View Full Version : [Canola] Photo Viewer Questions
04-17-2008, 11:45 PM
1. Is there any option to have the order of the photos sorted by filename?
this is very annoying
2. when in the filmstrip view after clicking a pic , is there anyway to control what info shows at the bottom of the pic... some of my pics show the filename , some the manufacturer of the camera i used , some say the image was made with adobe photoshops + a weird character.... Id prefer only the filename Or nothing at all show.
3. how could i remove the info about the cam ...photoshop image from all the files?
4. in the album list , how can i get these to be in the proper order?
04-19-2008, 12:39 AM
I have similar issues as well. I would love some sorting options. And I have had some pictures show up with odd names under them, instead of the filename I gave them.
04-19-2008, 01:25 AM
As said in the threads on beta1 (ok it's too long ago :) ) currently there's not. I know you consider it annoying, and other people also do, but it was a decision to be made that day, that is now a little bit more complicated (actually) is simple below a number of photos, but for all cases (like 400 photos on an album) it's almost impossible to use the same drawing system with different sort (drawing sequence actually).
We want to try some experiments, but I cannot guarantee they will be on beta9, the experiments is to sort phots before drawing, but they would still draw using the line sequence not page sequence : /
What is shown in the space is the metadata for the description. So if you have correct metadata (like in your songs) it will have the perfect title. Do you use any photo management application?
This is somewhat funny, while we are doing some "metadata" based applications, most (vast majority) of users don't have a clue of how to deal with metadata, and probably will never do that easily : / so is it worth to keep investing in that? Until the cameras are able to do voice recognition in a photo you just taken (and you silly enough to say - james doing funny faces with his hand full of gel -) it will be quite hard to make people actually "grasp" the thing : /
3. Edit the metadata, try using picasa on windows (and setting just title) or even iphoto on mac (picasa on linux is great too)
4. Well they are in the proper order (alphabetical ?) new sort options will be added, but again, this is plus. We still have some issues to solve : / (playlist for example is more important, we need to finish upnp, we need to debug the scanner, include internacionalization and make sure the playback is perfect in most of cases!
But thanks for the suggestion munky, as I said before when one complains, others agree.. we do listen, and we do change.. we are just slower now : / but we will improve and most of this will probably have some solution!
Ps: I think for the pictures, we will make sure they show or the title tag or the filename, the problem is .. if photoshop is puting his info on the name tag : ///
04-24-2008, 06:19 PM
is there any program that will remove all metadata.. like ID3renamer that i use for my MP3's?
04-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Munky : I don't know ... probably google can help you more than me on this :))
04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
As an alternative, you can try the Quiver photo viewer. Depending on what I'm doing, I tend to use one or the other.
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Macrotor : he's asking actually how to change the metadata :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.