maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Development (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I'm learning with Qt and I have a question (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47962)

demolition 2012-12-19 23:10

Re: I'm learning with Qt and I have a question

Yeah, I'm having a little trouble with the Fremantle toolchain, too.

I've just installed Nokia Qt SDK 1.2 on Debian Wheezy and have one main thing preventing completion of the setup: I cannot get the Fremantle Toolchain to register with Qt Creator, despite downloading the entire SDK.

- How can the toolchain be recognised with Qt Creator, so software can be built for Fremantle, not just Harmattan?
- Do I need to install the Fremantle SDK as well?

Also, what's up with the version numbers? The Maintenance Tool claims it's creating a Fremantle toolchain for Qt 4.7.0, then the folder that's actually created is labelled 4.6.2 - doesn't the device running Qt 4.7.5?

Any ideas or assistance that might help resolve the problem described, would much appreciated.

qwazix 2012-12-19 23:29

I just installed the toolchain with the SDK maintenance tool and it worked. You may need to find qmake by hand on the toolchains tab if that didn't work.

I don't know what is it with the versions, I had this concern myself. N900 runs 4.6.3 IIRC on PR1.3 but CSSU provides 4.7.4

sixwheeledbeast 2012-12-20 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1306198)
- How can the toolchain be recognised with Qt Creator, so software can be built for Fremantle, not just Harmattan?

IIRC I manually added:-

Code:

/opt/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/targets/fremantle-pr13/bin/qmake
In Options > Build & Run

demolition 2012-12-20 13:21

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the helpful comments.

Not sure what I've done wrong. Below is a screen shot of the Tools > Options > Build & Run menu.

Everything appears to be in order, looking through the directories. However, Qt Creator cannot detect qmake in the Maemo folder, even when trying to select it manually! Is there a command line instruction to associate it?

The toolchain is installed, apparently...
Code:

user@PC:~$ ls ~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/targets/fremantle-pr13/bin/
addr2line  cc      gcc    gprof    mgen  objcopy    qt.conf  size
ar        c++filt  gcov    ld        mmoc  objdump    ranlib  strings
as        cpp      gdb    lrelease  moc  qmake      rcc      strip
c++        g++      gdbtui  lupdate  nm    qmake-qt4  readelf  uic

Code:

user@PC:~$ cat ~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/targets/fremantle-pr13/information
sysroot fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim
toolchain arm-2007q3-51sb6-gdb71-arm-none-linux-gnueabi_linux
runtime qemu-n900-pr13
qttools qt-tools-4.7.0-m0.20.32-linux

Code:

user@PC:~$ ls ~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/ | grep fremantle
fremantle-arm-sysroot-20.2010.36-2-slim

user@PC:~$ ls ~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/toolchains/arm-2007q3-51sb6-gdb71-arm-none-linux-gnueabi_linux/
arm-none-linux-gnueabi  bin  include  lib  libexec  toolchain.files

user@PC:~$ ls ~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/runtimes/qemu-n900-pr13
information                    RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.nand
RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.emmc  skin

user@PC:~$ ls ~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/tools/qt-tools-4.7.0-m0.20.32-linux/
bin  lib

I probably need to do some grep-ing through to check that every entry in "~/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/toolchains/arm-2007q3-51sb6-gdb71-arm-none-linux-gnueabi_linux/toolchain.files" is actually where it's supposed to be.
If anyone know's of a one-liner do assist I'd be very grateful - something with this, perhaps?
Code:

for item in `cat toolchain.files | awk '{print $2}'`; do ...
- to display the files that are listed but Not installed.

sixwheeledbeast 2012-12-20 17:38

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by demolition (Post 1306341)
Thanks for the helpful comments.

Not sure what I've done wrong. Below is a screen shot of the Tools > Options > Build & Run menu.

Everything appears to be in order, looking through the directories. However, Qt Creator cannot detect qmake in the Maemo folder, even when trying to select it manually! Is there a command line instruction to associate it?

I had trouble with the latest Ubuntu which is why I run everything Maemo Development related in a VM with Debian Squeeze and purposely update nothing in my VM.

Here's a screenshot of my Qt, I can't remember doing any really special apart from following the text based scratchbox installer wiki and adding the qmake location.

All of my stuff is installed in /opt not /home but that shouldn't matter.

qwazix 2012-12-20 17:58

Check if qmake is executable