maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Waze for N900/N9/N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79860)

damagedspline 2011-11-10 10:01

[Announce] Waze for N900/N9/N950

Waze is a free, community-based traffic & navigation app

Please support this port by donating:
https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/...onateCC_LG.gif

Project page: http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to raise the debug level
Change it in the Settings -> General Settings -> Logging
After starting waze, you can recognize that you are in higher debug level as there will be a new baloon with your coordinates in the upper left corner of the screen.

How to add my repository for Harmattan
Starting with v0.0.11, all new Harmattan releases will be available in my Harmattan repository
Code:

devel-su
#
killall  pkgmgrd && killall pkgmgrd
#
distro="harmattan"
target="MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_Maemo.org_MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan_standard"
repo="home-damagedspline-${distro}-${target}"
url="http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/damagedspline/${target}/"
echo "deb ${url} ./" |  tee "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/${repo}.list"
apt-get update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31-Mar-13 - v0.0.12 - codename: "Erlich"
N9/N950 - Available in my Harmattan repository - see instructions above, request added to be accepted in apps4meego
N900 - Link to be announced
Ubuntu - Available in my Ubuntu PPA
* Don't force ports - this will allow using the Waze site servers
* Comment the map editing feature
* Don't force full screen when running on desktop
* Start using Waze v3 icons
* Improve the main menu looks
* Add a navigate button to the main menu
* Move the exit button from the main view to the main menu
* Reorganize the buttons in the main view
* Remake the ETA bar to be specific for protrait and landscape
* Make the next street name bigger
- Stable internet connection is mandatory for first run!
- When using a slow internet connection Waze might be slow as well at times and might take 30 seconds to start (and showing "Waze is not responding" dialog)
- Restart is required after upgrade/install for the sounds fix to work correctly
- Navigation might never end at some regions
- Language download cause crash
- Screen rotation only works after the second device angle change
- Please assist by reporting issues with emphasis on regressions from previous releases or by providing mockups images for better user experience.

9-Jan-13 - v0.0.11 - codename: "Djako"
N9/N950 - Available in my Harmattan repository - see instructions above
N900 - Link to be announced
Ubuntu - Available in my Ubuntu PPA
* Main view layout change
* Waze sounds no longer interrupts external media players
- When using a slow internet connection Waze might be slow as well at times and might take 30 seconds to start (and showing "Waze is not responding" dialog)
- Restart is required after upgrade/install for the sounds fix to work correctly
- Navigation might never end at some regions
- Language download cause crash
- Please assist by reporting issues with emphasis on regressions from previous releases or by providing mockups images for better user experience.

25-Nov-12 - UI Patch for v0.0.10
You need the v0.0.10 installed - it will not work on previous releases
Compatible with both N900 & N9/50
  1. Download MainView.qml
  2. Place MainView.qml in /opt/waze/qml (For n00bs: you will need root for that)
  3. Run Waze
  • Main UI now looks and behaves more like Waze 3.0
    • Slide the right button to report
    • Click the right button to see current reports
    • Slide the left button to Navigate or change the current navigation
    • Click the left button for settings/info dialog and anywhere in the grey area to close the dialog
    • "Show me" button is transparent above the reports button
    • Next to the minimize button is the name of the next street
    • At the center bottom is the ETA bar which either show the ETA hour and the remaining distance or the remaining ETA and the current speed - those will alternate every 5 seconds between the 2 options.

