maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   scummvm 0.10 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=7399)

fanoush 2007-07-07 21:22

scummvm 0.10

Hi,

just to let you know that now there is also 0.10.0 version on my site
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#scummvm

for new features check http://www.scummvm.org/?shownews=20070620.xml or NEWS file here

maemo specific port changes:
- right button keybinding added to Touche engine (center keypad button)
- enabled FLAC (mainly for DXA compressed Broken Sword cutscenes with FLAC audio available on ScummVM site)

Due to new engines the executable size is now ~5MB so if you don't want to use new engines it may be better to stay with older scummvm versions as there are not many changes for older engines. Maybe newer version has more bloat and may be even slower. At least it seems that sound in Simon now stutters a lot. I think in older versions it was better.

AGI engine is also enabled (as requested here in the forum by someone) but I didn't try any game so I don't know how usable it is without real keyboard.

earl00 2007-07-07 23:24

Re: scummvm 0.10

thanks. any support for sierra games?

fanoush 2007-07-08 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by earl00 (Post 57691)
thanks. any support for sierra games?

Support? Not from me ;-) But if you are asking whether Sierra AGI engine is enabled then yes, it is.

BTW, for those with hacker edition, dont miss the sound fix here https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=164&atid=681 ScummVM won't run without it.

Sho 2007-07-08 12:40

I'd be interested in the patch once more, as I still want to try hooking up the directional pad to the "keyboard mouse" for Broken Sword (thread). I haven't had the time yet to try on top of the 0.9.1 patch, so now I might as well start with the current version :).

fanoush 2007-07-09 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sho (Post 57856)
I'd be interested in the patch once more

OK
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sho (Post 57856)
I haven't had the time yet to try on top of the 0.9.1 patch, so now I might as well start with the current version :).

Yes but you may as well start with 0.9.1 once you really have the time ;-) If 0.10 patch is still not on my site by the time you have 0.9.1 compiled and plan to make your first changes, let me know and I will make fresh patch with latest changes for 0.10.

jethro.itt 2007-07-09 18:19

Thanks, fanoush.

I tried playing Future Wars. It works, but there does not seem to be a way to save or restore the game.

Sho 2007-07-09 19:03

@fanoush: If I do get around to scratching my itch, I'll certainly send the modification 'upstream' to you so you can include it in your package. No need to fragment into multiple distros.

Of course, if you find time before me don't hesitate to add it first ... ;)

fanoush 2007-07-09 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro.itt (Post 58332)
I tried playing Future Wars. It works, but there does not seem to be a way to save or restore the game.

Sorry, don't know this game. In such cases I need someone who explains to me how that game works on PC i.e. which keys and/or mouse buttons are needed for proper game operation. Also telling me how great the game is and/or where I can (legally) get it can help :-)

jethro.itt 2007-07-09 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoush (Post 58360)
Sorry, don't know this game. In such cases I need someone who explains to me how that game works on PC i.e. which keys and/or mouse buttons are needed for proper game operation. Also telling me how great the game is and/or where I can (legally) get it can help :-)

OK. I use Debian Linux on my desktop and the latest version of SCUMMVM is not yet available in Debian repositories. I'll try to find the time to compile a desktop version of SCUMMVM 0.10 and make a list of mouse/keyboard commands for you. As for getting the game legally, I have no idea...

spiderx 2007-07-09 20:23

Anyone know how to use the keyboard in AGI games? I cannot enter any age in LSL1 thus cannot even start. Do you have to use a bluetooth keyboard?

fanoush 2007-07-09 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderx (Post 58405)
Anyone know how to use the keyboard in AGI games? I cannot enter any age in LSL1 thus cannot even start. Do you have to use a bluetooth keyboard?

yes, it may be unusable without BT keyboard, see also related thread here
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4538
I think AGI engine in scummvm supports some predefined list of words and maybe can pop up this list somehow but don't know details and perhaps this won't solve everything

jethro.itt 2007-07-11 17:02

OK. I've tested Future Wars on a Linux PC. I think the only addition needed for the game to be playable on internet tablets is to add a way to press F10.

The game requires left mouse button for movement (stylus taps work just fine), right mouse button for action menu but ESC and F9 work too, that's why the round arrow key on 770/N800 works already. If the menu key was mapped to F10, saving and restoring a game would be possible. While saving the game asks for a savegame name. Any characters would do, like is done with SCUMM games (AAA..., BBB...). Left mouse button is enough to enter the name and save, so the enter key is not necessary.

