maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How To: Nintendo 64 Emu for N900 <Now in Extras-Devel> (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=57647)

Temporal 2011-04-09 23:09

Re: How To: Nintendo 64 Emu for N900 <Now in Extras-Devel>

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody.

About this version of mupen not working, looks like if you make a clean install, it will make your gles2n64.conf unusable. At least was what happened to me.

So, here is what I modified that did the trick (the file is in /home/user/.mupen64plus - AND you'll need filebox OR midnightcommander OR xterm itself to go there).

At least in my case the config file was with all values put to 0.

You'll have to rename from ".txt" to ".conf".

Boemien 2011-04-10 13:22

Thanks Dude! I will test this config file and post my feedbacks!
EDIT: I tested it and it does not work. The application closes each time i want to launch a game. I replaced it by the original file, but now I can't launch any game. I have a sigsev error and the emulator freezes!!! I'm Obliged to reboot the Phone!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
RE-EDIT: I confirm that using your config file make a Sigsev bug in the emulator. I did a fresh install, then copied again your config file, the emulator started to bug and then The phone freezes!! So I don't know if other members will be interested by this, but USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! Thanks for your effort by the way!! :cool:

Deaconclgi 2011-04-25 12:32

Hello everyone,

Are there any new developments for the emulator plug ins in the works? All I can find is information on the Android N64 emu that was pulled. I do see that that emu runs smoother with better sound. According to the posts here, it appears that the developer did not share the source.

Any hopes of someone finding out what was don't to make that one run better?

Thank you,

javispedro 2011-04-25 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi (Post 994991)
Are there any new developments for the emulator plug ins in the works?

There is a new version of the Adventus' graphics plugin around that implements frame rate skipping, so it increases playability and potentially sound quality at the cost of more choppiness.

However, I can not do any work on this at all until next month earliest. Too busy at the moment :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi (Post 994991)
All I can find is information on the Android N64 emu that was pulled. I do see that that emu runs smoother with better sound. According to the posts here, it appears that the developer did not share the source.

Where did you make the test? AFAIK, it was unbearably slow -- the official reason it was pulled is that "the developer behind it" is "rewriting the core modules" (aka he already made enough money -- more than $50,000 -- and decided to discard everything before the GPL lawsuits start).

Boemien 2011-04-25 13:53

Until Next month??? :eek::eek::eek:
Thanks anyway for the news!! :(

kemar7856 2011-05-09 02:54

need help something happened to my emulator only gls2 0.04 is showing and now there is no video emulating in the plugins 0.04 is selected I tried using the custom config and reinstalling it but nothing is working when I run the game I only get a black screen

AgogData 2011-05-14 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemar7856 (Post 1002475)
need help something happened to my emulator only gls2 0.04 is showing and now there is no video emulating in the plugins 0.04 is selected I tried using the custom config and reinstalling it but nothing is working when I run the game I only get a black screen

same here, the emulator doesn't work anymore. just a black screen with gles2 title and after 2 tries my phone freezes and i had to remove the battery and putting it back so i can use my phone again like any person who doesn't have the new N64 emulator..waiting for the update

Nokia 5700 2011-05-20 12:11

Try running form the command line. Works for me. ;)
I think the GUI is broken.

Also, will the Adventus plugin fix crashes?
I'm playing Ocarina of Time, and I have problems entering shops and Hyrule Market. If it wasn't for that, I'd say it's flawless, but obviously... Not at the moment.

Boemien 2011-05-20 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nokia 5700 (Post 1011000)
I'm playing Ocarina of Time, and I have problems entering shops and Hyrule Market. If it wasn't for that, I'd say it's flawless, but obviously... Not at the moment.

At least, you see shops and all of these. For me it's SIGSEV ERROR! loool! :D

Temporal 2011-05-20 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boemien (Post 1011270)
At least, you see shops and all of these. For me it's SIGSEV ERROR! loool! :D

About the sigserv error:
Would you mind to tell me the exact steps you make to start a rom?

Because if you either click 2 times too fast or start via the run in the gui, you get the sigserv, BUT, at least for me, if I SELECT the rom, and then click a second time, gentile BUT firm, it will start with no problems. BUT I can do it only 2 or 3 consecutive times, otherwise, it will sigserv anyway.