maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Facebook problem using MicroB (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71795)

pusak gaoq 2011-04-04 15:19

Facebook problem using MicroB

hello all member....

i dont know if anyone notice this but a got a few problem recently on facebook using microB but two most important problem that i have is....

1. everytime i comment on my friends status somehow my comment have been cut short automatic...this makes my comment uncomplete & really makes my friends confuse on my comments....
2. since facebook have remove the comment button on any status i always find my comment dissappear after i have press the enter button on my hardware keyboard...
the comment will kept dissappearing even if i try refresh the website a few time....

now this problem really annoying me cause if my comment didnt cut shorts then it will be dissapear & the same way around...
i wanna to know is any other have the same problem that i have or it just me???

i try using opera (but i hate facebook mobile version) & if i use kasvopus my comment will jump to other friends status,not my status i want to comments...
firefox??? well same just likes opera.....
i got no problem using my computer but only problem while on microB even they have almost the same interface...

so help me does anyone else have the same problem & how can i solve it???

Switch_ 2011-04-04 15:25

Re: Facebook problem using MicroB

Macuco. iPhone user agent string instead.

Code:

root
apt-get install macuco

festivalnut 2011-04-04 15:28

i've been getting this problem on and off, and some of my non-n900 friends have been saying the same thing. i think the problem is on facebooks side because quige often it shows up as if the comment was made perfectly well, but a refresh shows like i never made a comment, or only the first letter of the comment.

oxpo 2011-04-04 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch_ (Post 981723)

Code:

root
apt-get install macuco

you probaly ment:
Code:

root
apt-get install macuco2

[/QUOTE]

/oxpo

Switch_ 2011-04-04 15:33

Yeh thanks oxpo, been a while since I used it - you're bang on, it is macuco2.

Mentalist Traceur 2011-04-04 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch_ (Post 981723)

Code:

root
apt-get install macuco

Yes, let's solve the problem by ignoring it.

kaos_king 2011-04-04 15:35

I agree with festivalnut. This seems to be intermittent for me, I have had it happen but most of the time it works, ive just got to be more patient.

Figured how often facebook changes $h1t around, that it will soon be 'fixed'.

/but no doubt that will break something else

pusak gaoq 2011-04-04 15:47

i got macuco2,firefox mobile,opera & kasvopus on my N900...
i try them all but microB stand tall from the rest....

on macuco i have to refresh a few to so i can get the latest status update on it...if i dont refresh then what will i see is a status from 6-7 hours ago....
beside i likes full sites view on facebook rather than mobile sites or touch sites....

vi_ 2011-04-04 15:49

Code:

apt-get purge facebook

pusak gaoq 2011-04-04 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi_ (Post 981748)
Code:

apt-get purge facebook

why u suggest me to purge facebook anyway???

i want to use it & resolved my facebook problem not to uninstalled it from my N900....

Pigro 2011-04-04 16:25

FB now treats the "enter" key as if you had hit the old "comment" button that they've removed. If you want to write a new paragraph use shift-enter.

kingofsorrow 2011-04-04 16:52

i am facing the same problem, where my comments are sent (while infact they are not) specialy when i use the vertual keyboard.

i found away around it, first you need to know that after you hit enter to send your comment you have to wait for two or three seconds then u should get the blue "like" option, if you see it then you comment is sent 100%

To solve the problem , just use ur vertual keyboard to write the msg as usual then slide ur physical keyboard and press " right arrow, left arrow , up arrow , or down arrow couple of times" tell you see you full comment resized, then and only then you can press enter to send the comment and garantee it succesfully has been sent

hope this helps u fb guys

festivalnut 2011-04-04 17:06

the like/unlike trick has worked for me, only done it a few times so wasn't sure if it was coincidence, however sometimes the comment is cut short as soon as you hit enter so not always useful.

kingofsorrow 2011-04-04 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by festivalnut (Post 981801)
the like/unlike trick has worked for me, only done it a few times so wasn't sure if it was coincidence, however sometimes the comment is cut short as soon as you hit enter so not always useful.

