maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Maemo Mapper v2.0 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=11245)

TPC 2007-11-02 13:17

Re: Maemo Mapper v2.0

I have the same problem as consean, auto rotate works, but when I turn off auto rotating I can't get it to reset to north as up, it just stays the way it last was. The buttons in the view -> rotate menu doesn't seem to work at all, except for the one that turns on and off auto rotating.

TPC 2007-11-02 13:29

Another bug I noticed, when you zoom out you can go to zoom level 16, altought it bumps you back to the previous one right away since its not a valid level, but it displays zoom level 16 in the upper right info message for a second, when it should stop at 15.

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerojay (Post 89629)
Congrats on the big release. About to install it. :)

Using View -> Go to -> Address... if I type in my home address, it pops up the autocomplete list, but won't actually let me choose it.

Unfortunately, due to the quirky nature of Hildon, you can't use the mouse to select choices from the auto-complete list. You have to use the D-Pad. I know, it sucks. :-/

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunanson (Post 89631)
Thank you gnuite. Installed in N800 without a glitch. Runs very smooth. Have not checked all the functions. I like the POI, they are great. One small bug? After dl POI, if press OK, it will dl another round of POI exactly the same, and if press OK again it will dl another one, until cancel is pressed. Is that suppose to be? After 4 times, I have 4X of exactly POI in my database.

After viewing and dismissing the "POI List" dialog, you are returned to the "Download POI" dialog in case you want to download more POI. You can change the Page number to get the next page of results, or you can create an entirely new query. Do you think it makes more sense to not go back to the "Download POI" dialog? I had it coded that way at first, but found myself wanting to download POI in batches, and it became a pain to keep going back to the menu....

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunanson (Post 89632)
One more, POI problem. After dl dining, the second time, one wants to querry fuel. The category field will change, but the querry field remains the same as last querry, POI dl results in previous querry instead of the current one.

When you select a category, the query field is only set if you don't have anything already in the query field. I thought it would be rude to replace the user's query. I guess I could check if the query was auto-generated and replace it if it were....

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-R (Post 89642)
- The number of pages doesn't seem to affect the result, i always get 10 restaurants...

Yes, you will always get 10 results. The page number just determines which set of 10 that you get. Page 1 is results 1-10, Page 2 is 11-20, etc.

Quote:

- zoom level seems to change the result even though it's based on a GPS location or end point.

I'll look into this. Zoom should not have an effect on the results.

Quote:

- Some times i get different POI names for the same place, but i guess that's not a bug but a "feature" from your POI source :-)

Yeah, I can't help you there, you'll see the same duplicates on Google Local. Sorry. :-/

Quote:

- The category menu that goes into query can only fill query when it is empty, after that you have to delete it by hand and use the menu again... (minor but, might as well make this bug report useful ;)

I didn't want to automatically replace any query that the user may have entered, so selecting a category only modifies the query field if it is empty.

Quote:

How is POI working actually? i seems to go to a cgi to your site? i get very interesting restaurant results in the area that i can confirm :-)

It's based on the same data that you get when you use Google Local. In fact, if you perform the same search on Google Local, you should get the same results.

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnx (Post 89646)
I'm having trouble adding POIs. I click and hold on the map, select location -> add POI ... . I then put in my information, click Ok and maemo-mapper closes. When I run it from the command line I get this this output as it dies:
Code:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x000538d8 ***
Aborted

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into it.

Green_Star 2007-11-02 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPC (Post 89739)
I have the same problem as consean, auto rotate works, but when I turn off auto rotating I can't get it to reset to north as up, it just stays the way it last was. The buttons in the view -> rotate menu doesn't seem to work at all, except for the one that turns on and off auto rotating.

There should be some option like reset the view, that solves your problem to reset the view. I tried that number of times after turning off auto-rotate, it works like camp.

Good luck.

Thanks to gnuite for giving me this wonderful program.

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by consean (Post 89702)
Have install ok on N800, look great. Auto rotate works but I can not switch back to N up. Have tried the reset , clockwise and counter from the menu but the map does not rotate.

Hm. Woops? I think I may have broken those menu items. In the meantime, you can map the same actions to hardware keys. In fact, the new default setup for the D-Pad is the following:

Up: Reset Viewpoint
Down: Toggle Auto-Rotate
Left: Rotate counter-clockwise
Right: Rotate clockwise

gnuite 2007-11-02 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPC (Post 89747)
Another bug I noticed, when you zoom out you can go to zoom level 16, altought it bumps you back to the previous one right away since its not a valid level, but it displays zoom level 16 in the upper right info message for a second, when it should stop at 15.

Thanks. I'll fix that.