maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New members say hello ! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28834)

Jack6428 2009-09-04 13:30

Re: New members say hello !

ok, Hello guys!
Im Czech... :) Ive registered here because of the N900... xD

Den in USA 2009-09-04 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack6428 (Post 321452)
ok, Hello guys!
Im Czech... :) Ive registered here because of the N900... xD

welcome Jack6428 to the forum!

jrtweeter 2009-09-05 04:38

Thanks for the info. I just got an n810 and didn't do too bad on the price. It took me a while to check out all the hardware as it didn't have some of the software installed. But it looks like its all working.

Points about buying used:
-Who knows what's installed. Is it hacked?
-How do you get x working again? Currently sound doesn't work from the web browser (Flash? issue.)
-What is the version of os installed? os2008 Ver:5.2008.43-7 What does that mean?

So far I like what I have and it seems to work. I just need to make it mine. :cool:

Peace!

Den in USA 2009-09-05 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrtweeter (Post 321911)
Thanks for the info. I just got an n810 and didn't do too bad on the price. It took me a while to check out all the hardware as it didn't have some of the software installed. But it looks like its all working.

Points about buying used:
-Who knows what's installed. Is it hacked?
-How do you get x working again? Currently sound doesn't work from the web browser (Flash? issue.)
-What is the version of os installed? os2008 Ver:5.2008.43-7 What does that mean?

So far I like what I have and it seems to work. I just need to make it mine. :cool:

Peace!

Welcome, jrtweeter, I know what you mean about "making it your own".

rafanto 2009-09-05 17:22

I note with pleasure that maemo users are increasingly more!
At the time of the first 770 were few . Even in ITALY thanks to the support and info of maemo.org & my rafanto.net many users are approaching to the New World revolutionary MAEMO & Nokia Internet Tablet

:cool::D

regards

Antonio

Matic 2009-09-05 18:27

Hi everyone!

I live in Sweden, and i registered after seeing Nokias n900.
I owe a n95 nad i think(hope) n900 will be a good candidate as my next mobile device!

Jack6428 2009-09-05 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Den in USA (Post 321502)
welcome Jack6428 to the forum!

Thanks Den..
Is there something more i should say about myself? I'm interested in IT/PC/Phones, gaming (both PC & consoles), writing articles, movies/tv shows, comics. I work in Digital Armada Game Studios as a game-tester...and at nfsgame.net as a writer and I'm going to University in 3 weeks. Right now I've got my 5th phone (Alcatel One Touch->Siemens C35->Nokia 3650->Nokia N-Gage->Nokia N70) and I'm looking forward to getting the N900 next month. I hope someone will help me out then with the more advanced stuff as I am new to Maemo.

bbin 2009-09-07 14:55

Hello everyone!

Been stalking here since the first rumours of n900 and now finally registered :p

Not a coder but definetly a gadget freak and a full hearted open source supporter from Finland :D

avnee 2009-09-08 14:40

Hello

This is a nice thread to welcome the new comers.
I have joined this discussion boards this year because of my N810.
I am from India, studying 12th grade science stream.
With the upcoming use of WIFI in India, people have started using the internet tablets too. This makes me come here.
Nokia's doing a gr8 job when it comes to maemo devices.
Future seems brighter for maemo. Soon more and more utility based apps might come up!!;)
All my queries are answered to.
Thanks to all wonderfull people.

Best regards,
Avnee.

Den in USA 2009-09-08 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack6428 (Post 322191)
Thanks Den..
Is there something more i should say about myself?

You might want to add some info to your "Signature" in your public profile so that we can see what tablet you have. I like when I can view your "Location". One of these days I will find someone just "down the road" from me.