maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   SailfishOS (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Sailfish 3.2.1 Nuuksio (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100887)

mosen 2019-12-11 14:35

Sailfish 3.2.1 Nuuksio

3.2.1 Nuuksio was released to early access today.

The first thing i welcome is that fingerprint unlock finally unlocks the device with only one action.
It solved https://together.jolla.com/question/...on-lockscreen/ that was not mentioned in changelog but was also tracked by jolla.

pacman 2019-12-11 14:47

Re: Sailfish 3.2.1 Nuuksio

Also the prospect of native Nextcloud account support. I hope that the authors of the various native clients in OpenRepos will be able to update their apps to make use of this - it would be great to have a native ecosystem of Nextcloud apps with just one sign-on.

Fellfrosch 2019-12-11 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacman (Post 1563222)
Also the prospect of native Nextcloud account support. I hope that the authors of the various native clients in OpenRepos will be able to update their apps to make use of this - it would be great to have a native ecosystem of Nextcloud apps with just one sign-on.

That's brilliant news!
Even so I'm still eagerly waiting for a huge update to the browser! Web compatibility gets worse from day to day.

Maemish 2019-12-11 17:37

Don't know anything about SFOS but the name is good. Lot's of memories from Nuuksio national park as a young scout as well as from later age with friends. Last winter spent there a night and it was cool to see ice skaters with headlamps circling from lake to lake in total darkness and here how the ice "spoke" while they skate there.

pichlo 2019-12-11 17:50

None of those matter to me ;) I wonder if they fixed the funny but benign UI glitch where the list of available WiFi networks is flashed briefly before the connection dialog appears, or the YouTube video playback skipping a few seconds backwards from time to time. Only time will tell as I am currently on a slow network and wirh only 36% battery.

catbus 2019-12-11 18:37

How about imap-idle with gmail?

objectifnul 2019-12-11 19:13

Upgraded my Jolla phone, which is my testing device. As usual, some important patches are no longer working. Let's wait a bit before upgrading the Xperia X.

pichlo 2019-12-11 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by objectifnul (Post 1563231)
Upgraded my Jolla phone, which is my testing device. As usual, some important patches are no longer working. Let's wait a bit before upgrading the Xperia X.

Funny, in my case it is the exact opposite. I upgraded my Jolla first exactly because it is my main device. The X is secondary and can wait.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1563229)
I wonder if they fixed the funny but benign UI glitch where the list of available WiFi networks is flashed briefly before the connection dialog appears

Nope, still there.

Quote:

or the YouTube video playback skipping a few seconds backwards from time to time.
Not known yet, it happens randomly and I cannot reproduce it at will.

Markkyboy 2019-12-12 16:39

The rotating photo glitch has returned.. . . .actually I don't think it was ever addressed in previous OS versions.

Open the camera, take a pic, swipe right to see your newly snapped image, ....watch it rotate left 90 degrees, then back.

olympus 2019-12-13 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosen (Post 1563221)
3.2.1 Nuuksio was released to early access today.

The first thing i welcome is that fingerprint unlock finally unlocks the device with only one action.
It solved https://together.jolla.com/question/...on-lockscreen/ that was not mentioned in changelog but was also tracked by jolla.

I updated but the fingerprint behaviour is the same as before for me. Am I missing something?

pichlo 2019-12-13 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markkyboy (Post 1563245)
Open the camera, take a pic, swipe right to see your newly snapped image, ....watch it rotate left 90 degrees, then back.

On what device? I can't reproduce it on J1 or X.

atlochowski 2019-12-13 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1563258)

I tried to reproduce it on my Jolla 1 and Jolla C but without result.

Markkyboy 2019-12-13 17:32

Quote:

On my Jolla1 (x2)

rob_kouw 2019-12-13 19:39

Quote:

I can on XA2

rob_kouw 2019-12-13 19:46

Curious if you recognise this: sometimes zoom does not work. Very annoying with Pure Maps or HERE. Both zooming in and out won't respond with two fingers pinch. Zooming in with double tap does work. (But then you're screwed...)

Tonight in the car I restarted home screen through Settings / Utilities, and then I was able to zoom out for a second or so. After that, again no response.

Bundyo 2019-12-14 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_kouw (Post 1563264)
Curious if you recognise this: sometimes zoom does not work. Very annoying with Pure Maps or HERE. Both zooming in and out won't respond with two fingers pinch. Zooming in with double tap does work. (But then you're screwed...)

Tonight in the car I restarted home screen through Settings / Utilities, and then I was able to zoom out for a second or so. After that, again no response.

I think something like this was mentioned as an Xperia 10 bug in the release notes for several releases now (look for sensors).

juiceme 2019-12-14 15:52

Something funny happens to me when receiving a call. I am not sure if it is related to the Nuuksio release on my XperiaX or just unrelated thing;

When someone calls me and I answer, it takes almost 10 seconds before the audio connects. When I call someone it works OK.

rob_kouw 2019-12-20 08:04

With a (traditional) dark Ambience, the popup keys on the keyboard show white-on-white, suddenly after installing Nuuksio. Not very practical. Only light Ambiences work for typing text now.
(E.g. a long press on A shows a popup of additional characters including @. Or a long press on space bar shows available languages/keyboards.)

