View Full Version : Anyone try the Laser virtual keyboard?
10-26-2006, 02:03 PM
It is pricey, but looks really slick. it has pretty good nokia support for cell phones, just not specifically the 770
11-10-2006, 04:55 AM
yeh, tried it with my buddy's nokia smart phone, It looks cool but there are some drawbacks.
- you need a lot of surface space to work. .
- the surface can't be glass (obviously) and very shiny surfaces that reflect other lights can give you false positives. hehe a mirrored surface can make it freak out a bit and a laser pointer can piss off anyone who is using it.
- surface needs to be solid and level. The slightest movement will topple the unit.
- the virtual keyboard wil give you false positive key presses if you tend to "hover" over keys like I do.
- you will also have false positives if you have thick fingers like me.
It's good for short periods but my buddy and I have noticed how you can get eye fatigue from the light.
It's certainly an eye catcher when people see you using it but unless the above conditions are met, it's kind of a pain. the small Freedom Input Mini Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard is soooo much better and you can use it in any situation.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.