PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo won't let me login to my emails accounts

searcher
2009-02-18, 07:56
I have been facing this problem for almost 2 months. I was on a trip then and was not able to login to Yahoo. I got so fed up that I have my N800 put away.

I am not login to my Yahoo email account (s) it keeps rejecting me. I have placed my N800 next to my XP laptop and Macs and when I used the other devices I have no problem so I know I have the correct account names and pswds.

I was told before to uncheck "Fit width to view", it only worked a couple of times, but after that I'm not able to login. I can access my Gmail, and Hotmail accounts.

I know that I'm not the only N800 user that has Yahoo emails.

Please let me know what the heck should I do....
thanks

geneven
2009-02-18, 08:13
I've logged into Yahoo mail about 5,000 times since I bought my N800 a few years ago.

Create a new Yahoo account and see if it works. That at least will tell you something.

Did you ever have Yahoo set up on your N800 so that it automatically logged in? Maybe it's automatically entering the wrong pw.

It's easy to mess up entering the password on a tablet, because the field is small and it's hard to tell whether you have accidentally repeated a character

Tell Yahoo you forgot your password and see what it tells you it is.

It works with no problem for me, and always has. It works on my N800 and on my N810, which I just got.

I gather it worked for awhile. You could always reflash, just for fun.

mfortner
2009-02-18, 13:31
Try using Yahoo classic view?

deluxe
2009-02-18, 15:26
Just a hunch, but try this:

Create a simple text file on the IT with your login ID and password clearly spelled out.
Then copy and paste the details into the relevant fields on the Yahoo log-in page. Then hit enter.

My IT has zero problems logging in to Yahoo for mail (auto log-in is perfect) on my n810, so I know it's possible.

The work-around I suggest, was absolutely necessary for me with a couple of sites though, not sure why.

hordeman
2009-02-18, 16:13
Try using Yahoo classic view?

I agree. Try that or http://mobile.yahoo.com/ (I believe).

runforlife
2009-02-19, 04:30
Same here, just began. For any account, email or otherwise.

What is going on. I have a N800.

Jose Vargas

mfortner
2009-02-19, 06:24
It is working for me on my N800 with Diablo. I signed out which took me to the Yahoo home where I signed in again. I clicked mail which gave me the usual screen res ... use classic view message. Its all normal for me.

runforlife
2009-02-19, 20:00
It's not just Yahoo, can't log in to any online account using MicroB.

STANUL
2009-02-19, 21:55
For me Pidgeon does not allow me to log into Yahoo on Nokia N810
I just gave up:(

runforlife
2009-02-20, 01:34
Issue still pending. Anyone with solution, please let us know.

Jose Vargas

sondjata
2009-02-20, 04:07
may I suggest a reflash as a number of people have indicated that they can use Yahoo, etc. on the 810/800 with Diablo.

runforlife
2009-02-20, 14:55
Aside flashing, anyone else have the fix.

searcher
2009-02-21, 19:44
Hi Guys,

See what I mean, I am not crazy and no I am not the only one. I am so glad to hear (not really I feel for you guys) that you are facing similar problems.

I had no problem when I first got the N800, then I went on a trip, and it was useless I packed and frankly I haven't used it.
So I have done the following:
Uploaded upgrade to my current 2008 OS
typed user name and password to text document and pasted back
I entered yahoo url address fresh not from bookmarks
cleared cache and history on browser
able to login from Mac or XP (which points directly that is a Nokia issue)
Have unchecked "fit width to view"
I have tried to login from Nokia over 25 times am I that dumb to make so many mistakes in entering my login?
I have the same experience with all of my yahoo accounts
I have escalated my calls with Nokia to level 2 and the buck stopped there.

Out of frustration I just ordered a N810 I think I am going to refuse and send it back and maybe end up buying an Itouch

searcher
2009-02-22, 18:41
Have people given up, or did you all find a fix.

I'd suggest to contact Nokia and let them know, either they are on denial or no one has reported except me........

It's very obvious that this is not a Yahoo issue, but Nokia issue.

Otherwise, why am I successful login using any other appliance? Duh,

Also, I find it weird that I can surf the entire Yahoo, and any other sites including videos and w/o any problem so what gives.

