maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PR 1.3 LITTLE changes with HUGE DISAPPOINT!!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=64397)

danramos 2010-10-27 10:00

Re: PR 1.3 LITTLE changes with HUGE DISAPPOINT!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WereCatf (Post 853051)
Your examples don't make any sense, you know. If I buy a plane ticket I expect to get from one place to another in the promised time, not to get some fancy seat. The promise is right there: to get from A to B in a given time frame.

If it was the OP in question it'd be like he's crying foul over not getting a lapdance in the plane.

With plane delays and runway endless waiting on the tarmac... whew.. not a good example either.

ANALOGY FAIL

Also, lapdance in the plane? A PROMISE at Virgin Airlines. *sage nod*

strongm 2010-10-27 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mart5.1 (Post 852361)
(really must install the Flash tweak tool)
The flash tweaker does not work with this update 1.3

As a UK user I have not got PR1.3 yet, so that doesn't matter

danramos 2010-10-27 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongm (Post 853062)
As a UK user I have not got PR1.3 yet, so that doesn't matter

Hello, UK user, your patronage is important to Nokia, please stay on the line and wait for the next available upgrade. Thank you. --muzak--

strongm 2010-10-27 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 852393)
did nokia promise that any Maps application updates will have the turn by turn navigation free of charge?!!

Yes, that's exactly what they did.

mhamza 2010-10-27 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongm (Post 853075)
Yes, that's exactly what they did.

Oh so i miss that because i got the navigation service charged and i do not really remember that when i got it i got any promise that when i will update 2 years later it will be free!

strongm 2010-10-27 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by stopgap (Post 852685)
iPhone! The world leading smart phone.

Not according to IDC, who's smartphone figures (admittedly for end Q1) show the iPhone in 3rd place worldwide, behind Nokia and RIM. Q2 figures from Gartner put it in 4th place.

stopgap 2010-10-27 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongm (Post 853127)
Not according to IDC, who's smartphone figures (admittedly for end Q1) show the iPhone in 3rd place worldwide, behind Nokia and RIM. Q2 figures from Gartner put it in 4th place.

iPhone singular (well, the handful of models thwre are of it) vs. the hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of phones Nokia has and a fairly large range of Blackberry devices.

I realise pound for pound Nokia come out on top, I was just referring to the popularity of a single phone - Nokia and RIM don't come close, nor any Android phones.

strongm 2010-10-27 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhamza (Post 853088)
Oh so i miss that because i got the navigation service charged and i do not really remember that when i got it i got any promise that when i will update 2 years later it will be free!

I wasn't as clear as I should have been - they made such a promise it in the UK flagship store on the day of the UK release. They changed their minds later ...

strongm 2010-10-27 10:54

>the hundreds (or maybe even thousands) of phones Nokia

Nokia do not have hundreds (and certainly not thousands) of smartphones.

johnny_knoe 2010-10-27 10:59

It's a pity that the email widget till doesn't work with nokia messaging- it only shows the number of eMails, but not the subject. So it's pretty useless... :(
Apart from that the phone feels alot snappier. The update is ok for me and it's nice to see that the N900 is not abandoned by Nokia. Looking forward to MeeGo 1.1 for a dual boot test setup.