maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Opera Mobile 11 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=52373)

ahockersten 2010-05-11 07:41

Re: [Announce] Opera Mobile 10

Hi. If you haven't figured that out yet, I'm one of the developers behind this.

To those of you having the problems that settings are reset: Does it manage to create a "/home/user/.opera" folder when it is run? If not, what happens if you create that folder manually? ("mkdir .opera" in a terminal window)

I just tried removing opera and all my settings, but could not reproduce the issue here.

silvermountain 2010-05-11 07:43

Wow, downloading this NOW for N810...but...no Flash support??

antezz 2010-05-11 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahockersten (Post 652863)

To those of you having the problems that settings are reset: Does it manage to create a "/home/user/.opera" folder when it is run? If not, what happens if you create that folder manually? ("mkdir .opera" in a terminal window)

I just tried removing opera and all my settings, but could not reproduce the issue here.

Folder is there the only thing in it is "skin"

Odeh 2010-05-11 07:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahockersten (Post 652863)

cannot create directory,

.opera file exists

and the issue still there

harp 2010-05-11 07:46

While we do have many browsers to choose from already, I'm thankful that you guys have jumped into the mix. More options are always welcome from a user point-of-view. I hope you guys can make this a great browser for the N900.

nosa101 2010-05-11 07:48

There's portrait VKB. Didn't notice that on the first go

joppu 2010-05-11 07:51

Man, I love the portrait browsing on this, complete with the vertical virtual keyboard. When you fix the profile saving issue and the battery sucking, this will probably become my primary browser. The Turbo -option really speeds up the browsing on 2/3g and the scrolling is really smooth.

manavs 2010-05-11 07:52

Opera rules!!!

chase15 2010-05-11 07:53

WOW. thank you for this nice browser... gonna download it ryt now...

calltrace 2010-05-11 07:53

Just ...awesome
Opera was the best think on windows mobile for me - and now we have it on maemo :)
(Btw: how long takes to port it on android ? two years ?)

Bug report: settings are not stored after standart or maemo turn of. Next time loading with defaults.

+ finger press hold menu didnt apear (like text selection on/of).