maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   2.2.1.18 Nurmonjoki (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100455)

pichlo 2018-09-05 19:27

2.2.1.18 Nurmonjoki

I think we deserve a new thread, rather than hiding it in the Sailfish X thread.

To start it off, is it just me or have the new photos started being added to the end of the list in Gallery? At first I thought they were not being added at all and I wiped my thumbnails and then watched them being recreated in Gallery... at the back. All pictures taken before the system upgrade were ordered newest at the front, all those taken after the upgrade were newest at the back. Did the database refresh in Utilities, same result.

Mind you, I consider the "newest at the end" order more logical, but "newest at the front" is fine too. Not this weird mix though.

Unreasonable Behaviour 2018-09-05 19:45

Re: 2.2.1.18 Nurmonjoki

I have tested right now and I can't confirm this on my X. Where do you store new photos? I save them internally and move them time to time to sd card later on.

pagis 2018-09-05 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1548061)
To start it off, is it just me or have the new photos started being added to the end of the list in Gallery? At first I thought they were not being added at all and I wiped my thumbnails and then watched them being recreated in Gallery... at the back. All pictures taken before the system upgrade were ordered newest at the front, all those taken after the upgrade were newest at the back. Did the database refresh in Utilities, same result.

Mine is in chronological order, i.e. newest on top. Check your pic metadata Date field.

pichlo 2018-09-05 20:20

@Unreasonable, internally and move, just like you.

@pagis, I also have them newest on top, until I take a new one.
ThatT gets added at the bottom.

Dave999 2018-09-05 20:24

A new thread?? What’s is going on?

Is it an upgrade or downgrade. Is it official or something else ?

Only for MrX and not for the original gangsta jPhone?

pagis 2018-09-05 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1548065)
@pagis, I also have them newest on top, until I take a new one.
ThatT gets added at the bottom.

I just took a new picture, it appears at the top of the gallery. My camera settings are configured to store pics directly on SD card, I also have around 2.8k pics, from previous years and devices, in other folders, they still appear on a chronological order in gallery.

Actually, earlier today I did reset the media database, and rebooted the device (I did reboot because after the db reset the gallery had 0 pics, so I did the reboot after 10min or so, there might be an issue actually there).

Dave999 2018-09-05 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagis (Post 1548067)
I just took a new picture, it appears at the top of the gallery. My camera settings are configured to store pics directly on SD card, I also have around 2.8k pics, from previous years and devices, in other folders, they still appear on a chronological order in gallery.

Ok. So it is a hot-fix for galley app. Gr8!

mosen 2018-09-05 20:45

The email app has greatly improved in speed. opening attached pdfs was a real pain before and now works nicely. I know because i open about 5 pdf order attachments per day and since yesterday it feels like someone pulled a stick from the gears.

xperia x specific i can not see much improvement.
At first i thought wake-up-freeze was fixed but i got it in usual frequency if the phone wakes from sleep...
I am sad that bluetooth issues still persit. I actually listen to music much fewer since i use xperia x and my JBLs are collecting dust :(

catbus 2018-09-05 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosen (Post 1548070)
xperia x specific i can not see much improvement.
At first i thought wake-up-freeze was fixed but i got it in usual frequency if the phone wakes from sleep...
I am sad that bluetooth issues still persit. I actually listen to music much fewer since i use xperia x and my JBLs are collecting dust :(

...but thanks god and other creatures, icons and emojis look much better now...

--

rcolistete 2018-09-06 04:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosen (Post 1548070)

My Xperia X F5122 with Sailfish works with JBL bluetooth speakers.
Only Jolla Tablet doesn't since some update 6 or more months ago, even with the same Sailfish OS version used on Xperia X.

Fellfrosch 2018-09-06 05:24

Has anybody else this strange problem?:
If you want to wtrite a new mail it's hardly possible to hit the + for opening contacts also if you first write the subject of the mail, you can't go back in the first line to write the receiver.
If you open the extended settings all work like expected.

juiceme 2018-09-06 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1548066)
A new thread?? What’s is going on?
Is it an upgrade or downgrade. Is it official or something else ?
Only for MrX and not for the original gangsta jPhone?

Official "early adopters version", which means you have to sign in to the ea-program to get it.
It goes live for everyone to update to in a couple of weeks, if there are no showstopper bugs discovered by early adopters.
(and sometimes the final version contains some small bugfixes to the ea-version)

Just as usual, the update is for all official devices, Jolla does a pretty good job in maintaining the old phones too.

