maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Terminal Command to take picture? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38149)

bocaJ 2009-12-23 21:07

Re: Terminal Command to take picture?

thanks folks, ended up going with the facebook effect, but next time...

R-R 2009-12-23 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by qole (Post 439497)
Code:

sleep 5 s
gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! pngenc ! filesink location=$1.png

Funny how sleep 5 s doesn't work on a desktop i thought it was a mistake as it should just read "sleep 5" but works on the n900... weird version :-)

Ricardo 2009-12-24 20:42

I think jpegenc is much faster - sometimes the image is captured in just 2s.

I wrote a small intervalometer for the N900 in Perl - you might take a look if you are interested.

j.s 2009-12-24 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-R (Post 439561)
Funny how sleep 5 s doesn't work on a desktop i thought it was a mistake as it should just read "sleep 5" but works on the n900... weird version :-)

But sleep 5s (or sleep 1m), no space between number and units, does work in destop linux, but not on n900. I think the n900 ignores the second argument. Try sleep 1 m on the n900.

schettj 2009-12-24 22:26

sleep is provided via busybox on the n900, so it's not the standard *nix sleep, it's the busybox version.

j.s 2009-12-24 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 440842)
sleep is provided via busybox on the n900, so it's not the standard *nix sleep, it's the busybox version.

My point was that the " s" in qole's examples
sleep 1 s
is superfluous at best. The n900 busybox sleep ignores it and it is gratuitously incompatible with standard sleep.

In addition, the busybox sleep for at least one 2008 distribution for the openmoko freerunner handles commands like
sleep 5s
sleep 1m
correctly.

rm53 2010-02-20 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by qole (Post 439497)
So: first rig up some kind of a tripod system. Then take a picture of the scene with the camera app, with the flash disabled. Finally, run a little script that waits 5 or 10 seconds then takes a picture, something like

Code:

sleep 5
gst-launch v4l2src ! ffmpegcolorspace ! pngenc ! filesink location=$1.png

Ideally, you should add a gstreamer command line at the end to play the shutter sound, so you know the photo has been taken...

I tried this, but got error
erroneous pipeline: no element "pngenc"

what to do?

jozeph 2010-02-21 12:57

Hello,

I'm developing an application that will require to take a picture from the front camera. I'm testing it using the gstreamer on video1, but the picture is completely black. I test my front camera using that Mirror application and it's working great.

How to take a legible picture from front camera using gstreamer? :D

jozeph 2010-02-22 16:01

No suggestions about how to take a picture legible? My pictures using this command line is completely black....

stefanmohl 2010-02-22 19:02

Just a tip: If anyone is getting:

ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element 'v412src'.

(or 'v412camsrc')

you have mistyped an 'l' as a '1' (i.e. you wrote the number '1' when it should have been the small caps letter 'l')

The correct spelling is: v4l2src, where the character after '4' is the letter 'l'