maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   News (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thanks! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=13428)

HalSF 2007-12-19 17:30

Re: Thanks!

I can grumble and mumble with the best of them about my missing Evince and Skype functionality, about buggy app downloading, about the PIM void, etc. etc. -- but I was glad to see the RogerS post at the top of this thread, and I'll add my two cents. The Nokia N800 was my first foray into the LInux universe, and all confusion and frustration aside it's been a great experience to find the great help and intelligence and support here at ITT and at maemo.org and at all the developers' sites and blogs out there. Once some of that new and updated software makes it one OS2008 I'm going to be happier than ever with this platform. Meanwhile, the community is great. Happy Holidays to everybody!

RogerS 2007-12-19 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greyghost (Post 111204)
Of course there are so many more unnamed, but to all, I say again, thank you very much.

Heck, let's get their names named, both those working at Nokia and those who contribute here in the forums at ITT and in providing software!

Roger

xxM5xx 2007-12-19 18:00

Well said RogerS. I second PenguinBait's comments as well....MaemoMapper from Gnuite (John) is one well done application !

free 2007-12-19 23:02

Thanks to:
* Fanoush
* Penguinbait
* Serge

statwrangler 2007-12-20 01:01

I second the motion regarding all of those mentioned above. I would include those that have helped through their contributions to ITT. The list is long but special thanks go to Flegg, Milhouse and Texrat for their extaordinary longstanding support.

Texrat 2007-12-20 02:10

Wow, thanks yourself, stat!

In addition to those mentioned, I want to single out my partner zerojay for his own tireless advocacy, as well as the incorrigible "Belgie", Karel, for keeping us all honest. ;)

frethop 2007-12-20 02:54

Let me add my thanks to everyone else's. I am very grateful to the tireless advocates of this type of machine -- both in Nokia and outside to us and others. Thanks to you folks, this platform and these devices have just gotten better and better.

I just returned from some international travel. It's the first time I dared go without a laptop. From email with Modest, phoning with Skype, tracking with Maemo Mapper, watching videos with mplayer, etc etc, I'm quite amazed at this little device.

So I'm also grateful to all those who continue to push this platform: those who go exploring and testing and trying things just because they can. And to those developers whose mental wheels are spinning...keep the stuff coming.

Thanks. And Happy Holidays.

-- Mike

Aisu 2007-12-20 03:15

Oh dear, a huge list, hm, but, on the top of mine would be Penguinbait (Attracted an innumerable amount of non-tablet users to look at the ITs), Texrat(constantly giving everyone here tidbits and teases from Nokia), and Quim(ITT's inside advocate and all around good guy) . Three of the most talented and involved members of the community.

Thanks! :D

kady 2007-12-20 04:15

This must be where I can say thanks for all the work on this little machine. To add to the above deserving folks:

The OS has been reinvented/improved twice since I bought it, making it like a new machine. Thanks for the detailed instructions to be found for loading software and upgrading and the search function that allows me to find stuff without adding to the clutter of the How do I.../Just real quick, tell me x and it better be easy.

Every time I start to consider selling my N800 due to money constraints, usually that day something cool will come out and I keep it.

Best wishes, all.

Kady

Greyghost 2007-12-20 04:43

Well, I don't know many names, and memory will fail me so please forgive me if you are remembered in a subsequent post, but here's my current short list:

Gnuite, Penguinbait, Zerojay, Texrat, Reggie, Fanoush, Karel, Milhouse, Aisu, General Antilles and last but not least, Ari Jaaksi.

Your posts, apps and help have been most appreciated in the few months I've been following this forum.

Edit: Yep, I forgot Thoughtfix, whose enthusiasm I found most encouraging and Hedgecore, for posting in the philosophical range.

O yes, and hats off to the Brazilians, especially, except Handful, whose diligent posting has kept us sane, if not still impatient, while waiting for Canola2 (now downloading:)