maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Neo900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   questions regarding Neo900 Shop (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95482)

Bearserker 2015-05-11 12:32

questions regarding Neo900 Shop

I'm happy to say I received my voucher today (correct discount), as well as a link to the neo900 shop. :)
Since buying a Neo900 becomes more concrete, I've a few questions for Neo900UG team :

1) The shop's certificate is not verified ! If I buy anything, I'd rather do it on a secured plateform. Do you plan to fix this issue quickly ?

2) I'm evaluating buying the "NeoN kit" only. I have a spare n900 but some of its pieces are broken.
a) What pieces are necessary to build a neo900 (would really be nice if they are listed on the shop page) ?
b) Would the "DIY phase" recquire skills of some sort (for example, solder, file or drill things) ?
c) What tools the "DIY phase" would recquire (which screwdrivers, etc.) ?
3) Would it be possible to get a more accurate information about the "per country" shipping cost ? I'm pretty sure 90€ (excluding VAT) is a bit overpriced for shipping a phone to a neighboring country.

4) Because prices of component may change during the following weeks, but because deciding wether to buy or not can take some time :
a) Will you announce when you are about to source a batch of component (encouraging people to buy before) ?
b) If the price of some components increase when I have already paid but before neo900UG orders a batch of them, will I have to complete with extra € ? Or will this addionnal cost be covered by the whole buyers during the final payment ?
5) I don't want to seem pessimistic but would I be refunded :
a) If the project fails for any reason (huge unexpected costs, too few buyers, major hardware/software problem, legal reasons, etc.) ?
b) If the final cost of a device is greater than the current evaluation and I want to retract before the final payment ?
c) If I want to retract for any personnal reason (such as "cannot afford anymore", or simply "interest lost for this project") before the final payment ?

Thanks by advance ! ;)

dos1 2015-05-12 01:27

Re: Neo900 Shop questions

SOLVED
Does anyone else have problems with certificates?

Anywhere I check - on my Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSuse systems, Maemo, even Android and iOS... no matter which browser - it's trusted. No idea how my boxes differ from yours in this regard.

If anyone else wants to help, you can try https://neo900.org/ as well - mixed-content warning is expected right now, but the cert itself should be trusted.

My Debian sid has both Certum_Root_CA.pem and Certum_Trusted_Network_CA.pem installed in /etc/ssl/certs

Diagnostic tool for debugging:
openssl s_client -showcerts -CApath /etc/ssl/certs -connect neo900.org:443

(on some systems you may have to fix or ommit -CApath option)

[EDIT]
Disregard this post. I'm stupid. All the time I checked neo900.org, assuming for some reason that it'll work the same cause it's the same cert, while shop subdomain was configured a bit differently. Fixed now, thanks for report! :D

jessi3k3 2015-05-12 02:33

Using Chrome on a windows 7 machine

http://i.imgur.com/mSABnhu.png

EDIT: nevermind

joerg_rw 2015-05-12 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearserker (Post 1469967)
I'm happy to say I received my voucher today (correct discount), as well as a link to the neo900 shop. :)
Since buying a Neo900 becomes more concrete, I've a few questions for Neo900UG team :

1) The shop's certificate is not verified ! If I buy anything, I'd rather do it on a secured plateform. Do you plan to fix this issue quickly ?

Dos1 just fixed it. Thanks dos1!
Quote:

2) I'm evaluating buying the "NeoN kit" only. I have a spare n900 but some of its pieces are broken.
a) What pieces are necessary to build a neo900 (would really be nice if they are listed on the shop page) ?
b) Would the "DIY phase" recquire skills of some sort (for example, solder, file or drill things) ?
c) What tools the "DIY phase" would recquire (which screwdrivers, etc.) ?

a) (which pieces) All but the mainboard. However we can provide some (not all) spare parts if needed.
b) (skills) No particular skills beyond those also needed to build a house of cards or swap battery of a delicate tiny gadget, turning a screwdriver gently.
c) (tools) we provide all tools you possibly need, though of course only low-cost version.
Quote:

3) Would it be possible to get a more accurate information about the "per country" shipping cost ? I'm pretty sure 90€ (excluding VAT) is a bit overpriced for shipping a phone to a neighboring country.

those are cost items not as simple as "fedex fee", they consist of labor packaging handling whatnot, possibly even margin for resellers, and yes they are all calculated high so we won't have to tell you about increased cost a second time.
Quote:

