maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [Announce] busybox-power for Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87712)

Garp 2012-11-25 16:25

Re: [Announce] busybox-power for Harmattan

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedead1440 (Post 1298276)
Garp, no worries at all; we all learn everyday ;)

Ok now can you via fixed origin install meego-confirm-text and busybox-power-noaegis? Post the output here so we know for definite about the installation...

Would have sent the whole installation but my N9 restarted in the middle of copying! (Then at least I didn't need to translate a lot of Danish languages!)
But here is at least the result! :)

BusyBox v1.20.2 (1.20.2power4+harmattan0) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ devel-su
Password:

BusyBox v1.20.2 (1.20.2power4+harmattan0) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ #

Thank you very much for your patience and help!:)

thedead1440 2012-11-25 16:34

Good to see it works! Its my pleasure :)

iDont 2012-11-25 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolke (Post 1297666)
cool, that sounds like a decent compromise. you should also check DISPLAY, and if theres no xsession, simply print the warning to stdout and continue {or maybe prompt on the command line} instead of failing with no error printed.

Sure, will add this too. Note that /etc/profile exports DISPLAY for all users regardless of whether X is running or not, so be sure to unset it if you don't want the check to always succeed.

Quote:

one more thing; can you leave out the signing and validating of the refhashlist in the noaegis version? i dont think it makes sense to do aegis-y things in it, if we're assuming that aegis is neutered.

Removing those calls will lead to nasty situations (i.e. MALF) when you flash a non-aegis-neutered kernel at some point in time after installing busybox-power, so I don't really want to leave them out. You also shouldn't need to worry those calls at all, see my response below.

Quote:

i found that using the deb as-is gave me perm errors on accli. this is presumably because the kernel that im using {standard openmode pr1.3} doesnt automatically give you credentials like tcb-sign. i had to remove the calls to accli and validator-init while i was removing meego-confirm-text in the deb.

Did you export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo prior to installing the deb? Those calls shouldn't fail regardless of what mode your device in is, given that busybox-power gets all the privileges it requests.

iDont 2012-11-25 18:59

@Garp, thanks for your interest in busybox-power, glad to see it's working
and @thedead1440, thanks for helping others out with installing busybox-power :)

Even though I think the OP provides all the necessary information to get busybox-power for Harmatten up and running, here's an alternative summary of conditions you need to meet exactly in order for it to get installed successfully:

Devices in normal mode:
1. your device needs to be incepted
2. aegisctl must be incepted
3. RzR's community shared repo must be enabled or meego-confirm-text must be installed manually
4. MohammadAG's incepted repo needs to be set up correctly (i.e. incepted)

Open mode devices:
1. aegisctl must be installed with AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo set
2. RzR's community shared repo must be enabled or meego-confirm-text must be installed manually
3. MohammadAG's incepted repo needs to be set up correctly (i.e. installed with AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo set)

Open mode devices with aegis neutered (with busybox-power-noaegis):
1. RzR's community shared repo must be enabled or meego-confirm-text must be installed manually
2. MohammadAG's incepted repo needs to be set up correctly (i.e. installed with AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo set)

If you haven't done any magic with flashing kernels, your device is running in normal mode. Open mode users should know what they're running ;).

Edit: *sigh* things are much easier in Maemo <= 5. Oh well..

wolke 2012-11-25 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDont (Post 1298322)
Did you export AEGIS_FIXED_ORIGIN=com.nokia.maemo prior to installing the deb? Those calls shouldn't fail regardless of what mode your device in is, given that busybox-power gets all the privileges it requests.

i did, and it installed, but failed to get perms to sign the refhashlist.

BUT i figured out why. i modified the inst scripts, so the hash in the deb for the scripts is no longer correct. i dont have the environment to repackage the deb and add in all the aegis checksums.

iDont 2012-12-02 14:10

A small update (busybox-power 1.20.2power5+harmattan0):

Besides the regular busybox-power for Harmattan package, busybox-power-noaegis is now installable from MohammadAG's incepted repository as well. No need to download and install the deb yourself anymore if you're a patched Open Mode user.

Furthermore, the first-time installation warning message can from now on be suppressed by touching /tmp/.bbp-unattended prior to installing busybox-power, for those who are automating installations. The first post in this thread has been updated to reflect this change. The warning message is also suppressed when installing busybox-power over SSH and if $DISPLAY is not set.

wolke 2012-12-02 17:04

AWESOME! thanks a ton
{let me know if you decide to start accepting donations}

ibrakalifa 2012-12-02 17:36

in 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
file /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/digsigsums cannot beopened
No digsigsums file
(Reading database ... 57885 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace busybox-power 1.20.2power5 (using /var/tmp/inception/pkg_sQCCRd) ...
busybox-power: unsupported environment: /component/product = RM-696
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /var/tmp/inception/pkg_sQCCRd (--install):
subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess installed post-installation scriptreturned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/tmp/inception/pkg_sQCCRd
aegis-installing busybox-power (from 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
incept: Installation failed (1)
~ #

iDont 2012-12-02 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa (Post 1300695)
in 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
file /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/digsigsums cannot beopened
No digsigsums file
(Reading database ... 57885 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace busybox-power 1.20.2power5 (using /var/tmp/inception/pkg_sQCCRd) ...
dpkg: warning: subprocess old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: error processing /var/tmp/inception/pkg_sQCCRd (--install):
subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess installed post-installation scriptreturned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/tmp/inception/pkg_sQCCRd
aegis-installing busybox-power (from 'com.nokia.maemo/local')
incept: Installation failed (1)
~ #

Hi ibrakalifa,

We parse the output "/usr/bin/sysinfoclient --get /component/product" with awk from the busybox binary that is shipped with busybox-power, so I'm a little bit bewildered as to why there was a parse error (the output of the aforementioned command is piped to $EXECPWR awk '{ print $3 }', with $EXECPWR being /opt/busybox-power/busybox.power).

If you could provide the following information (via PM or in this thread), that would be great:
- What steps did you perform to get this output (e.g. install busybox-power, reboot, uninstall)?
- Do the applets from /opt/busybox-power/busybox.power work? For example, does running `/opt/busybox-power/busybox.power awk` from the terminal result in the help text of awk being printed?
- Is your device in Normal mode, Open mode, or Patched Open mode?

Thanks

ibrakalifa 2012-12-03 17:18

normal mode incepted, already uninstalled and so far so fine, sorry for late answer

via apt-get and manual installation got same results
and im sure i follow the instruction correctly, i dunno why, :)