The fact of the matter, is that Nokia has on record with most Nokia phones not being able to synch to their Yahoo accounts, and they put a fix but is only for phones.

We need to unite and put some pressure to Nokia

searcher
2009-02-22, 18:45
Take a look at this blog that was posted at S60, also check Nokia's forum

http://blogs.s60.com/2009/01/update-for-yahoo-mail-users-of-nokia-messaging

* Home
* S60 info
* S60 devices
* Applications
* My S60
* News
* Blogs

S60 Living
Users of S60
Previous
Back to main
Next
S60 Living:
permalinkbookmark
Update for Yahoo! Mail users of Nokia Messaging
Nokia Messaging - January 17th, 2009 - Written by Davis Fields

Hello,

I want to acknowledge the recent issue Yahoo Mail users are having with Nokia Messaging. In the past 24 hours, Nokia Messaging has been unable to connect to the Yahoo Mail servers, preventing users from sending or receiving email on any Yahoo Mail account.

We apologize for the outage, and have resolved the problem on our end. In our to restore syncing with your Yahoo Mail, follow these steps:

1. Log into email.nokia.com using your email address and password
2. Click ‘Edit Settings’ next to your Yahoo Mail address under My Email Address
3. Select change password, and enter your Yahoo Mail password and click ‘Save Changes’
4. Your emails should begin syncing shortly afterwards.

Thanks again for your patience. As always, please email nokiaemail [at] nokia.com with any comments you have, and continue to comment about Nokia Messaging around the internet - your feedback was critical in order to to quickly identify and resolve this issue.

-Davis Fields

Tags: Mail, messaging, Nokia, Yahoo

runforlife
2009-02-23, 01:51
It's more than Yahoo. Can't log in to any website right now.

mfortner
2009-02-23, 13:23
Have you tried restoring a back up from before this issue arose?

geneven
2009-02-23, 13:31
Jose Vargas:

How about some clues? You can't log into any online account. So, what happens -- you try to type in your name and the letters bounce off the computer?

You can't, for example, create an account at the New York Times or any newspaper?

Can you log into all these accounts on other computers and just not on the N800? Do you get an error message, or does it just not respond?

You are the only one I have ever seen reporting that you cannot log into any online account, except for users who can't get on the Internet at all. But you don't mention any Internet problems, it's just when you try to log into any account that you have a problem?

runforlife
2009-02-23, 16:17
For any site I have an account, when I enter my credentials and click login, nothing happens.

>Jose Vargas:

>How about some clues? You can't log into any online account. So, >what happens -- you try to type in your name and the letters >bounce off the computer?

>You can't, for example, create an account at the New York Times >or any newspaper?

>Can you log into all these accounts on other computers and just >not on the N800? Do you get an error message, or does it just not >respond?

>You are the only one I have ever seen reporting that you cannot >log into any online account, except for users who can't get on the >Internet at all. But you don't mention any Internet problems, it's >just when you try to log into any account that you have a problem?

canoehead
2009-02-23, 16:32
So, you can see the login page but nothing happens. It sounds like the Internet connectivity works.

Have you accidentally turned off Javascript in the browser?

Check the browser settings -- quite a few login pages use Javascript to make the login buttons active.

runforlife
2009-02-23, 21:47
I unchecked and checked the Enable JavaScript checkbox and still the same, cannot login. If anyone has the solution, let us know.

Jose Vargas

devaler
2009-02-24, 04:03
For the record, I can say that lots of people have been having problems accessing Yahoo mail. For one thing, ypops doesn't work anymore (at least it didn't yesterday), and the webmail extension for Thunderbird also failed until an upgraded add-on was released yesterday. So, at least as far as Yahoo goes, they've made some changes on their end that have had repercussions in other areas.

searcher
2009-02-24, 18:47
guys, please look at my posting #15 on this tread. As you can see this problem is wider than N800/810.
I'm wondering if any of you has contacted Nokia, as I have. They told me that they had never received any call regarding this issue? REally? And yet, I keep getting emails from other N800 users having the same problem.

Just like Runforlife, I have tried and nothing happens, and yes if I login using my Mac, XP no problem.

I just received my N810 and when I tried to login to my Yahoo I got a message saying that "This browser is not compatible to login to Yahoo", unless I wanted to go as View Classic one time only". What the heck is this?

