maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   OS2008 / Maemo 4 / Chinook - Diablo (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   [Announce] advanced-systemui (ASUI) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63292)

tso 2010-10-08 13:57

Re: [Announce] advanced-systemui

Code:

xrr: supported (90 148 1.2)
dbus: listening...
dbus: received message type = signal
        sender = org.freedesktop.DBus
        serial = 0x2
        destination = :1.154
        path = /org/freedesktop/DBus
        interface = org.freedesktop.DBus
        member = NameAcquired
        wants reply? = no
        reply serial = 0x0
        signature = s

and nothing happens wheen i press the power button

auouymous 2010-10-08 21:19

What does (dbus-monitor --system) show when run as root and the power button is pressed?

fpp 2010-10-08 21:37

Works fine here ! Really slick !

tso 2010-10-09 06:57

Code:

signal sender=:1.2 -> dest=(null destination) path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer_logicaldev_input; interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=Condition
  string "ButtonPressed"
  string "power"

btw, will this program allow for a long press of the power button to shut down or reboot the device? and what about navigating the ui without having the touch screen functioning? Happens to me at times right now, and without the option of using the dpad i have to remove the battery to force the issue.

auouymous 2010-10-09 11:34

Download that test file and try running it again, your power button uses a different signal. n800?

Quote:

btw, will this program allow for a long press of the power button to shut down or reboot the device?
It doesn't touch the long press, so you can still shutdown with that. Short press just toggles the adv-sys window state.

Quote:

what about navigating the ui without having the touch screen functioning? Happens to me at times right now, and without the option of using the dpad i have to remove the battery to force the issue.
Force what issue? Navigating UI with dpad is now on the todo list. Does the n800 have a hardware menu button? If so, what does the console show when you press it while adv-sys is visible?

tso 2010-10-09 12:11

force the issue as in making it shut down by removing the battery.

And so far i have yet to get adv-sys to show up since the 0.2.0 release. Still, tested the long press just now and i see that i need to hold it down longer then i initially thought required.

auouymous 2010-10-09 20:43

Quote:

tested the long press just now and i see that i need to hold it down longer then i initially thought required.
I only listen for the signal sent when short pressing the power button and there is nothing I'm doing that could possibly change the behavior of the long press.

1) Did you re-download the advanced-systemui-test binary and run it? It uses the signal you gave me and should work. The terminal will show "listening for both power buttons signals" if you have the latest test binary.

2) What line is displayed in the terminal when you press the hardware menu button?

tso 2010-10-09 20:58

1) well i'll be, advsys showed.

2) while running advanced-systemui-test? advanced-systemui: key pressed (menu)

auouymous 2010-10-09 22:50

advanced-systemui (0.2.1)
  • fonts are now rendered at correct size instead of size-1
  • battery charging signals now refresh immediately
  • advanced-systemui process is highlighted green in process viewer
  • enlarged the memory/cpu section in the battery widget
  • fixed memory leak when rotating screen
  • power button now works on the n800

tso 2010-10-09 23:32

confirmed, power button works fine.

but i notice that the lock only dims the screen, any key or screen press is still passed on to and may result in unintended consequences.