maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Java WhatsApp port (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83827)

ADRENALINE 2012-04-23 06:14

Re: Java WhatsApp port

is it working for n9 ? did anyone try it ?

ajack 2012-04-23 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazu (Post 1196174)
Could you help me please? I'm still having problems verifying it :( I got it running on my pc but when I put in my phone the code i got from the call it says: "Unknown error!"

Me too... :(

ahmadamaj 2012-04-23 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj (Post 1196170)
if my phone number was already ativated on whatsapp, will that make things easier or does it need to activate again?

ok, so i tried it, it doesn't work. I had my phone number activated cz im using whatsapp on nitdroid, but it still asked for activation.

praveenchand 2012-04-23 07:09

somebody please post screenshots...

anthonie 2012-04-23 07:10

Code:

/opt/whatsapp/launch.sh
gives me

Code:

reg/req/register/start
password: blablabla
reg/req/register/fail

Apperently it's not allowed to write out the code to a file or something but because it's a file within the jar I have no idea what to do about it.

Also, just for clarity, it might help if you'd call the aplication with whatsapp.sh or something, rather than the more generic launch.sh which gives nothing usefull when using the terminal tab.

ajack 2012-04-23 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonie (Post 1196230)
Code:

/opt/whatsapp/launch.sh
gives me

Code:

reg/req/register/start
password: blablabla
reg/req/register/fail

Apperently it's not allowed to write out the code to a file or something but because it's a file within the jar I have no idea what to do about it.

Also, just for clarity, it might help if you'd call the aplication with whatsapp.sh or something, rather than the more generic launch.sh which gives nothing usefull when using the terminal tab.

I too got the same error messages and output...

anthonie 2012-04-23 07:48

Right. I unzipped the .jar file in /opt/

Looking at the files WhatsAppRegistrationX.class (0 to 2) over at
Code:

/opt/whatsapp/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/ui/registration
I have four characters in gibberish. Perhaps this is the place for the reg code to be put in? Unfortunately I have no time to check it out.

malkavian 2012-04-23 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterbjornx (Post 1196119)
it doesnt sync contacts yet

I suppose that you will add the sync ability when you can. I don't want it. I don't want to give all my phonebook to whatsapp inc, so for me is perfect to add contacts myself and not sync them.

Please please please please, if you add sync ability, could you add an option to choice not to syncing with phonebook?

Now I need to register myself with a non-existent mobile number so I won't give any data to whatsapp (apart from numbers of contacts they already have).

Phoenix986 2012-04-23 08:52

Where are located the configuration file?

Mohammed Muid 2012-04-23 09:13

how to get past the "unknown error" problem while verification? any light on that.?