PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N900 Owners from Philippines

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

gabby131
2011-01-04, 03:15
Got a GLOBE prepaid sim card. N900 is showing 3G, but can not use internet. Do I need to activate data rate on Globe? Any advice?

no.....if you have data plan or enough credits, it should work.

in other cases, check your connection settings. (APN, proxy, port) unfortunately, some SIM cards does not have internet connections built in, so you need to manually set it up.

EDIT: better download fapn app first.

Radicalz38
2011-01-04, 04:00
Yung deb files pwede yan buksan using winrar or preferably 7zip. Problem mo lang jan is yung mga permissions o symlinks kaso di yan supported ng windows. Or if linux ka should be extractable na yan eh :p

benjo1219
2011-01-05, 11:39

in other cases, check your connection settings. (APN, proxy, port) unfortunately, some SIM cards does not have internet connections built in, so you need to manually set it up.

baka luma yung sim card mo... yung hindi nagana sa internet settings ng globe, try mo yung bagong sim nila na tattoo.

riceboy
2011-01-06, 19:50
guys. i have a question. is it possible to send files in mydocs to other phones? can we enable file sharing?

D'ohboy
2011-01-08, 14:17

I think the built in settings are wrong for the prepaid Globe SIM cards. The way I fixed this was by automatically getting the settings from Globe by messaging GO N900,,1234 to the number 2951 and writing down the settings I received. Of course since they send you a choice of three settings myGlobe CONNECT, myGlobe Gaming, and myGlobe INET, you have use fapn to create more connections because it overwrites the previous ones.
The settings are:
myGlobe INET
Access point name: http.globe.com.ph
User name: leave blank
Password: leave blank
uncheck prompt password if checked
Under the advanced settings uncheck the use proxy box if checked.
Check Auto-retrieve IP address and auto-retrieve DNS.

The gaming setting is the same except that the APN is: game.globe.com.ph

The myGlobe CONNECT uses a proxy and has settings for it so I would just use the auto setup from the SMS and just type in the settings for the others. However, you do need to delete the user name and password because they say NONE rather than just being blank.

Actually, the best one is the INET connection since the CONNECT only lets you browse the web.

riceboy
2011-01-09, 06:13
i would have to agree on that. for the longest time i spent a lot of money trying to connect to CONNECT when i should be using the INET one.

rNeilC
2011-01-09, 14:40
guys anyone know how much a brand new n900 cost in the philippines? and are there plenty of stock?

gabby131
2011-01-09, 14:55
guys. i have a question. is it possible to send files in mydocs to other phones? can we enable file sharing?

we have file sharing

-download Petrovich (PR 1.1)
-tap and hold on a file in MyDocs and select "Share" (PR 1.2 and up)

gabby131
2011-01-09, 14:57
guys anyone know how much a brand new n900 cost in the philippines? and are there plenty of stock?

about PHP 15k less or greater.

Nokia have discontinued N900 manufacturing. too bad, they did not provide NAM versions...(for North America 3G)

D'ohboy
2011-01-09, 15:59
about PHP 15k less or greater.

Nokia have discontinued N900 manufacturing. too bad, they did not provide NAM versions...(for North America 3G)

15K? When I popped into a Nokia store a few days ago it was PHP 23,150.
It does have North American 3G, assuming, that you have T-mobile and you live in an area where they provide 3G.

gabby131
2011-01-09, 16:37
It does have North American 3G, assuming, that you have T-mobile and you live in an area where they provide 3G.

it does have T-mobile....that's it.....:) but for me that has 850/1900 nu-uh :(

try other re-sellers.....

rNeilC
2011-01-10, 08:01

anyone knows a place where i can get it for lesser than this? =D

kulas
2011-01-10, 08:09
anyone knows a place where i can get it for lesser than this? =D

try to buy to any "WIRELESS" store. I bought mine when N900 first came out on the market with about 26k which when you buy it on Nokia store, it will cost you 32k. :D

PS: WIRELESS is a name of a store. I think sa megamall may store dun. :)

kulas
2011-01-10, 08:12
may nkpaginstall nb d2 ng aircrac-ng?

rNeilC
2011-01-10, 08:20
try to buy to any "WIRELESS" store. I bought mine when N900 first came out on the market with about 26k which when you buy it on Nokia store, it will cost you 32k. :D

PS: WIRELESS is a name of a store. I think sa megamall may store dun. :)

will do... thanks pre.. but another problem would be the stock.. is the n900 still visible in stores? here in ksa, you can just see n900 rarely in shops anymore.. :(

Radicalz38
2011-01-10, 08:31
may nkpaginstall nb d2 ng aircrac-ng?

Syempre ako :p

chivar
2011-01-10, 09:55
ako kung may pera ako na extra pang gastos bibili pa ako ng N900 hahaha kahit mga 2 na unit pa para spare tapos madaming batteries para i clone ko sila

topet2k12001
2011-01-12, 20:10
Friends,

Not sure if you already know this or if there's an existing topic, but here (http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=328692) is something that may help you "migrate" or "keep" your existing contacts, messages, photos/videos. etc. database should you wish to uninstall/re-install Nokia Ovi Suite (or should you reformat your computer).

Hope this helps. :)

ewankosyo
2011-01-13, 13:53
anybody can help? i lost my system sound and ringtones pero my media player's audio works.

rNeilC
2011-01-13, 14:18
did you already check the settings? profile?...

what did you do before this happened?

ewankosyo
2011-01-13, 21:56
did you already check the settings? profile?...

what did you do before this happened?

i think it all started when i installed fm-carkit. no system, call, sms and email alerts now, but media player has audio (music and videos) funny things is when i select a call alert it preview it by playing it.. :)

could you also check this out please..

/home/user # apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
libtpsession libqtm-serviceframework
rtcom-accounts-plugin-facebook
libqt4-declarative
nokiamaps-navigation-provider-settings-003
rtcom-skype-emoticons-theme
rtcom-accounts-voip-support
libqtm-publishsubscribe libqtm-messaging
cherry qtm-modest-plugin libqt4-xmlpatterns
libqt4-webkit dsme-thermalobject-surface
modest-home-applet libqtm-versit
microb-geolocation libqt4-multimedia
libqt4-translations libtelepathy-qt4-0
maemo-optify-runonce libqt4-script
Hmm, seems like the AutoRemover destroyed something which really
shouldn't happen. Please file a bug report against apt.

The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
qtm-maemo-metapackage: Depends: libqtm-messaging (>= 1:1.0.2-maemo1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqtm-publishsubscribe (>= 1:1.0.2-maemo1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqtm-serviceframework (>= 1:1.0.2-maemo1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqtm-versit (>= 1:1.0.2-maemo1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Internal Error, AutoRemover broke stuff

thanks

nayr
2011-01-23, 12:01
Checking the forums via search but i cannot find any answers on fixing my wifi problem. It seems i can connect my phone on the wifi router but i cannot even open the google or any other site for that matter. any idea how can i fix it? Thanks

Edit - I think ok na reset to original settings .. hmmm not sure if Fcamera's fault

N900FTW
2011-01-24, 03:38
what's up all!

I'm having his problem and wondering if anyone could help me.
about my phone's touchscreen stopped working

Keyboard is working fine though cause when i press the keyboard in goes to my contacts and other stuff.

Here's the last thing I did last night before waking up this morning
noticed that the phone freezed up on me:

*phone is on google chat and facebook chat. I still recieve
fb chat messages but unable to click them

*phone is on silent mode

*calendar is set to alarm 12:00 noon

*the only thing i installed from extra devel is MAPPERO
& the app where you can switch on tablet mode and it
was installed like a month ago and is working fine.

* i can move the background HALFWAY but it won't go all the way
to the other background.

*x terminal is working by pressing Ctrl + Shift + X

* cpu proccesses around 60 - 90%

I woke up and the screen looks it froze on while the calendar
alarm sets off, i can see i have a new message(i.m. or text, idk).

That's about it. You think it's a BUG or something?

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated, salamat!

MiseryKid08
2011-01-28, 02:53
+1 got mine dis jan 24 2011

chivar
2011-01-30, 15:27
installed new game sa preenv jumpclock maganda hehe steampunky yun drawing :)

elite ralf
2011-02-06, 14:51
hey guys ask ko lang, san pa ba makkabili ng N900 namura? out of stock/phased-out na daw eh. HUHUHU T_T

riceboy
2011-02-06, 18:46
try sulit.com chief

chivar
2011-02-07, 04:40
sa tipidcp madami mura na

riceboy
2011-02-09, 18:54
galaw galaw :)

chivar
2011-02-10, 02:19
onga galaw galaw nasan na mga katoto naten dito??

yayafams
2011-02-10, 20:22
guys panu ba gamitin na pang ilaw ung flash ng camera if ur shooting a video? pwede ba un?

topet2k12001
2011-02-10, 20:29
guys panu ba gamitin na pang ilaw ung flash ng camera if ur shooting a video? pwede ba un?

Hi Friend,

I downloaded something from the Application Manager called "Live Focus". That might be what you are looking for.

chivar
2011-02-12, 02:31

try mo install yung flashlight app or yung torch

tried it and it didnt work hehe

dutch184
2011-02-17, 21:42
Hi Gang:

I sent a N900 to a friend in Iligan City and he received it yesterday Feb.17, 2011. He picked up a SIM card from Globe Communications and upon setting up the phone he came across a button that says: "Enter Code To Remove Operator Lock".

Has anyone come across that situation before? If so, where and how does he get this "operator code?"

He's guessing this code will unlock the SIM card so that he can view his minutes and other phone usage information....is that correct?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

topet2k12001
2011-02-18, 00:56
Hi Gang:

I sent a N900 to a friend in Iligan City and he received it yesterday Feb.17, 2011. He picked up a SIM card from Globe Communications and upon setting up the phone he came across a button that says: "Enter Code To Remove Operator Lock".

Has anyone come across that situation before? If so, where and how does he get this "operator code?"

He's guessing this code will unlock the SIM card so that he can view his minutes and other phone usage information....is that correct?

Hi Friend,

Please refer to these threads. Hope this helps. :)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58232&highlight=operator+lock

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54465&highlight=operator+lock

Mine has that too (all N900's perhaps), but it doesn't affect the way I use it.

dutch184
2011-02-18, 02:16
Hi Friend,

Please refer to these threads. Hope this helps. :)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58232&highlight=operator+lock

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54465&highlight=operator+lock

Mine has that too (all N900's perhaps), but it doesn't affect the way I use it.

Thanks for those links. Most of the answers there (when given) I found on to be conflicting messages. However most seem to refer to situations in the UK and USA. One answer I thought did make sense was the code should have read: "Enter the "PUK" Code." This code request appears when the PIN is entered more than 3 times incorrectly. I just hope he has a PUK code available.

Even without this code the phone works properly, as yours does, but does the SIM card provide the usage information that Globe Communications phones provide? I'm told that this information let's you know how many minutes you have used and how many you have remaining along with other useful information.

Questions I have for members of this group:

[LIST=1]Has anyone else experienced the message: "Enter Code To Remove Operator Lock?" - How did you resolve that issue?

[LIST=2]Do any of your SIM cards provide usage information especially those who have a SIM card on the Globe network?

Thank you for your help and any additional information you can provide.

Al from New York

topet2k12001
2011-02-18, 03:06
Thanks for those links. Most of the answers there (when given) I found on to be conflicting messages. However most seem to refer to situations in the UK and USA. One answer I thought did make sense was the code should have read: "Enter the "PUK" Code." This code request appears when the PIN is entered more than 3 times incorrectly. I just hope he has a PUK code available.

Even without this code the phone works properly, as yours does, but does the SIM card provide the usage information that Globe Communications phones provide? I'm told that this information let's you know how many minutes you have used and how many you have remaining along with other useful information.

