maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Camera phone competition January 2020: HIGH (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=100899)

Fellfrosch 2020-01-01 16:43

Camera phone competition January 2020: HIGH

I have the special honor to open a new decade's camera phone competition. I hope the new decade will bring to you all just the best and to new heights!

Therefore I think this is a fitting theme:
High

Be creative make photos of high things or thing which make you high or whatever...

Rules are as usual:
Photos must be taken during this month (after theme is announced) and posted before voting starts.
Photos must be taken by the posting member.
Photos must be taken with a camera phone.
Post processing is allowed but you have to say what you did.
Users must name the phone and software they used.
Users post only one photo per entry.
Users can change the entry only once.
3 day voting period starts on January 28th at 20:00 UTC and ends on the evening of January 31st.

kinggo 2020-01-01 17:28

Re: Camera phone competition January 2020: HIGH

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1563964)

3 day voting period starts on October 28th at 20:00 UTC and ends on the evening of October 31st.

Ok, this kinda explains the theme :D

peterleinchen 2020-01-01 19:33

Oh yeah, enuff teim tu ged hei and maek a foto :D

Fellfrosch 2020-01-01 19:35

:eek:
Ahh well....
Seems like there was still some alcohol in my brain... :o:D

Corrected that nonsense in the first post.

pichlo 2020-01-02 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch (Post 1563964)
I have the special honor to open a new decade's camera phone competition.

Are decade counts zero based?

Maemish 2020-01-02 08:27

You will not get easy with this subject it seems.

Fellfrosch 2020-01-02 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1563992)

I have no clue. Does numbers really exist?

juiceme 2020-01-02 11:46

Yup it's 20's now. https://xkcd.com/2249/

pichlo 2020-01-02 13:09

Strictly, "a decade" means "ten years". Any period of ten years. It can start at any time. Such as 23rd September 2013. So yeah, I am convinced.

peterleinchen 2020-01-02 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1563992)

I guess so.
When talking about the 20's you do not exclude xx20 but mean xx20- 29 as otherwise xx30 would also be in the 20's. Right?

--edit
seems I did not refresh this tab as I missed juiceme's correct answer ;)

kinggo 2020-01-02 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1564005)
Strictly, "a decade" means "ten years". Any period of ten years. It can start at any time. Such as 23rd September 2013. So yeah, I am convinced.

True. But since everything starts from zero, that's how you count it. Decade of time starts with xxxxxxxxx0. Or since we humans started to count it and set that zero. Decade of something that exist in that time can start at any point in that time. :cool:

Maemish 2020-01-02 18:50

Decade of time starts with 9 kisses? One video which have given me high feelings/emotions is the study video where they made strangers to voluntarely kiss each others. I think it is black and white video and found in youtube. Very intimate.

I got an idea of a picture I want to take for the competition but stuffs I need for it have been packed because we are moving on 15. on Jan.

pichlo 2020-01-02 19:57

I like that. The Universe was created with a kiss. Or a bang. One lead to the other in any case.

Maemish 2020-01-03 14:32

2 Attachment(s)
My entry. After a long long break got to do this a bit further. BlessN900, darkened -17, contrast +3, cropped to fill the picture.

Today made the fake exhaustion pipes which are the ventilation horns in reality. And tomorrow gonna weld them on as well as the grill holders in place.

Creating stuff makes me feel HIGH. And this bug is the biggest art project I have yet being doing. The exhaustion pipes will get Flamingo heads when the Alice in wonderland car is finished -if it ever will be.

Maemish 2020-01-03 14:35

1 Attachment(s)
But how to fix my micro-b. This is what I see of my picture.

ric9K 2020-01-03 20:24

Beautyfull creation!
But even from my PC, I see it only partially.
Maybe, you should check the url of other pictures posted by other users ans post yours at the same place.
BR

edit:ytpo

Maemish 2020-01-03 21:06

Opera shows as well only a portion of the picture but if I click it I can open it to see it fully. Not working with Micro-b.

eson 2020-01-04 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemish (Post 1564069)
Opera shows as well only a portion of the picture but if I click it I can open it to see it fully. Not working with Micro-b.

Me to, with Firefox ESR/Brave Browser on Linux desktop, but I can't even click. Pictures don't shrink to fit forum width.
https://svenskasprakfiler.se/show/sc...4_07-45-06.png

kinggo 2020-01-04 09:29

but you can right click view image.

eson 2020-01-04 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinggo (Post 1564078)
but you can right click view image.

