maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nemo Mobile (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Mer + LXDE on N900 = Ubuntu Mobile? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43621)

OptX 2010-03-10 17:38

Re: Mer + LXDE on N900 = Ubuntu Mobile?

I got it that way :
I typed apt , then hit the TAB and it gets apt- , then made it look like apt - ,
went back to apt, and hit TAB again. this way i could get lxde installed.
Doesnt make much sense to use it without a good keyboard.

meep 2010-03-10 19:23

I'd recommend using ssh from a pc to avoid this issue, at least while installing stuff...

Once lxde is on there onboard runs smoothly and quickly :)

Tiboric 2010-03-29 08:31

why can i not get this to work?
how frustrating.
I can can get it to show a mouse pointer then the n900 turns off,
any thoughts?

hardkorek 2010-03-29 09:55

can, n900 wifi card,be putted in to monitor mode, working on all channels in mer?

vallhalla81 2010-03-29 19:20

a simple way round the keybord issue is to make a script for the commands needed on your pc then copy them to the /home/username folder on your sd card boot in to mer then in a terminal go to the same dir as where you put the scripts then run "sh nameofscript.sh

vallhalla81 2010-03-30 12:26

on the same note as my last post i can post the scrips here if it helps

ahynes1 2010-04-03 00:00

Okay... So, I've got my N900 dual booting to Maemo or Mer. I just installed LXDE in Mer. Now, it takes me to what looks like an Ubuntu Login screen. I can type in my name, but I cannot find any way to effectively hit 'Return'.

It seems as if the return key, together with any function key, does not seem to work. I can boot into Maemo, and chroot to my Mer installation to change things. But, I can't find what to change to either login automatically or get the Return key to work.

Any suggestions?

hardkorek 2010-04-03 02:07

So can any one test if aircrack-ng is working?
You can do it by running apt-get install aircrack-ng, then airmon-ng start "interface name here" and last step is airodump-ng if_name

hardkorek 2010-04-03 02:09

Quote:

It seems as if the return key, together with any function key, does not seem to work. I can boot into Maemo, and chroot to my Mer installation to change things. But, I can't find what to change to either login automatically or get the Return key to work.
Maybe try to disable GDM via update-rc.d -f gdm remove and try to login via comand line, then run startx

vallhalla81 2010-04-03 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahynes1 (Post 593287)
Okay... So, I've got my N900 dual booting to Maemo or Mer. I just installed LXDE in Mer. Now, it takes me to what looks like an Ubuntu Login screen. I can type in my name, but I cannot find any way to effectively hit 'Return'.

Any suggestions?

have you tried pressing ctrl+m?