maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   DialCentral 0.9.0 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=27319)

epage 2009-05-30 21:14

Re: DialCentral 0.9.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunanson (Post 292229)
sorry, now I cannot accepting incoming call. I am sure it is some simple setup, some of you can take me thru.

It rings and ask to press 1 to accept call or 4 to have chat service. It is my internetcall program that lights up and the DMTF dial pad is grey out. So

1) how can i get the dialcentral, instead of the built-in internetcall,to answer incoming call
2) where can i get the dial pad to press 1 or 4?

What SIP client are you using?

As a sad note, DialCentral, not being a sip client, cannot have its dialpad used for this process. I've heard people complain about how long it takes to get to RTComms dialpad up.

With my cell phone I've had the unfortunate experience lately of pressing "1" and it not recognizing it. I'm heading over to GoogleVoice to see about sending in feedback on that aspect.

bunanson 2009-05-30 21:33

gizmo5 is the sip client
bun

epage 2009-05-30 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunanson (Post 292236)
gizmo5 is the sip client
bun

I'd like to give a shout out for anyone using Gizmo who might be help to help bunanson with Gizmo/DTMF issues. For some odd reason, recently I havent been able to even get inbound SIP calls and so I can't really debug this issue.

bunanson 2009-05-30 22:07

Thanks for the shouting...., I think almighty may have heard you.

Getting close,.....

Nothing to do with Gizmo5.

Very easy, maybe.

When the phone rings, click the blinking rectangle, it opens a chat page
and, as simple as it is, you press 1 or 4 and click enter, it will send a dial tone of the number, and presto, you are connected! And it is almost impossible to do it without practice, it waits only 3 seconds before you accept the call, it will then automatically turns on the recording, the sip phone is unavailable, please leave a message...... Maybe I have to go googlevoice/setting to make the ring a little longer, but it is getting there :-)

Now, it is close, but no cigar. It connected, and I can hear great quality communication from the tablet and the cellphone, but the cell phone side hears nothing. Well, I think it just takes a lot of tuning to get it working. I will continue play with it a little bit later, now, I have to cook dinner, my honey already complaint, that my affair with the tablet is much longer than my affair with her.....and she is NOT happy.

Edit: Totally working, this time for real, and I promise to leave epage to have a very quiet/peaceful/calm weekend.........starting NOW!

Apparantly due to the short ring time, one end connection is NOT good, if you answer call too late. So, what I did, this is hilarious, I would have the cellphone called once, and missed the call, but to leave the chat page open. then when the cellphone called the second time, i can press 1 right away, without having to wait for the chat page to show up, this one I caught it in time, had a successful 2 way communication of the tablet and the cellphone. Kind of wonder, why all 148 posts, does not seem to have this problem. Now, the last step, probably is go to the PC to have the googlevoice/setting put the ring a touch longer than 3 second, if there is such option

bun

mrdally204 2009-05-30 23:43

bun, log into your gizmo5 account and disable the answering system for gizmo5 . sounds like that is picking up for you. also I am using the built in sip client from Nokia. its still a pain to input the press 1 but you eventually get quick with it. try out the disable first if that doesnt work the internal sip client may be the next step.
epage you are the man. thanks for the constant updates. the 2hdw is more than enough and names with the messages are going to bring tears to my eyes. I can't thank u enough!

bunanson 2009-05-31 12:12

well, in order to make my honey use this thing called dialcentral, she wants to use 'contacts'. How can I get that? On 0.9.8, one of the blue square is call Contacts. You clicked it, it showed None/All Contacts/Google Voice, but there is none phone no. or name show up. How do I make a contact list in DC? I do have some contacts on GoogleVoice on the PC desktop and I also have some contacts on the Tablet under Menu>Communication>Contacts. How do I get it into DC? TIA,

bun

Laughing Man 2009-05-31 14:59

Open dialcentral, give it a few seconds to load the default # and contacts (or rather scrape them). You can tell it has done when the account section lists your callback #.

Go to contacts and then use the drop down to select Google Voice contacts. (or GrandCentral if you use that). The same contacts will show up from the web version (PC desktop version?) of Google Voice. No idea how to call people in the default contacts though. You can try adding them to a csv file but I've found that to be a headache (at least with Evolution).

bunanson 2009-05-31 18:20

Thanks, yes, it showed up after a couple of hrs of building contacts on the googlevoice/PC web site. And it now in Contacts of DC and my honey can click to dial. Mission completely accomplished. Thank you ALL.

bun

heavyt 2009-05-31 21:28

9.8 this not remember Callback Number

I have to inter my callback number every time I start DialCentral 9.8. It remembers my username/password, Contacts and Recents. If I go to GC mobile web page my callback number is still set.

On N800 using GrandCentral not GoogleVoice.

Laughing Man 2009-06-01 02:32

I use to have to do that all the time (reselect my callback #) but with the latest version it seems to automatically stay on the one I want. So that works. I'm using Google Voice.