maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Announce]Hildon desktop package which supports lock in portrait mode (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80644)

ed_boner 2011-12-05 16:05

Re: [Announce]Hildon desktop package which supports lock in portrait mode

..impolite and suspicious?!..all this guy did was to answer a need of many n900 users, and share it with all..maybe one or two bugs but in spite of that an exelent work...

MohammadAG 2011-12-05 16:34

While I dislike forks, I don't mind them, but for the purpose of not causing us issues with CSSU updates, DON'T change the version number, thanks.

udaychaitanya16 2011-12-05 17:17

After all, l32606 did something for himself and for the people who has interest in doing the same thing.Man, if some people dont find it amusing its best to keep away.This sort of self appointed guardianship doesn't look nice.It's best to be polite as MohammadAG always does.

freemangordon 2011-12-05 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed_boner (Post 1133553)
..impolite and suspicious?!..all this guy did was to answer a need of many n900 users, and share it with all..maybe one or two bugs but in spite of that an exelent work...

Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit (in the context of recent source code requests for LGPLed binaries). Why suspicious you may ask. Maybe some of you still remember epitaph's surprises, that is why.

Anyway my point was that h-d is a community project, not some abandoned piece of software and it will be better to contribute to it in a correct way, it will be much easier for all of us who care.

l32606, please take my apologies if you feel offended by my posts. Not intentionally. And I really appreciate your contribution to h-d and CSSU. It just will be better to do it right way.

Joseph9560 2011-12-05 19:28

exactly what I was searching for.Thanks a lot lot lot!

l32606 2011-12-06 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1133604)
Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit (in the context of recent source code requests for LGPLed binaries). Why suspicious you may ask. Maybe some of you still remember epitaph's surprises, that is why.

Anyway my point was that h-d is a community project, not some abandoned piece of software and it will be better to contribute to it in a correct way, it will be much easier for all of us who care.

l32606, please take my apologies if you feel offended by my posts. Not intentionally. And I really appreciate your contribution to h-d and CSSU. It just will be better to do it right way.

It's OK, freemangordon.

You know I am a newbie here and maybe not familiar with the rules to commit the change, but I have confidence in my change. So when I saw your reply first, I do not know why you said that. But now I got it.

I think all of us here share a common purpose that make the community better. So I wish I have the chance to do the contribution.

trisha02 2011-12-06 09:55

so how to uninstall dis new desktop and install the cssu one.

vi_ 2011-12-06 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by trisha02 (Post 1133892)
so how to uninstall dis new desktop and install the cssu one.

U hav 2 reflash ur fone.

strange1712 2011-12-06 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 1133896)
U hav 2 reflash ur fone.

Jajaja, don't be so evil...

TransTech 2011-12-06 13:55

To everybody (cssu developers) who need the source code please download it from...

@l32606: thank you for mailing me the source code... please move the source code link to your first post.

>>>DOWNLOAD SOURCE CODE HERE:<<<
http://www.4shared.com/file/N7Cmmrye...rait_Lock.html