maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Competitors (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SE Xperia PRO (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74067)

God 2011-06-17 03:16

SE Xperia PRO

Anyone interested in it? What are your opinions?

ysss 2011-06-17 03:28

Re: SE Xperia PRO

I don't know why exactly, but this topic makes me moist.

jo21 2011-06-17 03:50

my next phone needs xenon 32gb+ 1gb ram+ qwerty.

this isnt it.

F2thaK 2011-06-17 03:53

and NOT android OS

cloudstrife1ph 2011-06-17 04:44

it's not dual-core so it'll be a step backward. it might not be that important these days as there's only few apps using its full potential but that also keeps you in the game of getting future updates...

htc doubleshot is better than xperia pro. if n9 ever comes out, even the os is in limbo, multitasking is the best...

mece 2011-06-17 05:51

Teehee "Sexperia Pro"

Anyway some more information would be nice. From what I googled it looks really old fashioned but the keyboard looks nice. But more to the point, it's an android phone so it's just like the hundreds of other android phones out there, and I'm not the slightest bit interested.

God 2011-06-20 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by F2thaK (Post 1030626)
and NOT android OS

Android is the leading OS.

God 2011-06-20 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mece (Post 1030650)
Teehee "Sexperia Pro"

Anyway some more information would be nice. From what I googled it looks really old fashioned but the keyboard looks nice. But more to the point, it's an android phone so it's just like the hundreds of other android phones out there, and I'm not the slightest bit interested.

The only other Android device which is comparable and has a keyboard is the Milestone 2, so it isnīt just "another" android. The only major disappointment is the small internal memory.

here you can find everything you need about it.

God 2011-06-20 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudstrife1ph (Post 1030638)
it's not dual-core so it'll be a step backward. it might not be that important these days as there's only few apps using its full potential but that also keeps you in the game of getting future updates...

htc doubleshot is better than xperia pro. if n9 ever comes out, even the os is in limbo, multitasking is the best...

Well if youīre so interested in a dual core, then you should wait for the SE Xperia Duo.

And you mean the HTC myTouch 4G Slide (Unofficial still).

God 2011-06-20 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo21 (Post 1030623)
my next phone needs xenon 32gb+ 1gb ram+ qwerty.

this isnt it.

Motorola Photon 4G might be more for you.

MyNokiaN900 2011-06-20 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by God (Post 1030612)
Anyone interested in it? What are your opinions?

Hey God!

Having played with Android on my Nokia N900, I figure it will be quite the same experience, in which case I am not that impressed yet. Here is a good comparison between Nokia N900 and SE Xperia Pro.

GsmArena Comparison of Nokia N900 and Sony Ericcson Xperia Pro

I would expect a Smartphone coming out 2 years later to have a helleva lot more on offer than the SE Xperia Pro is offering.

Just shows how good the N900 really is.

God 2011-06-20 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 (Post 1032956)
Hey God!

Having played with Android on my Nokia N900, I figure it will be quite the same experience, in which case I am not that impressed yet. Here is a good comparison between Nokia N900 and SE Xperia Pro.

GsmArena Comparison of Nokia N900 and Sony Ericcson Xperia Pro

I would expect a Smartphone coming out 2 years later to have a helleva lot more on offer than the SE Xperia Pro is offering.

Just shows how good the N900 really is.

Well what more do you expect? Every mobile device out there isnīt bringing anythig more then SE Xperia Pro, so basically the entire mobile industry must be a disaster then... xD? The only thing that could be on the Pro would be a dual core processor....apart from that itīs packing basically the best hardware/software available. The N900 isnīt friendly enough for the market & the OS more or less dead. Iīm not being rude, just pointing out facts.

AndyNokia232 2011-06-20 17:31

Nice handle mate. Seeing as you're God, could you please explain why my girlfriend turns into an angry hellbeast foaming at the mouth once a week, every month?

God 2011-06-20 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 (Post 1032974)
Nice handle mate. Seeing as you're God, could you please explain why my girlfriend turns into an angry hellbeast foaming at the mouth once a week, every month?

To remind you nobody is perfect :-)

MyNokiaN900 2011-06-20 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by God (Post 1032973)
Well what more do you expect? Every mobile device out there isnīt bringing anythig more then SE Xperia Pro, so basically the entire mobile industry must be a disaster then... xD? The only thing that could be on the Pro would be a dual core processor....apart from that itīs packing basically the best hardware/software available. The N900 isnīt friendly enough for the market & the OS more or less dead. Iīm not being rude, just pointing out facts.

I disagree it's the best hardware. Does it have a Carl Zeiss lens? Does it have a 32GB hard disk? Is it capable of dual booting or running more than one OS?

As for the best software (lol), you are kidding right?

I wonder who decided the N900 was not friendly enough for the market?

kyllerbuzcut 2011-06-20 18:07

I have been persuading my wife to wait on this coming out for about 2 months.She wanted to get a desire Z because she likes the idea of a keyboard after playing with mine, but doesn't want to have to fiddle with the OS. But I made her wait. Now they go and put the release date back on the xperia pro, but she's still waiting. I searched and as far as I could find, It is currently the best alternative out there (or nearly out there) if you want a qwerty.

