maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Rostelecom investment in Jolla (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100262)

Pim 2018-04-22 13:01

Re: Rostelecom investment in Jolla

Can we use this thread to discuss the topic of it title "Rostelecom investment in Jolla" please?

Feathers McGraw 2018-04-22 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim (Post 1543507)
Can we use this thread to discuss the topic of it title "Rostelecom investment in Jolla" please?

I tried! What's your opinion on the situation?

Wolda 2018-04-23 03:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1543497)
Oh dear. It seems I may have offended a sentiment or two. (...)

Oh, not on this side...

juiceme 2018-04-23 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim (Post 1543507)

Well I don't think that is necessary really.
I'd rather keep to the reality-of-reality topic, much more interesting.

Fellfrosch 2018-04-23 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1543519)
Well I don't think that is necessary really.
I'd rather keep to the reality-of-reality topic, much more interesting.

Well, than I think it makes sense to change the thread title to something like "The philosophical view on the world, reality, freedom of choice and at some point on Rostelecoms investment in Jolla" :p

pichlo 2018-04-23 06:57

FWIW, it seems like we have exhausted all that can be possibly said on "Rostelecom investment in Jolla". The options are, currently, either to keep this thread alive by discussing reality of reality, with a hope that somehow, in the future, a new reality pops up closer to the nominal thread topic, or to close this thread ;)

tortoisedoc 2018-04-23 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1543523)
FWIW, it seems like we have exhausted all that can be possibly said on "Rostelecom investment in Jolla". The options are, currently, either to keep this thread alive by discussing reality of reality, with a hope that somehow, in the future, a new reality pops up closer to the nominal thread topic, or to close this thread ;)

Im all for less threads!

Dave999 2018-04-23 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc (Post 1543534)
Im all for less threads!

More is less. We obviosly need More threads to get less threads. Is that logic to advance for you? Then create a new thread.

Is the campaign still in progress or just sleep walking or simply dead?

tortoisedoc 2018-04-23 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1543535)
More is less. We obviosly need More threads to get less threads. Is that logic to advance for you? Then create a new thread.

Is the campaign still in progress or just sleep walking or simply dead?

Actually, less is more ;)

rinigus 2018-04-23 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw (Post 1543416)
As for whether we here can benefit from the extra money/development efforts resulting from Russia investing in SFOS... that's a separate question. Will SFOS remain a mostly open platform that the Russian gov just happens to use lots? Or will it become like Android - open core but with all kinds of shady telemetry and crap on top, this time with the telemetry handled by companies aligned with Russia instead of America.

NB: I don't see "Russians" as synonymous with "Russia", by which I mean the current Russian government.

/* cut the beginning of the quote, although it was spot on. Now, when the thread is back on track, got finally into it and found the message that I wanted to reply to for some time. */

Now, if you sprinkle your concerns with the closed source components that happen to be dealing with your input (keyboard), communication with your accounts, I am not sure you need that much telemetry to get lots of data regarding the users. And that's a part where owners may play a decisive role.