View Full Version : Merge wiki with Maemo.org?
02-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I can imagine for new users it would be easier if there was a single wiki about the Internet Tablets instead of two like now (on this site and maemo.org). Would it be an idea to merge the two?
02-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Maemo.org has been really quite focused with developers which was one of the reasons why itT was created -- to focus on IT users and complement Maemo.org. In the same way, the Maemo.org wiki is a bit too technical for the common user.
The itT wiki is due for a reorganization so it will be more readable and user friendly. Anyone with suggestions on how to reorganize it?
It would be great if there will only be one wiki. If it'll be at Maemo.org, itT would gladly point to it and discontinue the current one.
02-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I would not advise you to merge:
1. Meamo is quite complex to use. Meamo is a typical community tool, even with typical Jargon.
2. The Meamo Wiki is not easy to locate for a "newbie".
3. Both Wikis have a different audience. Meamo includes developers, whilst ITT shouldn't ( I think).
4. Wiki ITT has been quite useful for me. I think it really fulfils a need.
5. I did not really try the Meamo community Wiki.
6. I do understand your question for reorganization. I might come back on that.
7. The problem for Wiki ITT of course is maintenance. I think updating etc. should not be an ITT task. I assume it could be possible to link user-oriented-parts of the Meamo Wiki into ITT. (Is it already ?)
8. As I mentioned in earlier discussions: I miss what I would name a “Meamo Community Architecture”: it is difficult for a 'newbie' (even with several decades of IT management experience) to understand how vision, concepts, rules, roles, tasks etc. work together here, and I surely miss 'authoritative quality management' in the Meamo community. This also creates a problem for your re-organization plan if you want to join Meamo WiKi: A plan of your own (ITT alone) won’t work: It must be agreed (which means: Every One will provide and maintain user guides etc. within the agreed set of rules) by Meamo and probably “the Team”. Good luck !
9. In general my appreciation for the Meamo is best described as "Interesting". How many GUI’S for the media and/or photo player can be developed ? (Need money? Put a betting list on ITT). :p Never the less: Nice products !
10. There are of course more players: the work of tabletblog.com is quite nice and a good advertisement for the Tablets. They could be involved.
11. ITT Wiki should, in my view, focus on the standard Nokia applications as delivered “off the shelf”. The Nokia Apps perform outstanding and obviously fit within 1 concept !
12. Good question !
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.