Yes! 10chars

Maemish 2020-01-04 12:20

So I found a workaround with micro-b (others have probably used this already).

1. Type about:config to the taskbar and hit enter. Click the warning understood.

2. Type: browser.enable to the search bar. You will get two options. If the first one for automatic resizing of image is false, click it to activate and hit enter to change the value to true. Close the window.

If you prefer seeing straight the smaller images, you can get now to see too big images fitting your screen like this:

3. Go to a post with too big image. Press the image, chooce "copy image address", click and open another micro-b window and copy (ctrl+v) the address to the taskbar and hit enter.

Or if you do not need to see smaller images straight, you can go to maemo forums Control Panel - Edit Options - untack "Show images" and save. Now you will get only a link to the image and when you click it you get to see it in full and rendered/scaled to fit in open window. I don't know why I didn't do this in the first place. Threads open much faster not loading images.

Now you can view the whole image with micro-b. If the change of the value in about:config doesn't change anything try to first restarting micro-b and if that doesn't make change try rebooting device. I did them both so not sure if they are or aren't needed.

pichlo 2020-01-04 18:53

Did you mean, like this?

https://talk.maemo.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1578061678

https://talk.maemo.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1578062396

mosen 2020-01-04 18:58

Hmmm, do we see some in production change on maemo to fix the picture uploader?

Did you use the same method to upload like in last competition, maemish?

Maybe one can now upload larger images but the presentation still "assumes" a max width?

pichlo 2020-01-04 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosen (Post 1564094)
Hmmm, do we see some in production change on maemo to fix the picture uploader?

Yes, juiceme is running some experiments. For which he has my eternal gratitude.

@Maemish, I will tell you a secret. After uploading an attachment, open it in a second tab and find out the attachment ID. It is embedded in the URL. For example, your attachments are 40830 and 40832. Then use the attach tag in your post, like this:

[*attach*]40830[*/attach*]

(Obviously, remove the stars. I had to add them to stop TMO trying to display the attachment.)

juiceme 2020-01-04 19:33

Yes indeed; with a little tria&error I managed to find out how the upload limits are defined and how to change them.
(so now even I can enjoy the pictures without picking nits on image size :D:D)

Now it just seems so that people are seeing an effect that always was there, namely that the forum does not autoscale the attached images unless they are done using html links. It just was not so prominent when the image limits were smaller...

Maemish 2020-01-04 20:15

1 Attachment(s)
https://talk.maemo.org/attachment.ph...8175826http://https://talk.maemo.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1578169516https://talk.maemo.org/attachment.ph...1&d=1578169516

Ok. So finally understood. I had taken away from the editor all those odd optionbars so I had to add them from Forum control panel. And then I clicked the attachment I downloaded to open in another window (or can I just copy the link without opening? Probably yes.) And then I clicked the add image icon and gave the url of the attached image and finally, finally I managed to get that smaller preview image which I have wondered and envied how others do it.

Edit: WRONG!!! "And I have to remove the attachment from the list so not to attach anything except the url." WRONG!!!

And now I noticed that the image dimensions for download are now 2000x2000 and I also the first time noticed that I can set my own value in the default image viewer and I tried and found out that to downscale to 77% gives just under 2000 the width value.

So now I can post proper competition images in aproper way and now my micro-b scales the full image corretly to fit in the screen when I click it to full size.

Phew! That was a tough one.

This picture is interesting if you know the building behind the wrong parked russian car and the limousine for private parties: SUPO (Finnish National Security Agency).

Edit: Aaaargh!!! I didn't get it. I tried the trick attaching id numbers from the url but it showed the image still big. So then I copied the url of the attached file to "add image" and it showed the smaller image but at the same time also the big image. So then I thought that the image is uploaded to my account and that I can just remove the image from the post and it shows it with the url but NOOOO!

How do you do it? Pichlo? Anyone? I just can't make it happen right. How to get in the post only the smaller image which you can click to get it bigger?

Ken-Young 2020-01-05 00:37

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the Andromeda Galaxy taken with a Pixel 4 XL in "astrophotography mode". Not only does it clearly show the Andromeda Galaxy, two of its satellite galaxies are visible: M32 and NGC 205. This was taken with a cell phone camera (no extra lenses), mounted on a tiny tripod sitting on the roof of my car. The camera was not guided to track the object's motion during the exposure; the camera's software compensates for sky motion. This is a tiny portion of a much larger image. A 4x "software zoom" was applied, and the sky background was subtracted (both with gimp).

