maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   2.0.4/Fiskarsinjoki (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97647)

pichlo 2016-11-15 07:32

Re: 2.0.4/Fiskarsinjoki

Indeed. 12-13% in 8 hours, or about 1.5% per hour, is what I have been experiencing for the past two years. (That is when idle. When in use, such as during a browsing session, it is more like 1% per minute.) Unlike atlochowski, I have not observed any difference in any of the 15 or so OS updates during that time.

I absolutely agree with Dave that it is bad. My previous phone, Treo 600, lasted 8-9 days on a full charge. Of constant use, not idle. But there was no WiFi, so I am not sure how fair that comparison is.

hardy_magnus 2016-11-15 09:06

Thanks friends for sharing your views, I think the Jolla should make their Os more battery friendly and rest is ok . We do need "mark" feature more than Acl .

rob_kouw 2016-11-15 10:08

The system must be doing more than previously. At least I find Fiskarsinjoki often lagging in response on Jolla 1. Especially the lock screen is too slow to keep up with the numbers. A restart of the home screen is definitely slower.

According to System Monitor, the CPU load of last night was approximately 12,5% in airplane mode (using Situations). Wifi was on last night. This used to be much lower, I think.

Dave999 2016-11-15 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_kouw (Post 1518765)
The system must be doing more than previously. At least I find Fiskarsinjoki often lagging in response on Jolla 1. Especially the lock screen is too slow to keep up with the numbers. A restart of the home screen is definitely slower.

According to System Monitor, the CPU load of last night was approximately 12,5% in airplane mode (using Situations). Wifi was on last night. This used to be much lower, I think.

What if jolla doing this to make it easier to ditch support for old devices?

Better to do some bad code than get more devices sold than add extra fine tuning.

What speaking against this is that jolla absolutely no good hardware for sale. :D

Would be good with some proper hardware soon. (With 50% discount for all tablet backers.)

hardy_magnus 2016-11-20 07:21

I was drunk last night and when I woke up this morning my intex aqua fish was full of patches with developer mode on. Now Jolla store loads just few apps and I change font in theme app but nothing happens. What should I do now?

Ancelad 2016-11-20 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardy_magnus (Post 1519061)
I was drunk last night and when I woke up this morning my intex aqua fish was full of patches with developer mode on. Now Jolla store loads just few apps and I change font in theme app but nothing happens. What should I do now?

drink again :D

hardy_magnus 2016-11-20 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancelad (Post 1519065)
drink again :D

Yup, this is the best solution, " drink again and forget ".

rob_kouw 2016-11-20 20:37

"I tried to drown my sorrows, but my sorrows learned to swim"