maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Buy & Sell (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   [SALE CANCELLED] Sony Xperia X (with Sailfish X) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100217)

acrux 2018-02-21 09:27

[GIVEAWAY] Sony Xperia X with Sailfish X

So - decided to offer my Xperia X for sale giveaway:

F5121 Graphite Black; Sl 1302-3093 Rev 4 2G/3G/LTE
In original box with all included accessories (charger, cable etc).
No pictures needed as you can't differentiate it from a new one.

Bootloader is unlocked and Sailfish X installed.
Phone will be in a clean Sailfish "factory reset" state - you can set it up and tie to your Jolla account. According to a thread in together.jolla.com, it is possible to transfer a Sailfish X licence to your account then...
Bonus: 4GB uSD card with SailfishOS installation files and instructions.

Price 245 0€ if collected in Tallinn, Estonia. If shipping is needed, it is approximately 11-30€ inside EU.

If you are interested then please PM or answer in this thread. If you think that the price is not correct, then PM me - let's discuss ;)

EDIT: sale cancelled
EDIT1: See here
EDIT2: Is the post too old, that editing the top post Title does not change the thread title any more?

mosen 2018-02-21 10:31

Re: [FOR SALE] Sony Xperia X (with Sailfish X)

price is totally ok imho concidering you took the effort to flash sailfish + license and used xperia x devices go by 150 to 200€ in europe.
Just wait for the "right" customer and do not let you talk down too early.

acrux 2018-03-07 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrux (Post 1541449)
So - decided to offer my Xperia X for sale:

So - one could ask the reason of selling...

Nothing wrong with SailfishOS itself. Except maybe very weak xmpp/jabber support and very noisy notification sounds - especially in silent office environment :p

However - having used to Nexus 6 - the screen of XperiaX is just too tiny. And the screen to body ratio isn't stellar either. It seems, that 5,5" screen is the absolute minimum. Of course - having a device with hardware keyboard is another story...

As I do not have any interest in paid parts of SailfishOS (Android runtime, Exchange support and Estonian language isn't supported by included word prediction software anyway), then I think, that using some community port has more sense to me at moment.

So buying my XperiaX helps me moving on to some community supported devices with larger screen - currently my eye is on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 ;)

Also Gemini PDA and "The new QWERTY device project" are looking very interesting...

pichlo 2018-03-07 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrux (Post 1542120)
the screen of XperiaX is just too tiny.

Interesting. For me, the main reason for not buying is that it is too large ;)

acrux 2018-04-11 08:01

If recent changes with SailfishOS ownership are not very welcome, then keep in mind, that Sony Xperia X is very well and actively supported by OmniROM 8.1: https://omni.cmxlog.com/8.1/suzu/

nthn 2018-04-11 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrux (Post 1543218)
If recent changes with SailfishOS ownership are not very welcome, then keep in mind, that Sony Xperia X is very well and actively supported by OmniROM 8.1: https://omni.cmxlog.com/8.1/suzu/

As an old local saying goes, that's like being forced to choose between plague and cholera.

juiceme 2018-04-11 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by acrux (Post 1542120)
So - one could ask the reason of selling...

Nothing wrong with SailfishOS itself. Except maybe very weak xmpp/jabber support and very noisy notification sounds - especially in silent office environment :p

That's really true, when I got my XperiaX I was absulutely shocked at how loud the device was!

What I ended up doing was I downloaded my favourite tones from the device and used Audacity to drop the volume by 40dB in each of them.... and while I was at it I also added a slightly increasing volume curve to the clock and calendar alarms so it starts really really low and then increases to a nice level. :)

Think about it, -40dB means 1/10000 part and it still is quite loud!

pichlo 2018-04-11 19:42

Lucky you! I can sometimes barely hear my phone even at the max volume.
Jolla 1.

acrux 2018-06-13 14:47

For your convenience flashed the fresh 2.2.0.29 Mouhijoki to the phone :)
Also replaced according software on the "bonus" included uSD card ;)

Still available, but I have already got a "plan B" for it so... :D

pichlo 2018-06-13 16:22

It all sounds so nice. The price is nice too. If only the damn phone wasn't so damn big!

