PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Suite 3.3.86

chiron
2012-01-19, 22:54
So I just updated my Nokia Suite from 3.2.98 to 3.3.86 and it looks like Nokia patched the loophole where the N9 doesn't sync with Nokia Suite anymore. I was wondering if there is any workaround for that?

DarkSkies
2012-01-19, 23:01
AFAIR Nokia made it clear they don't want N9s to be used with Nokia Suite, for whatever reason. Lazy bastards.

If Nokia Link had an option to sync contacts with Thunderbird's addressbook I wouldn't really ask for anything else.

ioncelmare
2012-01-19, 23:38
are u serious, this is happening with n9 also?

AndyNokia232
2012-01-20, 00:20
I read (can't recall where exactly) that Nokia Suite will only work with the N9 if you stick with the Ovi version 3.2.xxx. Turn off Auto Update within its settings, and just be stuck with that version. Might not be ideal, but at least you'll have those precious Contacts backed up somewhere.

I've also written to Nokia to request a future update to Link include Contacts back up. Pretty effing ridiculous to take away compatibility with Nokia Suite and iSync and Ovi 'cloud' and then provide us with an option that has no Contacts back up. Sure I'm grateful it works with my Mac, but COME ON. Contacts back up? Pretty bloody important.

HanzBlix
2012-01-20, 01:42
So I just updated my Nokia Suite from 3.2.98 to 3.3.86 and it looks like Nokia patched the loophole where the N9 doesn't sync with Nokia Suite anymore. I was wondering if there is any workaround for that?

I'm confused, do you mean Nokia patched it so that you can't sync a N9 with Nokia suite now, asssuming you'd been using the work around from the old version in the first place?
I assume that's what you mean though it's not really what a noob would take from what you said.

If so thank's for the heads up, I'll avoid updating.

Just seeking clarity not trolling.

PhatApteryx
2012-01-20, 02:26
I'm confused, do you mean Nokia patched it so that you can't sync a N9 with Nokia suite now, asssuming you'd been using the work around from the old version in the first place?
I assume that's what you mean though it's not really what a noob would take from you said.

Well spotted - i had much the same thought as you.. works for me, no plans to break it by updating...

Skipper!
2012-01-20, 08:02
dear Chiron, you have to reinstall 3.2.100.....

chiron
2012-01-21, 04:17
I assume that's what you mean though it's not really what a noob would take from what you said.

Yeah, Hanz that's what I meant, sorry for the confusing wording... was just annoyed by the new update since there seems to be no work around. Only way is to downgrade it to 3.2.xxx

jaripi
2012-01-21, 05:49
I read (can't recall where exactly) that Nokia Suite will only work with the N9 if you stick with the Ovi version 3.2.xxx. Turn off Auto Update within its settings, and just be stuck with that version. Might not be ideal, but at least you'll have those precious Contacts backed up somewhere.

I've also written to Nokia to request a future update to Link include Contacts back up. Pretty effing ridiculous to take away compatibility with Nokia Suite and iSync and Ovi 'cloud' and then provide us with an option that has no Contacts back up. Sure I'm grateful it works with my Mac, but COME ON. Contacts back up? Pretty bloody important.

As far as I understand, you can make a back up by your phone, so you do not need any separate software for it ... to make a contact back up - just go: Contacts - Options - Export contacts - File ... and I am pretty sure that a back up include contacts too (settings - Sync and back up - Back up) ....

Honestly, it is one reason why I really like N9 ... it does not need any separate software - I can use it without any separate software with all of my computers at home and at work, even with all my laptops and notebooks .... because all needed software is in phone

orlycristofalo
2012-01-21, 19:08
If you want to sync all your contacs and send SMS vía PC, use the old (and great), Nokia PC Suite.
I use these old software with my Nokia N9 and works great!:D

cevenn
2012-01-21, 21:31
:D
Works fine, old fashion one, but works for contacts!
Just at first sync, all others numbers had overwrite mobile ones!
But they were just mixed in the same place for many of my contacts!
Just have to cut/paste fix phone numbers to right place to saw mobile numbers reappear!!!

jpfsn
2012-01-21, 22:48
We could do with a easily accessible source to download the last version of Nokia Suite that works with the N9. I will share 3.0 via dropbox, but hopefully someone can share a source for version 3.2.100) sometime?

