maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Maemo meeting in Kokemäki: CANCELLED!!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100921)

catbus 2020-01-15 22:06

Re: Maemo/N900 meeting in Finland?

We have Areena also here in Seinäjoki... ;)

ric9K 2020-01-15 23:18

Would come for sure but am too far.
Not many people respond present though...
And if you try to name it "How to transit from N900 to Pro1 without pain?" :D

Maemish 2020-01-16 05:22

I would not wanna come to that meeting (not having Pro1 and not gonna have soon). No banned subjects though except maybe TMO rules "No politics, no religion".

How many for:

A. Evening

B. Overnight

C. Weekend

And:

D. With sauna

mr_pingu 2020-01-16 20:15

It's not finland but stockholm would be doable for me now I am living in Norway. Actually, just checking, flying to helsinki is doable (financially) as well, as never been in that city I might take it as city trip aswell.

nonsuch 2020-01-16 20:46

I vote A. & definitely D. :D

On second thought:
If this attracts people from outside capital region I am of course not opposed to a longer meeting!

And I don't think we need forum rules IRL - nothing nicer than discussing politics after 5 crafty IPAs :o whatever you say, it's not enshrined forever on the www.

Does bashing Stephen Elop count as
a) politics
b) nostalgia
c) hacktivism
???

Maemish 2020-01-16 21:50

Bashing Stephen Elop is highly recommended. If this becomes as a weekend trip (fri-su) would someone has a summer cottage to use? My parents have one but it is in Kokemäki, 2.5h driving from the capital. But there would be enough space and a sauna. A small one (three at the time when not family members). It would be free to use and sleeping places to at least for 11 I think, couple more if needed. Three separate cottages on the same yard. With heating.

nonsuch 2020-01-18 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemish (Post 1564430)
My parents have one but it is in Kokemäki, 2.5h driving from the capital. But there would be enough space and a sauna.

That sounds about perfect!
Not in january though...

I don't have one.

Is it possible to have polls on TMO, to gauge how much serious interest there is?

Maemish 2020-01-18 20:57

Juiceme already suggested the same. Never made one so I don't know yet how. Any hints?

And I think maybe february-march axel. Opinion? O

ric9K 2020-01-18 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsuch (Post 1564488)
That sounds about perfect!
Not in january though...

I don't have one.

Is it possible to have polls on TMO, to gauge how much serious interest there is?

If you make a doodle, you can even set a schedule to check who'd be present and when.
doodle.com

peterleinchen 2020-01-18 23:08

If you want a poll you can do it this way:
create a new thread, scroll down to the bottom and there you will find a little select box labeled 'poll', activate it and then iirc you will be asked in a second step about the poll question and options...

But this is only possible when about to create a thread.

I wish you all a lot of fun! :)