God 2011-06-20 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 (Post 1033011)
I disagree it's the best hardware. Does it have a Carl Zeiss lens? Does it have a 32GB hard disk? Is it capable of dual booting or running more than one OS?

As for the best software (lol), you are kidding right?

I wonder who decided the N900 was not friendly enough for the market?

The Xperia pro has the newest Sony Exmor RTM Mobile Sensor with f/2.4 lens aperture, you really want to compare that with the out-dated N900īs camera? lol. The only thing is the 32GB hard disk (which nobody needs), but thatīs the only flaw seeing as it only has 1GB. But you can install 80% of the apps on an SD card.

Of course Iīm not kidding.

Android vs Maemo, do I really have to explain it to you? :(
To able to enjoy the N900 the slightest you have to tweek it up with 100 different things, which isnīt really user-friendly is it now...?
People want an outstanding phone that is ready out of the box. And seeing as the Android Store has overtaken iPhone I donīt think thereīs much to say.

God 2011-06-20 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut (Post 1033035)
I have been persuading my wife to wait on this coming out for about 2 months.She wanted to get a desire Z because she likes the idea of a keyboard after playing with mine, but doesn't want to have to fiddle with the OS. But I made her wait. Now they go and put the release date back on the xperia pro, but she's still waiting. I searched and as far as I could find, It is currently the best alternative out there (or nearly out there) if you want a qwerty.

Milestone 2 is the only good alternative to the Xperia Pro. But just wait for it, itīs coming Early July...

philh 2011-06-20 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by God (Post 1032942)
Android is the leading OS.

Toyota Corolla is the best selling car of all time.

Guess what I am driving.

It`s not Toyota Corolla..

kyllerbuzcut 2011-06-20 18:20

I'll check that out too, but I might have dismissed it already at some point. (maybe wrongly) but I'll have a look anyway.

God 2011-06-20 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by philh (Post 1033058)
Toyota Corolla is the best selling car of all time.

Guess what I am driving.

It`s not Toyota Corolla..

Thereīs nothing you can moan about regarding Android.
So itīs only anger or disappointment that Maemo canīt even be compared with Symbian....

Kenny1001 2011-06-20 19:47

considerd that you want android...
If you want a device that looks good, take the pro.
If you want a device that has power take the lg 2x, galaxy 2, atrix, or sensation.

klinglerware 2011-06-20 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by God (Post 1033046)
The Xperia pro has the newest Sony Exmor RTM Mobile Sensor with f/2.4 lens aperture, you really want to compare that with the out-dated N900īs camera? l

I was somewhat interested in the Xperia Pro as a potential replacement device, depending on how both Harmattan and the potential AT&T acquisition of T-mobile USA played out.

I was mainly interested in the high-ish spec'd camera + physical keyboard combo. However, reviewers of the Xperia Arc & Neo (both with the same camera specs, I believe, as the forthcoming Pro) have generally been disappointed by the imaging quality, relative to the hype.

So for now, I'll wait until something better comes along. The N900 should meet my needs for the foreseeable future.

Edit to add: the just-announced Milestone/Droid 3 also looks like a potential option if you are looking for an Android handset with a higher-end cellphone camera (8MP) and physical keyboard

rmarcus 2011-06-20 19:53

I would go for the Xperia Pro, I am not so confident about Motorola.
Even the Xperia 10 mini pro's camera is way better that the N900's.

I had been using the Xperia 10 mini pro for a month, it is really cool the Android Market and the multitouch...but with that processor, it is no match for the n900, on the other hand, the Xperia Pro, qwerty, sony bravia engine, hdmi bravia connectivity, among other features, looks really promissing.

I just think that Sony is losing many customers by delaying its availability.

Any idea on the availability?

kyllerbuzcut 2011-06-20 22:03

end of this month. It was supposed to be beginning but got put back to end of June. Suppose it COULD get put back even further but my wife would through something at them so they might just have to release it:)

God 2011-06-21 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by klinglerware (Post 1033181)
I was somewhat interested in the Xperia Pro as a potential replacement device, depending on how both Harmattan and the potential AT&T acquisition of T-mobile USA played out.

I was mainly interested in the high-ish spec'd camera + physical keyboard combo. However, reviewers of the Xperia Arc & Neo (both with the same camera specs, I believe, as the forthcoming Pro) have generally been disappointed by the imaging quality, relative to the hype.

So for now, I'll wait until something better comes along. The N900 should meet my needs for the foreseeable future.

Edit to add: the just-announced Milestone/Droid 3 also looks like a potential option if you are looking for an Android handset with a higher-end cellphone camera (8MP) and physical keyboard

I currently own the Milestone 2....yes, the Milestone 3 seems nice, but it doesnīt really look stylish, they made it look a bit like the first Milestone again....