Jordi
2012-01-21, 23:20
If you want to sync all your contacs and send SMS vía PC, use the old (and great), Nokia PC Suite.
I use these old software with my Nokia N9 and works great!:D

No problems for the SMS (sending etc) but contacts and calendar do not synch properly. It's not 100% reliable.

kureyon
2012-01-22, 03:13
Another Elop move to get people not to buy the N9 so the Lumias have a better chance? Probably not. Nokia has always been taking 2 steps forwards and 1 step back even without Elop.

jaripi
2012-01-22, 11:48
Here is good information about PC Suite and Ovi Suite ... and about a proper version numbers for N9:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Maemo-and-MeeGo-Devices/N9-trouble-to-sinc-with-Nokia-Suite/m-p/1213601#M29486

About contacts, they are included in a back up file, some CAN be done by your N9 phone (I just checked what is inside of that back up file) ... just curious to know, if anybody tried to use just an ordinary sync program to sync them ? - as the contacts are just files in a folder :)

About maps, just use your N9 phone to download and update them

Jedibeeftrix
2012-01-22, 12:33
As far as I understand, you can make a back up by your phone, so you do not need any separate software for it ... to make a contact back up - just go: Contacts - Options - Export contacts - File ... and I am pretty sure that a back up include contacts too (settings - Sync and back up - Back up) ....

Honestly, it is one reason why I really like N9 ... it does not need any separate software - I can use it without any separate software with all of my computers at home and at work, even with all my laptops and notebooks .... because all needed software is in phone
just tried this, but it fails and says "can't export contacts", what is that all about?

agreed on the latter point.

Jedibeeftrix
2012-01-23, 17:22
just tried this, but it fails and says "can't export contacts", what is that all about?

agreed on the latter point.

bump

any help on ^this^?

jaripi
2012-01-23, 17:33
bump

any help on ^this^?

I had not a such problem ... I made a quick check ... it lets me choose contacts to export and to make that file or to save to SIM card ... I think that it is mainly done to export your contacts to other device as it did not tell me where it saved that file (well, I was too lazy to find out that or to use any other device to check how it works, for example, throug bluetooth from N9 to other device) ...

Just make a back up file (Settings - Sync and back up - Back Up) and all contacts will be included in that back up file (.backup folder include contacts, e-mails, etc.) - I checked that few days ago ...

jaripi
2012-01-23, 17:59
bump

any help on ^this^?

I made a quick check for you, it saves that file (well, Contacts folder with your contacts info) in MyDocs folder ... when you use that: Export contacts - File ...

If you failed with it: did you choose the contacts to export (use: "Mark all" - click "Done") - it maybe failed, if you did not choose any contacts to export ... well, just my guess ...

AndyNokia232
2012-01-23, 18:12
Not sure if anyone agrees with me here, but surely making a back up of the phone on the phone is not such a great idea. Is there anyway to export the back up file to a safe distance, such as a Mac or PC?

jaripi
2012-01-23, 18:35
Not sure if anyone agrees with me here, but surely making a back up of the phone on the phone is not such a great idea. Is there anyway to export the back up file to a safe distance, such as a Mac or PC?

You can always copy that file from your phone to your computer (just like movies, musics or anything else) ... and it is fast to do as N9 is very fast in USB mode (15 Mb. / s.) ...

AndyNokia232
2012-01-23, 18:37
Thanks, and I'm assuming it will be just as easy to perform the backup by transferring said file back over to the phone, should I ever need to? Is the N9 smart enough to know that a file named 'Contacts' is the one it should extract from?

jaripi
2012-01-23, 18:55
Thanks, and I'm assuming it will be just as easy to perform the backup by transferring said file back over to the phone, should I ever need to? Is the N9 smart enough to know that a file named 'Contacts' is the one it should extract from?

