maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Announce] Nintendo 64 Emulator for Harmattan/Sailfish (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89216)

andil 2013-05-18 09:16

Re: Nintendo 64 Emulator for Harmattan

which games actually works?

paper mario doesnt run but f zero work perfectly....

liar 2013-06-03 08:55

this is currently stalled due to my other projects, i'll pick up work on this once this years exams have passed

HtheB 2013-06-03 20:11

I can't install the core....
gives me the following error:
cant set permissions on './opt/mupen64plus/share': Operation not permitted.

When I create a folder, and chmod 777, it gives the next error:
cant set permissions on './opt/mupen64plus/share/mupen64plus.cht': Operation not permitted.

:/

nokiasempre 2013-08-14 17:06

Liar...you're the man!

This just made my day (yesterday lol)! This was the unexpected brilliant gift to the N9. I read once that it would be hard to port this and not to have high hopes, but this just shows how strong the developers in our comunity are.

Your work is brilliant. Games running smoth, audio is great, i mean, it's just fantastic!

Buttons are the only thing, but if you play for a while you get used to the places they are and play without many issues. I found myself playing Mario 64 and Starfox touching the screen and knowing the places by mind without effort. To see them would be better, of course, but it's already a wonderful job at this stage.

You made me, and a lot of people very very happy by giving us this emulator and by showing the world that in 2013 the Nokia N9 is far from dead and with a lot of air in it's lungs.

You deserve my total respect.
Thanks!

liar 2013-09-18 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nokiasempre (Post 1367238)
Liar...you're the man!

This just made my day (yesterday lol)! This was the unexpected brilliant gift to the N9. I read once that it would be hard to port this and not to have high hopes, but this just shows how strong the developers in our comunity are.

Your work is brilliant. Games running smoth, audio is great, i mean, it's just fantastic!

Buttons are the only thing, but if you play for a while you get used to the places they are and play without many issues. I found myself playing Mario 64 and Starfox touching the screen and knowing the places by mind without effort. To see them would be better, of course, but it's already a wonderful job at this stage.

You made me, and a lot of people very very happy by giving us this emulator and by showing the world that in 2013 the Nokia N9 is far from dead and with a lot of air in it's lungs.

You deserve my total respect.
Thanks!

i'll update the emulator as soon as i can get to it, i have made some updates to the emulator already (incl visible (optionally transparent) buttons), but the configuration is not very user friendly yet

liar 2014-01-13 19:13

Re: [Announce] Nintendo 64 Emulator for Harmattan

I am currently working on porting the mupen64plus emulator to sailfishos, stay tuned!

odradek 2014-02-11 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1349306)
I can't install the core....
gives me the following error:
cant set permissions on './opt/mupen64plus/share': Operation not permitted.

When I create a folder, and chmod 777, it gives the next error:
cant set permissions on './opt/mupen64plus/share/mupen64plus.cht': Operation not permitted.

:/

same here :(

odradek 2014-02-11 22:27

Re: [Announce] Nintendo 64 Emulator for Harmattan/Sailfish

maybe the package is damaged, can sbd reupload?

liar 2014-11-07 05:58

i have made some progress on the jolla ponne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrMkrFUClmc

n950 2014-12-20 16:24

Hi,

Possible to play with ps3 controller sixaxis?