Questions I have for members of this group:[LIST=1]Has anyone else experienced the message: "Enter Code To Remove Operator Lock?" - How did you resolve that issue?[LIST=2]Do any of your SIM cards provide usage information especially those who have a SIM card on the Globe network?

Thank you for your help and any additional information you can provide.

Al from New York

Hi Al,

Not sure if you have visited or used any mobile phone here but in general, wireless mobile communications in the Philippines (although generally prepaid users) is much more convenient than in other countries. :) The information that you mentioned, i.e. letting you know minutes used/remaining is commonly called here as "balance inquiry" since we're mostly prepaid users so getting that information is an SMS away (usually free). Hence there is really no need to "unlock" the SIM nor could the N900's "Enter Code to Remove Operator Lock" be of any factor for mobile users here in the Philippines. :) Most likely you know this, but sharing just the same - based on statistical data (may not be the most recent), the SMS volume of the whole of Europe in a day is just 1/4 of that of the Philippines in a day.

EDIT:

Some other information about mobile communications in the Philippines that might interest you:

1. Rates in the Philippines are pretty much standardized no matter where in the country. One minute of mobile-to-mobile talk time is charged either PHP 5.00 to PHP 6.50 (basically if it's same-network it's for a lower charge).
2. There are also some "gimmicks" by mobile carriers where you can do per-second charging by entering some number combinations prior to the mobile number, so for example a PHP 6.00 one-minute call can be broken down to PHP 0.60 per second. Other schemes include 20-minute "blocks" of charges for the price of a one-minute call. And many others. :)
3. The Philippines is a small country unlike the US so we don't have roaming or local toll. We do have long-distance but with the widespread use of mobile phones here, that only applies to landline phones. If you're using a cellphone there's no long-distance charge anywhere in the country.
4. Therefore, given the statements above, "Balance Inquiry" gives us information on how much prepaid balance we still have instead of providing us with remaining minutes since we pretty much know how much a minute costs and it's almost the same for all carriers.

I'm able to see the "Enter Code..." thingy only because I intentionally pressed/tapped on the top dropdown when I'm on the "Settings" menu, but have never encountered it appear by itself. Perhaps you are correct that it may apply to other countries like the US and UK. Or maybe my whole explanation is wrong because we (as well as other members in the links I gave) may not know yet what that menu/option does.

You don't have to worry about stuff like the PUK Code here in the Philippines.

1. Prepaid SIM cards here in the Philippines are so cheap to the point that they are so disposable, so most Filipinos have more than one phone number (I know - it's crazy managing multiple numbers, lolz...). Average price of a prepaid SIM is about PHP 50.00 (just over a dollar).
2. Whenever we purchase a SIM card, it has the PIN, PIN2, PUK, and PUK2 code on the SIM card package anyway, so the only time to worry is if he loses it. :)
3. Most Filipinos know that the PUK/PUK2 codes are for unlocking (actually it's more of resetting to default 1234) the PIN/PIN2 if it was entered incorrectly multiple times.

chivar
2011-02-18, 06:18
Hi Gang:

its simply not an "open line" unit... it is locked to a carrier other than the sim card he bought just have it unlock

cloudstrife1ph
2011-02-18, 09:51
anyone know a livestram website that is working with microb browser?

all i know is hayag but needs silverlight w/c the browser doesn't have and 1 pinoy.tk but i can't remove all the ads...

yerfdes11289
2011-02-18, 13:04
guys paturo naman. i got mine last december. and ung /home na 2 gig ko ay napupuno na. may guide ba to repartition yung 32gb? gusto ko kasi mangyari 10gb yung /home ko and the rest is mydocs. saka nga pala pwede din ba malakihan yung size ng rootfs? sana matulungan nyo ko.

Hurrian
2011-02-18, 13:31
Mga kababayan!
I just got my N900 on Monday, after using a N95 since 2007. Loving the way it's better (in every way).

Also, I don't think the N900 is sold locked, except in Europe.

P.S.: Has anyone overclocked the N900 to 1GHz in the 30C+ Manila heat?

topet2k12001
2011-02-18, 21:55
guys paturo naman. i got mine last december. and ung /home na 2 gig ko ay napupuno na. may guide ba to repartition yung 32gb? gusto ko kasi mangyari 10gb yung /home ko and the rest is mydocs. saka nga pala pwede din ba malakihan yung size ng rootfs? sana matulungan nyo ko.

Hi Friend,

There is a tutorial for installing NITDroid (Android ported to N900) to the eMMC of the Nokia N900. eMMC is the 32GB Internal Memory Card. Here's the link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459

Although this link talks about the full NITDroid tutorial, at the bottom part of the tutorial there are some links to download customized eMMC images that you can use to flash your phone. These eMMC images are customized only to give you either:

1. a 5GB "home" partition and a 27GB "MyDocs" partition, or
2. an 8GB "home" partition and a 21GB "MyDocs" partition.

Just download any of them, and then use them instead of the default "Vanilla eMMC" image when you flash your Nokia N900.

There are other manual methods of partitioning the eMMC but I thought of sharing this to you instead for convenience.

topet2k12001
2011-02-18, 21:57

Agree. :)

Nope, I don't want to risk it yet. :D

yerfdes11289
2011-02-19, 05:11
Hi Friend,

There is a tutorial for installing NITDroid (Android ported to N900) to the eMMC of the Nokia N900. eMMC is the 32GB Internal Memory Card. Here's the link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459

Although this link talks about the full NITDroid tutorial, at the bottom part of the tutorial there are some links to download customized eMMC images that you can use to flash your phone. These eMMC images are customized only to give you either:

1. a 5GB "home" partition and a 27GB "MyDocs" partition, or
2. an 8GB "home" partition and a 21GB "MyDocs" partition.

Just download any of them, and then use them instead of the default "Vanilla eMMC" image when you flash your Nokia N900.

There are other manual methods of partitioning the eMMC but I thought of sharing this to you instead for convenience.

eh sir panu yun hindi na maemo ang OS ko? magiging android na ba yung akin?

yerfdes11289
2011-02-19, 05:15
Mga kababayan!
I just got my N900 on Monday, after using a N95 since 2007. Loving the way it's better (in every way).

mine is OCed to 1ghz im living in manila and it works fine...

yerfdes11289
2011-02-19, 05:56
saka mga sirs pano bo ba maibackup yung mga apps na nainstall ko na? para kapag nagreflash ako ay hindi ko na ulit idodownload yung mga apps ko? pwede po ba yun?

topet2k12001
2011-02-19, 13:29
eh sir panu yun hindi na maemo ang OS ko? magiging android na ba yung akin?

Hi Friend,

Nope, just download only the customized eMMC images and then flash your phone using that instead of the original Vanilla eMMC. You don't need to follow the instructions on the link I gave you. Only follow the instructions if you want to dual-boot your phone (Maemo and NITDroid).

topet2k12001
2011-02-19, 13:30
saka mga sirs pano bo ba maibackup yung mga apps na nainstall ko na? para kapag nagreflash ako ay hindi ko na ulit idodownload yung mga apps ko? pwede po ba yun?

There's a "backup" tool for the N900. :) Or you may use Ovi Suite.

Changegames
2011-02-19, 13:47
gaya ng sabi nya Back-up menu lang ang pwede magrestore ng complete image ng n900 kaso dpa ganun ka-stable kaya di ko pa sinusubukan, ang ginagawa ko sinesave ko na lang mga deb files ng mga kelangan kong apps...

excited nako sa darating na portrait mode sa cssu.

yerfdes11289
2011-02-19, 13:54
Hi Friend,

Nope, just download only the customized eMMC images and then flash your phone using that instead of the original Vanilla eMMC. You don't need to follow the instructions on the link I gave you. Only follow the instructions if you want to dual-boot your phone (Maemo and NITDroid).

sir maraming salamat. nagawa ko na yung sinasabi mo. nagreflash nako and ung home ko ay 8gb na.. hehehe salamat ulit

topet2k12001
2011-02-19, 14:03
sir maraming salamat. nagawa ko na yung sinasabi mo. nagreflash nako and ung home ko ay 8gb na.. hehehe salamat ulit

You're welcome. :)

yerfdes11289
2011-02-19, 14:35
gaya ng sabi nya Back-up menu lang ang pwede magrestore ng complete image ng n900 kaso dpa ganun ka-stable kaya di ko pa sinusubukan, ang ginagawa ko sinesave ko na lang mga deb files ng mga kelangan kong apps...

excited nako sa darating na portrait mode sa cssu.

sir ano yung cssu? any guide about dyan?

Changegames
2011-02-19, 14:52
eto tol link sa thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67905&page=74

eto link sa install basahin mo nyo lang pero dko kasalanan kung may mangyari sa n900 nyo ah...
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

eto link sa portrait na darating hehe...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtD926wNcYs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

yerfdes11289
2011-02-19, 15:06
thanks for that info.. observe observe muna ako.. BTW sir ano latest ngayon sa n900? anong mga must haves na apps so far ngayon?

Changegames
2011-02-19, 15:24
wala ako balita tol eh nag aabang lang din ako kung kelan lalabas yung latest flash 10, qtmweb browser at yun nga portrait keyboard.

yerfdes11289
2011-02-22, 00:46
Guys bka pwede nyo ko sendan ng serial ng doct go premium.. Need lng sa studies

Hurrian
2011-02-22, 12:04
Yerf, install mo nlng ng OpenOffice sa Easy Debian.

yerfdes11289
2011-02-23, 12:22
nainstall ko na hurrian... salamat...

guys may isa pa kong tanong. anything familiar sa symbianize? meron kasi dun sa globe na pde pa din makapagtext kahit zero balance na. pde ba yun sa n900?

yerfdes11289
2011-02-24, 04:55
guys anythread kung pano makapag free internet using vpn?

topet2k12001
2011-02-26, 14:08
guys anythread kung pano makapag free internet using vpn?

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=144146

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=261361&page=279

MiseryKid08
2011-02-28, 02:38
http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=144146

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=261361&page=279

meron po bang pang smart??

topet2k12001
2011-03-01, 18:08
meron po bang pang smart??

I don't know; I don't have a Smart SIM card. But I assume it's the same. What I understand is that for Smart you have to maintain PHP 1.00.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-02, 08:13
sir topet natry mo na ba yung onedotzero. ayaw gumana sakin eh. windows 7 32 bit pc ko..

yerfdes11289
2011-03-02, 11:31
may nakapagtry na ba sa inyo ng meego OS?

topet2k12001
2011-03-03, 23:36
sir topet natry mo na ba yung onedotzero. ayaw gumana sakin eh. windows 7 32 bit pc ko..

No, sorry I don't know what onedotzero is.

kent_autistic
2011-03-04, 00:29
has anyone had his usb port broken? how did you get it repaired?

Garcel
2011-03-04, 00:36
may nakapagtry na ba sa inyo ng meego OS?

At this point I won't recomend the meego. Kasi hnd pa siya ganun ka usable. sobrang bagal. curious sna ako sa duel boot sa nitdroid maganda sana kaso hindi nadala na ako sa mga modified kernel's e. kailangan kasi i-overclock ang phone.

See for yourself nalang sa youtube kung magugustuhan mo yung meego =)

yerfdes11289
2011-03-04, 12:58
anyone has an activation key for docs to go premium? wala ako makita sa google eh...

yerfdes11289
2011-03-04, 14:13
At this point I won't recomend the meego. Kasi hnd pa siya ganun ka usable. sobrang bagal. curious sna ako sa duel boot sa nitdroid maganda sana kaso hindi nadala na ako sa mga modified kernel's e. kailangan kasi i-overclock ang phone.