EDIT: An empty name appears to be just fine for a savegame, so mapping F10 is the only necessary change.

fanoush 2007-07-11 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro.itt (Post 59093)
If the menu key was mapped to F10, saving and restoring a game would be possible.

OK, thanks, F10 mapped to menu (=F4)
http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/scummvm_0.10.0-1_armel.deb

jethro.itt 2007-07-12 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoush (Post 59154)
OK, thanks, F10 mapped to menu (=F4)

Excellent! Thanks. I quickly tested this new version and was able to save and restore a game succesfully.

Mika73 2007-07-12 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoush (Post 58407)
yes, it may be unusable without BT keyboard, see also related thread here
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4538
I think AGI engine in scummvm supports some predefined list of words and maybe can pop up this list somehow but don't know details and perhaps this won't solve everything

Does it support remade VGA version of LSL? It was used with mouse and didnt need keyboard.

jethro.itt 2007-07-12 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika73 (Post 59363)
Does it support remade VGA version of LSL? It was used with mouse and didnt need keyboard.

According to Wikipedia, the new version of LSL runs on the SCI engine. SCUMMVM does not yet support SCI, only AGI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leisure...Lounge_Lizards
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Sierra

fanoush 2007-07-13 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro.itt (Post 59276)
Excellent! Thanks. I quickly tested this new version and was able to save and restore a game succesfully.

http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/scummvm_0.10.0-2_armel.deb

* Future Wars - add mapping for left/up/down/right,zoom +/-
* fix SDL backend to set mouse position also on button down event as sometimes we may not have mousemove events with touchscreen

Mika73 2007-07-13 09:38

Finally installed it... Day Of The Tentacle, Sam & Max.. At last.. Oh boy.. It has been so long time since I played those games.. :)

Futurewars asks question before it starts and I cant answer Larry age question at all.. But Nostalgy feeling is amazing.. :)

Too bad it wont support Adventures of Willy Beamish..

jethro.itt 2007-07-13 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika73 (Post 59616)
Futurewars asks question before it starts and I cant answer Larry age question at all..

I just found the Future Wars manual PDF on ReplacementDocs.com:

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2147

The back cover (left half of the first page on the PDF) is used as the copy protection.

Mika73 2007-07-13 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro.itt (Post 59624)
I just found the Future Wars manual PDF on ReplacementDocs.com:

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2147

The back cover (left half of the first page on the PDF) is used as the copy protection.

Mika73 2007-07-20 19:42

Broken Sword 2:

I noticed that I couldnt get to ScummVM menu when played BS2, so I couldnt save game. Havent tryed BS1 yet.

Mika73 2007-07-20 23:57

BS1 doesnt save either. You cant type save games name and it wont save. Also autosave of Scumm wont work.

fanoush 2007-07-21 07:17

use zoom keys to write game name (like a,aa,ab,... :-)
bs1 works, bs2 not yet, search this forum for bs1 or broken sword for whole story

Mika73 2007-07-21 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoush (Post 61849)
use zoom keys to write game name (like a,aa,ab,... :-)
bs1 works, bs2 not yet, search this forum for bs1 or broken sword for whole story

Thanks :) I wish I have known yeasterday, now I have to start again.. ;)

I did finnish Playstation version of that game years ago.. Remember that it was quite hard.. atleast for me. But different persons at that game are fun and chat with them. :)

stomper 2007-07-25 21:11

fanoush: Thank you, great work! I finished BS1 without troubles on N800. Then installed BS2 and noticed that second mouse button won't work, and also that it is not possible to enter letters in save game names, so saving does not work. I hope that you'll also fix that one :)

fanoush 2007-07-26 06:54

BS2 is different engine and I'm still playing BS1 and don't have space on card for BS2 too. This means I cannot test whether keymapping changes for BS2 are correct or not. If you are impatient I guess I can do it blindly and let you test it.

stomper 2007-07-26 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoush (Post 63127)
BS2 is different engine and I'm still playing BS1 and don't have space on card for BS2 too. This means I cannot test whether keymapping changes for BS2 are correct or not. If you are impatient I guess I can do it blindly and let you test it.

Hi, yes I would like to play some BS2, so let's do it like that. Let me know when you have test version ready.

Thanks!

desiv 2007-08-02 21:27

Just a thought.
It would be great if we could do custom per game button mappings.
For instance, it appears that Indy 3, the last crusade needs buttons for boxing (numeric keypad on the PC).
I know we're running out of buttons on 770 to map. :-)
I'm thinking of per game config files (or one file with sections for each game) that you can edit, not preconfigured compiled in bindings.