Fellfrosch 2018-09-06 06:25

Interestingly, they made Jakibakis Keyboard Swipe patch a standard. Unfortunately they didn't make Alina's Volume control patch standard. I miss that patch a lot and fear I have to wait until Nurmonjoki is official.

pichlo 2018-09-06 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1548077)
Has anybody else this strange problem?:
If you want to wtrite a new mail it's hardly possible to hit the + for opening contacts also if you first write the subject of the mail, you can't go back in the first line to write the receiver.
If you open the extended settings all work like expected.

Yes, can confirm.

juiceme 2018-09-06 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1548079)
Interestingly, they made Jakibakis Keyboard Swipe patch a standard.

Yo wot??
Not on my device, at least. Or do you need to activate it from some setting?

Markkyboy 2018-09-06 07:16

I also have the mail problem as described by Fellfrosch. The plus button disappears and does not open contacts and then tapping back in the 'to' field does nothing, so the new mail needs closing in order to have focus on the 'to' line again. (Jolla1)

Fellfrosch 2018-09-06 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1548082)
Yo wot??

Sorry for spreading FUD. I've rebooted my device and now it doesn't work anymore. So there must have gone something wrong with my patches in patchmanager. I had this patch enabled and after a reboot it didn't work, so I disabled it. Then it started to work so I thought Jolla implemented it and activating the patch now leads to the opposite. :o

Markkyboy 2018-09-06 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1548082)
Yo wot??

Remnants of a previous install. I've never used Jakibaki's keyboard, so it's not on my device at all, I can't see any evidence of the keyboard on my Jolla1.

Fellfrosch 2018-09-06 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markkyboy (Post 1548083)
I also have the mail problem as described by Fellfrosch. The plus button disappears and does not open contacts and then tapping back in the 'to' field does nothing, so the new mail needs closing in order to have focus on the 'to' line again.

No you don't have to close it just tap on the three dots and open extended settings, than everything is working again.

itdoesntmatt 2018-09-06 07:31

this update did break something with Okboard, at least on my xperia x.

pichlo 2018-09-06 08:44

The old issue discussed at great length here is still present.
More than a year since it was first observed.

juiceme 2018-09-06 10:06

And the update also redefined the group permissions, so my ping stopped working again...

Same solution as after update to 2.2.0 Mouhijoki is needed;
Code:

devel-su usermod -a -G net_raw nemo

gerbick 2018-09-06 17:02

That is an usermod?

wolke 2018-09-06 17:38

(that cmd adds a supplementary group to user nemo 'net_raw', which is required by ping executable so you dont have to do su to ping)

branja 2018-09-06 18:24

Hello people. I have an Intex Aqua fish with the latest software, and I have a problem (I also faced this issue on the previous version of SFOS). Sometimes, when I try to use data instead of wi-fi internet, I simply cannot connect. It gets sorted out (I am able to connect via data) when I restart my device.
Has anybody faced this issue?

Korkkiruuvi 2018-09-06 18:32

Hey anybody knows about xperia x processor utilization? I tried aida64 application and I see that sometimes core 5 and 6 is active so is finally higher performance cores (cortex a72 cores) in use when they needed? Or is the improvement for this subject coming in future? If all cores is properly use, it will makes xperia x very high performance device, I believe if there is benchmark application it would show a lot of more points.

wrm 2018-09-06 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by branja (Post 1548102)
Hello people. I have an Intex Aqua fish with the latest software, and I have a problem (I also faced this issue on the previous version of SFOS). Sometimes, when I try to use data instead of wi-fi internet, I simply cannot connect. It gets sorted out (I am able to connect via data) when I restart my device.
Has anybody faced this issue?

Never had with previous versions, but happened today with 2.2.1.18. New bug?

Dave999 2018-09-06 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1548078)
Official "early adopters version", which means you have to sign in to the ea-program to get it.
It goes live for everyone to update to in a couple of weeks, if there are no showstopper bugs discovered by early adopters.
(and sometimes the final version contains some small bugfixes to the ea-version)

Just as usual, the update is for all official devices, Jolla does a pretty good job in maintaining the old phones too.

Does it work?

pichlo 2018-09-06 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1548111)
Does it work?

In a word, yes. If you need more words, read the release notes and the thread.

mosen 2018-09-06 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcolistete (Post 1548076)
My Xperia X F5122 with Sailfish works with JBL bluetooth speakers.
Only Jolla Tablet doesn't since some update 6 or more months ago, even with the same Sailfish OS version used on Xperia X.

I need to ask which jbl model(s) you have.

Mine are Flip 3 and Charge 2 from late 2016.
Both work fine with any other bluetooth a2dp capable device i own and tested from friends.
Also my beloved alpine car head unit shows the same symptoms as the jbls with sailfish x.