See for yourself nalang sa youtube kung magugustuhan mo yung meego =)

dont tell me bro hindi ka naka OC>? naka activate ba docs to go premium mo?

topet2k12001
2011-03-04, 22:31
Hm, yes you need to install the power kernel for NitDroid, but you really don't need to overclock it to use it, right?

yerfdes11289
2011-03-05, 00:51
sir topet naka maemo ka ba or nagpalit ka OS?

bebek_35
2011-03-05, 04:11
1. gviterbo
2. demannu
3. chase15
4. Sheepdog987
5. ocnsee6gurl
6. heybige
7. cloudstrife1ph
8. keinpry
9. merc248
10. s2kver02
11. NOKIAFAN
12. zaoltryence
13. Reggie
14. angelove
15. ROne21
16. m3-n900
17. wadedinasty23
18. gabby131
19. car_mo_na_po
20. bijoux
21. EE3547
22. JMacalinao
23. farianit0
24. romelk
25. ayos!
26. BongC36
27. pixel8
28. Pressure
29. topet2k12001
30. aldeen_nour

pede pa po bang humabol?
aldeen_nour skype name ko from taguig. i'm currently living in jeddah,k.s.a. i got my nokia n900 seven months ago.

nayr
2011-03-05, 06:20
guys pwede bang palitan ng ibang MAP from other sources ang Sygic Mobile Maps? kasi dito sa philippines metro manila lang available gusto ko sana bilhin yun kaso walang full maps for Philippnes

yerfdes11289
2011-03-05, 12:54
guys pwede bang palitan ng ibang MAP from other sources ang Sygic Mobile Maps? kasi dito sa philippines metro manila lang available gusto ko sana bilhin yun kaso walang full maps for Philippnes

kaya nga eh.. nung pumunta akong cavite hanggang coastal road lang yung na GPS ko.. haha... may docs to go premium activation key ba kayo?

topet2k12001
2011-03-05, 21:31
sir topet naka maemo ka ba or nagpalit ka OS?

Maemo and NITDroid (dual-boot). Hindi ko pa na-try ang MeeGo sa phone ko kasi wala akong memory card.

Garcel
2011-03-05, 21:38
dont tell me bro hindi ka naka OC>? naka activate ba docs to go premium mo?

Yup. hnd ako naka OC. But i had read on installing nidroid that it will automatically OC your phone by default. Hnd naka active. Don't know how to. =)

topet2k12001
2011-03-05, 21:53
Yup. hnd ako naka OC. But i had read on installing nidroid that it will automatically OC your phone by default. Hnd naka active. Don't know how to. =)

Whenever you install the power-kernel, the N900 is set to be overclocked only to 600MHz which is the "limit for normal use" as approved by Nokia. Default is 500MHz for stock kernel. But there is an application for you to control the clock frequency of your phone's CPU whenever you have the power-kernel installed (in case you're not comfortable with 600MHz and you just want the default 500MHz). When you install NITDroid it is overclocked only to 600MHz as well.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-06, 01:06
sir topet yung nitdroid ba sa EMMC din nakainstall? ilang memory ang kinain? saka stable na ba yung nitdroid? wat i mean is may mga issues pa ba sa mga functionality ng nitdroid?

topet2k12001
2011-03-06, 01:22
sir topet yung nitdroid ba sa EMMC din nakainstall? ilang memory ang kinain? saka stable na ba yung nitdroid? wat i mean is may mga issues pa ba sa mga functionality ng nitdroid?

Hi Friend,

I think you already asked these questions in the other forum and these questions were already answered. :)

http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=5399146&postcount=152

NITDroid can be installed either in the memory card or the eMMC. I don't have a memory card so I followed the instructions for installing to the eMMC. When we say that it's installed to the eMMC, we are talking about the "MyDocs" partition (the 27GB partition)...so it's a lot of space you shouldn't worry about it. We already posted a video on how to do it, following the instructions here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459&goto=newpost

yerfdes11289
2011-03-06, 04:47
Hi Friend,

I think you already asked these questions in the other forum and these questions were already answered. :)

http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=5399146&postcount=152

NITDroid can be installed either in the memory card or the eMMC. I don't have a memory card so I followed the instructions for installing to the eMMC. When we say that it's installed to the eMMC, we are talking about the "MyDocs" partition (the 27GB partition)...so it's a lot of space you shouldn't worry about it. We already posted a video on how to do it, following the instructions here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459&goto=newpost

sorry for that.. nagkakadoble lang po yung tanong sir.

topet2k12001
2011-03-06, 05:21
sorry for that.. nagkakadoble lang po yung tanong sir.

It's cool, no worries. :)

Rasta Mob
2011-03-06, 07:13
1. gviterbo
2. demannu
3. chase15
4. Sheepdog987
5. ocnsee6gurl
6. heybige
7. cloudstrife1ph
8. keinpry
9. merc248
10. s2kver02
11. NOKIAFAN
12. zaoltryence
13. Reggie
14. angelove
15. ROne21
16. m3-n900
17. wadedinasty23
18. gabby131
19. car_mo_na_po
20. bijoux
21. EE3547
22. JMacalinao
23. farianit0
24. romelk
25. ayos!
26. BongC36
27. pixel8
28. Pressure
29. topet2k12001
30. aldeen_nour
31. Rasta Mob

Got mine last January and it's been a killer.:cool: Originally from Baguio but now working in KSA.:D

I've been pondering on whether to install Nitdroid or not. I'm in the middle of the desert and support is too far (and i seldom go there).

Maybe one of these days i'd grow some and try it.:cool:

"PUT YOUR DREAMS TO REALITY..WAKE UP AND LIVE!"
-Bob Marley

yerfdes11289
2011-03-06, 15:45
sir topet need help... ano po yung qt? ininstall ko na po yung full 4.7.2.. paturo naman po ako everything about qt, how to use it.. its purpose... pls...

yerfdes11289
2011-03-06, 15:49
saka meron bang mga naguupload ng mga premade na widgets or any qt programming na ready made para sa phone natin/.?

MiseryKid08
2011-03-07, 04:02
meron na po bang nakapag try ng nitdroid sa memory card? ask ko lang po kung wat po memory requirements ng nitdroid and kung meron po syang text and call function? thanks po:)

bebek_35
2011-03-07, 10:45
sir topet, paturo namn po pag-install ng nitdroid. meron pa po akong nitdroid installer pero pag open ko po ng installer lumalabas xterm with warning. "THIS PROGRAM WILL INSTALL APPS ONTO YOUR DEVICE AND FORMAT YOUR MICROSD WITHOUT ANY WARNINGS. THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK THAT THIS WILL RENDER YOUR DEVICE UNUSABLE, REQUIRING FULL MAEMO REFLASH. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

TYPE "YES" IF YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND TAKE THE RISK >"

try ko po type YES pero wala naman pong nangyari. please help me po.

topet2k12001
2011-03-07, 16:52
sir topet, paturo namn po pag-install ng nitdroid. meron pa po akong nitdroid installer pero pag open ko po ng installer lumalabas xterm with warning. "THIS PROGRAM WILL INSTALL APPS ONTO YOUR DEVICE AND FORMAT YOUR MICROSD WITHOUT ANY WARNINGS. THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK THAT THIS WILL RENDER YOUR DEVICE UNUSABLE, REQUIRING FULL MAEMO REFLASH. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE PROCEEDING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

TYPE "YES" IF YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND TAKE THE RISK >"

try ko po type YES pero wala naman pong nangyari. please help me po.

Hi Friend,

Please ensure to read the tutorial on NITDroid carefully. Here's the link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459. You're not supposed to tap (click) on the NITDroid installer icon based on the tutorial (are you planning to install it to the eMMC i.e. MyDocs partition?).

topet2k12001
2011-03-07, 16:55
meron na po bang nakapag try ng nitdroid sa memory card? ask ko lang po kung wat po memory requirements ng nitdroid and kung meron po syang text and call function? thanks po:)

There are users who have tried but not me. For optimal performance you should use a Class 6 MicroSD card (Class 6 - 6mbps data transfer rate), which is hard to find here in the Philippines, or very expensive. Still, an installation to the eMMC will be faster that's why it's my preferred method.

If you want to check the status of functionalities of the NITDroid project, please visit here: http://www.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900#Port_Status.

topet2k12001
2011-03-07, 16:56
sir topet need help... ano po yung qt? ininstall ko na po yung full 4.7.2.. paturo naman po ako everything about qt, how to use it.. its purpose... pls...

Hi Friend,

Qt is a programming language tool. I'm not a programmer, sorry I can't help you with this.

topet2k12001
2011-03-07, 16:57
saka meron bang mga naguupload ng mga premade na widgets or any qt programming na ready made para sa phone natin/.?

Yes, there are lots of them. Actually some applications that we normally download from the Application Manager were created using Qt.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-07, 23:38
Yes, there are lots of them. Actually some applications that we normally download from the Application Manager were created using Qt.

ahh.. ganun pla yun.. nagbabasa basa ako ng mga guides in making qt medyo naiintindihan ko paunti unti... ill try to make one.. dinadownload ko yung creator ngayon eh...

Garcel
2011-03-07, 23:45
Off topic info lang. Sa ayosdito.com ang daming nagbebenta ng 2nd hand n900. nakakatemp bumili. Naaawa lang ako sa n900. bibilhin nila tapos ibbenta lang nila agad2x dahil hindi maintindihan ang OS.

topet2k12001
2011-03-07, 23:52
Off topic info lang. Sa ayosdito.com ang daming nagbebenta ng 2nd hand n900. nakakatemp bumili. Naaawa lang ako sa n900. bibilhin nila tapos ibbenta lang nila agad2x dahil hindi maintindihan ang OS.

I agree. Too bad for them, good for us. :) I already have two units. :D

bebek_35
2011-03-08, 00:10
Hi Friend,

Please ensure to read the tutorial on NITDroid carefully. Here's the link: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459. You're not supposed to tap (click) on the NITDroid installer icon based on the tutorial (are you planning to install it to the eMMC i.e. MyDocs partition?).

wala naman po nangyari when i did procedure #5 and 6

(5.cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb
6.leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 (then press tab on your touchscreen)

topet2k12001
2011-03-08, 00:34
wala naman po nangyari when i did procedure #5 and 6

(5.cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-0.0.9.tar
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid-kernel-Mido.Fayad.deb
6.leafpad /etc/multiboot.d/1 (then press tab on your touchscreen)

Hi Friend,

Were you able to install Leafpad before anything else? As well as installing "rootsh" and bzip?

Or...if you're still having difficulty following the written tutorial, I made a video version of the same. Just visit this other forum where I uploaded a YouTube video: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834.

MiseryKid08
2011-03-08, 07:21
mga sir may nakapag try na po b nung h-e-n host mode gui? gusto ko po sana kasi itry kaso medyo takot po ako baka mabrick ko po kasi n900 ko

Changegames
2011-03-08, 08:21
ako nga gusto ko itry Backup Menu kaso sa dami ng version dko alam kung ano pinaka usable sa pr1.3...

yerfdes11289
2011-03-08, 15:35
guys baka may gusto pa sa inyo bumili ng n900.. binebenta ko yung akin. need cash eh.. mageenroll ako masters degree program. 19k na lang.. fresh.. 99% smooth. with otterbox case and screen protector. 100% good working condition. may kasama ng otterbox case.

vicscraft
2011-03-08, 16:08
1. gviterbo
2. demannu
3. chase15
4. Sheepdog987
5. ocnsee6gurl
6. heybige
7. cloudstrife1ph
8. keinpry
9. merc248
10. s2kver02
11. NOKIAFAN
12. zaoltryence
13. Reggie
14. angelove
15. ROne21
16. m3-n900
17. wadedinasty23
18. gabby131
19. car_mo_na_po
20. bijoux
21. EE3547
22. JMacalinao
23. farianit0
24. romelk
25. ayos!
26. BongC36
27. pixel8
28. Pressure
29. topet2k12001
30. aldeen_nour
31. Rasta Mob
32. vicscraft

add me to the list. got mine last October. been an observer here ever since. this time, i want to be involved... XD

riceboy
2011-03-08, 16:13
hey all! whats up

bebek_35
2011-03-09, 01:25
Hi Friend,

Were you able to install Leafpad before anything else? As well as installing "rootsh" and bzip?