4) Because prices of component may change during the following weeks, but because deciding wether to buy or not can take some time :
a) Will you announce when you are about to source a batch of component (encouraging people to buy before) ?
b) If the price of some components increase when I have already paid but before neo900UG orders a batch of them, will I have to complete with extra € ? Or will this addionnal cost be covered by the whole buyers during the final payment ?

a) we already completed first such batch sourcing, for the 1GB RAM PoP chips. That however doesn't mean that was the deadline, I'm planning to source some more as soon as enough funds arrived to do so. Same applies for all other risk part batch sourcing.
b) I don't expect that to happen, so I haven't thought about how to handle that case.

Quote:

5) I don't want to seem pessimistic but would I be refunded :
a) If the project fails for any reason (huge unexpected costs, too few buyers, major hardware/software problem, legal reasons, etc.) ?
b) If the final cost of a device is greater than the current evaluation and I want to retract before the final payment ?
c) If I want to retract for any personnal reason (such as "cannot afford anymore", or simply "interest lost for this project") before the final payment ?

We promised to refund donations equally from remaining funds when project has to be discontinued for whatever reason (a massive price increase *after* you completed the pre-order for sure could create such a reason where we had to discontinue and refund).
When you want to bail out for whatever reasons, we want to handle this a way that's most convenient to you, but obviously we can't allow all customers would do that at will at any time, since this would instantly kill the project right away. If there's a personal problem, please contact me in email, I'm sure we can find a solution.

When you think anything could get handled in a better way by Neo900 UG, please don't be shy to bring it up and let's discuss it. Thanks for your questions which gave the opportunity to clarify a few things :)

cheers
jOERG

pichlo 2015-05-12 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by joerg_rw (Post 1470077)
a) (which pieces) All but the mainboard.

That may be interpreted in a number of ways and hence may need some clarification. I may interpret it to mean everything that sits on the mainboard, including for example the camera, whilst you may have meant just the bare mainboard, without the RAM, CPU or indeed any components soldered on at all.

Bearserker 2015-05-12 18:46

Since, according to the same post, DIY doesn't need to solder anything, I assume the assembly doesn't need any component which is soldered to the main board, so for me it's pretty clear.

However, I wonder how every piece can be re-used while increasing the size of the device by 2.8mm. I thought at least some piece of the case were supposed to be replaced (and so, maybe some screws too).

Can anyone enlight us on this point ? :o

joerg_rw 2015-05-12 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearserker (Post 1470155)
However, I wonder how every piece can be re-used while increasing the size of the device by 2.8mm. I thought at least some piece of the case were supposed to be replaced (and so, maybe some screws too).

please see
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...me#post1420401
http://neo900.org/stuff/joerg/spacerframe/sketch.pdf
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94191
and related posts

@pichlo: We currently conider the complete mainboard incl all mounted components (excl plugged display / flex) a swappable item. Incl camera*) and all.

*)N97 camera plus "normal" connector is way cheaper and easier to source than a SMIA95 socket we'd need to re-use N900 cam module - the latter is basically hardened unobtainium for the "through hole" variant. And since the N97 (et al) camera is widely available spare part and not too expensive and same (or allegedly better quality) cam module anyway, just with a flex cable attached...

/j

reinob 2015-05-16 16:50

Re: Neo900 - finally a successor of N900

@Joerg,

I post this here, as it may be of interest to others.

I received my voucher, and have already made my pre-order for a complete device. All went fine and smooth.

Now, my voucher was bigger than the pre-order amount, so I receive a new voucher automatically with the remaining amount. I then went put 120x "Down payment top up" and put my voucher code (which is for EUR 20). When I hit "OK" I get "There is 1 error. You have not reached the minimum amount required to use this voucher".

I don't know why there's a minimum, nor the value of it. I can just make top up ignoring my voucher, but it might be useful and informative if you (plural you) can explain how this should work?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

joerg_rw 2015-05-16 18:02

[edit]FIXED[/edit]

Quote:

Originally Posted by reinob (Post 1470496)
I received my voucher, and have already made my pre-order for a complete device. All went fine and smooth.

Now, my voucher was bigger than the pre-order amount, so I receive a new voucher automatically with the remaining amount. I then went put 120x "Down payment top up" and put my voucher code (which is for EUR 20). When I hit "OK" I get "There is 1 error. You have not reached the minimum amount required to use this voucher".

