maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fanboy'ish (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90604)

TheoX 2013-06-30 18:30

Fanboy'ish

No, Jolla is going to be the greatest fail of the 2013 - 2014. The forums will be filled with people with complaints. Also the Jolla will have the worse support, based on community and not special trained personal.

I have some questions. Who will be producing the Jolla Phone hardware? Some chinese "13 megapixel" company that also produces fake phones? Is somehow Jolla OS related to Android (as base framework) and Windows Phone as design? Because after I saw all the screenshots it's very related to Windows Phone and iOS7.

And if both answers are YES, then why you bother buying this crappy sh*t? Ohh yeah I forgot, you're just fanboys like those IPhone guys, or like Samsung (brainless people who wants a specific brand just because -=404. no explanation found=-).

I never understood why the project, why so many supporters, and I would really like some explanations.

Ariadeno 2013-06-30 19:04

Re: Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Why are you bothered by the fact that some company is creating something new? You really don't make sense at all since you are the one complaining people are dedicated to certain (not innovative) phone brands, yet the one who loathes everything related to a company that is trying to be innovative.

Are you one of those, who are happy with the current monopoly which drives everyone out of business who is doing something fair or innovative?

When Jolla will arrive, people will have at least a reason to follow a trend.

This forum is crawling with people (I am one of those) who have passion for open-source software, hacking, geekiness, doing things that the phone is not designed for, etc.

And buying a Samsung phone may not be the best choice according to you or me, but calling people brainless for doing so is in my opinion idiotic.

If you don't like the crowd here we've got a brilliant slang called GTFO.

nokiabot 2013-06-30 19:58

what a slang its get the **** out na:eek:

juiceme 2013-06-30 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1355807)
Is somehow Jolla OS related to Android (as base framework) and Windows Phone as design? Because after I saw all the screenshots it's very related to Windows Phone and iOS7.

Now I am surprised that you are asking these questions, as somehow based on the earlier thread I talked with you (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=75) I was under the impression that you have been part of the development team for an android ROM.

Surely if you ar a hacker like that you have been following Nemomogile/Mer development and you know the answers already?

TheoX 2013-06-30 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1355860)
Now I am surprised that you are asking these questions, as somehow based on the earlier thread I talked with you (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=75) I was under the impression that you have been part of the development team for an android ROM.

Surely if you ar a hacker like that you have been following Nemomogile/Mer development and you know the answers already?

Well to be really sincere, it was a passion and it still is, but sometimes I just need a phone THAT WOULD WORK with no mods, no hacking, and whenever I have a problem with it I just don't want to make another mod, or use an allready made mod, I just want it to work. I hope you understand. I was under the development of Android ROM for LG Optimus One, we were a team that wanted to bring that device to compete to the newer devices (about 2 years ago) and we were working on the ICS porting. But we never got the chance to finish it, WHY? Because we were small, because nobody cared to much about this project, because everyone that owned a Optimus One bought something else JUST because "it's taking too long", and yeah, it was obvious it was taking too long, because this project was sustained by 5 students and some donations to buy us more coffee to work... Another letdown was some libs for the ARMv6, we wrote many petitions and get a lots of votes, but the drivers never came, so our ROM reached a semi-stable version and then died, because everyone of us was sick and tired of this project and this phone and got some closed source os...

Quote:

Why are you bothered by the fact that some company is creating something new?
And what's that new stuff you are talking about. Except that tha fact that is Open Source it looks awfully identical with Windows Phone. Sorry to break it down to you...

Quote:

And buying a Samsung phone may not be the best choice according to you or me, but calling people brainless for doing so is in my opinion idiotic.
No you misunderstood, why? Because you are just another Fanboy. I wasn't talking about Samsung itself, or Apple, or Nokia, or Blackberry, or HTC, or Sony (and I could go on with all the phone manufacturers) it was about the mentality of the USERS. They are the dumbfu*ks. I loved the N900, but it had problems, so it was not good, I am not fanatically waiting for a new miracle phone, I just went to another company and got a phone that matched my needs (after some research).

Quote:

who have passion for open-source software, hacking, geekiness, doing things that the phone is not designed for, etc.
Until today, what are the things that you made your open-source software on your phone do that the phone was not designed for? Answer me this. Ohh yeah, some of you (as I saw in a thread early) are still trying to convert a image to PDF... Function that is developed for the other big brands for a long time.

Quote:

If you don't like the crowd here we've got a brilliant slang called GTFO.
Well this is a foum, so if you don't know to read you can "GTFO". The question of the thread was "Will you buy the Jolla phone?" and being a user of this forum I sincerely answered the question and telling the reason why not. WAKE THE F**K UP FANBOY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceme (Post 1355860)

If you want something that can do that just go and get Sony Vaio UX-280P or the VGN-P688 and trust me that will match your hacker needs! :)

juiceme 2013-07-01 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1355867)
If you want something that can do that just go and get Sony Vaio UX-280P or the VGN-P688 and trust me that will match your hacker needs! :)

Yes, those are just beautiful devices, but with few limitations; Neither is a phone device and battery life sucks.

nokiabot 2013-07-01 05:14

i like those but if it had phone capability then i can think :)

don_falcone 2013-07-01 07:39

Quote:

And what's that new stuff you are talking about. Except that tha fact that is Open Source it looks awfully identical with Windows Phone. Sorry to break it down to you...

Here, you definitely lost it. Looks aside, the foundation ms of Jolla's OS were discussed one thread too many over the last months.

Quote:

Until today, what are the things that you made your open-source software on your phone do that the phone was not designed for? Answer me this. Ohh yeah, some of you (as I saw in a thread early) are still trying to convert a image to PDF... Function that is developed for the other big brands for a long time.

Here, you definitely have a valid point. But what do you expect when people here still _want_ to use FM transmitters...
In the meantime, i enjoy HD panoramas without any stitching involved, HDR without any manual intervention, generally fast operation without f*ckups, and things like Word Lens to help me understanding friggin' signs while on the road. Oh yeah, and PIM functions are just... nearly feature-complete & reliable.

What i don't get _now_ is why you cried when both your N900s broke. I mean, its not that you seem to miss them?

Quote:

Well this is a foum, so if you don't know to read you can "GTFO". The question of the thread was "Will you buy the Jolla phone?" and being a user of this forum I sincerely answered the question and telling the reason why not. WAKE THE F**K UP FANBOY!

Sheeesh..... don't wake up the ivory tower's guards.

Quote:

Interesting... While i certainly have an eye now and then on UMPCs, i've never seen those. Thanks. But it's Sony.

Ariadeno 2013-07-01 08:37

Quote:

No you misunderstood, why? Because you are just another Fanboy. I wasn't talking about Samsung itself, or Apple, or Nokia, or Blackberry, or HTC, or Sony (and I could go on with all the phone manufacturers) it was about the mentality of the USERS. They are the dumbfu*ks. I loved the N900, but it had problems, so it was not good, I am not fanatically waiting for a new miracle phone, I just went to another company and got a phone that matched my needs (after some research).

You should stop acting and overreacting like a crybaby. I wonder how many times you have used the word 'fanboy' on this forum. It has got to suck being one, right?

I am pretty sure you were the one overreacting to every post regarding WP by praising your WP phone and telling how amazing and perfect it is. And expressing your contempt about EVERYTHING a competitor does is just another sign of your fanboyism. Lumiaman's endorsing post explains a lot.

This isn't the first time you're arguing with someone here. I swear I saw you once say some racist abuse to nokiabot which makes you pretty much a pathetic person.

Dave999 2013-07-01 11:02

lets make it simple. Let me be the fanbouy or whatever you can't agree or dissegree on. I could even help you start a new fanboy thread.

will any of you fanboys purchase the jolla device? I cant make it from your letest posts.

AMD 2013-07-01 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1355939)
lets make it simple. Let me be the fanbouy or whatever you can't agree or dissegree on. I could even help you start a new fanboy thread.

will any of you fanboys purchase the jolla device? I cant make it from your letest posts.

Yes, I definitely will, I am a fanboy and I am proud :p

Artyom 2013-07-01 11:47

lets make it simpler. some who wants to buy a jolla phone are all fanboys. even the non-n900/n9 users that consider buying a jolla phone are dumb fanboys. how about that?
anyone who doesn't use apple google samsung stuff are fanboys. how about that?

what i learned in this topic is users of minority os's are greedy fanboys unlike the majority which must be so awesome(!) because many people use it.

Lumiaman 2013-07-01 15:27

Hmmmmmmm.......:

http://www.google.com/trends/explore...20phone&cmpt=q

HELLASISGREECE 2013-07-01 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1356017)

wtf are you comparing?
Microsoft's/Nokia's advertising / brand awareness and Jolla's??!!

so? does this comparison makes us any wiser?

lol

ps: Everyone is aware of 3GS but noone knows its rival (N900)
does this make the 3GS a better device?
fail

AMD 2013-07-01 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1356017)

Whoever makes this kind of comparison, must be extremely stupid. You know that Microsoft has been here since ages, Jolla is a newly opened company which hasn't even launched it's phone globally yet. So, who the f*ck are you to judge? No one has seen the final device yet or known about this company on TV or any place. There is no doubt the Lumia has a higher interest. So THESE kinds of comparisons won't make you any smarter, or even reasonable. You're just a pathetic other Lumia guy who couldn't argue with people regarding the Lumia except in the low light exposure topic. That's what all Lumias are about anyway :rolleyes:
So you might wanna shut the hell up and move on, we can beat you big time and the only thing we need is a great community (which we already have) and support. Go troll somewhere else

Lumiaman 2013-07-01 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE (Post 1356018)
wtf are you comparing?

lol

ps: Everyone is aware of 3GS but noone knows its rival (N900)
does this make the 3GS a better device?
fail

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 3GS was a better device for vast majority. It handled everything well, while N900 was a great concept, with poor delivery, AND you can thank Jolla members for that. They dont know how to CODE a smooth OS. Hence, Jolla is a failure and their phone will be a failure.

AMD 2013-07-01 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1356045)
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 3GS was a better device for vast majority. It handled everything well, while N900 was a great concept, with poor delivery, AND you can thank Jolla members for that. They dont know how to CODE a smooth OS. Hence, Jolla is a failure and their phone will be a failure.

Oops, let me correct you, you and your phones are a failure. You have no LEGIT or LOGICAL reason to say it's a failure. Oh, and why is it smooth then? Because you got owned BIG TIME.

don_falcone 2013-07-01 17:39

You are _all_ niggers posting in da fanboj thread. Btw Artyom; you missed Theo's point. A device-/OS-specific forum doesnt necessarily have to keep you being blind to appreciating developments outside your preferred ideology/'ecosystem'.

Morpog 2013-07-01 17:42

could somebody please close this thread?

AMD 2013-07-01 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpog (Post 1356049)

I wish.
10chars

Lumiaman 2013-07-01 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD (Post 1356046)
Oops, let me correct you, you and your phones are a failure. You have no LEGIT or LOGICAL reason to say it's a failure. Oh, and why is it smooth then? Because you got owned BIG TIME.

Just read what you wrote and realize that you dont make any sense. I got owned by current Jolla losers, for producing the most unstable OSs in the 21st century. Harmattan and Maemo were cool, but they couldnt code it to stability. And here you celebrate total losers. I guess there is everything for everyone in this world

AMD 2013-07-01 17:46

In which way is Jolla's OS laggy? Explain please sir.

The Wizard of Huz 2013-07-01 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheoX (Post 1355807)
No, Jolla is going to be the greatest fail of the 2013 - 2014. The forums will be filled with people with complaints. Also the Jolla will have the worse support, based on community and not special trained personal.

I have some questions. Who will be producing the Jolla Phone hardware? Some chinese "13 megapixel" company that also produces fake phones? Is somehow Jolla OS related to Android (as base framework) and Windows Phone as design? Because after I saw all the screenshots it's very related to Windows Phone and iOS7.

And if both answers are YES, then why you bother buying this crappy sh*t? Ohh yeah I forgot, you're just fanboys like those IPhone guys, or like Samsung (brainless people who wants a specific brand just because -=404. no explanation found=-).

I never understood why the project, why so many supporters, and I would really like some explanations.

Beware, incoming M$ astroturfers !

The Wizard of Huz 2013-07-01 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariadeno (Post 1355906)

What else do you expect from PAID M$ fanboys?!

The Wizard of Huz 2013-07-01 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1356051)
...for producing the most unstable OSs in the 21st century...

LOL, coming from M$ fanboy. M$, producer of the most unstable OS in history of mankind.:rolleyes:

Artyom 2013-07-01 19:43

Re: Fanboy...ish

So lets make a comparison and see which side is more fanboyish. wp/android nazis or maemo/meego users? :D

gerbick 2013-07-01 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artyom (Post 1356072)
So lets make a comparison and see which side is more fanboyish. wp/android nazis or maemo/meego users? :D

The people that correct folks about GNU/Linux and Linux. They will always win the comparisons of fan boys. Mac owners are just mostly part of a cult. Not an exceptionally bright cult. But a rather expensive cult nonetheless.

Dave999 2013-07-01 19:58

I think the biggest fanboys are users with only one device. They defend it with everything they got, plus they make it personal :D

Artyom 2013-07-01 20:04

most of the times apple users are the top board when it comes to fanboyism.

Artyom 2013-07-01 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave999 (Post 1356079)
I think the biggest fanboys are users with only one device. They defend it with everything they got, plus they make it personal :D

Yeah! i defended every device i owned like there's no tomorrow. İm the lord of fanboys.

mikecomputing 2013-07-01 20:44

I am fanboy of Stephen Elop because because I am satanist and Elop is satans son

gerbick 2013-07-01 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecomputing (Post 1356088)
I am fanboy of Stephen Elop because because I am satanist and Elop is satans son

So... you've finally admitted your love of Elop. About damn time.

Lumiaman 2013-07-01 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD (Post 1356052)

Who said its laggy? It is just the worst OS overall. Worst email client, worst browser, worst freezes and restarts. The moodiest of OSs I ever had. Believed in Jolla, bought six for me and others, and everyone i gave it to, returned them. Even Arie here, who I sold three for nothing, is reselling them back here.

How much does Jolla pay you to be so blind of how primitive and unsatisfying the whole experience with Harmattan was. A big step backward. But hey, you vote with your dollars, so go ahead and buy Jolla. I am voting for iphone and Lumia now, as they do the job without need for constant tweaks, mods and god knows what.

biatch0 2013-07-01 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumiaman (Post 1356104)
Believed in Jolla, bought six for me and others, and everyone i gave it to, returned them.

Wow... where did you manage to get 6 Jolla devices? I'd love to be able to get 6 right now... :D:D:D

juiceme 2013-07-02 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerbick (Post 1356077)
The people that correct folks about GNU/Linux and Linux. They will always win the comparisons of fan boys.

Hey, that's me :D. For the record, I also live in an ivory tower.

Akkumaru 2013-07-02 09:07

that doesn't even make any sense nokiabot -.-

Artyom 2013-07-02 13:34

Quote:

How much does Jolla pay you to be so blind of how primitive and unsatisfying the whole experience with Harmattan was. A big step backward. But hey, you vote with your dollars, so go ahead and buy Jolla. I am voting for iphone and Lumia now, as they do the job without need for constant tweaks, mods and god knows what.

How much does ms pay you to troll around? Lol.
Whats the reality of having six n9's when you didn't even like the n900? None.
Tellin' the os is crap, Its all junk.

you don't like it that's fine, but you also don't interfere to people's likings.

Lumiaman 2013-07-02 17:57

Sorry to tell you, but WP8 is the best touchscreen experience on Nokia phones. N9 and N8 were fail, N900 not a touchscreen in terms of usability. The current lumias are so much more functional than N9 or other N devices

TheoX 2013-07-02 18:05

1 Attachment(s)
First of all I don't see moving this to a new thread JUST BECAUSE my opinion is against a "cult". But it's your forum and I have no power here, just the power to freely express my opinions in a good manner.

Okay, after 2 days I got back on this forums and now I am going to answer/discuss all the replies here:

Quote:

Here, you definitely lost it. Looks aside, the foundation ms of Jolla's OS were discussed one thread too many over the last months.
Please elaborate, if you come here with an argument, elaborate it. It's like arguing with a person over something and as your final argument you say "I know this stuff is somewhere, but I won't tell you anything about it, just search for yourself", in this case your argument is invalid.

Quote:

In the meantime, i enjoy HD panoramas without any stitching involved, HDR without any manual intervention, generally fast operation without f*ckups, and things like Word Lens to help me understanding friggin' signs while on the road.
So these are new functions that other phones can't do? Wow, they are really incredible, and new and groundbreaking, maybe if these function were not included in the STOCK firmware of other devices... My Samsung SG1 had HDR and panorama in the stock camera app (Check my FW version in the signature), Google goggles it's another augmented reality app you can get for free in the app store for android that can do everything and even more. In Windows Phone that is called "LENSES" and you can apply any apps like that to your camera view and use them as you wish.

Attachment 32534

Quote:

You should stop acting and overreacting like a crybaby. I wonder how many times you have used the word 'fanboy' on this forum. It has got to suck being one, right?
Why don't you start counting? Is that even an argument?

Quote:

I am pretty sure you were the one overreacting to every post regarding WP by praising your WP phone and telling how amazing and perfect it is. And expressing your contempt about EVERYTHING a competitor does is just another sign of your fanboyism. Lumiaman's endorsing post explains a lot.
Nahh not quite, here you are judging just like a kid. I own a WP phone for just 1 week. The most stable OS I ever used was Windows Mobile, but yeah, maybe you confuse them... And yes I am expressing my contempt about what ALL COMPETITORS do, not just one. This is something like I am a fanboy of EVERYTHING and just hate Jolla because no reason no? Did you even have a second thought about your reply before pressing the submit button?

Quote:

This isn't the first time you're arguing with someone here. I swear I saw you once say some racist abuse to nokiabot which makes you pretty much a pathetic person.
Pathetic? Dude, you really make me laugh. Yes, I post freely what I think, because this is my mentality, don't be good with a person just because. If a person is wrong and his/hers mentality is wrong correct them, they will feel bad for the moment and then maybe they will give a second thought and change their mentality. Ohh wait, this is not related to Jolla, are you kiddo somehow out of arguments?

Quote:

Only one question, did you read my second reply explaining my points of view, or you just learned a new word "fanboy" and now you want to use it regardless. P.S. the next new word is "fangirl", but don't tell anyone.

Quote:

lets make it simpler. some who wants to buy a jolla phone are all fanboys. even the non-n900/n9 users that consider buying a jolla phone are dumb fanboys. how about that?
anyone who doesn't use apple google samsung stuff are fanboys. how about that?

what i learned in this topic is users of minority os's are greedy fanboys unlike the majority which must be so awesome(!) because many people use it.
Nope, you must have a problem understanding a text. Or this is your view on the users. I gave a valid point why this is going to be a failure. I even wrote the definition of a "fanboy" but... I can't even... Dammit, I can't even understand where did you get this idea from...

Quote:

wtf are you comparing?

lol
You are right here, you can't compete with those companies about the advertising. Except some posts on Facebook that's the most I saw about Jolla. Ads about Lumia are everywhere. Sorry Lumiaman, but your argument is not valid in this thread with that comparator.

Quote:

No Lumiaman here you are wrong, N900 was way over the 3GS. It had a physical qwerty keyboard, a flash for the camera and much more. Sorry but here your bubble is broken.

Quote:

You are _all_ niggers posting in da fanboj thread.
Ohh early someone came and claimed I am racist, but running around and saying this word isn't? Just pathetic.

Quote:

Why, are you somehow out of arguments and you wand to shut-down a thread full of valid arguments againt your belief?

Quote:

Just read what you wrote and realize that you dont make any sense. I got owned by current Jolla losers, for producing the most unstable OSs in the 21st century. Harmattan and Maemo were cool, but they couldnt code it to stability. And here you celebrate total losers. I guess there is everything for everyone in this world
Lumiaman, JUST... GET OUT! I like linux, and everything linux related, that's why I owned Android and Maemo devices. They were built as an pretty stable OS for that time and opened for the users to do whatever with them, that's why many users lost the stability. You can't compare the programming of 2009 with the programming of 2013. That's lame.

Quote:

Jolla isn't out yet and Lumiaman knows that it's laggy, wow. Timetraveler?

Quote:

What else do you expect from PAID M$ fanboys?!
Well Lumiaman is the best example. For me, I just wish MS would do such thing. If they would give me really good products (like they always do) FOR FREE, I would promote them everywhere. But since I am just a consumer, I express my opinion about what I could afford and how's working compared with anything else I owned in the past. So my comparatives are valid. I owned all of them, and I know how they work.

Quote:

M$, producer of the most unstable OS in history of mankind.
And that is based on what arguments?

Quote:

So lets make a comparison and see which side is more fanboyish. wp/android nazis or maemo/meego users?
Seems too me that here you WON! By calling the rest of us Nazis. You are pathetic.

Quote:

I think the biggest fanboys are users with only one device. They defend it with everything they got, plus they make it personal
True here!

Quote:

most of the times apple users are the top board when it comes to fanboyism.
Another good saying. But didn't you ever wondered why people move to Apple? You don't get born with Apple in your hand, what makes you switch to another company? Ask yourself this question and then come back here and post what you got!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Huh that's it, I covered all those replies!

AMD 2013-07-02 18:13

Quote:

Who said its laggy? It is just the worst OS overall. Worst email client, worst browser, worst freezes and restarts. The moodiest of OSs I ever had. Believed in Jolla, bought six for me and others, and everyone i gave it to, returned them. Even Arie here, who I sold three for nothing, is reselling them back here.

Look where you're wrong; first of all, you said it isn't smooth, and not smooth=laggy. And then you denied it. Other than that, you said it has the worst browser. But in fact, the browser was never shown :rolleyes: How can you judge by just looking at the icon? And please show me the email client if you've seen it..