Can anyone confirm? I haven't done anything with any patches. I have a self adopted keyboard showing numbers on the popups of the top row, but it happens with all keyboards.

P@t 2019-12-20 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1563283)
Something funny happens to me when receiving a call. I am not sure if it is related to the Nuuksio release on my XperiaX or just unrelated thing;

When someone calls me and I answer, it takes almost 10 seconds before the audio connects. When I call someone it works OK.

not happening here with Nuuksio...(but using xperia 10+)

P@t 2019-12-20 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_kouw (Post 1563475)
With a (traditional) dark Ambience, the popup keys on the keyboard show white-on-white. Not very practical. Only light Ambiences work for typing text now.
(E.g. a long press on A shows a popup of additional characters including @. Or a long press on space bar shows available languages/keyboards.)

Can anyone confirm? I haven't done anything with any patches. I have a self adopted keyboard showing numbers on the popups of the top row, but it happens with all keyboards.

I am using a traditional dark ambiance and I do not have issues with popup keys while typing, they show up as light over dark.
How can you have white in the background if using dark ambience... I guess this is where the issue is ;-)

Markkyboy 2019-12-20 10:35

Quote:

. . . I have a self adopted keyboard . . . . .

What do you mean by self adopted?, is it your own creation?

pacman 2019-12-20 11:10

Quote:

With a (traditional) dark Ambience, the popup keys on the keyboard show white-on-white, suddenly after installing Nuuksio. Not very practical. Only light Ambiences work for typing text now.

Yes, I see this too, but only when OKBoard is enabled. I was wondering whether this is something that needs fixing in OKBoard rather than SFOS, but I'll wait until after the holiday season before pursuing it further. For now, I'll manage without OKBoard.

Here are links to pictures showing the effect on the language switcher with and without OKBoard enabled:

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/4sQ43wKA79FidWQ/preview

https://cloud.disroot.org/s/7xeMEFgZF9b6Jbz/preview

taixzo 2019-12-20 14:51

Same keyboard issue here, also with OKBoard installed. Too much muscle memory to live without it right now so I guess I'll put up with white flashes until it's fixed.

rob_kouw 2019-12-21 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markkyboy (Post 1563478)
What do you mean by self adopted?, is it your own creation?

All right, yes, I shared it long time ago, 2015 or so. I put some characters with the dot (/]})>:!?) and similar characters with the comma (\;([{<). Other interesting characters I punt just somewhere, with the L (%*_&+-#'")

English was changed to:

Code:

import QtQuick 2.0
import com.jolla.keyboard 1.0
import ".."

KeyboardLayout {
    splitSupported: true

KeyboardRow {
        CharacterKey { caption: "q"; captionShifted: "Q"; symView: "1"; symView2: "€"; accents: "q1"; accentsShifted: "Q1" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "w"; captionShifted: "W"; symView: "2"; symView2: "£"; accents: "w2"; accentsShifted: "W2" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "e"; captionShifted: "E"; symView: "3"; symView2: "$"; accents: "eèêéë€3"; accentsShifted: "EÈÊÉË€3" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "r"; captionShifted: "R"; symView: "4"; symView2: "¥"; accents: "r4"; accentsShifted: "R4" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "t"; captionShifted: "T"; symView: "5"; symView2: "₹"; accents: "t5"; accentsShifted: "T5" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "y"; captionShifted: "Y"; symView: "6"; symView2: "%"; accents: "y6"; accentsShifted: "Y6" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "u"; captionShifted: "U"; symView: "7"; symView2: "<"; accents: "uü7"; accentsShifted: "UÜ7" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "i"; captionShifted: "I"; symView: "8"; symView2: ">"; accents: "iï8"; accentsShifted: "IÏ8" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "o"; captionShifted: "O"; symView: "9"; symView2: "["; accents: "oòôóöº9"; accentsShifted: "OÒÔÓÖº9" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "p"; captionShifted: "P"; symView: "0"; symView2: "]"; accents: "p0"; accentsShifted: "P0" }
    }

KeyboardRow {
        splitIndex: 5

CharacterKey { caption: "a"; captionShifted: "A"; symView: "*"; symView2: "`"; accents: "aàâáä@"; accentsShifted: "AÀÂÁÄ@" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "s"; captionShifted: "S"; symView: "#"; symView2: "^"; accents: "sß$"; accentsShifted: "S$" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "d"; captionShifted: "D"; symView: "+"; symView2: "|" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "f"; captionShifted: "F"; symView: "-"; symView2: "_" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "g"; captionShifted: "G"; symView: "="; symView2: "§" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "h"; captionShifted: "H"; symView: "("; symView2: "{" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "j"; captionShifted: "J"; symView: ")"; symView2: "}" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "k"; captionShifted: "K"; symView: "!"; symView2: "¡" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "l"; captionShifted: "L"; symView: "?"; symView2: "¿"; accents: "l%*_&+-#'\""; accentsShifted: "L%*_&+-#'\"" }
    }