I'm a command line guy, so no need/desire for a GUI key mapper. :-)

I haven't tried you're custom version of scummvm yet, but I didn't notice anything about Indy 3 in it.

I'll try it with some of the other games tho. Thanx!!!
desiv

p.s. Actually, what the 770/800 needs is a pop up, manually triggerable, preferably transparent, virtual keyboard. IMHO. :-)

cme 2007-08-02 23:38

Can you integrate xkbd to it
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...2748#post62748

desiv 2007-08-03 17:54

Wow. I hadn't seen the xkbd version for the 770.
(I had seen info on using it for remote X)

That looks great!

So, I take it I need the load applet run thing to launch it? That might be a retorical question. I'm on a PC now with no WiFi around, so I'll have to wait to test it.

Those pics in the thread look great. I'll let you know if the numbers work in Indy3 (the faq for Indy3 said numeric keypad, so???)

Thanx!!!!

desiv
update - xkbd won't install on my 770 w/ it2006. i'll check dependencies next....
update 2 - Got it! Had to apt-get libxpm4 first.
Boxing in indy 4 works!!!
using xkbd now!

desiv 2007-08-04 00:48

xkbd works great. It's the solution.
Should work in remote X apps too.
Q: I am using load-applet-run to launch xkbd. How do I delete entries in load-applet-run ? I haven't found the config yet....
Thanks
desiv

cme 2007-08-04 02:13

using gconfig editor:
apps->loadplugin

desiv 2007-08-04 05:09

Thanx,
Loaded gconf-editor, but I started getting lockups/reboots in Opera. When browsing this site.
I uninstalled load-applet-run and it seems better, at least in my exhausting 5 minutes of testing. :)
I'll run xkbd from the shell for a bit.
(Interesting, Maemo mappe, which I've been running today, didn't lockup. But Opera definately, even after clearing the cache.)

Thanx again

desiv

vlaktor 2007-08-12 15:51

Hi, SummVM works great. I never expected that it would full throttle at full framerate on my n800. I love that game although there is a problem with the keymapping. In the beginning you'll have to fight another bike while driving. When the scene starts you see the hand icon but as soon as you touch the screen it switches to kicking, making it almost impossible to win the scene. Is there any way to switch weapons in bikefights? I pressed every button on the device but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks

fanoush 2007-08-12 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlaktor (Post 67903)
In the beginning you'll have to fight another bike while driving. When the scene starts you see the hand icon but as soon as you touch the screen it switches to kicking, making it almost impossible to win the scene. Is there any way to switch weapons in bikefights? I pressed every button on the device but nothing has worked so far.

How it is done when playing on PC? What keys/buttons need to be pressed and how?

vlaktor 2007-08-12 18:10

Normally you switch weapons with the right mouse button, left mouse is used for attack.

What's strange is that on the N800 in the beginning of the scene the fist is selected but after the talking it automaticly switches from fist to foot, and then you can kick with the pen tap, pressing the centerdpad does nothing while it should switch.

The rest of the full throttle controls in the port are fine as far as i can see.

Thanks for the prompt response and keep up the good work ;)

fanoush 2007-08-14 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlaktor (Post 67936)
Normally you switch weapons with the right mouse button, left mouse is used for attack.

What's strange is that on the N800 in the beginning of the scene the fist is selected but after the talking it automaticly switches from fist to foot, and then you can kick with the pen tap, pressing the centerdpad does nothing while it should switch.

The rest of the full throttle controls in the port are fine as far as i can see.

That's strange. I would need to look at the source if there is any special key handling for FT (maybe even related to this scene), this will take a while. Did you try also in scummvm on PC? Does it work there?

vlaktor 2007-08-14 20:33

jup, it works on the pc scummvm as it should. i've tested it.

vlaktor 2007-08-15 15:40

i've tested it again on the n800 seems that i was wrong. you can switch your weapon the first time(it changes from punch to kick) with the right mouse(dpad center) but after that your unable to switch back to punch, the center dpad does nothing. on the pc version it does switch back.

i also know that the bike fighting scene's use another engine than the normal click and play engine used in full throttle and other lucasarts games.

thanks.

Dom Queron 2007-08-18 08:46

Seems like this version of scumm supports predictive keyboard input, so xkbd isn't even needed for text input.

All that's required is copying the file pre.dict to some directory and then pointing the scummvm extras path there using the options.

afterwards, clicking on the text input line in an agi game spawns a predictive, cell phone style keyboard (which works well in fullscreen mode).