Many Thanks for noting this. It seems I created the vouchers with a minimum total sales amount of 350.- since that's the minimum of the both base products. I somehow thought that I could enforce top-ups to get bought only by customers who also order the basic Down Payment of either Neo900 or NeoN.
Seems it works :o:p
I adjusted your (and another similar) voucher usage-limit for now, as a stop-gap. As a work around for other customers: please try to order top-ups from voucher only together with one of the two base products, so your pre-voucher-rebate invoice is >=350.
"Long term" I will see how to change/remove that voucher limit, I obviously failed to consider a few valid use cases :p
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks again
jOERG

reinob 2015-05-16 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by joerg_rw (Post 1470503)
It seems I created the vouchers with a minimum total sales amount of 350.- since that's the minimum of the both base products.

OK. It does make sense. I guess I wanted first to make sure the voucher-payment itself worked (which it did), but then I missed the expected use-case :)

I'll make my top-up now. Note that I haven't seen yet which payment options are offered. I hope either creditcard, bank transfer and/or "lastschrift" are available.

Will report back if I encounter any issues..

Cheers and thanks again.

Add.: Worked like a charm. I even increased the amount a bit. Bank transfer already done, should take a couple of working days.

joerg_rw 2015-05-16 19:09

Short Note: http://wstaw.org/m/2015/05/16/plasma-desktopJV1947.png is to avoid people getting confused and adding only one top-up to their order, by clicking on "Add To Cart".
For adding top-ups please click the picture to get to product detail page where you can adjust amount according to the instructions
/j

l_bratch 2015-05-18 08:53

FYI, when creating a new user account in the shop, the URLs in the activation email are broken.

The URLs are sent as:

Code:

<a href="%7Bvalidation_link%7D">foo</a>
and

Code:

<a href="%7Bshop_url%7Dindex.php?fc=module&amp;module=mackstorescustomerreg&amp;controller=resendvalc">foo</a>
and

Code:

<a style="color:#337ff1;" href="%7Bshop_url%7D">foo</a>
Thanks!
Luke

Edit:
The same applies for the order confirmation and payment confirmation emails.

Edit 2:
I forgot to say - the content in the tags is present and does conveniently contain the URLs, only the href attributes are missing.

m4l0c 2015-05-18 19:10

Hi everybody,
soo it's time to buy :)
i want to get mainboard. But on the shop i don't know what spare part i need. My n900 is not in good condition so i think i will need to by some parts.
Coul it be possible to list them somewhere :)

joerg_rw 2015-05-18 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by m4l0c (Post 1470755)
Hi everybody,
soo it's time to buy :)
i want to get mainboard. But on the shop i don't know what spare part i need. My n900 is not in good condition so i think i will need to by some parts.
Coul it be possible to list them somewhere :)

Hi!
a quick answer: you need the complete display half (LCD, touchpanel, frontcam LED ALS etc, slider mech, caseframe) and the plastic case, stylus, battery lid etc from bottom half. All the electronics (incl the switches themselves, but not their buttons you can touch. Incl USB jack) in bottom half get swapped for the new mainboard. I.E. the "light swap package", see below.

Eventually we will create a comprehensive list of parts. For now I suggest to go for e.g. http://originalspareparts.com.ua/phones/nokia/n900#c and http://www.cellular-parts.com/pdflists/Nokia.pdf. Sorry there are no better sources for such info yet. We provide new "light swap package" and of course new screws for those marked "disposable" in lowest section of the exploded view. We can provide a few other selected spare parts on request.

cheers
jOERG

m4l0c 2015-05-18 22:09

Thank you for the answer and links, i will check it.

mithrandir 2015-05-18 22:18

From the shop:

"Please note that the telephony module is an integral part of the device and cannot be easily changed. Anyway until we start sourcing the modules, you can change your order to get another variant. Please send us a message for doing so."

Could you send a reminder mail before the time slot for this option closes? At least I am quite unsure regarding the modem selection.

Thanks

mith

fidel 2015-05-18 22:40

I've place my order.

But then I read some comments here about "topping up". So I took another look and discovered its an option BEFORE you order the device but not AFTER.

Needless to say my extra money is sitting here waiting for you to make it an option.

P.S. I also have a "small" voucher that I'd like to combine with additional cash when you add the "top up" functionality.

joerg_rw 2015-05-19 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithrandir (Post 1470803)
From the shop:

"Please note that the telephony module is an integral part of the device and cannot be easily changed. Anyway until we start sourcing the modules, you can change your order to get another variant. Please send us a message for doing so."

Could you send a reminder mail before the time slot for this option closes? At least I am quite unsure regarding the modem selection.

Thanks

mith

Of course! Actually the modems are not really a risk part, they are like the contrary of risk part, with Nikolaus having good contacts to ex-Siemens-now-Gemalto. For you this means we will probably source the modems at start of production and you can (re)select your modem option even with the final payment which happens 2 weeks or so before production starts and 4 - 6 weeks before we start shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidel (Post 1470805)
I've place my order.

But then I read some comments here about "topping up". So I took another look and discovered its an option BEFORE you order the device but not AFTER.

Needless to say my extra money is sitting here waiting for you to make it an option.

P.S. I also have a "small" voucher that I'd like to combine with additional cash when you add the "top up" functionality.

You actually can buy the top-ups independantly of the basic products, it's just not meant to be the standard case that people would order top-ups only, that's why you find them top-ups under "accessories" in the base products' detail pages only. Click on it and choose the amount you want. It's just easier for us to handle this in one order.
Also see http://neo900.org/shop-walk-through/ - usually you order your base product (Neo900 or NeoN) and then go back shopping from cart, instead of going to checkout.
[edit] or even better: while reading and configuring (e.g. kbd layout comment) the base product, you rightmouse-click on the top-up picture to open it in a second window/tab and add it to cart there. Then you close that second window. The top-ups will already be there in your cart when you finish on main product and add it to cart as well. Then proceed to checkout

cheers
jOERG

l_bratch 2015-05-19 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 1470822)
When I create an account on neo900.org, do I need to use the same email address I used when I placed my original donation? The reason I ask is that I originally created a "goldelico" email alias for my domain when I placed my original donation which now seems somewhat inappropriate so I'd now like to create a new email alias for Neo900 UG.

I've been wondering about email address changing too. I've been using an old email address for all Neo900 project correspondence (from original GDC payment through to neo900.org) in case changing it breaks everything. But I'd really like to change it!

juiceme 2015-05-19 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_bratch (Post 1470834)
I've been wondering about email address changing too. I've been using an old email address for all Neo900 project correspondence (from original GDC payment through to neo900.org) in case changing it breaks everything. But I'd really like to change it!

I can tell you it is possible to change it, this info was given to me by Dos1

dos1 2015-05-19 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_bratch (Post 1470834)

The voucher you got is not bound to particular e-mail address, so you're free to register in the shop using any other e-mail, user data or invoice/shipping addresses; and from now on we will only use this new data.

The voucher code is the only connection between old donation and new shop account. Feel free to change your e-mail when registering in the shop :)

Rombobjörn 2015-05-19 23:38

Registering in the shop went smoothly until I tried to follow the activation link. Then I got an error message about an invalid email address format. That seemed quite bizarre at first, as the shop had just successfully sent me an email. Then I noticed that a part of the activation link looked similar to an email address, but it wasn't my address. And yet some parts of it were eerily familiar.

It turned out that it was the email address I had given to the shop, only it had been obfuscated with rot-13. That address contained a plus sign, and the plus sign was not percent-encoded in the activation link, and unencoded plus signs have special meanings in some places in a URI. Replacing the plus with "%2B" produced a working activation URI.

So the shop software should be fixed to encode its URIs correctly, but until then, if anyone else has the same problem, try this trick.

That obfuscation seems entirely pointless by the way. Not only is rot-13 worthless, but the un-obfuscated address is included in the email anyway.

joerg_rw 2015-05-19 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rombobjörn (Post 1470950)
Registering in the shop went smoothly until I tried to follow the activation link. Then I got an error message about an invalid email address format. That seemed quite bizarre at first, as the shop had just successfully sent me an email. Then I noticed that a part of the activation link looked similar to an email address, but it wasn't my address. And yet some parts of it were eerily familiar.

It turned out that it was the email address I had given to the shop, only it had been obfuscated with rot-13. That address contained a plus sign, and the plus sign was not percent-encoded in the activation link, and unencoded plus signs have special meanings in some places in a URI. Replacing the plus with "%2B" produced a working activation URI.

So the shop software should be fixed to encode its URIs correctly, but until then, if anyone else has the same problem, try this trick.

That obfuscation seems entirely pointless by the way. Not only is rot-13 worthless, but the un-obfuscated address is included in the email anyway.

Many thanks!
alas the module is a "commercial product" and that algo is not invented here. I dunno what we'll do to fix it. Obviously we need to do something about it.

cheers
jOERG

Wikiwide 2015-05-20 03:49

That's the joy... Does this module have open source code, or does it require submitting the bug to developer of the module?

Thank you,
Best wishes.

endsormeans 2015-05-20 04:31

Speaking on the topic..
I too had difficulties with my firefox browser ..it didn't like the shop..
tried a few times..figured it was my settings..
rooted through them but couldn't find anything concrete to pin it to.
I wasn't about to spend all day figuring out the "why"...
I simply resorted to gurgle chrome to get the job done..
No prob with chrome browser.

edit: actually come to think of it that isn't a very clear answer..."it didn't like the shop"..hehe..
I had no prob with email's from the neoteam / neo ug with firefox...
Initially the 1st went into my junk folder until I set the browser to regard neoteam / neo ug email as ok. everything was fine since..
nor was navigating to the neo shop with firefox a problem.
My problem came inside the shop..
Firefox wouldn't open some pages.

DDark 2015-05-20 04:48

From my experience with email authentication, the link is inside the mail html code, not in <a href> it supposed to be, but it got some garbage in between the variables. You can confirm your mail, if you take the sent link and restore it to the syntax shown in joerg_rw posted tutorial

joerg_rw 2015-05-20 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikiwide (Post 1470972)
That's the joy... Does this module have open source code, or does it require submitting the bug to developer of the module?

Thank you,
Best wishes.

It's PHP and tpl, the the source is "open" but not free.
stuff/joerg/tmp/presta/mackstorescustomerreg/read%20me%20first%20(disclaimer).txt says:
Quote:

The author is hereby granted permission, to the user of these modules, themes or modifications to use freely in association with Prestashop. The users are free to use/edit/modify these modules in anyway he/she see fit. However, the users are NOT allowed to redistribute, provide download link, or display download link of these modules, themes, or modifications to his/her blog, Forum, or website of any kind in anyway or send out modules, themes, or modifications to the third party by email or resell or redistribute these modules, themes, or modifications to exchange any intangible, tangible or monetary value with its original format.
[edit] I hope for dos1 fixing it by inserting a code line to escape illegal chars from URL or somesuch

joerg_rw 2015-05-20 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by endsormeans (Post 1470973)
My problem came inside the shop..
Firefox wouldn't open some pages.

Please provide the URLs so we can fix it. Thanks.
/j

endsormeans 2015-05-20 16:08

Well that is weird..
I just tried to duplicate the situation with firefox and the shop site...
and If I go directly into the shop it's no problem now..

(Now the big prob I did find the 1st time around... and I haven't duplicated it since (it would mean ordering a second board ...which I really would love to do :) ) was the last steps in the ordering process..firefox didn't want to show the last steps in ordering..hence I ended up having to use chrome.)

The https://my.neo900.org/ http://neo900.org/pre-orders-and-vouchers links in the emails works fine..

But now ..If I use the other links provided in the emails
"order history" https://{history_url}/
"my account" https://{my_account_url}/
"guest tracking" https://{guest_tracking_url}/?id_order={order_name}
show up thus..
they aren't working properly. At least in my firefox anyway.

Anyway ..can't expect total seamless compatibility with every browser on the planet..
didn't confuse me or put me out in any way ..
I figured if I couldn't accomplish it in firefox another browser suffice.
I'm just happy to have been able to order.

joerg_rw 2015-05-20 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by endsormeans (Post 1471015)
But now ..If I use the other links provided in the emails
"order history" "my account" "guest tracking"
they aren't working properly. At least in my firefox anyway.

the first 2 need log-in to work, which your browser might not do automatically. The third one is bogus and shouldn't be there to start with - I'll check if I can kick it out of the email template [edit] think I already did.
Thanks!
/j

endsormeans 2015-05-20 16:26

glad to help :)

macey 2015-05-23 10:54

Well, I have just placed my order. However, this time I didn't
spot the field where you enter the voucher code.