Or...if you're still having difficulty following the written tutorial, I made a video version of the same. Just visit this other forum where I uploaded a YouTube video: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834.

sorry po, til now; i can't install nitdroid. requested URL returned error: 404.
my-maemo.com fremantle/user packages 404 not found
qole.org maemo/fremantle packages not found
www.amsn-project.net fremantle/amsn packages not found
http://moff.mozilla.fremantle/release packages/DiffIndex
GPG error: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org chinook release: the following signatures couldn't be verified public key is not available
failed to fetch http://my-maemo.com/repository/dists/freemantle/user/binary-armel/packages 404 not found.....
dpkg: error processing account-plugin-salut --(configure)
telepathy-extras dependency problems.....

topet2k12001
2011-03-09, 23:45
sorry po, til now; i can't install nitdroid. requested URL returned error: 404.
my-maemo.com fremantle/user packages 404 not found
qole.org maemo/fremantle packages not found
www.amsn-project.net fremantle/amsn packages not found
http://moff.mozilla.fremantle/release packages/DiffIndex
GPG error: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org chinook release: the following signatures couldn't be verified public key is not available
failed to fetch http://my-maemo.com/repository/dists/freemantle/user/binary-armel/packages 404 not found.....
dpkg: error processing account-plugin-salut --(configure)
telepathy-extras dependency problems.....

Just to check:

1. You are connected to the Internet while doing this, correct?
2. You added the "extras-testing" and "extras-devel" repositories in the Application Catalogs of the Application Manager, correct?
3. Did you start from scratch (re-flashed your phone)?

bebek_35
2011-03-10, 01:58
Just to check:

1. You are connected to the Internet while doing this, correct?
2. You added the "extras-testing" and "extras-devel" repositories in the Application Catalogs of the Application Manager, correct?
3. Did you start from scratch (re-flashed your phone)?

i tried to re-flash my phone but it's not working. i'm using windows 7. i guess, better to forget installing nitdroid. thanks for your help anyway and thanks for the time and effort.

topet2k12001
2011-03-10, 02:11
i tried to re-flash my phone but it's not working. i'm using windows 7. i guess, better to forget installing nitdroid. thanks for your help anyway and thanks for the time and effort.

Okay, no problem. :) Although I felt somewhat disappointed that it didn't work for you. Hope you can get it to work when you feel like trying it again.

Strange that flashing doesn't work on your phone. I have done so in Windows 7 and in Linux (Ubuntu) and they worked for me. In any case you may want to visit our thread in another forum, I also uploaded a video tutorial on flashing the phone. Just click here (http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834).

bebek_35
2011-03-10, 11:49
Okay, no problem. :) Although I felt somewhat disappointed that it didn't work for you. Hope you can get it to work when you feel like trying it again.

Strange that flashing doesn't work on your phone. I have done so in Windows 7 and in Linux (Ubuntu) and they worked for me. In any case you may want to visit our thread in another forum, I also uploaded a video tutorial on flashing the phone. Just click here (http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834).

when i downloaded the 2 firmwares,i was confused because the file turns out to be a vlc media file. and that's the reason why i cannot copy it in the flasher. am still trying to reflash my device anyway.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-11, 00:43
guys nabasa nyo na ba yung news about meego 1.2? nokia ang magdedevelop...

Garcel
2011-03-11, 01:48
sir Topet. salamat po dun sa tutorial nyo sa symbianize. Alam ko maliit na bagay lang sa iba ung free internet pero thank you po. Its really working for me. Sana stable na ito na free =).

Mapapansin mo lang is somewhat nasa french yung connection mo ung mga flash add at yahoo nasa french but it doesnt bother me. great work.

Anyone here from PASAY?

topet2k12001
2011-03-11, 03:31
sir Topet. salamat po dun sa tutorial nyo sa symbianize. Alam ko maliit na bagay lang sa iba ung free internet pero thank you po. Its really working for me. Sana stable na ito na free =).

Mapapansin mo lang is somewhat nasa french yung connection mo ung mga flash add at yahoo nasa french but it doesnt bother me. great work.

Anyone here from PASAY?

Thanks for appreciating. :) Nothing free is stable, just to set proper expectations. ;)

Yup ads, etc. are mostly in French because the server is located in France.

Sorry I'm not from Pasay. I'm from Quezon City.

kulas
2011-03-11, 05:54
may apps ba tayo d2 na nag bblock ng SMS message from a contact number?

topet2k12001
2011-03-11, 18:13
may apps ba tayo d2 na nag bblock ng SMS message from a contact number?

None that I know of. But is that feature necessary? We can simply delete and not read the unwanted SMS anyway.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-14, 15:23
sir topet ininstall mo ba yung CSSU?

ljtirazona
2011-03-15, 07:15
New N900 owner here from Los Baņos, Laguna! Got it about two weeks ago. Was really deliberating on whether to buy this or an Android, because of the device and OS support. In the end, I just couldn't resist the full-blown Linux OS and I found that community support is excellent. :)

Garcel
2011-03-15, 07:37
Hi guys.

Just wondering kung meron po kayong ma-iooffer na vpn cofig files for openvpn sa n900. All the vpn i seems to found are not working. Last week nagana pa po siya sa airvpn ngayon hindi na.

Hindi ko po matukoy kung sa server po o sa app mismo ang problem.

@Sir topet
thanks po sa pagaalalay nyo po sakin pasensya na po kayo n900 lang po meron ako wlang PC kaya malaking bagay sakin ang internet poor lang ako XD
If ever po may bago kayong tutorial or bagong vpn paki balita nyo nalang sakin salamat po.

@yerfdes11289
Kung curious ka about sa CSSU basa-basa ka nalang sa mga feedback nila. So far wala pa naman akong naiicounter na problem.
ang pinaka useful sakin ung 9 home screen. stable sya hindi tulad sa maemodder hindi mo na mababago ung wallpaper mo dun.

@ljtirazona
Actually hind ka nagiisa. Dati kasi namimili ako kung SE X10 o n900. binili ko yung n900 dahil sa browser at memory. Hope you'll enjoy your new device. Advice ko lang. Paki tignan nalang yung topic about webos games para magkaroon ka ng mas magandang games. PM mo ako kung gusto mo para mabigay ko yung mga sites kung saan ka pwede mag download.

topet2k12001
2011-03-16, 00:21
Hi guys.

Just wondering kung meron po kayong ma-iooffer na vpn cofig files for openvpn sa n900. All the vpn i seems to found are not working. Last week nagana pa po siya sa airvpn ngayon hindi na.

Hindi ko po matukoy kung sa server po o sa app mismo ang problem.

@Sir topet
thanks po sa pagaalalay nyo po sakin pasensya na po kayo n900 lang po meron ako wlang PC kaya malaking bagay sakin ang internet poor lang ako XD
If ever po may bago kayong tutorial or bagong vpn paki balita nyo nalang sakin salamat po.

Not a problem at all. Like what I mentioned, I'm really not an FBT/UBT user because I have a post-paid subscriber line and a company-issued phone. Actually sinadya ko pang bumili ng Prepaid SIM card just to be able to experiment and learn UBT/FBT and be able to share it to the community. Pero after that I haven't been using FBT/UBT anymore.

Why not consider paid VPN? There are a lot of people selling at PHP 100.00 per month in the other forum. I think sobrang sulit na yun. PHP 100.00 for 30 days...lumalabas na PHP 3.33 a day lang for good quality Internet, diba?Think about it. :)

yerfdes11289
2011-03-16, 12:37
sir topet alam mo ba kung pano magbackup ng fone na kapag nireflash ko yung phone ko at nirestore ko eh nakainstall na agad yung mga dati kong apps? wat i mean is hindi ko na ulit sya idodownload paisa isa..

topet2k12001
2011-03-16, 17:24
sir topet alam mo ba kung pano magbackup ng fone na kapag nireflash ko yung phone ko at nirestore ko eh nakainstall na agad yung mga dati kong apps? wat i mean is hindi ko na ulit sya idodownload paisa isa..

There's an app called Backup Menu, just search for it in this forum. :)

bebek_35
2011-03-17, 00:59
ask lang po kung pano gawin ung 9 homescreens.

bebek_35
2011-03-17, 23:24
9 home screens works great for me!

yerfdes11289
2011-03-18, 00:16
bebek pano mo ginawa yung 9 home screen?

xweirdow23
2011-03-18, 00:51
sir topet what drianing my battery fast??!!!!

bebek_35
2011-03-18, 01:20
bebek pano mo ginawa yung 9 home screen?

actually,kahit ako d ko rin alam kung panong nangyari, lol.... basta sinundan ko lang yung mga post on how to install 9 home screens. nabigla na lng ako nung magkaron ng 5 black screens when i swiped. and when i tapped it, biglang lumabas yung desktop menu, puro horizontal scrolling lang naman pero enjoy. now i can separate all my games in one desktop!

xweirdow23
2011-03-18, 04:16
ako im using the homedock bar to seperate icons it can be vertical or horizontal

kulas
2011-03-18, 06:54
guys ok ba ung HTC desire Z?

Garcel
2011-03-18, 07:02
actually,kahit ako d ko rin alam kung panong nangyari, lol.... basta sinundan ko lang yung mga post on how to install 9 home screens. nabigla na lng ako nung magkaron ng 5 black screens when i swiped. and when i tapped it, biglang lumabas yung desktop menu, puro horizontal scrolling lang naman pero enjoy. now i can separate all my games in one desktop!

Guys ingat kayo ha minsan kasi may bug na hnd mo na mapapalitan ang wallpapers mo. when you tap change background blanko na lahat.

Ang pinaka stable na 9 homescreen is ung sa CSSU. Ingat2x lang.

bebek_35
2011-03-18, 10:51
Guys ingat kayo ha minsan kasi may bug na hnd mo na mapapalitan ang wallpapers mo. when you tap change background blanko na lahat.

Ang pinaka stable na 9 homescreen is ung sa CSSU. Ingat2x lang.

installed ko ung CSSU dhl kelangan un to have 9 homescreen. i guess i followed the procedure correctly kung kaya nagawa ko ung 9 homescreens kaya confident ako na walang bug ang cp ko.:)

yerfdes11289
2011-03-18, 13:52
guys penge namn link dun sa wiki page ng CSSU

bebek_35
2011-03-18, 20:20
guys penge namn link dun sa wiki page ng CSSU

yerfdes, try this link: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU#Changelog
read mo na lang then install it. yan ung first step na ginawa ko before i make 9 home screens. hope it will help you. baka pede mo ko matulungan how to install nitdroid. i already have the installer pero sa second step, using x term; it says cd not found.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-19, 00:44
bek ito yung link.. nandito yung steps sa nitroid http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834

topet2k12001
2011-03-19, 15:25
bek ito yung link.. nandito yung steps sa nitroid http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834

Friends,

Actually I got the instructions from the forums here...also they already turned the instructions here into a Wiki Page so it will be easier for you to find.