25-Oct-12 - v0.0.10 - codename: "Coco"
N9/N950 - Available in Apps for Meego repository
N900 - Available in Maemo Extras
* Main view layout change
* When navigating, the "Navigate" button allow navigation control
* Minimize button added
* Browser control orientation fixed
* Multitouch on Harmattan fixed
* Portrait mode added
* Rotate map buttons were added (for platforms without multitouch)
* The number of active connections has been limited to ~16
* Fix the road signs text (road shields)
* Make the map fonts bolder
- The navigation instructions control has not been transformed yet into QML so it is not inline with the rest of the UI (noticeable in portrait mode)

8-Oct-12 - v0.0.9-45 Beta - codename: "Charlie and a Half"
This is an Beta release where some code changes has been done in critical areas of the application. Don't install this version unless you are willing to assist in finding and reporting bugs
N9/N950 here
N900 - Not yet available - for some reason Waze freeze after a few seconds
* Add AMOLED Optimized theme (contribution by ginggs)
* Fix routing navigation which sometimes didn't work
* Fix several network issues
* Small performance improvements
* Added Logging settings to General Settings
* Added Qt port release version to the about screen
* Remake most of the main view in QML
* Added portrait mode
- Waze might take 30 seconds to start and there is no splash screen yet. In that time you might encounter the "Waze is not responding" dialog.
In that case do not click either Yes or No, it will recover shortly.
- Only the main view has been QMLized. The rest is untouched.
- The navigation instructions control has not been transformed yet into QML so it is not inline with the rest of the UI (noticeable in portrait mode)
- Screen gestures (pinch to zoom/rotate) does not work yet.

17-May-12 - v0.0.9 Alpha - codename: "Chico"
This is an Alpha release where some code changes has been done in critical areas of the application. Dont install this version unless you are willing to assist in finding and reporting bugs
N9/N950 - Available in App4Meego testing repository
N900 - Available in Extras-devel repository
* Added 'backlight stay lit only when plugged' option
* Fixed the freeze that occured when data was transmitted, so no more 'Close application...' dialog.
* Fixed network data compression (i consider working 90% of the time better than 0% :p )
* Fixed adding a favorite caused crash
* Fixed pinging a wazer caused crash
* Fixed some crashes that occured when starting a new search
- If a release previous to v0.0.7 (not including) was installed, saved configuration & settings will be removed during installation
- Default log level was set to maximum by default. As a result ~/MyDocs/.waze/postmortem can becoming quite big after several days of use, so you should delete it every once in a while.
- Please assist by reporting issues with emphasis on regressions from v0.0.6
*** UPDATE: I have found another bug in the network compress logic that cause crashes, please don't use it yet.

2-May-12 - v0.0.8 Alpha - codename: "Batito"
This is an Alpha release where some code changes has been done in critical areas of the application. Dont install this version unless you are willing to assist in finding and reporting bugs
N9/N950 - Available in App4Meego testing repository
N900 - Available in Extras-devel repository
* Implement secured connections
* Fixed empty mood list
* Fixed empty car list
- When canceling an address search, Waze may crash
- If a release previous to v0.0.7 (not including) was installed, saved configuration & settings will be removed during installation
- Default log level was set to maximum by default. As a result ~/MyDocs/.waze/postmortem can becoming quite big after several days of use, so you should delete it every once in a while.
- This version is compiled in debug mode. So if a crash occurs a core dump might be generated if your phone is properly cofigured (ulimit unlimited). Core dumps are the best way for me to track problems.

19-Apr-12 - v0.0.7 Alpha - codename: "Azriel" => new naming convention based on Burekas movie characters
Install link for N9/N950
Install link for N900
* Rewrite the network layer to be based on Qt instead of kernel sockets
* Rewrite the config layer to use QSettings
* Rewrite the path+file layer to use QFile & QDir
* Fix current traffic reports list dialog - reports not visible
* Support multiuser environments (such as Linux and Windows)
* Fix low battery warning still showing when charging
- When canceling an address search, Waze may crash
- If a previous release was installed, saved configuration & settings will be removed during installation
- Secure connection is not implemeted yet, so refrain from setting passwords in the application
- This version is compiled in debug mode. So if a crash occurs a core dump might be generated if your phone is properly cofigured (ulimit unlimited). Core dumps are the best way for me to track problems.

damagedspline 2011-11-10 20:19

Re: [Announce] Waze for N900

As promised, a clip showing Waze running on the N900. Sadly, it required a little more workarounds than the N950 and added 5 more TODOs to my list...