it worked for me 100% of the time
i used to press enter and see my coment posted but without the like button.... after i did the trick i hadnt had any problem

for losing parts of ur comments . i didnt face that problem

why dont you reset MicroB ... i cant help ya with that

kingofsorrow 2011-04-04 17:24

do u use ukeyboard?

pusak gaoq 2011-04-04 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofsorrow (Post 981816)
do u use ukeyboard?

i use from virtual keyboard to physical keyboard the same problem...
i have try clear all private data on microB still the same....

comment cut shorts & comment got disappear is really annoying me....

kingofsorrow 2011-04-04 18:21

i get the comment disappear sometimes, but never had comment cut short

i am sure its facebook problem.. i jever faced a problem with other sites

ayos! 2011-04-04 18:26

comments cut short happens to me too, but not all the time. i'm gonna try king's like/unlike trick next

Mentalist Traceur 2011-04-04 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq (Post 981753)
why u suggest me to purge facebook anyway???

i want to use it & resolved my facebook problem not to uninstalled it from my N900....

You understand how apt-get works, right? It deletes packages. Facebook doesn't exist on your N900, it's on servers out on the internet. Nor is facebook a program that your browser depends on. Facebook is first and foremost a website, with no browser plugins or whatever needed.

What's this mean? That the facebook you're being told to get rid of has nothing to do with facebook working for you on your browser.

The N900 comes prepackaged with a basic facebook client. I personally just uninstall it, so I don't know if it has any effect on Facebook use through the browser, but it might have something to do with your problem. Or he may have been suggesting it for some other issue vaguely linked to this thread.

amadeukaos 2011-04-04 19:24

I really recommend this app:

http://kasvopus.substanceofcode.com/

KASVOPUS! :)

And what I really like in the MicroB is that iīm able to use the chat :)
And I donīt face the problems that you are talking :(

JamesBond@ge 2011-04-04 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by amadeukaos (Post 981880)

*edit

ignore me, I didn't read his post properly.

ZackMorris 2011-04-04 20:07

I am facing the same problem as well, I just go to the touch site on Firefox and it works, but I much rather have it work in MicroB. This problem has occured in the past, but after a few days it seems to get straightened out so I would say from past experience, it is probably on FB's side of things.

stlpaul 2011-04-04 20:09

I type my comment, click some "Dead" part of the page (outside the textbox), wait a few seconds, then submit... seems to work. I'm sure it's some facebook ajax madness.

But as newer browsers have been released, since MicroB is based on older gecko core, we'll surely see more incompatibilities popping up in the future.

I have old Seamonkey 1.1x installed on an old PC, which is same browser codebase as Firefox2 basically, and it's amazing how many sites won't work properly anymore in that browser.

pusak gaoq 2011-04-04 20:11

i use to thinks this problem is cause by the facebook it self but after i monitor it & using all apps that can be use i admit only while using facebook on microB i have this problem...
opera - no comment cut short or dissappearing comment...
firefox mobile - same result as opera...
kasvopus - my comment will jump on other friends comment...
macuco2 - have to refresh a few time just to see the latest update...
pc apps such as IE,chrome,firefox - no problem...

mr_jrt 2011-04-04 22:08

Quote:

You know you can use the chat by adding a jabber/XMPP account to the N900's IM accounts, don't you? It's far nicer than using the web interface.

JamesBond@ge 2011-04-04 23:07

Quote:

I installed this app at your recommendation. It isn't very good to be honest. It's very hit and miss; thinks that posts I made today were yesterday, get all the posts jumbled up in the wrong order, shutdown by itself for no reason a couple of times, takes a long time to load pages.

Not very good at all.

JamesBond@ge 2011-04-04 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_jrt (Post 981964)
You know you can use the chat by adding a jabber/XMPP account to the N900's IM accounts, don't you? It's far nicer than using the web interface.

Cheers for that tip bro. On it now. It just imported all my friends list into my contacts. i never knew this phone could do this tbh.