What I simply did in the other forum was to upload a YouTube video tutorial/version of the written instructions. :)

adhiktuz
2011-03-19, 21:10
Hi, i am a new user of N900. just like to ask what is the first thing to do maximize the use of my N900. and is there really a white line on the LCD when it is in a white background. thanks guys.^_^

topet2k12001
2011-03-19, 23:58
Hi, i am a new user of N900. just like to ask what is the first thing to do maximize the use of my N900. and is there really a white line on the LCD when it is in a white background. thanks guys.^_^

Maximize the use? Hm, that's a bit broad of a question..."maximize" depends on a person's usage and needs. Anyway you may want to start here:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo5_101
http://nokiaexperts.com/tips-shortcuts-handy-tidbits-nokia-n900-user-guide/
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44309

If you ask me, for a fresh unit I would:

- Install NITDroid (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459&goto=newpost) and then Install the Bleeding-Edge wireless drivers (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69449) (you'd end up having a Nokia N900 that can do multi-booting)
- Download apps (you might want to try out Swappolube)
- Put music and games, or productivity apps
- Set up email and IM (I use my phone to check my corporate email - MS Exchange as well as chat on IM via Microsoft Office Communicator)
- Customize the phone to your delight :)
- Overclock your phone to give it a boost of speed (I have not yet done this yet)

jellogwapo
2011-03-20, 00:38
mga dudes and dudettes, pasali :) got mine last February lang, previous iphone user. sobrang convenient ng N900 for the 32gb built-in + memory card slot... without any itunes required to store media. :D

1. gviterbo
2. demannu
3. chase15
4. Sheepdog987
5. ocnsee6gurl
6. heybige
7. cloudstrife1ph
8. keinpry
9. merc248
10. s2kver02
11. NOKIAFAN
12. zaoltryence
13. Reggie
14. angelove
15. ROne21
16. m3-n900
17. wadedinasty23
18. gabby131
19. car_mo_na_po
20. bijoux
21. EE3547
22. JMacalinao
23. farianit0
24. romelk
25. ayos!
26. BongC36
27. pixel8
28. Pressure
29. topet2k12001
30. aldeen_nour
31. Rasta Mob
32. jellogwapo

Ask ko lang po, anyone here using the TV-out feature? pag ginagamit ko kasi sa lcd tv ko, sobrang labo ng display.. any way to fix this? :(

roms
2011-03-20, 00:55
hi guyz, just got a hold of my N900 last week and been familiarizing myself with it. former N95 user here and. hopefully i could hang here as often as i i could to get more apps and updates on my mini computer. i don't need to use my laptop at home in checking my office mails. thisis awesome.

yerfdes11289
2011-03-20, 01:40
sir topet gumagana na ba sms and call sa nitdroid?

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 01:51
sir topet gumagana na ba sms and call sa nitdroid?

Hi Friend,

I think I already mentioned that in the other forum. :)

SMS - you can receive but not send.
Voice Calls - is working (the service), but the hardware (earpiece/mouth piece) is not

xweirdow23
2011-03-20, 01:58
ok lang ba mag install ng nitriod hindi ba babagal yung phone?

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 02:22
ok lang ba mag install ng nitriod hindi ba babagal yung phone?

Hi Friend,

Nope it won't.

xweirdow23
2011-03-20, 02:29
sir topet pwede ka maka usap sa IM

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 02:32
sir topet pwede ka maka usap sa IM

Yup I'm online right now on my Nokia N900. :) My username here is the same as my IM username (Yahoo)

chivar
2011-03-20, 06:07
hmm question lang how do i mount a share on my pc para mag appear sa file manager ng n900 :D para accessible ko mga avis ko sa hd

xweirdow23
2011-03-20, 07:42
Sir Topet what should i install the

NITDroid 0.0.9 or Gingerbread

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 07:42
hmm question lang how do i mount a share on my pc para mag appear sa file manager ng n900 :D para accessible ko mga avis ko sa hd

Hi friend,

How do you exactly want to have ths to be set up? Kasi i have router at home and I can automatically see my connected computers in my network whenever I connect my N900 wirelessly and open the File Manager.

xweirdow23
2011-03-20, 08:03
pareho ba kailangan isntall?

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 09:55
Sir Topet what should i install the

NITDroid 0.0.9 or Gingerbread

pareho ba kailangan isntall?

Hi Friend,

You may install either of them. The 0.0.9 is Android 2.2 (FroYo = Frozen Yogurt) and the other one is Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). :)

If you ask me, I tried both of them but I decided to use 2.2 (0.0.9) because I feel that it is the more stable one.

xweirdow23
2011-03-20, 11:36
having problem here

~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# cd /home/user/MyDocs
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs# bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2
bzip2: Can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: No such file or directory.
Nokia-N900:/home/user/MyDocs#

cant continue

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 11:40
having problem here

cant continue

Friend, have you installed the following to your phone before starting everything?

bzip2 <- if you install FileBox, bzip2 will be included
wget
rootsh <- application manager
leafpad <- application manager

Also ensure that you have enabled all your repositories (extras, extras-devel, and of course the official repositories).

Finally: where is your installer located? If you brose it in File Manager, how do you navigate to that file (i.e. what exact location)?

chivar
2011-03-20, 11:43
Hi friend,

How do you exactly want to have ths to be set up? Kasi i have router at home and I can automatically see my connected computers in my network whenever I connect my N900 wirelessly and open the File Manager.

nakanetwork naman ako dito sa haus gusto ko lang yun shares ko sa pc magappear sa file manager ng n900 since i have some shared folders sa pc like yun hd ko na mga torrents

xweirdow23
2011-03-20, 11:50
wget ang wala teka try ko ulit

yerfdes11289
2011-03-20, 15:25
Hi Friend,

I think I already mentioned that in the other forum. :)

SMS - you can receive but not send.
Voice Calls - is working (the service), but the hardware (earpiece/mouth piece) is not

opo sir nasagot nyo na. nagbakasakali lang po ako na may update na sa nitdroid

topet2k12001
2011-03-20, 15:30
opo sir nasagot nyo na. nagbakasakali lang po ako na may update na sa nitdroid

Wala pa eh. :)

riceboy
2011-03-20, 16:17
hi guys! balita dito?

adhiktuz
2011-03-21, 06:40
@topet
sir topet. binasa ko na po yung threads na pinapatingin mo sakin. ask ko lang po lahat po ba ng pinapainstall mo sakin nasa application manager lang ba lahat? i`m a former android user. kaya po naguguluhan ako. ang gusto ko po kasi maoptimize yung phone. like changing the size of the internal memory from 2 gig to 4 or 8 gig, prolong the battery. but the problem is i don't know where to start. ^_^ hehehe

topet2k12001
2011-03-21, 13:30
@topet
sir topet. binasa ko na po yung threads na pinapatingin mo sakin. ask ko lang po lahat po ba ng pinapainstall mo sakin nasa application manager lang ba lahat? i`m a former android user. kaya po naguguluhan ako. ang gusto ko po kasi maoptimize yung phone. like changing the size of the internal memory from 2 gig to 4 or 8 gig, prolong the battery. but the problem is i don't know where to start. ^_^ hehehe

Hi Friend,

No, you're not required to install them all. :) I guess the best way to approach this so that we can help is to state what you want to achieve, and we'll guide you on your requirements.

adhiktuz
2011-03-21, 16:53
Hi Friend,

No, you're not required to install them all. I guess the best way to approach this so that we can help is to state what you want to achieve, and we'll guide you on your requirements.

i like you're idea. hehehe to tell you the truth i really don't know what to do yet. hehehehe i was hoping you can lead me or suggest ideas on what i can do with my N900. as of now what i want is to make the battery last longer and to make the internal memory from 2 gig to 4 or 8 gig.

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 00:38
i like you're idea. hehehe to tell you the truth i really don't know what to do yet. hehehehe i was hoping you can lead me or suggest ideas on what i can do with my N900. as of now what i want is to make the battery last longer and to make the internal memory from 2 gig to 4 or 8 gig.

Okay, then we can start from there/ :)

To change the internal memory from 2GB to a larger one, you may want to read on the wiki for manually repartitioning the Internal Memory (the Flash) (http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash). It requires some time and reading for you to understand.

Or if you want a "somehow" automated way of achieving this, you may want to visit the wiki about NITDroid installation (http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC). Throughout the wiki tutorial, there is a specific step where you can re-flash your phone with an already-customized eMMC (Internal Memory) image that is already configured to either have 5GB or 8GB partition. You don't need to follow all the instructions there, just go to this part (http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Custom_EMMC.27s) of the tutorial if you only want to change the size of your "Home" partition without having to install NITDroid.

For improving the battery life...this is my opinion: I have read quite a number of threads about this here in talk.maemo.org (you can simply use the search field). There are apps that will let you switch to 2G mode automatically, or apps that will automatically disconnect you from wi-fi,etc. These are things that will automate tasks of conserving power, but the bottomline is that it will really depend on you. There's really no software/app that will extend the battery life of the N900, it's more on disabling those things that you don't need at the moment.

Tip: if you know that you really won't receive an MMS for an extended period of time and would just focus on voice calling, you might want to keep your phone at 2G mode (GSM) instead of 3G (HSDPA/GPRS). There's an app from the Application Manager that installs that kind of "switch".

xweirdow23
2011-03-22, 02:53
W: Conflicting distribution: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.3 Release (expected fremantle-1.3 but got )
W: Conflicting distribution: http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.3 Release (expected fremantle-1.3 but got )
W: GPG error: http://moff.mozilla.com fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
Nokia-N900:~#

pano maayos to?! pa help naman

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 03:33
pano maayos to?! pa help naman

Hi Friend,

Please read through this and ensure that you typed the repository correctly. :)

http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing
http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-devel

Also in Terminal please try to enter the command: apt-get update.

xweirdow23
2011-03-22, 04:10
got new error

W: GPG error: http://moff.mozilla.com fremantle Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 667387BFFF445C24
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.3/free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_free_binary-armel_Packages)
W: Duplicate sources.list entry http://repository.maemo.org fremantle-1.3/non-free Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras_dists_fremantle-1.3_non-free_binary-armel_Packages)
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
Nokia-N900:~#

xweirdow23
2011-03-22, 04:19
never mind its ok now thanks for the help

iinstall ko kasi yung nitdroid ulit hehehehe

adhiktuz
2011-03-22, 04:24
@topet
thanks sir i'll try your ideas on how to make a partition. i am just currently using 2g now my battery last for about 1 day and a half.

sir topet i read the links you gave me. the truth is im confused on what i should do. i downloaded the 8 gig partition here http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Custom_EMMC.27s now my problem is how do i flash this on my phone. hehehehe im really sorry for causing you trouble.:)

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 05:34
@topet
thanks sir i'll try your ideas on how to make a partition. i am just currently using 2g now my battery last for about 1 day and a half.

sir topet i read the links you gave me. the truth is im confused on what i should do. i downloaded the 8 gig partition here http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC#Custom_EMMC.27s now my problem is how do i flash this on my phone. hehehehe im really sorry for causing you trouble.:)

Hi Friend,

Basically you will follow the regular flashing procedure (http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware), but you will replace the filename in the commands with the filename of the custom image that you want to flash your phone with...and make sure that the custom image file is saved in C:/Program Files/maemo/flasher-3.5, otherwise the command will give you a "cannot be found" error or something like that.

I have a thread in a Filipino forum where I uploaded video versions of tutorials that are written here in talk.maemo.org (for those who find it easier to follow a video than a written tutorial). Here it is: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834. It has both written and video tutorials, by the way.

EDIT: Just wanted to remind that when you flash your phone, all data may be wiped out so back up everything important (save them in your PC or something) before doing this.

adhiktuz
2011-03-22, 09:53
@topet
so sir i just to have the nokia update software? and put the downloaded file on that path? am i right sir?
sir how can i make a back up of my apps and all the things inside the phone. btw i don't have memory card sir. tnx sir

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 09:58
@topet
so sir i just to have the nokia update software? and put the downloaded file on that path? am i right sir?
sir how can i make a back up of my apps and all the things inside the phone. btw i don't have memory card sir. tnx sir

Hi Friend,

Nokia Software Update? You mean you are planning to "re-flash" your phone using the application in your computer (the Nokia Software Updater)?

Have you read the link that I asked you to visit? The one from another forum? The instructions are there and it does not involve using the Nokia Software Updater. :)

For backing up...what I usually do is I would just re-install all my apps later on (assuming all of the apps that I installed are the same ones I downloaded/installed from the Application Manager). For files such as documents, music, videos, pictures, etc. you can just attach your N900 to your computer (Mass Storage Mode) and copy-paste them to your computer.

adhiktuz
2011-03-22, 10:26
oh? i have to download them again. shoot. hehehe sorry didn't read the thread first im downloading the files needed for the flash. hehehe am i right in what im downloading for maemo i downloaded the global and for the eMMC i downloaded the 10.2010.13 am i right?