EDIT
Now that I looked into it, the price is not that great. I could get one for under £100 on eBay.

acrux 2018-06-18 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1545430)
INow that I looked into it, the price is not that great. I could get one for under £100 on eBay.

With SailfishX licence and preinstalled SailfishX? :D

pichlo 2018-06-18 11:36

No, but the licence is not transferable anyway, is it?

acrux 2018-06-18 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1545593)
No, but the licence is not transferable anyway, is it?

According to this it should be transferable, but I have not tried it myself yet...

pichlo 2018-06-18 13:20

That answer talks about moving your license to another phone. Your own. For when you want to sell the phone but keep the license.

It does not address the possibility of transferring your license to someone else. I do not know whether it is possible but have a feeling it might not be. Someone please correct me.

acrux 2018-06-18 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1545596)
That answer talks about moving your license to another phone. Your own.

You did read the last comment (Jan 4 '18) there, did you ? :)
However - yes, it still needs confirmation...

pichlo 2018-06-18 13:55

Either way, I could buy aQUICK's one for €120. Or one on eBay for £100 (amounts to about the same thing). Add €50 for the license and I would have spent €170. Even considering €30 for the effort would still be only €200. Including shipping.

Yours is €245 plus shipping :)

But don't listen to me. I have mulled it over and over and decided to stay with my JP1. I simply cannot justify buying something I do not really need.

chenliangchen 2018-06-18 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1545598)
But don't listen to me. I have mulled it over and over and decided to stay with my JP1. I simply cannot justify buying something I do not really need.

I remember that you think this phone is way too big*, maybe that's the main problem to reach "need". ;)

*I feel it's actually a bit too small...

pichlo 2018-06-18 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenliangchen (Post 1545599)
I remember that you think this phone is way too big*, maybe that's the main problem to reach "need". ;)

That's certainly part of the reason. But the main reason is that my current phone still works and suits my needs. Remember you are talking to the man who used the same phone for 9 years.

(It's just like with my wife and her shoes. I am happy with one pair and will consider new shoes when my current pair starts to fall to pieces. She "needs" new shoes every month ;))

MartinK 2018-06-18 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1545596)
That answer talks about moving your license to another phone. Your own. For when you want to sell the phone but keep the license.

It does not address the possibility of transferring your license to someone else. I do not know whether it is possible but have a feeling it might not be. Someone please correct me.

You can certainly transfer a Sailfish X license you own to someone elses Jolla account via Jolla support ticket (zendesk).

Did just that ~two weeks ago - transferred one of my licenses to a friend this way. The license was even used before on a phone (which now has a smashed screen). Everything went fine and the license was transferred within a few days.

acrux 2018-06-19 07:42

In case no account at talk.maemo.org - added my e-mail address to the top post ;)

deutch1976 2018-09-18 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinK (Post 1545602)
You can certainly transfer a Sailfish X license you own to someone elses Jolla account via Jolla support ticket (zendesk).

Did just that ~two weeks ago - transferred one of my licenses to a friend this way. The license was even used before on a phone (which now has a smashed screen). Everything went fine and the license was transferred within a few days.

Hello there. Can you please post an email or any conversation with Jolla that shows that? They are telling me it is no possible and i have to stick to my license Forever

acrux 2018-11-26 10:31

Re: [SALE CANCELLED] Sony Xperia X (with Sailfish X)

So the sale has been cancelled. Phone is currently equipped with twrp recovery and running LineageOS 15.1 :)

acrux 2023-09-25 11:46

Re: [GIVEAWAY] Sony Xperia X (with Sailfish X)

The subject returned to me after successfully serving as a LineageOS phone. Still in a good shape - only place to show a wear is on/off button.
So if anybody is interested, I can give it away.
Currently running Sailfish OS 4.5 Struven Ketju but it is also very well supported by UBPorts.
Phone is still in Tallinn/Estonia, if shipping is needed, you have to pay shipping cost.
EDIT: Corrected relevant info in top post but was not able to change the thread title...

marmagas 2023-09-25 12:39

Re: [SALE CANCELLED] Sony Xperia X (with Sailfish X)

Very interested!:)

acrux 2023-09-25 14:16

Re: [GIVEAWAY] Sony Xperia X (with Sailfish X)

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmagas (Post 1575693)
Very interested!:)

Sent you a PM.

EDIT: still available as of 2023-09-26