maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Annouce] HealthCheck - Hardware/System checker for the N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45453)

Venomrush 2010-02-22 19:36

Re: [Annouce] HealthCheck - Hardware/System checker for the N900

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobmonkey (Post 541575)
could get it working for now, but knowing nokia they might go and change the format ;)

I doubt that, think they're too lazy to go change this, they've been pretty consistant ;)

noobmonkey 2010-02-22 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomrush (Post 541582)
I doubt that, think they're too lazy to go change this, they've been pretty consistant ;)

Lol very true - have added it to the ToDo list :D

Will probably add it all to a ListWidget to save some memory and loading time, using a load of labels at the moment :|

By the sounds of it, although very slow, it is working for people?!

V0.5.0-2 - correct verion numbers in Auto-builder Queue at the moment.

bierlaagh 2010-02-22 19:44

installed from the extra dev also can select it from progams. it does its vanishing trick but never appears again. PR 1.1.1 changed theme bach to normal but stilldoes not appear.

noobmonkey 2010-02-22 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bierlaagh (Post 541595)
installed from the extra dev also can select it from progams. it does its vanishing trick but never appears again. PR 1.1.1 changed theme bach to normal but stilldoes not appear.

oooooOOoo - random! ..... i know v 5 has a slightly longer (3/4 seconds) vanishing act....

Just upgrading to the latest version and testing again. (i'm on 1.1.1 too) - global generic version.

noobmonkey 2010-02-22 19:48

Ok, well V 0.5.0-2 - the dissapearing act is a little quicker :) - but definitely re-loads :)

bier, can you please try a reboot?

noobmonkey 2010-02-22 19:57

Also, need a mod to change the title pretty please :) - mis-spelt Announce! - doh!!
right, time to head out for dinner i feel! - :D

TA-t3 2010-02-23 15:05

This looks like an interesting application.
The image has a field 'GPS Position' -- does it activate the GPS for that? Because I never ever activate it.. I prefer to keep it off at all times (save trouble and battery), as I use an external BT for my GPS needs.

noobmonkey 2010-02-23 15:17

Yup activates it and then switches it off, takes about 4 seconds......

nexus_7 2010-02-23 23:25

Interesting little project roughly along the same lines as Conky although it looks like you are making it to be more interactive.

noobmonkey 2010-02-23 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexus_7 (Post 543484)
Interesting little project roughly along the same lines as Conky although it looks like you are making it to be more interactive.

hehe yeah, bit more varied :D - conky is very good at what it does, healthcheck should also basic tests to prove the N900 has all it's bits working :) - as well as running some basic commands to free up space :)

Just building a new version at the moment :)