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 10:29
oh? i have to download them again. shoot. hehehe sorry didn't read the thread first im downloading the files needed for the flash. hehehe am i right in what im downloading for maemo i downloaded the global and for the eMMC i downloaded the 10.2010.13 am i right?

Hi Friend,

Just follow the instructions or the pictures that you see here: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834.

So the tutorial has been categorized in different parts:

1. Preparation (http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=4806489&postcount=2) - talks about where to download the files you need and how to install the flasher application.
2. Flashing the Root File System (rootfs) (http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=4806551&postcount=3) - you will follow exactly what is written here, step by step.
3. Flashing the eMMC (the internal storage of the N900) (http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=4806674&postcount=4) - you will follow exactly what is written here, except that you will use the custom image that you downloaded from fayad, because that one is already customized to have either a 5GB or 8GB "home" partition. In other words, you will use the one you downloaded from fayad instead of the one you have downloaded from the "tablets-nokia" (http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php) website.
4. Flashing the Root File System (rootfs) again with "-R" (restart) parameter (http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=4806699&postcount=5) - you will follow exactly what is written here, step by step.

The tutorial in that link I gave you even has YouTube videos so that you can visualize what is actually happening real-time...just compare the video with what you are doing/seeing on your computer to ensure that you are on the right track. Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1zvRjL-2cM

NOTES:

1. You have to register to that forum site so that you can see the embedded pictures/screenshots.
2. Since your objective is to flash your phone using a customized eMMC image, you can't do the steps for updating the firmware via the Nokia Software Updater because that method is for flashing the phone only with the official firmware.

adhiktuz
2011-03-22, 10:46
Hi Friend,

Just follow the instructions or the pictures that you see here: http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834.

ahm i have another question sir. in step 2 you used your eMMC in your tutorial how about the eMMC that has 8gig internal?

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 10:49
DISCLAIMER: I did not invent these steps. I merely followed the instructions at the official Wiki guide of Maemo 5 located here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware. However, there are no pictures or illustrations in this wiki so I think there will be new users who may get confused, especially if they are new to Linux. So I decided to post the instructions that I followed but this time it has screenshots to help you better.

PREPARATION:
Download the Flasher first: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php. If you're using a Debian-based Linux distro (such as Ubuntu), download the one with the .deb extension. For all other Linux distros that are not Debian-based (such as Fedora) you need to download the one with the .tar.gz extension. If you're using Windows, download the .exe file.

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256318&d=1293860374

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256319&d=1293860520

Download the firmware for your device: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php. You need to download 2 files:

1. Firmware for the Operating System
2. Firmware for the eMMC (32GB internal storage/memory card)

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256320&d=1293860785

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256321&d=1293860785

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256323&d=1293860893

Install the Flasher by opening Terminal (it's like the Command Prompt in Microsoft Windows) and typing the following, or copy-paste it. You will replace <flasher-package-name> with the actual file name of the Flasher application.

For Debian-based Linux OS (like Ubuntu) wher e you downloaded the .deb file:

sudo dpkg -i <flasher-package-name>

If you're using a 64-bit system for Linux, type this:

sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture <flasher-package-name>

For non Debian-based Linux OS (like Fedora)where you downloaded the .tar.gz file, extract the contents of the .tar.gz file into your desired folder/directory.

For Windows: the installer is in the form of an .exe file. Just run the file by double-clicking or right-click with the mouse and choose "Open".

NEXT: Actual steps for flashing the Nokia N900

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 10:50
ahm i have another question sir. in step 2 you used your eMMC in your tutorial how about the eMMC that has 8gig internal?

Please check my previous post again, I have edited it to give specific instructions. Basically the same, but you need to change the file name to the one that you want to flash (the filename of the custom image).

For example:

1. Let's say that the filename of the original eMMC image in the original tutorial is "orig_eMMC.bin"
2. Let's say that the filename of the custom eMMC image (the one that gives you the 8GB home partition) is "custom_8GB.bin"

So in the theoretical example given above, your command should look like this:

1. If flashing using the original eMMC image, the command should be:

flasher-3.5.exe -F orig_eMMC.bin -f

1. If flashing using the custom eMMC image, the command should be:

flasher-3.5.exe -F custom_8GB.bin -f

REMINDER: make sure that the actual file (the custom image) is saved in C:/Program Files/maemo/flasher-3.5 (if using Windows).

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 11:09
As discussed during the "Preparation" phase, the following are the key steps in flashing the Nokia N900:

Step 1: Flash the Operating System (rootfs) first
Step 2: Flash the eMMC (the 32GB internal storage)
Step 3: Flash the Operating System again (VERY IMPORTANT)

In this post, we will focus on Step 1. We are going to flash the Operating System first. During this step, the firmware file that we need is the one that has the word "COMBINED" in the file name. DO NOT USE THE FILE THAT HAS THE WORD "VANILLA" OR "EMMC" ON IT. That file is for Step 2.

Open Terminal in Linux (for Windows, run the Command Line or "cmd"). Go to the directory where you have saved the firmware files. Here is an example. Since I saved my firmware files in my "Downloads" folder, I would type this from the Terminal and then press Enter:

cd Downloads

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256336&d=1293862093

Windows: For Windows you just have to run the Flasher.exe and the Command Prompt will already open. For Windows also, make sure to move or copy/paste your firmware files in the same location where you have installed the Flasher Application (usually it's at c:\Program Files\Maemo\Flasher-3.5 so you may need to copy-paste the firmware files here).

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256675&d=1293904205

Next is to run the Flasher application. Type or copy-paste this command.

For Debian-based Linux OS (like Ubuntu), type or copy-paste this and then press Enter:

sudo flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f

...where <firmware-image> is the filename of the image file.

For non Debian-based (like Fedora), type or copy-paste this and then press Enter:

sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f

For Windows, type or copy-paste this and then press Enter:

flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> -f

...where <firmware-image> is the filename of the image file. So if the filename of the image file is "RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin", then the command will look like this:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

Linux:

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256337&d=1293862093

Windows:

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256671&d=1293903907

Terminal (for Linux) or DOS/Command Prompt (for Windows) will show you a lot of outputs and will say something like this at the end:

Suitable USB device not found, waiting

Here is an example.

Linux

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256338&d=1293862093

Windows

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256672&d=1293903907

Now, it's time to attach your Nokia N900 to your computer via USB.

1. Turn off the phone first.
2. Make sure to press and hold the "U" key on your phone's keyboard.
3. While pressing and holding the "U" key, attach the N900 to your PC via USB.
4. Wait until you see a dim screen on your N900 with a Nokia logo in the middle of your screen with an USB icon in the top right corner, and once you see the USB icon you may now release the "U" key.

The Flasher application will automatically start flashing your phone. You're done with Step 1. IMPORTANT: DO NOT RESET OR RESTART THE PHONE YET! ALSO DO NOT REMOVE THE USB CABLE YET; WE STILL HAVE TO DO STEP 2.

Linux

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256339&d=1293862093

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256340&d=1293862093

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256347&d=1293862671

Windows

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256674&d=1293903907

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 11:17
In Step 1, we already flashed the Operating System. Next is to flash the 32GB internal storage (also called the eMMC). NOTE: All your files will be deleted (pictures, documents, music, etc. Make sure to back them up first!

Go to the directory where your firmware file is located. We will use the firmware file that has the word "VANILLA" or "EMMC". DO NOT USE THE FILE THAT HAS THE WORD "COMBINED". THAT FILE IS USED IN STEPS 1 AND 3.

For Windows: assuming you have already copied your firmware files to the same location of the Flasher as per Step 1, you don't have to do anything. Proceed with the next steps below.

Type or copy-paste this command and hit Enter. In the examples below, I already typed the actual name of the firmware file, which is the latest one. If you want to use an older one, please replace the file name.

For Debian-based Linux (like Ubuntu):

sudo flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f

...where <firmware-image> is the filename of the eMMC image. So for example, if the filename of your eMMC image is "RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin" then the command should look like this:

sudo flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

For other Linux OS (like Fedora):

sudo ./flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256351&d=1293863453

The next screen will look like this:

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256352&d=1293863453

For Windows:

flasher-3.5.exe -F <firmware-image> -f

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256677&d=1293904478

This is how it should look like once it's done flashing the eMMC image:

Linux:

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256353&d=1293863453

Windows:

http://www.symbianize.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=256678&d=1293904478

We're done with Step 2. NOTE: DO NOT REBOOT/RESTART IT YET! WE STILL NEED TO DO STEP 3.

topet2k12001
2011-03-22, 11:19
This is the last step in flashing the firmware of your Nokia N900. Step 3 is just the same as Step 1, but at the end of the command you will have to type a space, and then:

-R

at the end (-R means Reboot). We will use the firmware file that has the word "COMBINED" on it. DO NOT USE THE FIRMWARE FILE THAT HAS THE WORD "VANILLA" OR "EMMC" ON IT. THAT FILE IS FOR STEP 2.

TIP: Just follow the exact procedure in Step 1. The only difference here is that we will add "-R" to the command (meaning Reboot/Restart).

xweirdow23
2011-03-22, 13:40
kaya mo yan sir topet

adhiktuz
2011-03-23, 12:34
sir topet i can't run the .exe file for flashing do you have any idea why? sorry sir if i have so many questions hope you can bare with me.^_^

xweirdow23
2011-03-23, 13:41
maybe you download is broken

topet2k12001
2011-03-23, 13:54
sir topet i can't run the .exe file for flashing do you have any idea why? sorry sir if i have so many questions hope you can bare with me.^_^

Hi Friend,

No problem. Can you post a screenshot? Also...what steps are you doing to run the flasher? Please let me know which one of the two:

1. Start->Run->cmd?
2. Start->All Programs->Maemo->Maemo Flasher 3.5?

It should be #2. :)

adhiktuz
2011-03-23, 13:58
sir topet thanks. ok na po. napagana ko na. tnx. hope this works.^_^

topet2k12001
2011-03-23, 14:00
sir topet thanks. ok na po. napagana ko na. tnx. hope this works.^_^

Okay, best of luck!

adhiktuz
2011-03-23, 14:19
sir topet matagal po ba talga bago maread ulet yung step 2? ginagawa ko na po kasi yung pagflash ng 8gig na internal. ngayon po ang nakalagay lang sa cmd "Suitable USB device not found, waiting." matagal po ba talaga yun bago maread as flash mode?

topet2k12001
2011-03-23, 14:24
sir topet matagal po ba talga bago maread ulet yung step 2? ginagawa ko na po kasi yung pagflash ng 8gig na internal. ngayon po ang nakalagay lang sa cmd "Suitable USB device not found, waiting." matagal po ba talaga yun bago maread as flash mode?

Hi Friend,

What you should have done is to press and hold the "U" (letter U) button on your phone's physical keyboard, before pressing Enter on the command for Step 2.

Anyway, is the phone still connected to the USB? If so...just remove the USB, press and hold the "U" key, and insert the USB again (don't release the "U" key...you should still be pressing it). The flasher should then detect the phone.

adhiktuz
2011-03-23, 14:27
sir topet stuck up nalang po yung screen ko sa mga dots. ayaw na maread sa flash mode. did i break my phone??^_^

topet2k12001
2011-03-23, 14:28
sir topet stuck up nalang po yung screen ko sa mga dots. ayaw na maread sa flash mode. did i break my phone??^_^

Nope. :) I've committed similar errors before and the phone did not break.

Can you give me a screenshot? Or do you have IM (e.g. Yahoo Messenger)? My username is topet2k12001.

Try this:

1. Disconnect the phone from the USB
2. Press and hold the "U" key on your N900 keyboard
3. Attach the USB adapter. You should see a USB logo at the top-right of your N900's screen
4. The flasher should automatically continue after a few seconds. DO NOT RELEASE THE "U" KEY UNTIL YOU SEE THE FLASHER CONTINUE.

If not...

4. While holding the "U" key, enter the Step 2 command again (just press the up arrow on your computer's keyboard; the command line stores a history of previous commands that you have typed). Keep on holding the "U" key, and press Enter on your computer's keyboard.

adhiktuz
2011-03-23, 14:54
sir topet please add me up. i tried all that but still nothing works. now i took off the battery and started on step 1 again.T-T

xweirdow23
2011-03-24, 00:26
adhiktuz ok na phone mo?!

xweirdow23
2011-03-25, 14:47
ok i delete it can you delete yours :)

topet2k12001
2011-03-25, 16:44
ok i delete it can you delete yours :)

Done deleting. :)

adhiktuz
2011-03-28, 09:09
sir topet. got a question. baket po nung tinry ko yung mirror na application ang panget ng cam ko sa unahan tapos nung tinry ko yung skype na video call ang dilim and laggy po. bket po kaya ganon? sabi kasi sa mirror app image quality is based on phones firmware or your hardwares firmware.

xweirdow23
2011-03-28, 09:35
ano yang mirror na yan

topet2k12001
2011-03-28, 13:39
sir topet. got a question. baket po nung tinry ko yung mirror na application ang panget ng cam ko sa unahan tapos nung tinry ko yung skype na video call ang dilim and laggy po. bket po kaya ganon? sabi kasi sa mirror app .

In general, front cameras (the hardware itself) have less quality compared to the cameras at the back of phones so it's really like that; nothing much we can do about it. :)

topet2k12001
2011-03-28, 13:40
ano yang mirror na yan

It's an application that makes the front camera function so that you can see yourself on the phone screen - so it acts like a mirror. :)

adhiktuz
2011-03-29, 06:14
sir topet. natry mo na po ba yung CSSU and Power Kernel? must have po ba yun sa unit natin?

topet2k12001
2011-03-30, 06:34
sir topet. natry mo na po ba yung CSSU and Power Kernel? must have po ba yun sa unit natin?

Yes I tried it on my other N900. It is a "nice-to-have" but not really a "must-have".

adhiktuz
2011-03-30, 07:09
Yes I tried it on my other N900. It is a "nice-to-have" but not really a "must-have".

ah ok. tumatagal naman po ba yung batt life using those 2 sir? or any suggestions po kung pano mapatagal batt life ng n900?

Garcel
2011-03-30, 20:58
ah ok. tumatagal naman po ba yung batt life using those 2 sir? or any suggestions po kung pano mapatagal batt life ng n900?

install wifi switcher. This will turn off the wifi from scanning which drains a lot of battery life.

install auto disconnect. Will automatically disconnect any connections.

install the 2g/3g switcher. Some area doesn't have 3g connection so it will try to search 3g which it will drain battery. So it will save more battery life when its in 2g.

topet2k12001
2011-03-31, 02:20

Friend,

I don't think any application is designed to help prolong the battery life of a device. There are applications which help you save battery but by themselves, they don't really save battery. In short, these are just applications that automate stuff that you need to do to save battery life (such as Wifi Switcher, Brightness App, etc.).

By the way, I noticed you've been asking this question from the start as well as in other forums...you need to understand that the N900 is a Mobile Internet Device (a tablet) with phone features...it is not just a smart phone but instead it is like a mobile computer (like a netbook/notebook). With this, you need to set the expectation that the battery life of the N900 is not like the regular smart phones (which last at an average of 3-4 days with normal use).

On regular to strong usage, the N900's battery consumption will give you somewhere between 4-6 hours max and that's it. :) On minimal usage it can extend to probably 12 hours or so. Instead of comparing it to smart phones and thereby feel disappointed, why don't you compare it with regular laptops (notebook/netbook) or similar devices? (the N900 is a tablet anyway) Laptops using regular batteries last for only 2-4 hours or 6-8 hours using extended batteries. The N900 lasts for 4-6 (strong usage). :)

If you really need that much of "battery life", then the best suggestion for your situation is to either buy an extra battery or always bring a charger.

chivar
2011-04-02, 22:14
http://pininthemap.com/maemo

gabby131
2011-04-03, 02:15
nowadays, what we call phones are not just only phones, there are so many features that we can make more than just call or send SMS that contributes to additional battery drain. If you have had a Nokia 3310 (who didnt?), i can say that mine lasts over 4 days normal, and 2 days with playing snake and space impact 2. but with phones today, more games, features and stuff......that you're not realizing using its non-telephony functions more.

xweirdow23
2011-04-03, 06:26
ako i understand why my battery drainn fast using alot of apps that drain battery

pero sabi nga nila nokia n900 is not just smartphone its computer

ako nga naka OC pa before i use 1.1ghz that drian my battery fast i even use all the 4 windows kaya ang bilis sobrang ma drain now i OC in 900z na lang battery last long now battery drain

bewrong
2011-04-04, 05:38
gusto ko lang magrant sa phone na ito dahil mga me ari lang din ng n900 ang makakaintindi:

wala talgang kwenta tong phone na ito. halos sang taon ko ng ginagmit at pinagsisisihan ko kung bakit ko binenta iphone 2g ko para lang makabili ng 27k nung unang labas, ngaun 2nd hand eh 10k n lang, napakabagal ng browser, nacorrupt n ilang beses ang conversations ko, naghahang at madalas kahit sariling recorded video eh unsupported daw. iniwanan pa ng nokia ang maemo. battery eh, pag dating ko bahay dapat magcharge, pagdating ng office kelngan ulit. sising sisi ako dito.

hinde porket ang daming apps eh rason para mubos ang battery kagad. nagcraxrash pa madalas ang mga application. hayyy

xweirdow23
2011-04-04, 05:44
gusto ko lang magrant sa phone na ito dahil mga me ari lang din ng n900 ang makakaintindi:

wala talgang kwenta tong phone na ito. halos sang taon ko ng ginagmit at pinagsisisihan ko kung bakit ko binenta iphone 2g ko para lang makabili ng 27k nung unang labas, ngaun 2nd hand eh 10k n lang, napakabagal ng browser, nacorrupt n ilang beses ang conversations ko, naghahang at madalas kahit sariling recorded video eh unsupported daw. iniwanan pa ng nokia ang maemo. battery eh, pag dating ko bahay dapat magcharge, pagdating ng office kelngan ulit. sising sisi ako dito.

hinde porket ang daming apps eh rason para mubos ang battery kagad. nagcraxrash pa madalas ang mga application. hayyy

sir sorry to hear that pero sakin nabasa dito sa forum na eto ikaw pa lang ang nag sisi ng grabe sa phone na to

na try mo bang fix yung mga problema kung bakit ganon

sakin eto na ang phone na pinaka madaling ayusin kasi pwede mong flash pag nasira kuing babasahin mo yung post ni sir Topet2k12001 maiinitindihan mo kung bakit mabilis mag lowbat

bewrong
2011-04-04, 05:55
sir sorry to hear that pero sakin nabasa dito sa forum na eto ikaw pa lang ang nag sisi ng grabe sa phone na to

na try mo bang fix yung mga problema kung bakit ganon

sakin eto na ang phone na pinaka madaling ayusin kasi pwede mong flash pag nasira kuing babasahin mo yung post ni sir Topet2k12001 maiinitindihan mo kung bakit mabilis mag lowbat

pasensya na pero gusto ko lang talga umangal. me mga kakilala kong me n900 din though gamit nila sa phone na ito eh talk n text lang, kung baga eh nababaliwalang kwenta yung phone sa opinyon ko lang, kahit tatay ko gumaya n900 din at madalas kahit pag me nawalang shortcut o widget eh sakin lagi tatakbo :p

gusto ko to dahil sa multitasking, though madalas napakabagal ng phone lalo na pag me browser na nakabukas. yung sa conversations na biglang masisira napakasakit nun. maraming pwedeng gawin at lang kalikut na ginawa ko dito pero sa totoo lang mas marami pang sakit ng ulo at madalas napapahiya pa ko kahit magopen lang ng video o picture ang tagal.

ayos!
2011-04-04, 06:16
^^ sensya pero baka may problema siguro yang unit na nabili mo. yung sa kin, binili ko nung ilang linggo lang na kalalabas nung phone pero hanggang ngayon solid pa rin. pili mga apps na iniinstall ko. majority browsing ko siya ginagamit tsaka picture. hanggang ngayon di ko pa nararanasan na mag-hang/crash yung phone na minsan kelangan pa tanggalin battery para lang gumana ulit

jonchew
2011-04-04, 08:50
pasensya na pero gusto ko lang talga umangal. me mga kakilala kong me n900 din though gamit nila sa phone na ito eh talk n text lang, kung baga eh nababaliwalang kwenta yung phone sa opinyon ko lang, kahit tatay ko gumaya n900 din at madalas kahit pag me nawalang shortcut o widget eh sakin lagi tatakbo :p

gusto ko to dahil sa multitasking, though madalas napakabagal ng phone lalo na pag me browser na nakabukas. yung sa conversations na biglang masisira napakasakit nun. maraming pwedeng gawin at lang kalikut na ginawa ko dito pero sa totoo lang mas marami pang sakit ng ulo at madalas napapahiya pa ko kahit magopen lang ng video o picture ang tagal.

Try reflashing your N900. It might be the solution to your prob. Also, you can try overclocking after you reflash. Just search for jakiman's overclocking guide in the power search link.

xweirdow23
2011-04-07, 01:42
dami thread dito kung pano mapabilis phone mo

bebek_35
2011-04-14, 21:32
though it sounds stupid,ask ko lng po magkaiba po ba ung flashing at restore factory settings? am trying to re-flash my phone a month ago using windows 7 but it doesn't work. gusto ko kase mag-repartition and install na rin ng nitdroid at meego.

bebek_35
2011-04-15, 10:48
pa-help po how to update maemo 5 CSSU package. i'm trying to update CSSU using application manager but it says i have to connect to a nokia PC Suite and click the icon. try ko po i- connect sa nokia PC Suite pero d ko namn po makita ung CSSU icon. please help!

topet2k12001
2011-04-16, 19:40
pa-help po how to update maemo 5 CSSU package. i'm trying to update CSSU using application manager but it says i have to connect to a nokia PC Suite and click the icon. try ko po i- connect sa nokia PC Suite pero d ko namn po makita ung CSSU icon. please help!

Friend,

You may want to read up on this article: http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU

topet2k12001
2011-04-16, 19:42

Do you have plans on selling it? :)

Garcel
2011-04-16, 19:49
@Sir Topet.

Grabe Sir ah. 4. Including with your wife's. :)

topet2k12001
2011-04-16, 19:55
@Sir Topet.

Grabe Sir ah. 4. Including with your wife's. :)

Sayang eh, lolz...

riceboy
2011-04-17, 02:04

i kind of agree on that, i read up on the CSSU and i think its too much work for an average N900 user, hehe i might skip on getting it on my phone. looks promising though!

