maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Themes (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   [Release] MaemoItalia Graffiti Theme (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47274)

Elisa 2010-03-13 08:53

[Release] MaemoItalia Graffiti Theme

http://www.maemoitalia.com/wp-conten...Theme-N900.png

Hi all, i've created this theme, spending a lot of time, i hope you like it... i really love graffiti art :rolleyes: I've putted it in my own repository, but you can also download it directly as optified .deb file :)

DOWNLOAD

Some screenshots:

http://www.maemoitalia.com/wp-conten...reenshot16.png

http://www.maemoitalia.com/wp-conten...menu-icons.png

http://www.maemoitalia.com/wp-conten...reenshot18.png

http://www.maemoitalia.com/wp-conten...reenshot24.png

http://www.maemoitalia.com/wp-conten...reenshot21.png

lcuk 2010-03-13 09:04

Re: MaemoItalia Graffiti Theme

really cool original looking theme.
well done!

TNiga 2010-03-13 09:09

Does this take backup of original icons when installed and restore them when uninstalled?

fraaaaanka 2010-03-13 09:11

this theme looks way cool ...... hows do i install this theme?? i have downloadied the file but then i dont know what to do????

TNiga 2010-03-13 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka (Post 565865)
this theme looks way cool ...... hows do i install this theme?? i have downloadied the file but then i dont know what to do????

I think you can install it by opening the .deb from file manager (I haven't tried this myself but some say it works). Or run in x-term (you need to have rootsh installed):
sudo gainroot
dpkg -i downloaded_deb.deb

fraaaaanka 2010-03-13 09:20

it is asking me which application to use to open it? which do i select?

TNiga 2010-03-13 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka (Post 565868)

Application manager.

fraaaaanka 2010-03-13 09:29

that just opens app manager ... nothing installs????

im such a noob!

Elisa 2010-03-13 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka (Post 565868)

If you have the latest firmware installed, you can install it just tapping on the .deb file :)

If you have problems with deb files try setting up my repository:

Go into the Application manager.
Tap the menu --> Application catalogs --> new

Catalog name: Maemoitalia
Web address: http://maemoitalia.com
Distribution: n900
Components: repo

Here you can find my Nokia N900 themes :D

Elisa 2010-03-13 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNiga (Post 565862)
Does this take backup of original icons when installed and restore them when uninstalled?

This theme change lots of icons without deleting the original ones in the hicolor folder;)

joppu 2010-03-13 09:58

So, it's just the stock template with all the icons changed?

fraaaaanka 2010-03-13 10:13

looks great ..... nice take on the icons.... will be using this theme for awhile!
my only moan would be the icon sizes .... the blue surrounding the icons could be a little bit thinner ....

Ronaldo 2010-03-13 11:12

nice theme, is it optified? when i switch to a stock theme all icons restore?

cheers

navsin 2010-03-13 11:16

great theme Elisa!! thanks!

SR90 2010-03-13 11:26

You are the best Elisa , Thanks alot , Unique Theme ;)

Ronaldo 2010-03-13 11:39

i think users need to hit the "thanks" button on 1st page :)

some suggestions, media player widget needs to be bit more transparent so do bookmarks on desktop.

maybe removing the desktop icon surround will look nicer.

cheers

junionwoon 2010-03-13 14:06

NICE THEME...same as ronaldo, it will be great if the icon borders can be more transparent :)

Ronaldo 2010-03-13 16:09

hi noticed when i get a notifcation the letf corner indicator does not seem to change when i have multi screen open or when i get a notifiction.

could you change that so it works like the stock themes, otherwise i cannot tell if i have more then one app running or i have a text/ misscall

cheers

fraaaaanka 2010-03-14 14:07

elisa .... now i have your repo i checked out a few of your other themes ..... very very cool ..... why dont you send them into development repo so people who missed this post can check em out?

i agree with ronaldo, it would look better without icon surrounds as it makes the desktop appear more cluttered.
and notification would be better if it changed when you have a message or other apps open .... how about a few spray cans standing up in a straight line as the normal picture and when you receiive a message or have multiple apps open then use the existing 'fallen over cans' picture???
great great theme .... thanks

ArmandHammer 2010-03-14 19:55

Top of the line theme!
great work cant wait to see your next one.
thanks

Elisa 2010-03-14 20:52

Thank you very much guys! Your replies makes me very happy :) I have no time to make the changes you asked very soon, i'm busy in my real work these days, but sure i will make the changes you suggested to me...;)

Dousan 2010-03-17 19:22

Very very nice theme :-D Use to paint my self when i was younger, this is just cool ;-)

sregular 2010-03-17 19:36

This looks great. I can't wait to show this off.

