maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Delays in messaging (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86880)

thedead1440 2012-09-17 08:37

Re: Delays in messaging

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD (Post 1267818)
Another person had the issue, you say I don't read.. Go check the thread! He has the same f-ing issue!

I rather help people with sensible solutions instead of looking thru' the drivel you post everywhere :p...

There is a cause for every effect...Even if your method works there is an underlying cause why it happened...And NO, I'm not interested in trouble-shooting your causes further...

Edit: I'm not flooding this thread with anymore off-topic posts and AMD to your post below; You know the number of times you PM me for troubleshooting for you so stop the charade...Please learn and explore; NOBODY is hindering you ;) My point is just that there is a cause for everything and the solution you posted on must also have its cause!

AMD 2012-09-17 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1267823)
I rather help people with sensible solutions instead of looking thru' the drivel you post everywhere :p...

There is a cause for every effect...Even if your method works there is an underlying cause why it happened...And NO, I'm not interested in trouble-shooting your causes further...

Who said for you to troubleshoot my problems/causes?! I said go check that there is another person having the issue! I have proof!
PS You were my level once, and you learned and reached here, give me space to learn and reach this too -.-

Chinoman10 2012-09-17 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD (Post 1267802)
Dude, the problem has nothing to do with tracker, neither these commands, because if you reflash, reboot or whatever, it will stay the same, just try a lot of times.. It will get fixed by itself, first time it took 12 hrs for the message from my Aunt to come.. Then 1 hr for the message from my friend to come, then 30 minutes for the other message from my Aunt to come.. then it worked, just try it a couple of times..

Actually it DOES work if I reboot... But I REALLY don't want to reboot my cellphone every time I get an important message I need to read and reply back...
And I'm not sure you read my first post... I DO GET the messages on my phone, it's not the problem that you guys were having about the iPhone smileys... Try and read my post bettter, k?

Later,
Chinoman10.

PS: Thanks for trying to help tho...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rash.m2k (Post 1267806)
Did you move your messages from your N900 to your N9?

I'm pretty sure if you check my profile you'll see I don't own, or I never owned a N9500 or any Maemo phone for that matter...
Always S60, Symbian^3 (N8) or MeeGo (N9)...

Later,
Chinoman10.

Viny 2012-09-17 16:01

I have the same issue as the org, poster. I found out this happens when i have alot of SMS's on my phone. Like ALOT (i average 5k-7k per month)

The only way to fix this is by apparently Deleting the messages from everyone , if you try this it will work 'normally' again untill you fill up your texts to that certin amount and once again you would have to delete again.

Like i said this is the only way it works for me, if someone has a permanent sollution without the need to delete the txts let me know as i love to keep mine without deleting too

*note* on my n900 i never experienced this problem and i had alot of texts there too!

thedead1440 2012-09-17 16:03

You'll have to look thru' the .db files as I had mentioned on the previous page...Check if there's anything you can modify to solve this issue...

AFAIK, the n9 is not made for a huge number of messages...Anything above 2k slows down the phone; try plugging in your phone to Nokia Suite and a warning will come about this figure...

Anyway it still should be fixable...Just look thru your .db files...

Chinoman10 2012-09-26 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1267789)
You can also do all of the above in one go:

Code:

apt-get install messaging-ui messaging-ui-settings-398 libmessaging0 libmessagingwidgets0 --reinstall

Doing it now...
Let's see if it fixes the problem, or I'll be forced to update to PR1.3 :)
(I'm just lazy ^^")

Later,
Chinoman10.

Edit: Looks like it finished... All the messages remained, that's good... Let's see if I still get these stupid delays or not ^^
Edit2: It didn't quite fix the issue, but it's a lot better now :D anyways I'll upgrade to PR1.3 as soon as I get the time...

Chinoman10 2012-09-29 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1267801)
See the issue with OTA updating from pr1.2 to pr1.3 is that pr1.3 was quite a major bug-fixing update so the likelihood of bugs remaining due to a clean upgrade not being performed increases...

The more serious issue with the OTA is that there have been people who while doing an OTA update have suddenly found their device to be in open mode at the end of the process due to no fault of their own...

Read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693 for the guide on flashing...

The Russian ROM problem you mentioned won't happen when flashing to a Global FW due to the Global fw simply being a clean pr1.3 fw without any localization done...Its also without pre-loaded maps of your region so you will need to download them once the flash is done and your device is operational...The main advantage with Global FW is that whenever there is a new update [albeit pr1.3.1 or pr1.4 still seem some time away and will be the last one] you'll be among the first people to receive it...Since Global FW doesn't have any localization done; the probabilities of something messing your system due to different pre-loaded apps/services is significantly lowered...

Do take note that the n9 is not like your typical Symbian handset whereby you can downgrade firmware...How you saw reset flash to pr1.1 is something I'm not too sure about as its well-publicised that you can't downgrade...

So if you are on pr1.2 the only options you have when flashing are:

- Stick to the same pr legacy of 398 in pr1.2

- Flash to a higher pr legacy than 398 in pr1.2

- Flash to any pr legacy in pr1.3

The problem with flashing pr1.3 legacy 398 is that you can't downgrade to pr1.3 legacy < 398 but flashing with global fw of legacy 001 leaves you open to flash whatever you may want in the future including a flash to pr1.3 legacy 398...

Hope the above clarifies things...

So I started trying out this tutorial you sent me...
All good at the Firm something software, until I reached the "Variants" part...
Since PR1.3 hasn't reached at Portugal yet, my variant 059M1L7 isn't available for PR1.3...
You said something about Legacy version? Which one is it?
Also, if it isn't made for Portugal, what is going to happen with the maps?

Thanks in advance,
Chinoman10.

thedead1440 2012-09-29 09:11

can you tell me your colour and variant?

I'll give you the direct link to download the global variant...

Since maps don't come bundled into global, the size of the emmc.bin is reduced to only 256mb instead of 2+GB...

You can then download the maps you desire once flashing is done...

Chinoman10 2012-10-01 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1273792)
can you tell me your colour and variant?

I'll give you the direct link to download the global variant...

Since maps don't come bundled into global, the size of the emmc.bin is reduced to only 256mb instead of 2+GB...

You can then download the maps you desire once flashing is done...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinoman10 (Post 1273786)
Since PR1.3 hasn't reached at Portugal yet, my variant 059M1L7 isn't available for PR1.3...

It's Cyan.
How do I download the maps afterwards?

Later,
Chinoman10.

thedead1440 2012-10-01 03:43

I'm out currently so will get you the links later...

By variant I meant 16/64GB...What you posted is product code .. Anyway since its cyan it means 16GB...

Maps can be downloaded by going to the maps app and click on Manage Maps...