HtheB 2011-11-10 21:51

You should change your topic title.. add N9/N950 aswell so non N900 users will also find out about this great app

bingomion 2011-11-10 22:49

wow waze looks like a very cool app!
Is that v3.0?
Can't wait for a deb to start testing it :)

EDIT: is this your Waze implementation in pure QML based on the site API?

damagedspline 2011-11-11 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1121491)
You should change your topic title.. add N9/N950 aswell so non N900 users will also find out about this great app

the N9/50 will have its own deb, so i created a matching thread at the meego forums. but you are right, i will add a link to the meego thread and at the meego thread a link to here.

damagedspline 2011-11-11 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by bingomion (Post 1121514)
wow waze looks like a very cool app!
Is that v3.0?
Can't wait for a deb to start testing it :)

EDIT: is this your Waze implementation in pure QML based on the site API?

This is based on waze v2.4.0 specifically the android code branch. So this project is quite detached from my pure QML version :)

HtheB 2011-11-11 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by damagedspline (Post 1121682)
the N9/50 will have its own deb, so i created a matching thread at the meego forums. but you are right, i will add a link to the meego thread and at the meego thread a link to here.

You should change the topic title.... I think you aren't aware that 90% of the N9 users are still here on maemo.org and not on meego.org

damagedspline 2011-11-12 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1121815)
You should change the topic title.... I think you aren't aware that 90% of the N9 users are still here on maemo.org and not on meego.org

I can see your point.
Done :)

damagedspline 2011-11-19 12:56

Re: [Announce] Waze for N900/N9/N950

Preview release is out (see 1st post)

Schturman 2011-12-01 18:34

Thanks
Waiting for updates :)

strange1712 2011-12-02 05:54

Hey, really thanks! This can be REALLY useful...

udaychaitanya16 2011-12-02 07:46

Thank you.Eagerly waiting for update.

damagedspline 2011-12-03 18:47

New release - v0.0.3 - see first post

ScarCow 2011-12-03 19:12

This is a really good program, thanks damagedspline. It makes possible to use my N900 as a navigation device, for free.

However, a couple of problems i found:
1. The speed reading was off, i see now that it is fixed in 0.0.3. So, i guess, this is all right now.
2. When i do a search, the result is some several 100 km-s south. Longitude seems about right, but the latitude is way off. If i use the web ui, the results are fine. Also in qwazer the results are fine, so i guess the problem is in waze-qt.

-sc

damagedspline 2011-12-03 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarCow (Post 1132778)
2. When i do a search, the result is some several 100 km-s south. Longitude seems about right, but the latitude is way off. If i use the web ui, the results are fine. Also in qwazer the results are fine, so i guess the problem is in waze-qt.

10x for the bug report - i havnt encountered it. Can you please provide more details so i'll be able to reproduce?

ScarCow 2011-12-04 08:51

Well, what kind of detail would you need? I will create a map showing the actual places i search for and the results, but i don't have my phone with me at the moment.
Is there any other info i can give to help you search for the problem?

-sc

damagedspline 2011-12-05 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarCow (Post 1132988)
Well, what kind of detail would you need? I will create a map showing the actual places i search for and the results, but i don't have my phone with me at the moment.
Is there any other info i can give to help you search for the problem?

-sc

yes, that will help.
i need a search that generate different result so i'll be able to compare the app result with the site one

ScarCow 2011-12-05 10:19

Ok, here it is. I think it is rather self explenatory, but if you need help with it, just let me know.

For searches for streets within a town, or city, the result is always the same, as shown on the map. I actually tried it with non-Hungarian cities and the same offset is there too.

-sc

strange1712 2011-12-05 10:55

But it's clearly not an offset... It's not a regular displacement of the points... And I can't reproduce it on my own...

ScarCow 2011-12-05 12:19

Ok, offset might not be the correct word, i just don't know any better. Displacement, maybe? I am using N900 by the way, might that be the reason?