KeyboardRow {
        splitIndex: 5

ShiftKey {}

CharacterKey { caption: "z"; captionShifted: "Z"; symView: "@"; symView2: "«" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "x"; captionShifted: "X"; symView: "&"; symView2: "»" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "c"; captionShifted: "C"; symView: "/"; symView2: "\""; accents: "cç"; accentsShifted: "CÇ" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "v"; captionShifted: "V"; symView: "\\"; symView2: "“" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "b"; captionShifted: "B"; symView: "'"; symView2: "”" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "n"; captionShifted: "N"; symView: ";"; symView2: "„"; accents: "nñ"; accentsShifted: "NÑ" }
        CharacterKey { caption: "m"; captionShifted: "M"; symView: ":"; symView2: "~" }

BackspaceKey {}
    }

KeyboardRow {
        splitIndex: 3

SymbolKey {}
        ContextAwareCommaKeyX {}
        SpacebarKey {}
        SpacebarKey {
            active: splitActive
            languageLabel: ""
        }
        CharacterKey {
            caption: "."
            captionShifted: "."
            accents: "./]})>:!?"
            accentsShifted: "./]})>:!?"
            implicitWidth: punctuationKeyWidth
            fixedWidth: !splitActive
            separator: SeparatorState.HiddenSeparator
        }
        EnterKey {}
    }
}

CommaAware was changed to:
Code:

import QtQuick 2.0
import com.meego.maliitquick 1.0
import com.jolla.keyboard 1.0

CharacterKey {
    caption: MInputMethodQuick.contentType === Maliit.UrlContentType
            ? "/"
            : MInputMethodQuick.contentType === Maliit.EmailContentType
              ? "@"
              : ","
    captionShifted: caption
    symView: ","
    symView2: ","
    accents: ",\\;([{<"
    accentsShifted: ",\\;([{<"       
    implicitWidth: punctuationKeyWidth
    fixedWidth: !splitActive
    separator: SeparatorState.HiddenSeparator
}

ajalkane 2020-01-08 06:51

Seems snappier. Me likey mucho grande.

pichlo 2020-01-08 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajalkane (Post 1564233)
Seems snappier. Me likey mucho grande.

That may be so, but these points are still present.

UBUNTUSCOFIELD 2020-01-12 13:06

Hello guys im in desperate need of assistance as i have the xperia x dual and a xa2 ultra dual h4233. Ever since the nuuksioo update i have issues with using ussd codes. The issue is as follows, when i run a ussd code to check for balance it works, however when i use a ussd that requires several serial entries it ends up telling me the operation is already in progress and it wont respond until when another response appears indicating that the argument was not recognized. Please help as this makes it very difficult to execute carrier transactions

hhbbap 2020-02-02 12:16

Quote:

Could be caused by CS (Circuit Switched) fallback: Phone normally on 4G, but switch to 2G/3G for native audio calls because (roaming) operator is not supporting VoLTE for this model. Less noticeable for outgoing call. Check if it is same delay on incoming calls if you are on 2G/3G network.

juiceme 2020-02-03 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhbbap (Post 1564983)
Quote:

Could be caused by CS (Circuit Switched) fallback: Phone normally on 4G, but switch to 2G/3G for native audio calls because (roaming) operator is not supporting VoLTE for this model. Less noticeable for outgoing call. Check if it is same delay on incoming calls if you are on 2G/3G network.

Sounds possible but I rather doubt it as I think the device should drop to 2G/3G when it starts to ring, and not only when I answer the call, right?

Actually I pinpointed the effect that's causing it, even though I am not sure why it behaves so;
I am using the Call Recorder by @dpurgin, and if I disable it then the received call is connected normally.

The workaround is simple really; I just let the phone ring about 5 times before answering it. Annoying but easy.

juiceme 2020-02-04 18:36

I just noticed an annoyance of which I'm not sure if it is a regression or if it has always been so.

If I have a number in my phone log that has no contact associated, there is no way to tell the date when the call was made/taken, only the time of the call. And also no way to know if that number has been called/calling before.

However immediately when I associate a contact to that number the past actions become viewable, with all related data.

I'd like to see that data also just by sweeping to the details of the number, without first making a contact of it.

peterleinchen 2020-02-04 22:18

afair this has always been this way
another 'paper bug' to get the hundrd full?

lal 2020-02-05 04:34

Yes, that has always been the behaviour. Happened to wonder multiple times about how the history magically appears when saving the number as a contact. Believe there is a thread in TJC too, or I do remember discussing this behaviour there.

peterleinchen 2020-02-05 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by lal (Post 1565080)
Yes, that has always been the behaviour. Happened to wonder multiple times about how the history magically appears when saving the number as a contact. Believe there is a thread in TJC too, or I do remember discussing this behaviour there.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...-as-a-contact/
tracked by Jolla since Sep'18

lal 2020-02-05 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1565084)

Yet another classic case of Soon (TM) :D

Xeno_PL 2020-02-06 09:08

Yep, issue raied years ago, https://together.jolla.com/question/...&page=1#179872

It shouldn't be that difficult to fix, but somehow Jolla decided to ignore this obvious omission for a very long time.
Maybe someday ...

BTW I wonder would it be fixable by patching qml file for call history details page.