maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [DEVEL] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo5, Harmattan and Sailfish OS (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84753)

taixzo 2015-07-19 16:25

Re: [DEVEL] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo5 and Harmattan

Quote:

Originally Posted by carepack (Post 1477194)

Ok, it seems to be a Unicode problem - do you have a contact with a ü in their name? I will try to fix this.

taixzo 2015-07-19 17:20

I uploaded a new build which should hopefully fix the problem.

peterleinchen 2015-07-19 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1477193)
Oh, excellent! It was espeak.sourceforge.net/ that's inaccessible. I will try and release a new build with espeak bundled today.

Perfect.
Do not forget about portaudio (just a hint :))

taixzo 2015-07-19 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1477209)
Perfect.
Do not forget about portaudio (just a hint :))

The only RPMs I found of espeak were actually missing portaudio support, so right now the way it works is that espeak generate a .wav file which is played by gstreamer. No portaudio required.

heubergen 2015-07-19 19:38

Hi taixzo

I'm stucking at Initializing speech recognition,
here is my log:
http://pastebin.com/yK80Uqjq

speak is installed, 3g data, wifi and location is active.

taixzo 2015-07-19 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by heubergen (Post 1477225)
Hi taixzo

I'm stucking at Initializing speech recognition,
here is my log:
http://pastebin.com/yK80Uqjq

speak is installed, 3g data, wifi and location is active.

Is there anything before that? It seems to start where you hit ctrl+c in the terminal.

(I should really make a proper logging function, it will make these mucj easier.)

heubergen 2015-07-19 19:51

Yeah it starts then, but when I click on the microphone it doesn't record.
So if I say something, nothing happens.

taixzo 2015-07-19 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by heubergen (Post 1477227)
Yeah it starts then, but when I click on the microphone it doesn't record.
So if I say something, nothing happens.

What I mean is that the log starts at that point. Is there anything in the log before what is on pastebin.

heubergen 2015-07-19 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1477228)
What I mean is that the log starts at that point. Is there anything in the log before what is on pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/rinUfV7b

taixzo 2015-07-19 20:47

I have uploaded a new version which should fix that issue.

heubergen 2015-07-19 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1477238)
I have uploaded a new version which should fix that issue.

Works for me now, thanks!

carepack 2015-07-20 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1477199)
Ok, it seems to be a Unicode problem - do you have a contact with a ü in their name? I will try to fix this.

hi taixzo,

it isn't fixed in my case. unicode problems are present with additional error message:

Name contains Unicode string

Connecting to pyjulius server
ERROR: Error in loading model

And yes, i got names with ü, ä or something else

Thx for further investigation

edit:
with version 2.0-5

edit2:
seara was hanging on the above error message. after pressing strg+c more output was geenrated:

http://pastebin.com/wE82wirb

Greendts 2015-07-20 12:08

Re: [DEVEL] Saera: Siri clone for Maemo5, Harmattan and Sailfish OS

Can someone please share how to install espeak, I'd love to use Saera, but I'm not smart enough to know how.

carepack 2015-07-20 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greendts (Post 1477291)
Can someone please share how to install espeak, I'd love to use Saera, but I'm not smart enough to know how.

you have warehouse installed? Of course i think. Enter espeak in the search field and install it. But maybe taixzo arleady included espeak in the new versions.

Greendts 2015-07-20 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by carepack (Post 1477293)
you have warehouse installed? Of course i think. Enter espeak in the search field and install it. But maybe taixzo arleady included espeak in the new versions.

I can't believe how stupid I feel, why didn't I just look... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ;)

carepack 2015-07-20 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greendts (Post 1477297)
I can't believe how stupid I feel, why didn't I just look... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ;)

np :-). I think you're not the only one. It could happen!

Vento 2015-07-20 17:00

can this been imporved with the new service from soundhound? http://www.soundhound.com/houndify

taixzo 2015-07-20 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vento (Post 1477377)
can this been imporved with the new service from soundhound? http://www.soundhound.com/houndify

I addressed this a page or two back: it is an interesting option, but the API is invite-only. I applied for it a month ago and have not received an invite yet; I will investigate it further when I do.

arthurhkt 2015-07-21 02:58

Guys, I am stuck on the Initializing speech recognition... any ideas? :(

lfc22 2015-07-21 05:14

Is the latest build available for N9?

arthurhkt 2015-07-21 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthurhkt (Post 1477431)
Guys, I am stuck on the Initializing speech recognition... any ideas? :(

Any guys could help me here? :D :(

Greendts 2015-07-21 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthurhkt (Post 1477435)
Any guys could help me here? :D :(

Me too, best thing is to be patient and wait for dev to speak ;)

arthurhkt 2015-07-24 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greendts (Post 1477444)
Me too, best thing is to be patient and wait for dev to speak ;)

It been few day and it seem like no answer from anyone :( :confused:

br4ndo 2015-07-24 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthurhkt (Post 1477765)

Hi, I first installed portaudio then espeak and last Saera. All from Warehouse. Works like a charm.

taixzo 2015-07-24 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by arthurhkt (Post 1477765)

I am out of town until Monday with pretty much no internet connection, which is why I haven't been able to help people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfc22 (Post 1477433)
Is the latest build available for N9?

