maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [GONE to Taixzo] Black N9 64Gb free to a good home (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94461)

coneosilence 2015-01-14 20:33

[GONE to Taixzo] Black N9 64Gb free to a good home

2 Attachment(s)
Hi.
I have upgraded to a Jolla and have a spare N9 to give away to someone, preferably a dev, who has worked hard for the community.
PR1.3 40.2012.21-3_PR_006 (UAE)
SIM tray doesn't hold properly due to outer body damage.
Original screen with no scratches.
Taker will pay for shipping from Australia.

[edit] Added photos
[edit] Been posted to Taixzo for saera development

Cheers.
Richard.

Alexxxl 2015-01-15 13:32

Re: Black N9 64Gb free to a good home

no one else wanted?

peterleinchen 2015-01-15 15:21

I could also think of a usage for it:
donate to Maemo e.V. for any upcoming event?

jimmy neutron 2015-01-15 22:25

Hi Richard,

Maybe you can donate it to Cepi.. if you still have it (dev whatsup flowplayer filebox and more).. So he can use it for development purposes. i think a spare n9 for cepi (and community) can't do anybody harm right?

Kind Regards J Neutron

coneosilence 2015-01-16 00:08

Hi Jimmy.
Did a wee search and two Cepi's came up. Is it CepiPerez in Argentina?
Ta.

karan5chaos 2015-01-16 05:06

I wish i could have an n9 for myself . i always wanted to get my hands on one because its the last of the nokia's legendary devices .. unfortunately for me , it never got released in my country and nobody in my contact had one . you are doing a good job by giving it to a dev . im a developer but im a amateur at this point (just finished three years of studing) and im looking forward to contribute to this wonderful meego community . :)

jimmy neutron 2015-01-16 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by coneosilence (Post 1456821)
Hi Jimmy.
Did a wee search and two Cepi's came up. Is it CepiPerez in Argentina?
Ta.

Hi Richard, yes it,s CepiPerez...

Kind Regards... J Neutron

pistachio 2015-01-16 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan5chaos (Post 1456831)
I wish i could have an n9 for myself . i always wanted to get my hands on one because its the last of the nokia's legendary devices .. unfortunately for me , it never got released in my country and nobody in my contact had one . you are doing a good job by giving it to a dev . im a developer but im a amateur at this point (just finished three years of studing) and im looking forward to contribute to this wonderful meego community . :)

Hello karan5chaos, by your name I guess you are from India (and yeah N9 never got released in india), still anyway if u can get above device as a developer, it's well and good, otherwise if you want to buy, there r more than 50 N9 available on OLX. I bought mine in just 4500 INR. You can see all here. http://olx.in/all-results/q-nokia-n9/

pichlo 2015-01-16 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy neutron (Post 1456807)
Maybe you can donate it to Cepi..

If you do, please do it carefully.

tomislav 2015-02-12 10:53

can you pm me

nodevel 2015-02-12 11:56

May taixzo could make use of it. He recently had to stop the development of Saera for Harmattan, because his N9 broke.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=704

robthebold 2015-02-12 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1456866)
If you do, please do it carefully.

Yikes! What an awful story. Reminds me a letter J. S. Bach wrote to a family member on receiving a gift of a cask of brandy, partially empty due to evaporation, damage in transit or perhaps customs inspection:

Quote:

Although my honored Cousin kindly offers to oblige with more of the liqueur, I must decline his offer on account of the excessive expenses here. For since the carriage charges 16 groschen, the delivery man 2 groschen, the customs inspector 2 groschen, the inland duty 5 groschen, 3 pfennig, and the general duty 3 groschen, my honored Cousin can judge for himself that each quart costs me almost 5 groschen, which for a present is really too expensive.
It looks like used ones go for 50-150 USD on eBay, but even half of that declared value is still, as the baroque master said, "expensive for a present."

coneosilence 2015-05-14 08:20

Bump.
Have tried sending this phone overseas but AusPost will not allow any LiIon batteries in the airmail, both domestic and international. Unless someone is willing to pay DHL fees for transport I think it will have to stay in Melbourne.
Even took it to Bali to send but the same battery policy exists.

n900hacker 2015-05-14 13:07

I'm interested, i will pay shipping with dhl. I'm located in italy

coneosilence 2015-05-20 12:01

Hi. I'm putting my eggs in one basket and trying my luck with posting to Taixzo to continue his work with Saera. Hopefully it gets through, damn lithium batteries and AusPost.
Cheers for all your suggestions and replies.

tommo 2015-05-20 13:44

With the right tools its not too hard to remove the battery, then the other guy can buy a new one the other end