I did see the field last time I partially placed an order.
So I still have an 'un-redeemed ' voucher.

joerg_rw 2015-05-23 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by macey (Post 1471325)
Well, I have just placed my order. However, this time I didn't
spot the field where you enter the voucher code.

I did see the field last time I partially placed an order.
So I still have an 'un-redeemed ' voucher.

http://wstaw.org/m/2015/05/24/plasma-desktopDh1947.png

Also see http://neo900.org/shop-walk-through/ "Redeem your voucher"

If the field is actually missing for you, please let us know so we can fix it. Thanks!

[UPDATE] seems under certain conditions for a very few cases the voucher code field doesn't show. We're investigating, meanwhile a logout and re-login should fix it (your cart will stay) - at least it did so far, it seems. Sorry for the inconvenience! When you encounter this problem, please let us know exact details of your procedure, so we can have a closer look what might trigger the problem. Thanks!

pichlo 2015-05-24 06:53

Is it possible to redeem more than one voucher against a single purchase?

(I know, I know. Just try. But I still have not received my vouchers. I know, my fault. Sebastian has contacted me with a request for details but I haven't had the opportunity yet to respond oroperly :()

joerg_rw 2015-05-24 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1471367)
Is it possible to redeem more than one voucher against a single purchase?

When we issued multiple vouchers on one device serial number since the payments been for the same device, then you of course can use those multiple vouchers on one device order. Generally we concatenated multiple payments into one voucher in this case though. So when you actually received multiple vouchers on same device serial number and want to use them on one device order, please contact us so we can fix the mistake and make sure the shop doesn't reject them.
The vouchers the shop creates as "change" when your order payable is lower than the voucher value are of course usable again on your account, even multiple vouchers on one device order on your account. So if you for example received 2 vouchers over 600.- and you order two times NeoN board = 2 * 350.- Down Payment, you have 2 new "change" vouchers a 250.- which can get used in one order for e.g. a Neo900 Down Payment 480.- and you receive a change voucher again with value 20.-.
Generally we issued one voucher per device and you cannot concatenate devices into one, we wouldn't know what to do with the components we already sourced for the devices.

/j

pichlo 2015-05-25 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by joerg_rw (Post 1471369)
Generally we issued one voucher per device and you cannot concatenate devices into one, we wouldn't know what to do with the components we already sourced for the devices.

Thanks, that's what I meant by my question. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

There can be multiple reasons for wanting to concentrate vouchers for several devices into one. The most obvious is the case of people no longer wanting the device due to the price increase. The most natural thing to do in such a case is pass on the voucher to someone else, who may want to concentrate it with his/her own voucher.

Another case is possibly rather rare, but I have one such client I serve as a proxy for. He made the first donation a long time ago when he resided in the EU. Then he moved out and asked me to make a top-up payment on his behalf, only remembering to tell me about the first payment post-actum. Those two payments came from two different sources and will generate two vouchers, but we would like to concatenate them into one.

Regarding surplus components, you will for sure end up with a lot anyway due to people pulling out after the price hike.

joerg_rw 2015-05-25 13:18

For special cases like the one you mentioned where linking between two donations meant for one device was not made, please contact us in mail.
Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1471472)
Regarding surplus components, you will for sure end up with a lot anyway due to people pulling out after the price hike.

What makes you think so? We're already at ~120 devices ordered and down payment paid, and counting. For very obvious reasons we cannot concatenate devices into one, initial donations were meant to count as one device ordered already, and we acted accordingly. GDC subtracted wages from the original donations which we re-added to the voucher value since donors paid for the development which will benefit their device - if we concatenate multiple devices into one, we would concatenate that "value add" which I don't know how to fairly calculate. Of course you're free to find new customers to use your voucher, any time. It stays valid infinitely. However keep in mind that supply might be limited eventually, if we completed sourcing of some risk parts and can't get new ones. Or you keep your voucher and wait until end of project, when we actually can calculate how much to deduct for R&D before we could refund the voucher's remaining value.

cheers
jOERG

update 2015-06-01: 153 and counting

ja11bs 2015-06-01 03:23

please make it possible to buy the complete Neo900 on Indiegogo or Kickstarter 😃

macey 2015-06-01 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja11bs (Post 1472087)
please make it possible to buy the complete Neo900 on Indiegogo or Kickstarter 😃

why????????

joerg_rw 2015-06-01 10:26

Shop Officially Opened