Not yet, the N9 port still needs a bunch of fixes to be properly useable.

Also, I made a video of the release version, since my last video of it on Sailfish was the old version with buggy scrolling.

HtheB 2015-07-24 21:25

taixzo, I haven't also gotten to get it to work.
I've got some weird errors on when pressing the microphone button. Nothing happens.

Here is the log output:
Code:

[nemo@Jolla ~]$ harbour-saera
[D] QQmlDebuggingEnabler::QQmlDebuggingEnabler:1455 - QML debugging is enabled.                                                                                                                                                              Only use this in a safe environment.
[D] QWaylandEglClientBufferIntegration::QWaylandEglClientBufferIntegration:62 -                                                                                                                                                              Using Wayland-EGL
[D] onCompleted:48 - testing

(tracker-sparql:23950): Tracker-WARNING **: Locale '0' is not set, defaulting to                                                                                                                                                              C locale
[D] QPythonPriv::formatExc:612 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call                                                                                                                                                              last):

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/saera2.py", line 50, in <module>
    import sailfish_hw as platform

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 178, in <module                                                                                                                                                            >
    regen_music()

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 99, in regen_mu                                                                                                                                                            sic
    index_of_last_comma = l[0].rindex(',')

ValueError: substring not found
"
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Cannot import module: saera2 (Traceback (most re                                                                                                                                                            cent call last):

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/saera2.py", line 50, in <module>
    import sailfish_hw as platform

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 178, in <module                                                                                                                                                            >
    regen_music()

File "/usr/share/harbour-saera/qml/pages/sailfish_hw.py", line 99, in regen_mu                                                                                                                                                            sic
    index_of_last_comma = l[0].rindex(',')

ValueError: substring not found
)
[D] QPythonPriv::formatExc:612 - "PyOtherSide error: Traceback (most recent call                                                                                                                                                              last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

NameError: name 'saera2' is not defined
"
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.initialize' (Traceba                                                                                                                                                            ck (most recent call last):

)

"

"
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.set_position' (Trace                                                                                                                                                            back (most recent call last):

)
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.pause_daemons' (Trac                                                                                                                                                            eback (most recent call last):

)

"

"
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.resume_daemons' (Tra                                                                                                                                                            ceback (most recent call last):

)
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.activate' (Traceback                                                                                                                                                              (most recent call last):

)

"
[D] onError:210 - Python error: Function not found: 'saera2.check_can_listen' (T                                                                                                                                                            raceback (most recent call last):

)

taixzo 2015-07-24 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1477838)
taixzo, I haven't also gotten to get it to work.
I've got some weird errors on when pressing the microphone button. Nothing happens.

Here is the log output:

<snip>

That's odd, either tracker-sparql is returning results in a different format or something else is up. Could you send me the result of executing
Code:

tracker-sparql -q "SELECT ?title ?artist ?url
WHERE { ?song a nmm:MusicPiece . ?song nie:title ?title . ?song nmm:performer ?aName . ?aName nmm:artistName ?artist . ?song nie:url ?url . }"

in a terminal?

HtheB 2015-07-24 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1477854)
That's odd, either tracker-sparql is returning results in a different format or something else is up. Could you send me the result of executing
Code:

tracker-sparql -q "SELECT ?title ?artist ?url
WHERE { ?song a nmm:MusicPiece . ?song nie:title ?title . ?song nmm:performer ?aName . ?aName nmm:artistName ?artist . ?song nie:url ?url . }"

in a terminal?

Code:

[nemo@Jolla ~]$ tracker-sparql -q "SELECT ?title ?artist ?url
> WHERE { ?song a nmm:MusicPiece . ?song nie:title ?title . ?song nmm:performer ?aName . ?aName nmm:artistName ?artist . ?song nie:url ?url . }"

(tracker-sparql:26443): Tracker-WARNING **: Locale '0' is not set, defaulting to C locale
Results:
  None

taixzo 2015-07-25 00:01

Thank you, it appears I didn't handle the case where there are no songs in tracker. I will fix that for Monday's update.

carepack 2015-07-25 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1477869)
Thank you, it appears I didn't handle the case where there are no songs in tracker. I will fix that for Monday's update.