I am lazy to test everything, but I am sure that your valuable contacts can be moved to a proper place, so that N9 will find them ... as long as you have a back up ... I feel that it is an easy job and I have no reason to think that there is any difficulties ...

Why you do not make a contact back up to your SIM card ? (it is easy task, the both way) ...

jaripi
2012-01-23, 18:58
By the way, a latest Ovi Suite 3.3.86 should work with N9 :) ... if you have 3.0.0.290 as an original one and updated that through 3.2 ... just let Ovi Suite 3.2 to update itself ... I will let YOU know more when I can reconfirm it (it is surprise that it works now) ...

wvh
2012-01-25, 00:11
I also get the error message "Can't export contacts" when I try to export all contacts. When I try to export them individually, one by one, contacts with certain characters in the name fail – such as the ones that have a slash in them.

Maybe slashes don't get filtered out where they should...

If you have problems exporting contacts, check if that's the reason.

isfr21
2012-01-26, 06:22
Also get problem with "can't export contacts" when I choose to export all. Someone submit a bug please. Too many bugs for me to submit on my own. Gets tiring.

Edit: Weird. A lot of the contacts got exported to Contacts folder. I don't know which ones didn't though and why it's giving me this problem.

Edit2: Yeah it definitely didn't get everything. Only 265 contacts out of maybe 800. All these bugs are getting me really annoyed even more so when I remember what I paid for this.

captainofiron
2012-01-26, 21:30
Its odd, I am running PC Suite (7.1.62.1) and my N9 connects with it no problems via bluetooth, however if I use a cable connection it says its not supported. very odd.

I will need to try the Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 trick to see if it works.

JiiHoo
2012-01-26, 21:49
By the way, a latest Ovi Suite 3.3.86 should work with N9 :) ... if you have 3.0.0.290 as an original one and updated that through 3.2 ... just let Ovi Suite 3.2 to update itself ... I will let YOU know more when I can reconfirm it (it is surprise that it works now) ...

Well, there are few posts in Betalabs thread about NS & N9 (http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-suite-3-2-beta/suggestion/42076/n9-support) which still say that N9 does not work anymore in NS3.3. I.e. the same what was already said in the first post in this thread. Or did you found a way to get around of this block?

Jedibeeftrix
2012-01-27, 20:11
I made a quick check for you, it saves that file (well, Contacts folder with your contacts info) in MyDocs folder ... when you use that: Export contacts - File ...

If you failed with it: did you choose the contacts to export (use: "Mark all" - click "Done") - it maybe failed, if you did not choose any contacts to export ... well, just my guess ...

yeah i did the "marl all".

mihaie
2012-01-28, 17:59
Does anyone know where I can find version 3.2.100? I kind of took it hard by updating to this damn latest version which killed the N9 sync. Now I went back to the magic 3.0.0.290 but I do not want to get stuck with that and would be nice to come back to latest suite version which worked with N9. I tried my best to find 3.2.100 but everything seems to point to the Nokia installer which of course gets you the latest evil version.

mihaie
2012-01-28, 19:18
Does anyone know where I can find version 3.2.100? I kind of took it hard by updating to this damn latest version which killed the N9 sync. Now I went back to the magic 3.0.0.290 but I do not want to get stuck with that and would be nice to come back to latest suite version which worked with N9. I tried my best to find 3.2.100 but everything seems to point to the Nokia installer which of course gets you the latest evil version.

update: found the 3.2.100 here (http://www.general-files.com/download/gs26e9092h2i0/Nokia.Suite.3.2.100.Final.rar.html). Maybe one tip is to do this instalation disconected from the net as the installer most probably checks with servers for latest version.

jalyst
2012-02-01, 17:07

So can you confirm that the latest 3.3 build does function fully with the N9?
If so please outline how you got it to work.

I was of the same understanding as JiiHoo:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1156240&postcount=28

Thank-you.

caco3
2012-02-04, 10:50
I just installed Nokia Suite 3.3.84 on my PC.
It detected my N950 but told me that the N9 is not supported. It suggested to install the Nokia Link App which I then installed.

