PDA

View Full Version : how do you install games for SCUMMVM?

franny87
2009-12-24, 00:54
Ok so i installed SCUMMVM. I downloaded The Curse Of Monkey Island on Fileplanet. How do I make SCUMMVM read the file? The Moneky Island game i downloaded is a .zip file. Do i need to do something with X-Terminal to install it? If so can someone please help me through this because I have no clue how to use X-Terminal at all.

RipTorn
2009-12-24, 00:57
ScummVM doesn't read Zip files, you need to unzip it and place it somewhere on your device. I kept it on my SD card under ScummVMgames/MonkeyIsland3 whatever.
Start ScummVM go --> Add Game --> find the game folder in the next window that pops up, click Choose.

pretty much it.

franny87
2009-12-24, 02:37
Do i need to put all the files inside the zip in my nokia phone or just the .exe files? Because for some reason it is not reading it. Is it because I'm not using an SD card?

piascyk
2009-12-24, 03:14
keep all the game files in the monkey island folder (i have 2 files named monkey and a bunch 24 .ogg files) then with scummvm choose "add game" and navigate to the folder.

correct me if im wrong but i dont think scumm games dont have .exe files...mine dont at least. they end in .000 and .001.

also unzip.

none of my games are on my sd card.

RipTorn
2009-12-24, 06:36
The Games can have the .exe files, ScummVM just doesn't use them.

If you got a game that is Zipped up. Unzip it to its own folder (you can do this in windows and just transfer it over to the phone if it makes life easier) Make sure all the files that got unzipped get put into their own folder. ie. MonkeyIsland3

Then Transfer this folder to the N900/N810 or what ever it is.
They don't have to exist on an SD card no. I found it easier to keep all my ScummVM games on the SD card so I can copy it to and from my Desktop without needing USB cables.

Or you can always read from their main website.

http://scummvm.org/faq/#3_1

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Rip

crail
2011-01-14, 20:11
its home/user/MyDocs to get to the phone memory.

its media/mmc1 to get to the memory card. look for the monkey island folder with all the files from the zip in, open it and press choose.

crail
2011-01-14, 20:14
to be very clear, extract the zip into a folder and call it what you want, that is the folder you need to choose.

goetz
2011-02-18, 18:37
What is "Nokia N900" in your N900's file manager?

If that is how you have named your N900, then you should find the games in the subdirectories of "/home/user/mydocs/Scumm Games".

If that is the name of your memory card, use: "/media/mmc1/Scumm Games".

And no, re-installing would probably make no sense in this case. ;)

crail
2011-02-18, 19:43
stop pressing choose on user folder, you need to choose the monkey island folder.

open scumm add game, navigate to home then user then MyDocs then your monkey island folder then press choose.

festivalnut
2011-02-18, 20:06
double clickin aint easy with a tiny target and a stylus! ;)