A larger image of the Orion-Taurus region, again taken with an unguided Pixel 4 XL, can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/U1zBUnx

DDark 2020-01-05 13:08

Pro1, Stock Camera, unedited

https://i.ibb.co/Zzcyhvy/09927-EC6-F...-A56388-B6.jpg

peterleinchen 2020-01-05 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken-Young (Post 1564132)
Here's a picture of the Andromeda Galaxy taken with a Pixel 4 XL in "astrophotography mode". Not only does it clearly show the Andromeda Galaxy, two of its satellite galaxies are visible: M32 and NGC 205. This was taken with a cell phone camera (no extra lenses), mounted on a tiny tripod sitting on the roof of my car. The camera was not guided to track the object's motion during the exposure; the camera's software compensates for sky motion...]

For me this competition is over!
I do believe no one will be able to provide a HIGHer photo :)

Ken-Young 2020-01-05 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterleinchen (Post 1564161)

Thanks! The uncropped photo also shows the Triangulum Galaxy (M33), which is even more distant.

ric9K 2020-01-05 20:47

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken-Young (Post 1564164)
Thanks! The uncropped photo also shows the Triangulum Galaxy (M33), which is even more distant.

Wait a minute. endsormeans, something to say about human stupidity height? :D

mosen 2020-01-05 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric9K (Post 1564166)

It might also be possible to beat the height of the camera placement by a long shot.
Personal suggestion for our (Peter&mine) region:
Entrance fee to the Rheinturm is quite affordable and a cool family activity ;)
Same yields for the cologne dome but that is the wrong side of the rhine, i know.

Maemish 2020-01-05 21:10

@DDark Say hi to my sis who lives there. Once visited and also checked that building from top to bottom. Awesome place. znver seen so much luxury for sale in one place. 200 000$ watches and such. A river with boats inside and the view is awesome from the top. If you are there you should visit the one building in the middle of the city. Restaurant where in the yard are many significant historical figures as a bronze statues like 2,5m high. I think it was a Taiwanese biljonair or something who has made the place. There is a maybe 10 meters tall champaigne shelf inside and if you order a full bottle they lif a girl with angel wings to get it. Buit first they circle the girl up and down. Never seen so pissed off angel when they lifted her up to the top. One glass of house champaigne is 70$ so be aware. After that one glass my sister took me to a sisha house in an arabic corner of the city. A bit different place.

peterleinchen 2020-01-05 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric9K (Post 1564166)

Okay, that is if you believe in Einstein only, or? :eek:

mscion 2020-01-06 13:53

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

How about answering to a higher authority? I was in NYC this weekend and I snapped this photo of St. Patricks Cathedral with my Huawei Mate 20 pro. No effects although I reduced the size to one fifteenth the original so I could upload it. I call this "Angels on High". Or is that a pigeon?

peterleinchen 2020-01-06 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1564189)
How about answering to a higher authority? ...

Okay, okay, looks really high. :)
So only closed for all mankind believers and atheists.... :p

Re-opening!

nonsuch 2020-01-07 08:08

Thinking about this competition on a late afternoon walk:

http://dt.iki.fi/stuff/forums/maemo/high.t.jpg

Taken with a OnePlus 3, Open Camera.
Resized & slightly sharpened the top half in GIMP.

pichlo 2020-01-07 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscion (Post 1564189)
I snapped this photo of St. Patricks Cathedral...

It looks like the church in a famous movie. I just can't remember which one. Something from the Die Hard series?

Quote:

Or is that a pigeon?
My 12yo daughter made a song about pigeons:
Pigeons
Pigeons
This is a pigeon song

We carry
Diseases
And we are 18 inches long

If you are a pigeon
Please come sing along
We will not forgive you
If you get the lyrics wrong.
Copyright © 2019 Maria P.

Maemish 2020-01-07 12:52

Welldone nonsuch!

And to Maria: What an awesome song that is! Would really like to hear it.

mscion 2020-01-07 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonsuch (Post 1564201)
Thinking about this competition on a late afternoon walk:

http://dt.iki.fi/stuff/forums/maemo/high.t.jpg

Taken with a OnePlus 3, Open Camera.
Resized & slightly sharpened the top half in GIMP.

Love this shot. The network of braches at the top are really cool looking. What kind of tree is it?