It seems to be able to copy movies, music and images from/to the phone. (That option seems rater useless since I prefer to do ut over the mass storrage funktionality).

Beside of that it how ever also seems to be able to backup/restore the calendar/messages/settings.
They will be stored in a .lbu-file, so no change zo extract them :(

jaripi
2012-02-04, 12:24

Sorry, but I heard earlier that 3.3.86 could work with N9 ... I tested it today and NO, it does not work with N9 ... so I am back 3.2.100 again and it is working one ...

Just to avoid automatic updating of 3.2.100 - remember to disable automatic update from Tools - Options (Preferences) ...

Gerii
2012-02-05, 20:27
Does anyone of you also get the notification that Nokia Suite 3.2.100 can't be used anymore without updating? (automatic updating was and is deactivated)
I guess I need to reinstall and block Nokia Suite with my Firewall from connecting to the net. :mad:

jaripi
2012-02-05, 20:40
Does anyone of you also get the notification that Nokia Suite 3.2.100 can't be used anymore without updating? (automatic updating was and is deactivated)
I guess I need to reinstall and block Nokia Suite with my Firewall from connecting to the net. :mad:

Are you really sure that you was unchecked "Automatic update" from Options (Preferences), as I just reopened Nokia Suite 3.2.100 (no need to update it) - I checked my both computers desktop and laptop - just the same ...

Hmmmm, maybe you did not wait a long enough ... and you tried to add device - do not do it, just be patient and it will find your N9 ...

Gerii
2012-02-05, 21:08
Just tested it on my PC, after some minutes I get the same prompt as on my Notebook where I can only choose "Install" or "Exit".
The trick has been working fine for me for the last few weeks, but now it seems that they've turned it off.

jaripi
2012-02-05, 21:20
Just tested it on my PC, after some minutes I get the same prompt as on my Notebook where I can only choose "Install" or "Exit".
The trick has been working fine for me for the last few weeks, but now it seems that they've turned it off.

Hmmmmm, I do not think so (but yes, I can be wrong - it would not be a first time) ... did you just install for your PC or had you it there before ? ... if you just istalled it, are you sure that you made installation offline (no internet during installation) and disabled "Automatic updade" too before you enabled internet again ... you can not do online installation, if will fail, because it will check the new version automatically ...

Arie
2012-02-05, 21:21
http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-your-nokia-n9-working-with-nokia-suite-3-2-100/

This isn't a trick... Have it working and just retested this last night...

jaripi
2012-02-05, 21:32
http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-your-nokia-n9-working-with-nokia-suite-3-2-100/

This isn't a trick... Have it working and just retested this last night...

Yes, I retested too - it works well ... and I am using Nokia Suite with my N9 just NOW, ONLINE - it suggest an update, but it does not install it automatically, because I have already disabled automatic update of Nokia Suite (Tools - Choices (options) - General on left side and disable automatic update, it is a third one there on right side from up to down) ...

tibere86
2012-03-03, 05:04
I have had no luck with the Ovi trick. Ovi does not recognize my N9. What am I doing incorrectly? I installed the old version of Nokia Ovi Suite with my internet connection disabled.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7179/6948170199_2abbcc0840_b.jpg

raptor2k7
2012-03-03, 06:21
This is one of the reasons why I never liked nor used Ovi Suite. It's just so inconsistent and just messed up.

I suggest you just use the old PC Suite. Been using it on my n9 with no problems. I'm using version 7.1.62.1.

captainofiron
2012-03-05, 17:43
I have had no luck with the Ovi trick. Ovi does not recognize my N9. What am I doing incorrectly? I installed the old version of Nokia Ovi Suite with my internet connection disabled.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7179/6948170199_2abbcc0840_b.jpg

+1 didnt work for me either, and its work with the Nokia PC suite 7.1.62.1 it wont work with a wired connection, but with a bluetooth its fine

caco3
2012-03-05, 19:07
I got it working following the instructions on http://everythingn9.com/how-to-get-your-nokia-n9-working-with-nokia-suite-3-2-100/
But only on one of my 3 WinXP machines!