Anyway, now i had time to test a little, and the wrong speed display seems to be worse than in v0.0.2. Earlier it showed about the double of my actual speed, no it's more like 3-4 times. i was driving around in town, and it showed ~200 km/h for me.

-sc

damagedspline 2011-12-05 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarCow (Post 1133466)
Ok, offset might not be the correct word, i just don't know any better. Displacement, maybe? I am using N900 by the way, might that be the reason?

Anyway, now i had time to test a little, and the wrong speed display seems to be worse than in v0.0.2. Earlier it showed about the double of my actual speed, no it's more like 3-4 times. i was driving around in town, and it showed ~200 km/h for me.

-sc

Do you happen to overclocked the N900? Maybe its is related
Regarding the bad speed reading, you are the second person that mentioned it and the first that mentioned the wrong search results. I will check it out tomorrow morning on the way to work.

Putting in on google map was an excellent idea! kudos. I tried checking if there is a pattern to the errors, but they seemed semi-random. I'll try and perform the same searches and see if I can reproduce.

Does your waze set to the metric measurement system (km or miles)?

ScarCow 2011-12-05 14:50

It's not overclocked, but i have NITDroid installed, and actually waze there as well. Maybe that messes things up. Also, i installed some qt components things earlier, but i don't remember the details any more. Is it possible that it causes these? I also have CSSU.

The google map locations of course are not exact, i just tried to find the approximate position based on landmarks and names. So, if you try to check the coordinates for some systematic error, you won't find it...

It is set to metric, but i didn't set it, it set itself based on the language i guess.

Just out of curiosity, i tried the search in NITDroid waze, and it seems to work ok there as well.
-sc

damagedspline 2011-12-05 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarCow (Post 1133523)
It's not overclocked, but i have NITDroid installed, and actually waze there as well. Maybe that messes things up. Also, i installed some qt components things earlier, but i don't remember the details any more. Is it possible that it causes these? I also have CSSU.

The google map locations of course are not exact, i just tried to find the approximate position based on landmarks and names. So, if you try to check the coordinates for some systematic error, you won't find it...

It is set to metric, but i didn't set it, it set itself based on the language i guess.

Just out of curiosity, i tried the search in NITDroid waze, and it seems to work ok there as well.
-sc

OK, thanks. I think I have a lead.

damagedspline 2011-12-06 07:26

The speed reading is ok on the N950 but is not on the N900.

Basically, the QtMobility API dictates that the speed is provided in m/s units - but this is inconsistant with the actual speed reading which is about ~3 times higher then expected.

I have used this site and it approximate that the provided speed units are actually in ft/s. :O

Update:
Then I found this link that sorts things out http://developer.qt.nokia.com/forums/viewthread/1804

loc69 2011-12-06 10:46

Hi,
I got a problem after upgrading to new version. I used the first release, than I installed the upgrade and it worked perfect, except the speed reading was still very fast. So I thougt this could be associated with my old user settings (now I know that it was not already fixed for the N900). So I decided to start with a clean Installation and deleted everything I found in the my docs and documents folder. Installed the latest version again.

The problem now is that for some funny reason my user settings are still there, but the map is gone. :confused:
I can see my car and other users, the dashboard is still working, but I can't see a single street.

So, obviously I would like to see streets again, or make a clean installation again. Where are the user settings stored? Is it possible to download the map? The waze folder in documents is still not there.

Thanks for your help!

damagedspline 2011-12-07 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by loc69 (Post 1133910)
Hi,
I got a problem after upgrading to new version. I used the first release, than I installed the upgrade and it worked perfect, except the speed reading was still very fast. So I thougt this could be associated with my old user settings (now I know that it was not already fixed for the N900). So I decided to start with a clean Installation and deleted everything I found in the my docs and documents folder. Installed the latest version again.

The problem now is that for some funny reason my user settings are still there, but the map is gone. :confused:
I can see my car and other users, the dashboard is still working, but I can't see a single street.

