PDA

View Full Version : How can i know the password of my neighborhood password wifi

Masoi
02-20-2012, 06:01 AM
guys help me to know the password of my neighborhood wifi.. he type it in my wifi password and then i used it.. i copy the password but its show asterisk.. how can i know

HtheB
02-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Just follow these couple simple steps:
1) Go to your neighboor
2) Ring the bell (if they don't have a bell, knocking on the door would also help)
3) When they open the door, just gently ask for the password
4) Profit!

More easy guide with 1 step:
Get your own internet!

Masoi
02-20-2012, 06:27 AM
they dont want to give the password

nieldk
02-20-2012, 06:32 AM
Just follow these couple simple steps:
1) Go to your neighboor
2) Ring the bell (if they don't have a bell, knocking on the door would also help)
3) When they open the door, just gently ask for the password
4) Profit!

More easy guide with 1 step:
Get your own internet!

Calling the phone might also work, or sent a request by snail-mail.

nieldk
02-20-2012, 06:33 AM
they dont want to give the password

I think that answered your question!

jperez2009
02-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Dude, seriously? Asking how to illegally acquire a connection to someone else's router to get an internet connection because they put a password on it FOR THAT VERY REASON?

Ideas:
1. Get your own internet (cheap nowadays)
2. Get out of the house and leech off a free WiFi connection at a business (this one gets you outside more too)
3. Seek this type of help elsewhere (very beneficial to everyone else here)

Also, why would you need that connection if you were able to post on here? No need to break into someone else's WiFi if you have a connection already.

anthonie
02-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Or get yourself a skill set and retrieve the one already received...

Masoi
02-20-2012, 06:42 AM
sir.. i want to know the password because he type the password but shows only asterisk.. now i want to know if its have a program to read a asterisk?

don_falcone
02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
guys help me to know the password of my neighborhood wifi.. he type it in my wifi password and then i used it.. i copy the password but its show asterisk.. how can i know

[x] There's a reason he didn't write it down for you in clear text on a big bad post-it note.
[x] Go; try next.

bingomion
02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
try LSD.. you'll be able to read the asterisk :D

shanttu
02-20-2012, 06:59 AM
This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptanalysis_of_the_Enigma) has worked before and might do the trick again.

pelago
02-20-2012, 07:00 AM
If you mean that he typed the password into your N900 so that your N900 is working on his Wi-Fi, but you want to know the password so that you can use it on another device or use it after re-flashing your N900, then there are ways of finding out the password. E.g. see thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67549

Masoi
02-20-2012, 07:19 AM
If you mean that he typed the password into your N900 so that your N900 is working on his Wi-Fi, but you want to know the password so that you can use it on another device or use it after re-flashing your N900, then there are ways of finding out the password. E.g. see thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67549

yes sir pelago.. thats what i am talking about but i downloaded your given link.. thats is wpa editor.. how can i use that?? i didnt see the program on my n900

GrimyHR
02-20-2012, 07:42 AM
guys help me to know how to hack into swiss national bank...i promise i wont steal much :p

mr_pingu
02-20-2012, 07:44 AM
yes sir pelago.. thats what i am talking about but i downloaded your given link.. thats is wpa editor.. how can i use that?? i didnt see the program on my n900

It's in settings, you also might try to recover all passwords through gconf, all connection are saved there(unencrypted, wtf?)

zincholic
02-20-2012, 07:47 AM

wait for a moment, i'll ask elvis presley...
ooooh darn, he said he had the same problem with you...
so sorry mate...

Masoi
02-20-2012, 07:58 AM
wait for a moment, i'll ask elvis presley...
ooooh darn, he said he had the same problem with you...
so sorry mate...

what is your problem men?? **** your elvis

Aranel
02-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Looks like you're not getting his password to run a Google search (http://www.google.com.tr/#q=n900+wifi+recover), do you?

udaychaitanya16
02-20-2012, 08:26 AM
1.Its illegal to obtain the password of other people wifi with illegal means and illegal intentions. If he is that much accessible, why don't you just ask for the password and share the internet cost with him
2.Having said that ,there are lot many programmes out there to break the wifi password,such as cleven (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75428) by saturn ,wifite.py rechristened wepon (http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-74081.html) by vi and faircrack (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69009) by Frummage
3.All these work excellently,provided its WEP password.
4.Read them,learn them and be sagacious.

jedi
02-20-2012, 08:48 AM
gconftool-2 -R / | grep passphrase will show it.

Masoi
02-21-2012, 03:23 AM
gconftool-2 -R / | grep passphrase will show it.

tnx a lot bro

tgalal
02-21-2012, 05:13 AM
guys help me to know how to hack into swiss national bank...i promise i wont steal much :p

It seems some people's main focus was how to make fun of the guy instead of bothering to even understand his question. He was asking how to read a wlan key that is already entered and stored on his phone, and not how to break into his neighbor's wifi! So eventually you only made fun of yourself. Congrats!

don_falcone
02-21-2012, 05:24 AM
That is _your_ opinion, and you are entitled to it. Howewer, it was clearly stated (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1167261&postcount=3) that his neighbors didn't want to provide the password again. (and therefore with high possibility didn't want him to have unsupervised access every time he wants by just entering the password once, therefore my "post-it note" remark).

So at least for me, it is clearly an attempted act of security circumvention ("breach") without consent provided by the affected party. Providing him with the ability to read-out stored passwords is just a nice sugar coating on top, to soothe your mind.

May you present it however you like it, those are the facts.

jedi
02-21-2012, 06:34 AM
That is _your_ opinion, and you are entitled to it. Howewer, it was clearly stated (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1167261&postcount=3) that his neighbors didn't want to provide the password again. (and therefore with high possibility didn't want him to have unsupervised access every time he wants by just entering the password once, therefore my "post-it note" remark).

