maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Zeecontrol (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=51209)

Wonko 2010-07-08 08:41

Re: Zeecontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmuth
Without success. But I found the error at my own device.

I started zeecontrol at the command line.

I saw a writeaccess error for ~/.zeecontrol/UserMappings.py.
I've created my own user settings some weeks ago using ssh. So I guess it was because I created the file using ssh as root.

Nice to see you found the problem. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmuth
I deleted my UserMappings.py and now I got the error: "ImportError: No module named UserMappings"

I guessed he tryed to create a own UserMappings during the installation. So I deinstalled Zeecontrol and installed it totally fresh. But without success.
Still: "ImportError: No module named UserMappings" in "ZeemoteEventThread.py" line 32.

My last try was to delete also the folder ~/.zeecontrol/ and now it works! :)
Will test it later using PicoDrive. Thanks a lot!

Yes, I was a little bit lazy on sanity checking there.
I.e. Zeecontrol was only checking if the directory exists and not checking if the file exists as well.
I fixed this issue as well.
So next time it shouldn't matter whether you only delete the file or the entire directory. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra
Would it be possible to get diagonal working?

What exactly do you mean with "diagonal"?

Cobra 2010-07-08 11:27

I mean on the d-pad we have 4 up, left, down, right. It would be good to have 8 up, upright, right, downright, down, downleft, left, upleft. hopefully that makes sense :)

adamFsmith 2010-07-27 08:53

I just got my shiny new Zeemote and it won't connect - the Zeemote is paired with the N900, and remains flashing orange/blue, as if it's waiting for a connection.
Zeecontrol simply doesn't do anything at all, even when I boot it from xterm it says "Found 0 Zeemotes", then boots.

Seems such a simple problem, but I can't find anyone else with the same one.

...help?

Helmuth 2010-07-27 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra (Post 744770)
I mean on the d-pad we have 4 up, left, down, right. It would be good to have 8 up, upright, right, downright, down, downleft, left, upleft. hopefully that makes sense :)

Hmm... In my optinion this doesn't make sense. :rolleyes:

When I use the Zeemote and press the stick in the upper left corner both buttons are pressed at the same time. You need corner buttons only when you use the keyboard. And this only because it is unhandy to press more than 1 Button at once with a single finger. ;)

Or am I wrong? :)

Cobra 2010-07-27 11:09

I get your point but when I ress the stick in the corner nothing happens it dosnt see it as pressing two butons its one or the other. I have to zeemotes so I didnt think it was me. :)

Thanks anyway.

Cobra 2010-07-27 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamFsmith (Post 766145)
I just got my shiny new Zeemote and it won't connect - the Zeemote is paired with the N900, and remains flashing orange/blue, as if it's waiting for a connection.
Zeecontrol simply doesn't do anything at all, even when I boot it from xterm it says "Found 0 Zeemotes", then boots.

...help?

did you pair them with bluetooth utillity or zeemote config in setings?

Wonko 2010-07-27 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamFsmith (Post 766145)

...help?

Hi,
typically, the process to "setup" your Zeemote for the first use is as follows:
- enable bluetooth on the N900,
- turn on the Zeemote,
- on the N900 navigate to settings and start the "Zeemote joystick" configuration tool, which can be found at the very bottom of the settings frontend,
- hit "Scan" in the "Zeemote joystick" config. tool.

You can confirm if everything worked out well by using the "Test" functionality.
Once you have successfully set up your Zeemote this way you can also use it with Zeecontrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra
I get your point but when I ress the stick in the corner nothing happens it dosnt see it as pressing two butons its one or the other.

Well, I anticipated the behavior to be as Helmuth explained.
Though, I didn't do any specific testing.
Unfortunately, I am really busy these weeks, so I doubt I'll have the time to closer investigate this possible issue.

Oposum 2010-10-17 20:47

Just got my Zeemote today, and played abit with it. But is there any possibility to use the Zeemote as a pointer device, or mouse? I mean you can control the directions, you have several buttons for input. So why not take this software one step ahead and integrate the whole capabilities to control the whole maemo interface with the Zeemote?
Just imagine you can use it to control your browser or to use it as a presenter device?

Wonko 2010-10-28 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oposum (Post 843615)
But is there any possibility to use the Zeemote as a pointer device, or mouse?

Well, excuse the late reply, I am kind of busy at the moment.
Feature requests and more general feedback of any kind are of course greatly appreciated.
Though, for me this specific feature is currently only very low priority.

Maybe someone else who misses this functionality as well may implement it.
The whole Zeecontrol code is licensed under the terms of the GPL.
So feel free to hack in the code any way you like.
Furthermore, patches that extend Zeecontrol are highly appreciated as well.

alynsparkes 2010-11-24 14:57

Hi,
Just got a zeemote and attempted to set it up for use as a remote control for the built-it media player app. Unfortunately, assigning a button to the spacebar (for play/pause) blocks all inputs from the zeemote. With any letter key assigned, the forward and back skip works OK (cursor right and cursor left), so I know the idea is generally sound.

Looking at the UserMappings.py file, it looked like manually putting in 'Space' would work, but it didn't (although it didn't crash this time, just didn't respond to button A where I thought I'd assigned 'Space' to). In the supplied UserMappings.py file, the alternate for button C is also meant to be 'Space'. That didn't work with the media player either.

Any help would be appreciated. I know I'm not using the zeemote for it's intended purpose, and I've not tried it in any emulators or games yet, but I couldn't see why this shouldn't work.

Cheers,
Alyn.

Update: I've just tested with the Notes app. With 'Space' assigned manually in the UserMappings.py files to a button, nothing is output, although all other buttons work as expected. So it looks like 'Space' is not the correct value.