So, obviously I would like to see streets again, or make a clean installation again. Where are the user settings stored? Is it possible to download the map? The waze folder in documents is still not there.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

The speed reading is a known issue which only affects N900.
The settings are stored in /home/user/.waze & /home/user/MyDocs/.waze
remove those 2 folders to start from scratch. if you have v0.0.3 installed they will be recreated when you start waze.

loc69 2011-12-08 19:47

Hi,
thank you for your help. I get my streets back somehow. I have to install the first release (which gave me back my .waze folders) and updated with the latest version. Than I used the "update map" function, which in former tries makes waze shut down.

Anyway it is working again, and I really like it, and it's so great to see it on the N900!!

Thanks for your work.

AgentZ 2011-12-08 20:45

Been watching this app for quite some time, and finally downloaded it to my N900, installed fine rebooted my phone had the Waze icon. Pressed the icon, GPS started and I waited and waited then was brought back to my desktop? Can't seem to get the app to open, any and all help welcomed.

bingomion 2011-12-08 22:39

@AgentZ try running it in the console
/opt/waze/bin/waze
and put up the results

@damagedspline
Great work on this new version!! wow I almost miss the flickering lol

AgentZ 2011-12-09 21:45

don't know if i did it correctly, but it says not found? but in Filebox it shows to be there? tried both as root and nonroot?

damagedspline 2011-12-10 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentZ (Post 1135639)
don't know if i did it correctly, but it says not found? but in Filebox it shows to be there? tried both as root and nonroot?

can you please run the following in terminal post the output of
Code:

ldd /opt/waze/bin/waze

cdufouil 2011-12-16 09:58

Thanks a lot for your program !!

Just a remark ... Do you think it would be possible to optimize a little the speed on N900 in the future ?

damagedspline 2011-12-17 06:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdufouil (Post 1138168)
Thanks a lot for your program !!

Just a remark ... Do you think it would be possible to optimize a little the speed on N900 in the future ?

Yes, it is possible by replacing Waze's horrible ssd widget layer by a Qt widget layer.
The problem is that it is a huge task which might take 2 weeks working full time or a couple of months working on 3-4 hrs per night as a side project like i do now.

Maybe when Nokia will take the N950 back I'll have higher motivation,but if they do, I'll probably drop support for the N9. In the meanwhile my current task is to make all of the features work, only then make it work better.

PS. on the N950 the bad performance is hardly felt so it probably only affecting the battery life...

gianko 2011-12-17 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentZ (Post 1135189)
Been watching this app for quite some time, and finally downloaded it to my N900, installed fine rebooted my phone had the Waze icon. Pressed the icon, GPS started and I waited and waited then was brought back to my desktop? Can't seem to get the app to open, any and all help welcomed.

the same for me!

when running from terminal:

/opt/waze/bin $ ./waze
Segmentation fault
/opt/waze/bin $

ldd /opt/waze/bin/waze give:

Code:

opt/waze/bin $ ldd /opt/waze/bin/waze
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x40025000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40049000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/librt.so.1 (0x40054000)
        libQtLocation.so.1 => /usr/lib/libQtLocation.so.1 (0x40063000)
        libQtSystemInfo.so.1 => /usr/lib/libQtSystemInfo.so.1 (0x40099000)
        libQtMultimediaKit.so.1 => /usr/lib/libQtMultimediaKit.so.1 (0x400f9000)
        libQtContacts.so.1 => /usr/lib/libQtContacts.so.1 (0x401cc000)
        libQtDeclarative.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtDeclarative.so.4 (0x40270000)
        libQtScript.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtScript.so.4 (0x40664000)
        libQtSvg.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtSvg.so.4 (0x4091d000)
        libQtXmlPatterns.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4 (0x4098a000)
        libQtSql.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtSql.so.4 (0x40f0b000)
        libQtOpenGL.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4 (0x40f53000)
        libQtGui.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4 (0x40fe6000)
        libQtNetwork.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4 (0x41b04000)
        libQtDBus.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtDBus.so.4 (0x41c61000)
        libQtXml.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtXml.so.4 (0x41d04000)
        libQtCore.so.4 => /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4 (0x41d5c000)
        libGLESv2.so => /usr/lib/libGLESv2.so (0x4204a000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x4208f000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x420af000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x42190000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x42206000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x42218000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.3 (0x40000000)
        liblocation.so.0 => /usr/lib/liblocation.so.0 (0x4233d000)
        libgconf-2.so.4 => /usr/lib/libgconf-2.so.4 (0x4234d000)
        libdbus-glib-1.so.2 => /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 (0x42371000)
        libdbus-1.so.3 => /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3 (0x42394000)
        libgobject-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0 (0x423d1000)
        libglib-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 (0x42412000)
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x424ee000)
        libXv.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXv.so.1 (0x424fd000)
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x42509000)
        libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x425f8000)
        libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x4260f000)
        libEGL.so => /usr/lib/libEGL.so (0x42682000)
        libXrender.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x4268c000)
        libfontconfig.so.1 => /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 (0x4269c000)
        libgthread-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.0 (0x426c6000)
        libpng12.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 (0x426d2000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x426fa000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x42709000)
        libIMGegl.so => /usr/lib/libIMGegl.so (0x42727000)
        libsrv_um.so => /usr/lib/libsrv_um.so (0x4273c000)
        libgmodule-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.so.0 (0x42758000)
        libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0x42763000)
        libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x4276d000)
        libexpat.so.1 => /usr/lib/libexpat.so.1 (0x4277a000)
/opt/waze/bin $

damagedspline 2011-12-18 06:24

ok, good news and bad news.
bad news: i found that the waze codebase crush because of "invalid" data thaat return from the server. It is invalid because the codebase i ported is too old to handle it. Most of the crushes wont be fixed in the upcoming releases.
good news: upcoming release (v0.0.4) will be here by the next weekend which provide native keyboard support, several bug fixes (hopefully map download, a crush at a certain scenario) and multitouch gestures support for N9/50. After that release i will upgrade the codebase to 2.4 which will change some visuals/ui and contain an assortment of waze fixes. This means that v0.0.5 might take a while, so be patient... plz...

damagedspline 2011-12-20 08:13

v0.0.4 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn-Vs2tjAhU

corduroysack 2011-12-20 10:14

when are you releasing the Deb? looks to be working great? :)

gianko 2011-12-20 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by damagedspline (Post 1138948)
ok, good news and bad news.
bad news: i found that the waze codebase crush because of "invalid" data thaat return from the server. It is invalid because the codebase i ported is too old to handle it. Most of the crushes wont be fixed in the upcoming releases.
good news: upcoming release (v0.0.4) will be here by the next weekend which provide native keyboard support, several bug fixes (hopefully map download, a crush at a certain scenario) and multitouch gestures support for N9/50. After that release i will upgrade the codebase to 2.4 which will change some visuals/ui and contain an assortment of waze fixes. This means that v0.0.5 might take a while, so be patient... plz...

i like to try waze on my n900, but the v0.0.3 i installed is not working, when started give error segmentation fault. i have to wait for the next release or is there a workaround? what if i install previous versions like 0.0.2 or 0.0.1 ?

damagedspline 2011-12-20 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by corduroysack (Post 1139866)
when are you releasing the Deb? looks to be working great? :)

I plan on doing it through Extras-devel for maemo and apps.formeego.com for Harmattan.
N900 will probably get to be the first as the Extras-Assistant & QtCreator integration is awesome!

Bottom line, a couple of days :P

damagedspline 2011-12-20 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by gianko (Post 1139891)
i like to try waze on my n900, but the v0.0.3 i installed is not working, when started give error segmentation fault. i have to wait for the next release or is there a workaround? what if i install previous versions like 0.0.2 or 0.0.1 ?

You can try, if it still crushes with v0.0.4, you might have to wait for v0.0.5 which will be a major release...
Edit: *** once I release the v0.0.4 packages :)