maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] N900 / N9 / N950: WPx emulator - formerly known as: The worst coding competition contribution 2012 :-) #mccxii (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86217)

imo 2012-08-26 23:34

Re: [Announce] N9 / N950: The worst coding competition contribution 2012 :-)

waiting desperately for a new look of my N900.helex how long do we have to wait?approximately;p

enne30 2012-08-27 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by helex (Post 1255103)
Great! I have their attention. :D

I used 4 simple squares instead of a Windows Logo for the application icon to avoid to get sued...

...and what does Microsoft?

They change their Windows Logo just after 25 years to 4 simple squares! :mad:

Source: arstechnica.com
...just like mine... :rolleyes:

ROTFL ... anyway post dates demonstrate Microsoft has taken YOUR idea... you can sue them, easy win :D

helex 2012-08-27 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by imo (Post 1256049)
waiting desperately for a new look of my N900.helex how long do we have to wait?approximately;p

Oh, I haven't began since I'm currently working on something else... but perhaps it will happen at some point. ;) I will see...

XiliX 2012-08-27 19:20

Thanks mate! It really gives me "that 'ol windows feeling".
Great app ;D

Helmuth 2012-08-28 12:18

When will we be able to download this from the ovi store? :p

helex 2012-08-29 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmuth (Post 1256693)
When will we be able to download this from the ovi store? :p

I'm not sure if I should upload it to the store or not. And if I look carefully at your smiley you share perhaps my doubts. ;)

www.rzr.online.fr 2012-08-29 14:12

now let's do the opposite job,

emulate swipe on wp :-)

then port colinux have start the real thing ...

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/wince

helex 2012-08-29 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr (Post 1257237)
now let's do the opposite job,

emulate swipe on wp :-)

A VM ware Player would be great... boot MeeGo, Mer or even Android inside a Windows Phone Application Window. :rolleyes:

helex 2012-08-31 08:58

I submitted my small persiflage app to the nokia ovi store. Sadly it was rejected because I linked to this thread as support page.

The rejection reason was:
Quote:

Comments from the QA team:
FAILED: Linking to an External Store or Website promoting competing products.
SUMMARY: The support website includes links to an external website instead of the Nokia Store.
REQUIREMENT: According to the Nokia Store publisher registration and distribution agreement: ‘5.4. Non-Compete – You may not use the Program to distribute or make available any Content whose primary purpose is to facilitate the distribution of Content outside of the Program.’
EXPECTED RESULT: Promotion of external storefronts and websites with competing products are not allowed. Links to download the same content or other related content should be linked to the Nokia Store instead of the publisher’s own website or other distribution channels.
(public, Moderation in progress -> Qa failed)
So I guess it was only rejected because I had a download link for the debian file in my first post and everything else was fine. :confused:
I'm sorry. But I will now remove the attachment from the first post. Perhaps it will pass the QA this time and you are able to download the (now) WPx emulator next week from the official store. :D

helex 2012-09-04 20:11

Re: [Announce] N9 / N950: WPx emulator - formerly known as: The worst coding competition contribution 2012 :-)

Okay, in my own opinion unbelivable... but my App made it finally thru the Store QA! :D

Get it while it is there: Download ;)