So at least for me, it is clearly an attempted act of security circumvention ("breach") without consent provided by the affected party. Providing him with the ability to read-out stored passwords is just a nice sugar coating on top, to soothe your mind.

May you present it however you like it, those are the facts.
And who are you to be the judge? Retrieving information that is stored in your phone is not a crime - that was all this guy asked for. Obviously English is not his/her first language so maybe better words could have been chosen, but this is an 'international' community right? And we're happy to help people?

don_falcone
02-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Rinse, repeat: "That is _your_ opinion, and you are entitled to it." You helped, others (including me) did not. Each to his/her own reasons. Language issues aside, IMHO they play a minor part here.

jedi
02-21-2012, 08:27 AM
Rinse, repeat: "That is _your_ opinion, and you are entitled to it." You helped, others (including me) did not. Each to his/her own reasons. Language issues aside, IMHO they play a minor part here.
Yes, this is a public forum. Of course it's my opinion, your opinion and everyone else's opinion. As John Cleese once said: "10 out of 10 for stating the bleeding obvious"...

It's just sometimes my opinion happens to be correct ;)

ziggadebo
02-21-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes, this is a public forum. Of course it's my opinion, your opinion and everyone else's opinion. As John Cleese once said: "10 out of 10 for stating the bleeding obvious"...

You are wrong his exact quote was

'Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay. Special subject - the bleedin' obvious'

It's all in the details........

:)

jedi
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
You are wrong his exact quote was

'Can't we get you on Mastermind, Sybil? Next contestant - Sybil Fawlty from Torquay. Special subject - the bleedin' obvious'

It's all in the details........

:)
Thanks for the correction. Yes, details are important :)

GrimyHR
02-21-2012, 09:00 AM
And who are you to be the judge? Retrieving information that is stored in your phone is not a crime - that was all this guy asked for. Obviously English is not his/her first language so maybe better words could have been chosen, but this is an 'international' community right? And we're happy to help people?

it may not be a crime by law, but the morality of it is highly questionable :p

zifis
02-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Interesting debate!

It "sounds" to me like the OP wants to get access to the neighbours' wifi via another device. Probably his laptop.

He somehow got the neighbour to give him the pass for the N900 thinking it's harmless (that's what you get for not knowing what N900 is) and now he can't see the chars to type into his laptop wireless network config.

... the plot thikens! :D

tonypower88
02-21-2012, 09:52 AM
WTF

password of your neighboor password - that would be like a lock inside another lock

erendorn
02-21-2012, 10:20 AM

It really doesn't matter if the key is on his device or not.
He does not have the permission of the AP owner to use the AP with another device.
Using the AP without the owner's consent is illegual in many countries, whether the key was obtained legally or not.

don_falcone
02-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Legal or moral issues that may change between countries / cultures set aside, that's why _i_ didn't help. IIRC I have consent of all AP operators (free City-wide, Hotel, Company, friend's WiFi APs) i have connected my devices to that use PSKs.

EDIT: now i know again why i configured my home AP to broadcast a separate WPA2-PSK protected guest network SSID providing Internet access only, and keep the private internal network's SSID private. This way, i can provide my friends with (permanent) Internet access, but they get no access to my "privates". :D

ysss
02-21-2012, 11:03 AM
This is what it means when people say 'being judgmental'.

This is also an illustration of why 'being judgmental' is okay in my book.

Keir
02-21-2012, 07:16 PM
try ********

tonypercy
02-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Interesting debate!

It "sounds" to me like the OP wants to get access to the neighbours' wifi via another device. Probably his laptop.

He somehow got the neighbour to give him the pass for the N900 thinking it's harmless (that's what you get for not knowing what N900 is) and now he can't see the chars to type into his laptop wireless network config.

... the plot thikens! :D

If that is the case, and he has licence to use his n900 on the network, it would be better to use the Nokia Suit to connect, or one of the mobile hotspot apps. Because a new mac address appearing on the AP might just mean a new password is installed. Whether the nieghbour minds him leaching or not.

tonypercy
02-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Legal or moral issues that may change between countries / cultures set aside, that's why _i_ didn't help. IIRC I have consent of all AP operators (free City-wide, Hotel, Company, friend's WiFi APs) i have connected my devices to that use PSKs.

EDIT: now i know again why i configured my home AP to broadcast a separate WPA2-PSK protected guest network SSID providing Internet access only, and keep the private internal network's SSID private. This way, i can provide my friends with (permanent) Internet access, but they get no access to my "privates". :D
Yeah thanks for reminding me -- I've been meaning to play about with this on 2 sites...ones for a CCTV system patched into an old Dell on a network, and the other is a QoS issue for a wifi.

davdav
02-22-2012, 08:30 AM
try ********

yesss it workes try it dude

danramos
02-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Video to help you with your neighbor's wifi password:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iW-8xPw3k

Kangal
02-28-2012, 11:03 PM
The way I see it, his neighbor let him access his network on his N900 for a one-time only deal. It's like he gave him the key (for a day) so that he can go in and deliver a parcel.

Now obtaining that key from the N900, would be like him making a copy.
Which means whoever helped him accomplish this is the blacksmith/keymaker.

And the code he obtains is this clone key, which he can use at any time without their permission with any intent (ie use any device like other phone/tablet/laptop/ps3/tv).

Well here's a step-by-step video guide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0) on how to do it, if you aren't too proficient with the N900

...it makes you think how he can post here with such question if he doesn't have a internet connection and why he would even have to resort to such methods to do so. There is nothing ethical about this, infact its illegal.

danramos
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Well here's a step-by-step video guide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0) on how to do it, if you aren't too proficient with the N900

My password help video was more useful. ;)