MaemoJirka
2012-03-05, 19:43
Works perfect!!On XP,Windows 7,thanks

Arie
2012-03-05, 19:52
This is one of the reasons why I never liked nor used Ovi Suite. It's just so inconsistent and just messed up.

I suggest you just use the old PC Suite. Been using it on my n9 with no problems. I'm using version 7.1.62.1.

+1 didnt work for me either, and its work with the Nokia PC suite 7.1.62.1 it wont work with a wired connection, but with a bluetooth its fine

To the both of you did you remove everything related to Nokia's stuff (flasher not included) before disconnecting the internet and following the directions here:

I had to remove everything, meaning the Nokia Link, the Nokia Suite, and the Nokia connectivity drivers.

caco3
2012-03-05, 20:13
To the both of you did you remove everything related to Nokia's stuff (flasher not included) before disconnecting the internet and following the directions here:

I had to remove everything, meaning the Nokia Link, the Nokia Suite, and the Nokia connectivity drivers.

I removed everything (used the Systemsettings > Software list of windows.). How ever it might be that there are still some config files around. Since I try to avoid Windows I am not caring to much about all its stupidity and inconsistency..

captainofiron
2012-03-05, 20:31

I thought I had, but still nothing, I even uninstalled Nokia (Ovi) music player

Arie
2012-03-05, 20:39
I removed everything (used the Systemsettings > Software list of windows.). How ever it might be that there are still some config files around. Since I try to avoid Windows I am not caring to much about all its stupidity and inconsistency..

I'm using Windows 7.

I thought I had, but still nothing, I even uninstalled Nokia (Ovi) music player

If it says publisher Nokia, it should go.

anig
2012-04-12, 08:21
I just updated to Nokia Suite 3.3.89 and found that it works with the N9 over both bluetooth and usb.I tried syncing notes and it worked fine.

However it didn't show any contacts, but that could be because I am syncing to google contacts over MfE.

PhatApteryx
2012-04-12, 11:23
I just updated to Nokia Suite 3.3.89 and found that it works with the N9 over both bluetooth and usb.I tried syncing notes and it worked fine.

However it didn't show any contacts, but that could be because I am syncing to google contacts over MfE.

Really? That would be a nice thought but i would love somebody else to substantiate this...

simonizer
2012-04-12, 12:19
Really? That would be a nice thought but i would love somebody else to substantiate this...

Just tried it myself. Updated from 3.2.100 to 3.3.89.
Worked like a charm before. Now it immediately says "not supported" and suggests to use Nokia Link. The usual stuff.

Don't touch anything beyond 3.2.100 guys.
Going back to 3.2.100 now.

anig
2012-04-12, 12:40
Just tried it myself. Updated from 3.2.100 to 3.3.89.
Worked like a charm before. Now it immediately says "not supported" and suggests to use Nokia Link. The usual stuff.

Don't touch anything beyond 3.2.100 guys.
Going back to 3.2.100 now.

I've not tried any of the others, I had Nokia Suite installed for use with my N8 and Nokia Link for my N9. This morning I installed the updated version of Nokia Suite and first tried to simply connect over bluetooth and it worked. I then tried the USB selecting "sync and connect" option, although Nokia Link also fired up I closed it down and went back to Nokia Suite and it showed that it had connected.

captainofiron
2012-04-12, 16:40
does anybody else have problems connecting the N9 with USB to the nokia suite that is supposed to be supported?

danested
2012-05-23, 00:06
I can confirm that the latest version of the Nokia suite does not work with N9. (windows 7)

I tried the hack as well, but it doesn't seem to help.

shma
2012-06-08, 04:17
I was told by nokia beta team last night that the next version of nokia suite will have full support for nokia n9, and it will be released within next couple of weeks. Pehaps same time as 1.3?

thedead1440
2012-06-08, 04:32
that's good news...though i won't be too surprised if it fails to happen...considering Nokia's unpredictability we never know...