JamesBond@ge 2011-04-05 00:01

.....what a difference, Blockbuster Video.

Repeat after me Nuk Nuk:

Wow, what a difference. Blockbuster Video.

And repeat.........

JamesBond@ge 2011-04-05 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuknuk (Post 982046)
go away NEWBEEEEEEEEE

I can troll with the best of them mate but this is lame.

On the ignore list you go. Laters.

festivalnut 2011-04-05 00:26

perhaps they're completely useful posts, but on twist of facebooks bug TMO has removed all the coherent parts from nuknuks comments?

mr_jrt 2011-04-06 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge (Post 982028)
Cheers for that tip bro. On it now. It just imported all my friends list into my contacts. i never knew this phone could do this tbh.

Np. The merge contacts plugin for contacts comes in quite handy once you add your fb IM account. Even more so when you add in your other IM accounts as well!

kaos_king 2011-04-16 21:48

Im experiencing this again tonight and I think I've found a way around it.

I just enter a new line before posting what ive wrote - i.e. finish writing
>> shift + enter >> enter. That seems to work for me,

Roth 2011-04-16 22:06

I don't have any problems with commenting on Facebook since I'm so used to selecting all, copy and pasting. What I do have a problem with is viewing photos.

Facebook has changed their site once again, and now it's more difficult to view photos and the comments of those photos. When you click on a photo, it pops up a big black background with the photo floating over the news feed, but when you try to scroll down it [the MicroB] thinks you're scrolling through the news feed instead, so the photo viewing disappears and reappears in the process. The picture is sometimes too big and I can't scroll to the comment section of that picture. Even the zoom in/zoom out doesn't work that well. It's just really annoying. I was just wonder if there's any round-abouts to this.

// Roth

casketizer 2011-04-16 22:13

I donno about FB as I don't use that. But one of my hardware stores has a similar annoying pic viewer now. There microB's hover mode helps. Have you tried that?

kingofsorrow 2011-04-17 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roth (Post 990192)
I don't have any problems with commenting on Facebook since I'm so used to selecting all, copy and pasting. What I do have a problem with is viewing photos.

Facebook has changed their site once again, and now it's more difficult to view photos and the comments of those photos. When you click on a photo, it pops up a big black background with the photo floating over the news feed, but when you try to scroll down it [the MicroB] thinks you're scrolling through the news feed instead, so the photo viewing disappears and reappears in the process. The picture is sometimes too big and I can't scroll to the comment section of that picture. Even the zoom in/zoom out doesn't work that well. It's just really annoying. I was just wonder if there's any round-abouts to this.

// Roth

when you see the new notification for the comments, just click the red icon to see list of new notifications, press the "see all notifications" at the bottom, then when the full list loads, touch and hold on the "photo" link and select "open link in new window" do it for all photos...

you might know this already, just wanted to give hints

JamesBond@ge 2011-04-17 21:33

Yeah, it is definitely easier to open photos in a new window rather than click on the directly.

col37400 2011-04-18 09:28

I have the truncated comments problem too, and also the issue with photos described above.
I wish Facebook would employ some better developers. They don't seem to be familiar with the "if it aint broke don't fix it" principle. Do they have too much spare time on their hands or something?

kaos_king 2011-04-19 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by col37400 (Post 990949)
I have the truncated comments problem too, and also the issue with photos described above.
I wish Facebook would employ some better developers. They don't seem to be familiar with the "if it aint broke don't fix it" principle. Do they have too much spare time on their hands or something?

Can you try my suggestion in post #32 above and see if that helps with the truncating issue.

col37400 2011-04-19 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos_king (Post 991737)
Can you try my suggestion in post #32 above and see if that helps with the truncating issue.

Yes, I have been trying it and so far it seems to work. Thank you.

HellFlyer 2011-04-20 00:09

I know its a not solution for MicroB but try using Fennec with Phony addon.Just change user agent to Desktop Firefox and browse facebook :)