maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Shortcut Maker (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=69809)

nicholes 2011-03-15 16:25

Re: [Announce] Shortcut Maker

1 Attachment(s)
so........... if you don't mind i would like to ask about smsfaker(i like that app too) did not work for me. when i press ok nothing happens, any idea?
EDIT; i tried typing "in" instead of "IN" also changed the time "1" by "01" but the result is same.

Tiboric 2011-03-15 18:31

i just tried with the setting you showed but it worked for me
try
Code:

python /opt/Fakesms/main.py
and let me know what it says after you press ok.
ignore the bits about '' being deprecated

Tiboric 2011-03-15 18:53

Here's a few commands, more to come but in going out now...
Reboot :
Code:

sudo reboot
Lock Screen :
Code:

/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked
Sudo Gainroot XTerm: (with 'Run In Xterm' checked)
Code:

sudo gainroot

anismistry 2011-03-15 22:31

Thanks Tiboric, so i made the icon entered the text and then created the shortcut.

after adding that shortcit on my desktop i observed that the text font came out to be extremely small, couldnt read it. Is there a way to increase the fonts of the text

Tiboric 2011-03-16 00:33

the font size is calculated by the program, depending on the length of the text. if it was larger it wouldn't be visible on the icon. how many letters long is it?

anismistry 2011-03-16 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiboric (Post 968592)
the font size is calculated by the program, depending on the length of the text. if it was larger it wouldn't be visible on the icon. how many letters long is it?

i havent selected any icon but only entered the text on the icon tab. anyway it is 6 letters long

anismistry 2011-03-16 07:39

Hi Tiboric

i tried and i was able to put the icon and the text below it. When i put the shortcut on the desktop it came up with my chosen icon but the text below it ie the name of the person came out to me extremely small. can we increase the font of this text

nicholes 2011-03-16 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiboric (Post 968387)
i just tried with the setting you showed but it worked for me
try
Code:

python /opt/Fakesms/main.py
and let me know what it says after you press ok.
ignore the bits about '' being deprecated

the code opens smsfaker,and with the same setting(my last post) i press ok and nothing happned.the result is same.

after pressing ok, is there any notification that should popup????(because in my case nothing happened)

cutehunk04 2011-03-16 09:43

its working like a charm to me... thanks again ...:)

Tiboric 2011-03-16 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholes (Post 968772)
the code opens smsfaker,and with the same setting(my last post) i press ok and nothing happned.the result is same.

after pressing ok, is there any notification that should popup????(because in my case nothing happened)

i want the output in from the xterm window.... after you run that command and try to create a fake sms