maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   N9/x0: share how-to/workaround/mod/app/other (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78598)

ossipena 2011-10-12 05:32

Re: N9 owners: answer questions & get help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marxian (Post 1107070)
:eek: So carriers are branding the N9 with their own crap. :(

You might need to flash an unbranded firmware image in order to get rid of it (I hope this is possible on simlocked or branded devices).

that might not work, keep in mind that N9 isn't anymore no limits device such as N900.

one could try one click flasher beta 2 if he/she wants to jump back to earlier OS version.. but there is no guarantee that one can come back from there (until a flasher and images are released...)

don't do that if you don't know exactly what could happend...

ossipena 2011-10-12 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 (Post 1107324)
Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but there are 2 settings of same name (Allow Background Connections) hidden in these 2 settings pane

Internet connection
Mobile network

it seems that those two are just the same setting. disable it in another place and it shows disabled in another place too etc. (at least with beta 2 fw)

Hakki_01 2011-10-12 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by toki (Post 1107338)
however, all my apps freeze.. as in, i cant see if webpages are loading or finished loading

that 's an important issue for me too! How can you multitask correctly if page shows unloaded website in multitask view.. Don't mind the compass though

mece 2011-10-12 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakki_01 (Post 1107376)
that 's an important issue for me too! How can you multitask correctly if page shows unloaded website in multitask view.. Don't mind the compass though

on my N950 you can see the blue progressbar in the multitasking window which tells you if the page is loaded. the page isn't rendered tho.

marrat 2011-10-12 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mece (Post 1107381)
on my N950 you can see the blue progressbar in the multitasking window which tells you if the page is loaded. the page isn't rendered tho.

Yes, I see the progress bar, too , but not the page itself... I think this is the same thing as in video player, where the application itself is coded this, maybe to save resources while minimized. Other apps, like the store stay fully active (while downloading and installing some app) while they are in the background and there I can see everything that's going on also in the multitasking view.

brodos 2011-10-12 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by marrat (Post 1106665)
Edit: After hard reset, everything works fine again... will watch this... if anyone else runs into this problem, please raise your hands... then we should maybe raise a bug with Nokia.

How did u do the hard reset?

Hakki_01 2011-10-12 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mece (Post 1107381)

you are right.. didn't notice it.. thx for the tip!

marrat 2011-10-12 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodos (Post 1107394)
How did u do the hard reset?

Under settings, the last entry is "reset". Then choose the second button "reset device". It then completely formats /home/user and /home/user/MyDocs (don't know if / is also formatted) and restores the default settings into those.

The first button "Restore settings" did not work out for me, the error was still there then.

But beware! You lose all your pictures, music and also installed apps. It needs some time, don't touch the device during this. After it has finished, when it is booting up it is like you first started is (all settings have to be done again).

Edit: It's two days now since I did this and until now I didn't run into problems anymore... However, didn't activate Developer Mode or such since then, too...

brodos 2011-10-12 09:40

Thanks marrat!

I thought there was a three finger reset or so...You know...in case you brick your N9

slai 2011-10-12 10:11

thats why im waiting for a flasher. any news on that?