I'm not even using NITDroid anymore, i just break it out when my friends ask me about it and when we talk about android stuff haha

bebek_35
2011-04-17, 06:14
sir topet,ok na po. thanks for reply. na-update ko na po sya. bale repartitioning at installing nitdroid na lang ang di ko pa rin nagagawa til now. i guess, i need some time to read the tutorial very well.:) maraming salamat po ulit.

riceboy
2011-04-22, 20:38
hey all! this thread has been silent for awhile. hope you're all still using the RX51 :D

topet2k12001
2011-04-22, 20:42
Still using it and loving it. :) We have a thread over at another forum site (Filipino-based) (http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834), you might want to take a quick look. :)

riceboy
2011-04-22, 20:46
hahah same here. even if i get an android, i would still keep using this. oh im on that site to. i thought the thread there wasn't that active. i will check it out

nayr
2011-04-28, 04:04
i think i will stay on this phone 2-3 years from now , i am very picky on my phone suit my needs the only disadvantage is the battery life heheh

topet2k12001
2011-04-28, 18:52
i think i will stay on this phone 2-3 years from now , i am very picky on my phone suit my needs the only disadvantage is the battery life heheh

Right. :) I bought 2 units of N900. :D

yayafams
2011-04-30, 02:31
guys help naman. bakit d ako mka flash sa n900 ko?i folowed da steps pero ang lumalabas sa flasher ko:

c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MRO_ARM.bin -f -R

flasher v.2.5.2 (Sep 24 2009)

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MRO_ARM.bin: %m

whats wrong with it? tnx

topet2k12001
2011-04-30, 15:39
guys help naman. bakit d ako mka flash sa n900 ko?i folowed da steps pero ang lumalabas sa flasher ko:

c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MRO_ARM.bin -f -R

flasher v.2.5.2 (Sep 24 2009)

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MRO_ARM.bin: %m

whats wrong with it? tnx

Friend,

You may want to visit this Filipino Forum Site (linking specifically to the N900 thread) (http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=321834). There's a written and video tutorial for flashing your N900.

Radicalz38
2011-04-30, 15:46
@topet2k12001
Aba dumami na pala posters dun sa thread mo sa symb haha tanda ko dati 3 lang yata yung tao sa n900 thread lol ikaw sina onat kipz blitzlee06 at ako lang dati tao dun kaya napalipat ako tambayan dito haha Hmmm mapadaan nga ulit sa symbianize kapag nagkaoras

topet2k12001
2011-04-30, 15:59
@topet2k12001
Aba dumami na pala posters dun sa thread mo sa symb haha tanda ko dati 3 lang yata yung tao sa n900 thread lol ikaw sina onat kipz blitzlee06 at ako lang dati tao dun kaya napalipat ako tambayan dito haha Hmmm mapadaan nga ulit sa symbianize kapag nagkaoras

At this point, there's a lot going on there. :) All tutorials are linked to Page 1 of that thread (first post).

bebek_35
2011-05-01, 00:27
help please!!!!! 4 days ago,using faster application manager; i upgraded some of the applications including EVOPEDIA. after upgrading,i found out that evopedia's icon is missing. does anyone here experience the same kind of problem? i need some help here!

crei
2011-05-01, 17:58
Don't panic. It will be fixed today or tomorrow. If you want to start evopedia, open a terminal and type "evopedia".

bebek_35
2011-05-18, 10:43
please help!!!!!!!!!!!! am trying to install some application using fapman but unfortunately,it says: "ERROR YOUR SYSTEM HAS PARTIALLY INSTALLED OR BROKEN PACKAGES. YOU'LL HAVE TO FIX THIS MANUALLY. TRY dpkg --configure -a".

Hurrian
2011-05-18, 12:01
bebek, buksan mo ang XTerminal, tapos "root" at "dpkg --configure -a". Nag-crash ba siya while installing apps?

Kailangan mo ng rootsh by the way.

bebek_35
2011-05-18, 21:49
bebek, buksan mo ang XTerminal, tapos "root" at "dpkg --configure -a". Nag-crash ba siya while installing apps?

Kailangan mo ng rootsh by the way.

hanks for d reply hurrian.. i will try it....

Xagoln
2011-05-19, 02:25
Hi Philippines N900 crew!
Would there be any interest in helping translate some Maemo apps for your country?

kent_autistic
2011-05-19, 03:01
Hi Philippines N900 crew!
Would there be any interest in helping translate some Maemo apps for your country?

sure! what sort of apps?

Xagoln
2011-05-19, 03:22
Well, I'm trying to drum up support in the Development forum:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73192

There could be a range, but it depends how many Devs are interested!

vetsin
2011-05-19, 18:22
sir topet, i hope you get to check this thread. symbianize is currently down. hehe am i right in assuming its your birthday? :)

did you get to read my clarification on REBOOT?
REBOOTing adds 2 to the counter but when i SWITCH OFF and then turn on the device, the counter goes back to zero.

edit: just checked your profile, it's not your birthday. hehe :p

topet2k12001
2011-05-19, 18:39
sir topet, i hope you get to check this thread. symbianize is currently down. hehe am i right in assuming its your birthday? :)

did you get to read my clarification on REBOOT?
REBOOTing adds 2 to the counter but when i SWITCH OFF and then turn on the device, the counter goes back to zero.

edit: just checked your profile, it's not your birthday. hehe :p

Hi Friend,

Yeah it's down...I saw you sent me a PM but by the time I was about to check it was already down.

Yup I was able to read your clarification on the Reboot button. It was also mentioned that when the device reaches a certain count of reboots it will be bricked...I guess what makes me wonder now is: how will the device know how many times it has rebooted using the Reboot button, if the counter keeps on resetting to zero? :D

No it's not my birthday today, lolz...my birthday is in November.

topet2k12001
2011-05-19, 18:42
Well, I'm trying to drum up support in the Development forum:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73192

There could be a range, but it depends how many Devs are interested!

Friend,

You mean you want some apps to be translated in our local language (Filipino/Tagalog)? Count me in. :)

However, just to level set expectations...at this time and age, the Philippines is generally a bi-lingual country (English and our local language of Filipino/Tagalog). Heck I don't even think that a lot of Filipinos nowadays know how to speak purely in Filipino/Tagalog for an hour or two (unless you're a politician giving a speech). But in any case if you still want to push for it, you have my support.

topet2k12001
2011-05-19, 18:50
Symbianize seems to be okay now.

vetsin
2011-05-19, 18:50
sir, symbianize is already up. hehe i also followed Xagoln's link to see if i could help but i didn't understand what they where talking about. hehe

in my case sir i find it hard to use gadgets or the net when the language is set to Filipino. i'm not really sure if it's the poor translation or it's me. hehe
i also find it difficult reading math/science/anything technical if it's in Filipino.

topet2k12001
2011-05-19, 19:09
sir, symbianize is already up. hehe i also followed Xagoln's link to see if i could help but i didn't understand what they where talking about. hehe

in my case sir i find it hard to use gadgets or the net when the language is set to Filipino. i'm not really sure if it's the poor translation or it's me. hehe
i also find it difficult reading math/science/anything technical if it's in Filipino.

Yup exactly my same point. :) It's not your fault; it's more on how our government patronizes and pushes the use of the language. Good thing to note especially when you start to have your own family and kids. I'm lucky my parents still taught me the importance of the language though. ;)

vetsin
2011-05-19, 19:38
Yup exactly my same point. :) It's not your fault; it's more on how our government patronizes and pushes the use of the language. Good thing to note especially when you start to have your own family and kids. I'm lucky my parents still taught me the importance of the language though. ;)

hehe. i can speak the language sir, quite fluently if i may add. haha bulakenyo po eh. problem is i'm not used to seeing Filipino words and mathematical/scientific terms together.

i'm not sure if you still remember your UPCAT or if we had the same experience but there were math questions during my time which were given in Filipino. extra challenge on my part! haha

topet2k12001
2011-05-19, 21:47
hehe. i can speak the language sir, quite fluently if i may add. haha bulakenyo po eh. problem is i'm not used to seeing Filipino words and mathematical/scientific terms together.

i'm not sure if you still remember your UPCAT or if we had the same experience but there were math questions during my time which were given in Filipino. extra challenge on my part! haha

Hindi ko na naabutan na Filipino ang mga tanong sa UPCAT ng math. :)

vetsin
2011-05-23, 07:08
just curious... are there any maemo developers here in the Philippines?
do maemo-gods walk among us in our native land? hehe

bebek_35
2011-05-25, 08:40
sir topet pwede ka makausap sa IM?

topet2k12001
2011-05-25, 08:49
sir topet pwede ka makausap sa IM?
Friend,

I'm sorry but I'm still at work and I'm in a meeting. Sorry it seems like our schedules don't match often. As a suggestion, please visit our thread at symbianize.com. Just search for the thread on N900 tutorials. That way, there will be other members who can help you when I'm not available. Just tell them that I referred you there; they will be glad to help.

ezravine
2011-05-25, 08:54
hahaha meron din pla thread n900 phils dito haha..hello!

bebek_35
2011-05-25, 08:55
ah ok po! thanks anyway.
Friend,

I'm sorry but I'm still at work and I'm in a meeting. Sorry it seems like our schedules don't match often. As a suggestion, please visit our thread at symbianize.com. Just search for the thread on N900 tutorials. That way, there will be other members who can help you when I'm not available. Just tell them that I referred you there; they will be glad to help.

bebek_35
2011-06-05, 01:06
please help! try ko po flash n900 ko using windows7.already installed and downloaded maemo flasher,vanilla file and combined respectively;try ko po ung step 1 and here's what happened:
"flasher-3.5.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file."

vicscraft
2011-06-05, 01:22
@bebek_35
make sure nasa flasher directory ka sa command prompt. sa win7 ko "C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5".

bebek_35
2011-06-05, 11:28
@bebek_35
make sure nasa flasher directory ka sa command prompt. sa win7 ko "C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5".

ang lumalabas kase sa laptop ko when i run the flasher, "C:\Windows\system32>".

Hurrian
2011-06-05, 11:41
ang lumalabas kase sa laptop ko when i run the flasher, "C:\Windows\system32>".
cd "C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5"

bebek_35
2011-06-05, 21:54
cd "C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5"

@hurrian i tried to do it but it goes like this:

C:\Windows\system32>cd "C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5"
C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>-F RX_51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f
'-F' is not recognized as internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

please i need some help here!:confused:

gabby131
2011-06-05, 22:00

C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>-F RX_51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f
'-F' is not recognized as internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

try removing the quote marks....

cd C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5

EDIT: i read that wrong....if you're using win7, there's no easy way to flash n900. I am using windows 7 and the only thing i thought of is installing a winXP virtual machine and flash my n900 using that.

bebek_35
2011-06-05, 22:39
try removing the quote marks....

cd C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5

EDIT: i read that wrong....if you're using win7, there's no easy way to flash n900. I am using windows 7 and the only thing i thought of is installing a winXP virtual machine and flash my n900 using that.

win XP virtual machine? how can i install it?

vetsin
2011-06-06, 00:50

@bebek
kulang po kayo ng "flasher-3.5.exe" sa start ng command ninyo. dapat po ganito itsura nya:
C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5.exe -F RX_51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

nakabold po yung kulang sa command nyo. saka make sure you run the Command Prompt with administrator privilege. at pwede po siyang gawin sa windows7, yun gamit ko eh. hehe you can also visit sir topet's thread at symbianize if you want to see his well-made tutorials.

topet2k12001
2011-06-06, 19:22
@bebek
kulang po kayo ng "flasher-3.5.exe" sa start ng command ninyo. dapat po ganito itsura nya:
C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5>flasher-3.5.exe -F RX_51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

nakabold po yung kulang sa command nyo. saka make sure you run the Command Prompt with administrator privilege. at pwede po siyang gawin sa windows7, yun gamit ko eh. hehe you can also visit sir topet's thread at symbianize if you want to see his well-made tutorials.

That's correct. I noticed that bebek missed that too. :)

cd C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5EDIT: i read that wrong....if you're using win7, there's no easy way to flash n900. I am using windows 7 and the only thing i thought of is installing a winXP virtual machine and flash my n900 using that.[/QUOTE]

I have tried flashing the N900 in Ubuntu, Windows XP, and Windows 7. All of them use the same instructions (except in Ubuntu where you type "sudo" and a space before the command), and all are working and easy. Perhaps you are talking about Windows 7 64-bit that is difficult to use the flasher on, and not Windows 7 32-bit?

Hi Bebek,

Please read these posts to make it easier for you.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=972876&postcount=911
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=972983&postcount=915

If still you can't do it correctly, there is a YouTube video tutorial in the Wiki Page itself. Just watch it and follow it. :)