Hi taixzo,

you haven't said something about my post. Not seen?

Here is the problem and the log:
hi taixzo,

it isn't fixed in my case. unicode problems are present with additional error message:

Name contains Unicode string

Connecting to pyjulius server
ERROR: Error in loading model

And yes, i got names with ü, ä or something else

Thx for further investigation

edit:
with version 2.0-5

edit2:
seara was hanging on the above error message. after pressing strg+c more output was geenrated:

http://pastebin.com/wE82wirb

taixzo 2015-07-31 06:40

Sorry for the delay. I have fixed HtheB's issue, and will build a new package and upload tomorrow.
carepack: I am still looking into the cause of your bug, have not found a cause yet (haven't managed to reproduce yet despite adding contact names like Münøt, but still trying).

carepack 2015-07-31 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1478345)
Sorry for the delay. I have fixed HtheB's issue, and will build a new package and upload tomorrow.
carepack: I am still looking into the cause of your bug, have not found a cause yet (haven't managed to reproduce yet despite adding contact names like Münøt, but still trying).

taixzo,

thx for commenting and good debuggin! Take you're time :-)

taixzo 2015-07-31 21:58

I have uploaded a new build to OpenRepos. This should solve issues if you have no music or contacts on your device.

I have also added the ability to control CuteSpot as well as the default media player. It will control whichever player is open, defaulting to jolla mediaplayer if both or neither are.

taixzo 2015-08-01 04:20

Sneak peek of an upcoming feature: ask Saera what song is playing and it will be identified using audio fingerprinting.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLS7VnSWwAAiHOh.png

HtheB 2015-08-01 06:07

Thanks for the update!

Loading contacts takes ages to load :(
And after that, Initializing speech recognition never ends loading :(
Debug doesn't give me any errors...

Edit:
Maybe you should add a 'daemon' so it can run directly without loading once you close the window. (It would be very useful to do quick actions like when it's in the Pulley Menu at the lockscreen)

Boxeri 2015-08-02 06:42

Hello. Despite searching through the tread I have found no way to change Saeras weather information from fahrenheits to celcius. Is this even possible on Sailfish?

Nice app!

taixzo 2015-08-02 06:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1478419)
Thanks for the update!

Loading contacts takes ages to load :(
And after that, Initializing speech recognition never ends loading :(
Debug doesn't give me any errors...

Whoops, I just realized that my fix doesn't actually fix the error, as it happens two lines earlier than I thought. I am making a new version that will hopefully finally fix this bug once and for all. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1478419)
Edit:
Maybe you should add a 'daemon' so it can run directly without loading once you close the window. (It would be very useful to do quick actions like when it's in the Pulley Menu at the lockscreen)

I want to do this, although I haven't figured out yet how to make a PyOtherSide app work without the window open. I also would like to add a "listen" button to the bottom of the notifications panel (as it is accessible from everywhere with a single swipe), if I can ever figure out how. (It might be a patchmanager thing. I'm not sure there's an official Jolla api for adding persistent items to that view.)

Speaking of unofficial APIs, I found a hack to get bluetooth headset support working (i.e. you press headset button for Saera to start listening). The hack, though, is that you have to (as root) edit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf and change the line "HFP=true" to "HFP=false". That makes the button accessible to DBus, although I don't know what other effects it may have. I still have no idea how to talk to headsets in HFP mode.

taixzo 2015-08-02 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxeri (Post 1478482)
Hello. Despite searching through the tread I have found no way to change Saeras weather information from fahrenheits to celcius. Is this even possible on Sailfish?

Nice app!

Settings does not exist yet; this is planned though (including switches for fahrenheit/celcius, miles/kilometers, and settings for power usage vs response time). This should be coming in a future update.

brunelli 2015-08-02 12:30

Hey, I saw this on Engadget today and thought it may be of your interest:

Alexa Voice Service Now Available in Developer Preview

Quote:

The free Alexa Voice Service (AVS), the same service that powers Amazon Echo, is now available in developer preview to hobbyists and hardware makers who want to integrate Alexa into their connected devices. AVS enables your customers to speak to Alexa through the microphone on your device and Alexa will respond through the device’s speakers. With the developer preview, you get access to a collection of self-service tools, documentation, and APIs and code samples to enhance your device and delight your customers with new voice experiences. Alexa includes access to information, music, audiobooks, news, weather, traffic and more, including any custom skills you create using the Alexa Skills Kit to differentiate your device. Learn more about the developer preview.

Fuzzillogic 2015-08-02 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunelli (Post 1478504)
Hey, I saw this on Engadget today and thought it may be of your interest:

Alexa Voice Service Now Available in Developer Preview

That means off-board voice recognition, i.e. your voice and data on someone else's computer. No thanks.