So, I followed the steps, and it worked on the 810.

How do you select "Classic View" using N800 in Yahoo.

Then, I went and tried to login using my N800 and wouldn't you know it worked. But I think this was a wild luck, because I think the problem still pretty much permanent.

I don't have any problem using N800 login to my gmail, hotmail (MSFT), but Yahoo no

fragos
2009-02-24, 22:14
I don't know if this relates to the Yahoo issues some are having but I just wanted to mention that with some sites when the login screen pops up you still have to position/tap the cursor in the text box. I have no login problems with any of the sites I visit but am not a Yahoo user. I'm a Linux user, desktop and on our beloved tablet. The few times I've been prevented from loging into a site the cause was that the site was Microsoft oriented and used proprietary Active-X instead of Javascript to code the login. In that case a Windows computer could log in but the tablet wouldn't be able to. The Active-X issue can also come into play when playing media on the web.

geneven
2009-02-24, 22:31
I use Yahoo Mail many times on a daily basis, on an N800 and an N810. I have had no problems.

If you take one person who can't log on to ANYTHING and someone else who just can't log on to Yahoo Mail and say "Look, we have the same problem!!" well, that kind of thinking can prove anything.

All of you who are having this problem, try flashing, which should get you Diablo, and then tell us whether you have the problem.

Oh, and "how do you use classic view on an n800"??

Try following Yahoo's instructions. It really shouldn't take you a million years or anything.

runforlife
2009-02-25, 01:22
I'm avoiding flash for now because that means you also have to download .NET, and my eee is full.

fragos
2009-02-25, 01:35
Flash has nothing to do with Microsoft .NET. Flash ver 10 is about 10MB and the version in the tablet is 460KB.

runforlife
2009-02-25, 01:48
I'm avoiding flashing the unit because that means having to download .NET and my eee PC is full.

fragos
2009-02-25, 02:02
That download uses HTTP which is already in your browser. See http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/2008/01/nokia-n800-how-to-update-n800s-firmware.html

searcher
2009-02-25, 06:05
Geneven,

I do have Diablo and have uploaded the latest version as well, but still I'm having the same problem to a point.

You suggested earlier to try to use Classic View.

Can you tell me how I can do the selection using the tablet? I think I've seen it from my desktop.

Also, I just received my N810 and tried to get on line while at a public place, and once I entered Yahoo's site I got a message saying " This browser is not compatible with Yahoo. you can click *here for one time only", which I click and was able to login. and has access to my email accounts. And think there was something mentioned about Classic View but it was removed very quickly.

Please note this happened using the N810, so I am suspecting that Geneven might be right, there is something about the way I am viewing Yahoo.

I wonder why I didn't get this message while using the N800?

blutack
2009-02-25, 18:46
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080722051856AAmFwAR
(oops, links to a dead page), try this instead:
http://ymailuk.com/blog1/2007/11/01/switch-to-classic/

Rather than reflashing, you could try to install ElFM (something like that, the proper file manager) and go into /home/user, enable showing of hidden files (click the icon that looks like an eye) and then delete the folder with .microb or something in the name. That will wipe your microb settings clean. BEWARE that this file manager can be used to delete some potentially valuable settings and information, so tread lightly.
Just a note, my girlfriend can quite happily use Yahoo Mail (new interface) on my N800, up to date Diablo.

fragos
2009-02-25, 20:51
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080722051856AAmFwAR
(oops, links to a dead page), try this instead:
http://ymailuk.com/blog1/2007/11/01/switch-to-classic/

Rather than reflashing, you could try to install ElFM (something like that, the proper file manager) and go into /home/user, enable showing of hidden files (click the icon that looks like an eye) and then delete the folder with .microb or something in the name. That will wipe your microb settings clean. BEWARE that this file manager can be used to delete some potentially valuable settings and information, so tread lightly.
Just a note, my girlfriend can quite happily use Yahoo Mail (new interface) on my N800, up to date Diablo.

emelFM2 is the package name you're looking for.

Andre Klapper
2009-02-26, 10:04
...or if you know how to use the terminal, you could try
"rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla"
to delete the browser settings. on your own risk...

runforlife
2009-02-26, 14:24
Andre, that worked!

Thanks,

Jose Vargas