maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   How is your N9 longest uptime ? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84270)

soryuuha 2012-06-07 17:11

Re: How is your N9 longest uptime ?

mine urrently running on 40days uptime

the longer uptime, the smoother my n9 :-0

qwazix 2012-06-07 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic (Post 1219024)
Given that mine is up for 95 days now I'd think there's something wrong with yours, be it hardware or software. While I avoid all the Google-stuff like the plague and don't use the proprietary Skype, I do use quite a lot of features of the device. E-mail, calendar, feeds, browsing, pictures, SIP VoIP, navigation, bluetooth transfers/audio, bunch of other apps, developing apps. Not a single sign of trouble so far. It actually impresses me as well :) Does your dmesg log or syslog mention anything suspicious?

No I haven't checked. I will as soon the problems arise again.

greenstorm 2012-06-12 15:18

I had it to 6d and a few hours, but then it refused to stop trying to connec to a wifi-network, which wasn't even there anymote (icon flashing).. So it couldn't connect to any other - reboot.

qwazix 2012-06-12 16:15

here it goes again. 9 days and it's almost unusable. The swipe actions freeze in the middle of the animation, it confuses single taps with tap'n'holds and I've only a conversation window, a terminal, this thread and another open.

htop shows nothing of interest except xorg consuming 8% ram and that swap is filled to the brink. (not ram, only swap, weird?)
dmesg and xorg.log do not reveal any suspicious activity. Only syslog shows a lot of
Code:

Jun 12 19:14:26 (2012) cellular: csd[621]: com.nokia.csd.simatk: simatk_report_event_notification:460 Building and sending ATK_REPORT_EVENT_NTF -message
one every second. Is this normal?

sillieidiot 2012-06-13 08:28

longest uptime for me was 42 days. it ended yesterday because my phone died for the first time since i've had the phone lol

Fallenzone 2012-06-13 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillieidiot (Post 1221224)
longest uptime for me was 42 days. it ended yesterday because my phone died for the first time since i've had the phone lol

oh ... I could feel how sad you are :((

user/zero 2012-09-23 11:34

3 Attachment(s)
I got an SGX error today that made the phone pretty unusable until I fired good old SSH up applied the kill -9 treatment. Volume was still working and apps were launching fine, only the home screens got messed up.

Attachment 28770

:D isn't she a beauty?

Other stats: very reasonable memory usage, lots of room for opening new apps I'd say; total uptime - 39 days and counting

Attachment 28776
Attachment 28777

eneitten usr XD 2012-09-23 11:42

Almost two weeks couple days ago... ITry to just leave it I'm to picky thou,, it does hold up way better

juiceme 2012-09-23 15:32

My own poor n9 gets booted almost every second day, and now and then again 5 to 10 times a day at best as I need to test something in the booting process or tweak it a bit. (I am really a monster here... but my servers do better, more than two years uptime on the running record now)

However, I was just curious and checked my wife's phone uptime, as she uses her N9 just as a regular phone and it sems to be just under month uptime now;

~ $
~ $ uptime
18:25:48 up 24 days, 4:47, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.08
~ $

user/zero 2012-09-25 20:34

Empirically, after 2 to 3 weeks it begins to fill the swap instead of RAM. :rolleyes: But I guess it's a noticeable improvement over N900 from what has been said around.
/sbin/swapoff and swapon should have some effect but they don't.
But I tried lowering the swappiness (as in a version of FasterN9) and CPU I/O usage and loads improved significantly. (default=25)
Code:

echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness