maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   EmuMaster 0.3.0 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81136)

elemental 2011-12-27 10:03

EmuMaster 0.3.0

Please appreciate my hard work and motivate me by sending me a donation.

Wiki/Bugtracker: https://bitbucket.org/elemental/emumaster/wiki

GrimyHR 2011-12-27 10:10

Re: EmuMaster 0.1.1

why a new thread? and for a minor version release at that...

soleil 2011-12-27 10:21

Why I can't find the update if I check for update in "Manages applications" ?
It's a Nokia Store bug ?
Thank you for your hard works :)

elemental 2011-12-27 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimyHR (Post 1142262)
why a new thread? and for a minor version release at that...

Sorry, I won't make such a mistake in the future. But many of you waited patiently for this release which contains fix for "10s lag" bug

Quote:

Originally Posted by soleil (Post 1142264)
Why I can't find the update if I check for update in "Manages applications" ?
It's a Nokia Store bug ?

Yes, it's a bug of Nokia Store

Manatus 2011-12-27 10:43

Fast test with GBA Yoshi's Island and it is and stays 60 fps and is smooth as butter. Thanks a million Elemental! :)

Will test more later.

soleil 2011-12-27 10:53

After update the sofware I also have 0.1.0 in about and I still can't open my .img psx image :)

elemental 2011-12-27 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by soleil (Post 1142276)
After update the sofware I also have 0.1.0 in about and I still can't open my .img psx image :)

I have not updated version in the about page so it is still 0.1.0 there and .img files works for me. It must be lowercase. Do you see the game in the list?

soleil 2011-12-27 11:03

Sorry it works for me too :) I'm playing tenchu with psx :) Thanks you !

chenliangchen 2011-12-27 11:17

Thank you for keep updating this awesome job. Looking forward to the GB...

HtheB 2011-12-27 12:27

Thanks for the update!

Reminder for the next time: You can just edit the title at the first post of your old thread and just make a reply that the new update did arrive :)

Edit:
Mods: Merge threads?

elemental 2011-12-27 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1142301)
Reminder for the next time: You can just edit the title at the first post of your old thread and just make a reply that the new update did arrive :)
Mods:
Merge threads?

I will do it, yes, merge would be useful right now if possible

Tedri Mark 2011-12-27 12:49

If someone gets ps3 sixasis working i'm going to be tempted to get an n9...

HtheB 2011-12-27 12:51

Bug found:
Keyboard mapping doesn't work for the PSX emu

Feature request:
Can you add a Turbo mode button function for X and Y on the NES?
So when pressing X or Y on the NES Emu, will act like a turbo repeat button for A and B.

Also, can you chage the keyboard mapping automatically to PAD A?
Kinda annoying to turn it on everytime when starting a new rom (for the first time)
So both keyboard and touchscreen can be used as PAD A without harming anything :)

elemental 2011-12-27 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark (Post 1142310)

take a look at the previous thread - "emumaster 0.1.0" - there are guys which confirms sixaxis is working

elemental 2011-12-27 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1142312)
Bug found:
Keyboard mapping doesn't work for the PSX emu

Feature request:
Can you add a Turbo mode button function for X and Y on the NES?
So when pressing X or Y on the NES Emu, will act like a turbo repeat button for A and B.

Also, can you chage the keyboard mapping automatically to PAD A?
Kinda annoying to turn it on everytime when starting a new rom (for the first time)
So both keyboard and touchscreen can be used as PAD A without harming anything :)

1. Remember to quit the game and start it again,because mappings are read only at the start. Pad B is not working in psx in this release, it is fixed in the next
2. OK, I will add turbos
3. I thought about it too, I think I will add global options as well to configure it

Sniper_swe 2011-12-27 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedri Mark (Post 1142310)

its working fine for Me :)

bouznak 2011-12-27 16:13

Thank you for this very good release.

Juste a little request for psx games : can you fix the no-music bug on many ps1 games ? Thank you !

PS : there is several psx games which are not working at all

elemental 2011-12-27 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bouznak (Post 1142380)
Juste a little request for psx games : can you fix the no-music bug on many ps1 games ? Thank you !

PS : there is several psx games which are not working at all

I know psx emulation suffers a lot. Well,here is a short list what will be done next:
  • genesis/megadrive/megacd emulation and landscape mode
  • freeze the set of emulated systems, make included best as possible, fix bugs and implement requested features
  • add new emulated systems - long term

Tedri Mark 2011-12-30 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by elemental (Post 1142315)
take a look at the previous thread - "emumaster 0.1.0" - there are guys which confirms sixaxis is working

Oh ****....

"Bank account, I've got something we need to talk about... You might want to sit down for this..."

Hadn't realised that sixaxis support for the N9 had been ported full stop... My mistake..

I used a friend's galaxy with swype the other day and got on okay with it... Hmmm.. My reasons for not getting one are getting eroded on a daily basis...

elemental 2011-12-30 18:31

The new version with the beauty landscape mode and megadrive/megacd emulation has been sent to QA process at the Nokia Store.
Mega emulation is based on PicoDrive, but many parts have been rewritten. MegaCD emulation uses built-in mp3 decoders.
The bilinear filtering is now supported - added as an option, default off. It has no visible impact on performance (1fps drop at most), so feel free to enable it globally if you want.
I fixed problems with the keyboard (HtheB had right saying there is a bug - thank you, but it had impact on all emulated systems, not only psx).

Full changelog:
* genesis/megadrive/megacd support
* landscape support
* bilinear filtering
* better search
* restart confirmation dialog to prevent accidental pushing on restart button
* keyboard configured as pad-a by default
* do not clear screen if fullscreen is forced
* [bug] fullscreen option didn't work as expected - fixed
* [bug] keyboard conf - l1/r1 has been reversed with start/select
* [bug] l2/r2 has same values as l1/r1 - fixed
* [bug] if games have different extensions they are incorrectly sorted in disk gallery - fixed
* [bug] mulitplayer don't work in psx - fixed
* [bug] strange sixaxis animation when identifying - fixed

More which I don't remember.

Now I will freeze the set of emulated systems for some time (unless someone pay a huge donation for what he want). I will make the current emulated system as good as possible. There are plenty of bugs waiting for a fix and some new features.
Motivate me with a donation.

HtheB 2011-12-30 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by elemental (Post 1143574)
The new version with the beauty landscape mode and megadrive/megacd emulation has been sent to QA process at the Nokia Store.
Mega emulation is based on PicoDrive, but many parts have been rewritten. MegaCD emulation uses built-in mp3 decoders.
The bilinear filtering is now supported - added as an option, default off. It has no visible impact on performance (1fps drop at most), so feel free to enable it globally if you want.
I fixed problems with the keyboard (HtheB had right saying there is a bug - thank you, but it had impact on all emulated systems, not only psx).

Full changelog:
* landscape support
* bilinear filtering
* better search
* [bug] if games have different extensions they are incorrectly sorted in disk gallery - fixed

Now I will freeze the set of emulated systems for some time (unless someone pay a huge donation for what he want). I will make the current emulated system as good as possible. There are plenty of bugs waiting for a fix and some new features.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9953/awesomeks.png

Lovsan 2011-12-30 19:38

i just transferred some money to paypal so it should be there in few days, got few guys who im going to donate to! cheers for this awesome program!

love it, since n9 aint got much games, not really playing that much tho but Command and Conguer and Tony Hawks! must have games ;)

elemental 2011-12-30 20:28

HtheB,
I don't know if it was your intention, but you are getting thanks which you clearly don't deserve, just by posting a big smile. I see you are really happy of my work, but right now you just take away the whole satisfaction. At least remove quotation from your post. Thank you.

Sniper_swe 2011-12-30 20:36

My thanks was intended for u elemental!

cddiede 2011-12-31 20:50

Still checking the Ovi store at the top of every hour looking for the update to appear. Can't wait!

elemental 2011-12-31 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 1144026)
Still checking the Ovi store at the top of every hour looking for the update to appear. Can't wait!

It should be available in 5-7 seven business days - yes, QA process can be so long. I will post when it will be available at the Nokia Store.
Happy New Year

cddiede 2011-12-31 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by elemental (Post 1143614)
HtheB,
I don't know if it was your intention, but you are getting thanks which you clearly don't deserve, just by posting a big smile. I see you are really happy of my work, but right now you just take away the whole satisfaction. At least remove quotation from your post. Thank you.

I thanked on that post since the clever happy face also represented how I felt about the new update. I'm sure there's no misrepresentation intended. We're all just jazzed by having such an active developer contributing to the N9.

justadude 2012-01-09 10:04

Quote:

Full changelog:
* landscape support
* bilinear filtering
* better search

I am willing to motivate you with a donation. What do you consider a large enough donation and how do I donate? I like many here thank you for your efforts

elemental 2012-01-09 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by justadude (Post 1147797)
I am willing to motivate you with a donation. What do you consider a large enough donation and how do I donate? I like many here thank you for your efforts

You can donate through PayPal, you can find a link to it in the EmuMaster about page or at my blog:

http://elemental-mk.blogspot.com/

The amount of donation depends on you. But if you want to beat the others, I can tell you that one guy donated me with 100$.

Update about the new version: It is still in QA, it has failed to pass because some guy apparently did "dpkg -x" on FAT partition where creation of symlinks fails with "Operation not permitted". I explained them the situation and they test the package one more time right now. I am really annoyed with the time needed for a package to pass QA at Nokia Store.

justadude 2012-01-09 14:51

I just found everything in the about section in the program so thank you for the info anyway. I am more than willing to help your progress with a proper dontation. I would like to PM you to discuss things further, but I am waiting to gain access to PMs since I just opened this account.

law138 2012-01-09 20:39

Quote:

Full changelog:
* landscape support
* bilinear filtering
* better search

How much of a donation would I need to summit to for mame and n64 to be added love your work also.

www.rzr.online.fr 2012-01-10 01:10

hi I just rebuilt aranym (AtariST) at the usual place
it could be integrated too ...

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/emu

justadude 2012-01-12 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by elemental (Post 1147817)
You can donate through PayPal, you can find a link to it in the EmuMaster about page or at my blog:

http://elemental-mk.blogspot.com/

The amount of donation depends on you. But if you want to beat the others, I can tell you that one guy donated me with 100$.

Update about the new version: It is still in QA, it has failed to pass because some guy apparently did "dpkg -x" on FAT partition where creation of symlinks fails with "Operation not permitted". I explained them the situation and they test the package one more time right now. I am really annoyed with the time needed for a package to pass QA at Nokia Store.

Just sent you a donation that should make you smile a bit. I have suggestions I would like to give to you. How would I go about doing so?

cddiede 2012-01-12 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by elemental (Post 1147817)
I explained them the situation and they test the package one more time right now. I am really annoyed with the time needed for a package to pass QA at Nokia Store.

Have you thought about posting it to appsformeego?

http://apps.formeego.org/basecategor...1.0/harmattan/

Many developers from these forums are starting to stage software here to bypass the long QA waits from Nokia. It's even got it's own N9 app for package installation:

http://apps.formeego.org/n9client

I just used this last night to update gPodder on the N9, while the version in the Nokia store is still several versions out of date.

elemental 2012-01-12 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 1149504)
Have you thought about posting it to appsformeego?

http://apps.formeego.org/basecategor...1.0/harmattan/

Many developers from these forums are starting to stage software here to bypass the long QA waits from Nokia. It's even got it's own N9 app for package installation:

http://apps.formeego.org/n9client

I just used this last night to update gPodder on the N9, while the version in the Nokia store is still several versions out of date.

I have mentioned it before - counting of downloads at the Nokia Store is important to me right now. I plan to send the packages to appsformeego in the future, but right now I don't want to do that.

Kozzi 2012-01-12 19:20

Anyone managed to get Super Mario Bros Advance 4 to work ? Everytime I run I get "Your Saved Data Is corrupted".

cddiede 2012-01-12 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozzi (Post 1149621)
Anyone managed to get Super Mario Bros Advance 4 to work ? Everytime I run I get "Your Saved Data Is corrupted".

Either you are trying to restore state on a ROM where the state was auto saved under an older version of Emumaster, you you're save state is honest to god corrupted.

Either way, you should be able to bypass (and subsequently overwrite) the bad save state by clicking on the option to disable the auto state run.

I can't remember what the option is called and my N9 is not on me right now, but I remember the option was showed (I think) when long pressing on the game image before launching...

Kozzi 2012-01-13 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 1149651)
Either way, you should be able to bypass (and subsequently overwrite) the bad save state by clicking on the option to disable the auto state run.

I got this error when I load the game for the first time, this seems to be a common problem for this exact game and a fix is available for vbag. I also tried what you said and it is still same, the problem could in the rom though, I have tried two versions already.

elemental 2012-01-13 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by justadude (Post 1149313)
Just sent you a donation that should make you smile a bit. I have suggestions I would like to give to you. How would I go about doing so?

I have sent you an email, but get no info from you, so I post it here too. You can send me your suggestions by email or by PM, you can also add them to bugtracker or (last option) post them here.

elemental 2012-01-13 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr (Post 1148133)
hi I just rebuilt aranym (AtariST) at the usual place
it could be integrated too ...
http://rzr.online.fr/q/emu

Please, could you give me a link because I cannot find it. I will take a look at it.