View Full Version : [OS2008, Maemo 5] Tennix is here :)
I've just finished preparing the first Maemo port release of Tennix, a 2D tennis game. You can download it for OS2008 here: http://icculus.org/tennix/maemo/
Feedback and help with development and packaging is welcome, there is a support forum on Garage: Support forum on Garage (https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2196)
01-24-2008, 06:17 AM
Nice game :-) but some problems:
I'm missing sound (in xterm:"Error: Unrecognized sound file type") and an entry in the menu. And should I be able to use the dpad? I can only play with the stylus. (OS2008 on N800)
edit: OK, entry in the menu is there (maybe I needed to reboot)
01-24-2008, 10:17 PM
nice to see the games still coming. This one sounds great, I'll load it up on my N800 and N810 tonite.
01-17-2010, 05:55 AM
I can see the main thing is getting the timing of the power down right, but you should compare this to other such timing games - once the shot power goes above 30% it moves much too fast for me to control.
You must have superior reflexes! :)
01-17-2010, 06:06 AM
This thread is over a year old.Might not be supporting the app now.
02-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Two years more like it, however ArnimS' point still stands. This game is in Maemo Extras and is barely usable on the N900.
Using the stylus it's possible to have a nice rally, however it's impossible to beat the computer. This application needs:
- Better controls on the N900
- Better touchscreen support (why can we not go near the net? Why no slice/chop effects on the ball?)
- Opponent gets point on first bad serve, we need to get at least two serves.
- The precision of the ball needs to be refined. There are plenty of balls that look exactly on the line, and get called out.
02-09-2010, 02:12 PM
1. Its almost impossible to win a rally against Carl Van Court unless you figure out how to do a drop shot.
2.The dpad and the center button control are awefully hard to use as imagined. holding the center button while manuvering the dpad is an impossiblity in the n800. Instead of the center button it should be the space bar.
3. i cant see in the night mode! who wants a night mode?
4. I am a rightie, as are 99% of the people in this world, so i prefer to play with the touch screen on the right side. but the default has the left side selected.
5. Where is the Options/settings Tab?
But thank you, the open source community for everything.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.