Connection works.
But after 10-30 seconds of actual playback, some severe stuttering occurs for some seconds.
Followed by seconds of double speed playback.
It feels like a buffer underrun followed by a try to catch up to sync.

Another observation is, my solus 3.9999 linux lenovo w541 laptop behaves the same as sailfish X with those 3 bt devices :eek:

Sailfish x and solus OS utilize the same Bluez version so my hope is that some fix might come from that side "somewhen".

claustn 2018-09-06 23:01

Updated Intex with ssu release, no problems.
Jolla 1 instead, using the update in settings, was locked with the full white progress bar and I had to remove the battery. After a reboot everything works excpet the virtual keyboard, it does not appear at all!

kaari 2018-09-07 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustn (Post 1548122)
Updated Intex with ssu release, no problems.
Jolla 1 instead, using the update in settings, was locked with the full white progress bar and I had to remove the battery. After a reboot everything works excpet the virtual keyboard, it does not appear at all!

Hi,

Do you have OkBoard? If you have, disable it and install new version. Should work after that.

nieldk 2018-09-07 10:39

1 Attachment(s)
Not quite that lucky here.
Guys, stop updating LOL

pichlo 2018-09-09 08:30

Where are sent emails stored on the device?

I have encountered a strange thing. I was composing an email but half way through I realized i had to refer to something in an earlier email from the same person and the only way to get back to it was to exit the email I was composing which put it in Drafts. When I got back to finish my draft and send it, it bounced with the recipient's server complaining that my email was "not RFC compliant" because it contained "multiple From headers".

I can successfully reproduce the issue at will, as long as the recipient's email is blablabla@gmail.com. I have tried other destinations but not yet found one that triggers the same issue.

When I inspected my sent email, the one that gmail was complaining about, in another email client that can show the full headers, I do not see any duplicate headers, but it might be that my client is trying to be clever and merging duplicates.

Hence my question, where are the sent emails stored on the device, in their raw form? The obvious places did not yield anything useful.

deutch1976 2018-09-10 15:35

Is it just me or something is not right? Just bought a used Xperia X, unlocked bootloader myself, bought a Sailfish license, installed it and found two problems. First is that i cannot get google play to install o even work. Second problem is that Android support does not work after 2 updates on 2.2.1.18. Any ideas?
I cannot even start Android Support from menu

MartinK 2018-09-10 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by deutch1976 (Post 1548270)
Is it just me or something is not right? Just bought a used Xperia X, unlocked bootloader myself, bought a Sailfish license, installed it and found two problems. First is that i cannot get google play to install o even work. Second problem is that Android support does not work after 2 updates on 2.2.1.18. Any ideas?
I cannot even start Android Support from menu

For issue 1) you can try this unofficial and unsupported community guide:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-on-xperia-x/

For issue number 2) - I guess try checking journal to see if there are any errors ? Also it should be possible to reinstall Android support via the store app.

deutch1976 2018-09-10 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinK (Post 1548272)
For issue 1) you can try this unofficial and unsupported community guide:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-on-xperia-x/

For issue number 2) - I guess try checking journal to see if there are any errors ? Also it should be possible to reinstall Android support via the store app.

My biggest problem seems to be that i have no authorization to move files to /opt/alien/system/priv-app

DrYak 2018-09-13 07:45

did the upgrade on my Xperia X yesterday (my daily use device. The "for tests" Jolla 1 was done earlier)

Like for a few other users, when reaching 100%, the upgrade process stops and freezes instead of rebooting into the fresh new system as it should.

Did take a few step to investigate.

the Xperia X is showing on the USB bus.

but it doesn't show on the network (I've set it up to to automatically default to "dev mode")

in fact it's not showing up as a usb-network device at all.

it shows up as a Linux File-CD Gadget (a type of hybrid device that both shsows up as flash (e.g.: /dev/sde) and as an emulated CD-ROM drive (e.g.: /dev/sg1) )

LOLWUT?!?

forcing the reboot manually (power + volume up) brings everything back to normal and boots into the brand new 2.2.1.18

Seems to me that it's linked to something on the Qualcom SoC ('s firmware ?) going bonkers instead of performing the necessary reboot.

pichlo 2018-09-13 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1548209)
Where are sent emails stored on the device?

Nobody knows?

Fellfrosch 2018-09-13 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1548393)
Nobody knows?

What do you mean?

in the mail application?
> In the Sent folder

In filesystem?
> Where all other mails are stored:
Code:

/home/nemo/.qmf/mail