Diginixy 2010-03-25 05:54

this is by far the best theme I have seen for this device. major kudos to you and the work you put into this. thanks a lot for this. it shall skin my phone for a while.

ninjafury 2010-03-28 22:05

Looks incredible. Thanks so much for this.

chase15 2010-03-28 22:13

@elisa - I'm using this theme for almost a month =P.. i like this theme...i would like this more if the color of icons is not that ... the blueish one.. it would be nice if it's different neon color... and can i request a different background? i want to change the girl wearing headphone to a boy one...

cyapalmos 2010-04-24 01:12

Re: [Release] MaemoItalia Graffiti Theme

I love it so much that I don't want to put anything on my desktops!

mele 2010-04-30 12:44

Wow!!

This is great theme....Best theme i have tried....new icos are bit hard to first to see what the mean, but perhaps i learn them :)

tissot 2010-04-30 12:58

Great work! Amazing looking theme.

Really something a bit different.

el3ctronick 2010-05-03 13:49

hey..i love the looks of this theme..i have to say one thing..cant really explain why this is happening..whenever i use this theme, my cpu usage increases dramatically and stays at high levels while its the active theme...has anyone else noticed this?

wildt 2010-05-11 18:22

Awesome graphics! By far the best looking custom screens and icons out there!

Only drawback is that it makes all the 3rd party desktop icons look ugly and out of place in comparison.

And since i dig the style so much I really hope you'll dig deeper into the menus, giving all of it that graffiti overfhaul.

EDIT: only bug I've found so far is the RSS widget - the buttons overlap the bottom RSS headline.

Davey101 2010-05-20 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 566109)
hi noticed when i get a notifcation the letf corner indicator does not seem to change when i have multi screen open or when i get a notifiction.

could you change that so it works like the stock themes, otherwise i cannot tell if i have more then one app running or i have a text/ misscall

cheers

Actually, the icon does change when you get a notitification - to a slightly blurred version of itself. :)

I've had a quick play with altering the image file to one that stands out more, but so far it's not looking any good!

Great theme anyway... Thanks!!!

Phreaker 2010-05-25 21:23

Hi,
i created an account just to tell you how much i love this theme,
i love the Graf, is any of it your work?
but it works so well on the n900 to vibrant and alive!
keep up the great work let me know if you make any other!
THANKS!

RogerTHAcctant 2010-07-11 23:14

THIS IS THE BEST THEME EVAR!!

one of the most under exposed too, i hope this attracts more attention from the forum.

the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing that i'm not too fond of is the look of the apps dashboard button on the top left, everything else is pretty much perfect or me

EDIT

After downloading Graffiti it convinced me to add your repo and download the rest of your themes, Oriental dream is a great one too, THANKS AGAIN

HeavyComponent 2010-07-13 14:35

My type of theme! def. downloading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerTHAcctant (Post 748553)

the ONLY ONLY ONLY thing that i'm not too fond of is the look of the apps dashboard button on the top left, everything else is pretty much perfect or me

EDIT

After downloading Graffiti it convinced me to add your repo and download the rest of your themes, Oriental dream is a great one too, THANKS AGAIN

That's the best part of the theme! I will take a look at the other them you mentioned.

Thanks

orion88freedom 2010-07-14 08:56

I'm in love with the graffiti theme....added your repo and looking to download some others in due course.....the theme is fricking AWESOME !!!

Orion 88

elbttrd 2010-07-14 12:07

great theme! thanks a lot!

-e

HeavyComponent 2010-07-14 23:26

1 Attachment(s)
The on screen keyboard is not right. It looks like some layers are missing. I did several reboots and nothing.

Will there be an update? Also is there anyway to convert more icons (3rd party applications) into the theme?

Screen shot of keyboard

orion88freedom 2010-07-15 08:57

This is how the on-screen keyboard looks like even for me.....i guess it takes into assumption that you know where the shift and backspace buttons are :D

Orion 88

F2thaK 2010-07-15 09:02

pppppphat yo