maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SFOS+M6] Some news about Mitakuuluu development (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94761)

coderus 2015-03-23 21:26

Some news about Mitakuuluu development

Released: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95508

I know you eagerly waiting for news about Mitakuuluu for SailfishOS (and Ubuntu Phone too) devlopment since last year, and I want to share some news to you.

Mitakuuluu client application GUI is based on last version, but more optimized and running more smoothly. It will not be same, it will be better. It already contains many cool hacks for whatsapp client login and registration details spoofing, whatsapp servers will have less chances to detect 3rd party application.

Development is currently my all-day task, it means i have mo other income than your paypal donations. You can support me using Ingiegogo campaign or PayPal link in my profile signature. Unfortunately i can't accept any bitcoins, as i cannot use it in my country. If you have other ideas how to support my development please use private messages.

Latest whatsapp news: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=17

libaxolotl (GitHub) - TextSecure library needed for implementing end-to-end encryption support for chatting with latest official clients. Development finished (ported to Qt), all synthetic tests passed, but it was not tested with protocol yet. Waiting for messages implementation in libwa. Obviously, this library can be also used for developing native TextSecure chat client in future.

libaxolotl-curve (GitHub) - helper library for generating secret keys, used in libaxolotl. Porting finished, tested and working.

faenil 2015-03-23 21:40

Re: Some news about Mitakuuluu development

cool stuff!

I may join the development if I manage to find some time :)

coderus 2015-03-23 21:49

nice, i'm always seraching for developers contribution but still nobody wanted to really join this project :)

faenil 2015-03-23 22:20

yeah....it's hard to find time for everything I'd like to work on :D

MoritzJT 2015-03-24 00:07

This is great news coderus. I will support you via indigogo again :-)
Especially because I want you to retain your positive attitude and values on openness and community. That's something many others and I really appreciate!

You're quite adventurous if you rely on it. Chapeau!

Teun 2015-03-24 05:28

Keep on going, got you some cash cause no skills to code

vige 2015-03-24 06:16

I'd like to donate some code, but as I don't really have time to write any, I sent you some money instead :)

billranton 2015-03-24 13:05

Are you going to put GPL or LGPL license files and headers in there? They would give you the sort of terms of use you're after.

coderus 2015-03-24 13:32

yes i will add it at some point.

akira.pwr 2015-03-24 14:23

I've contributed with money because I'm not a dev.

dirkvl 2015-03-24 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1464775)
It will not be same, it will be better.

On this condition I have also send some funds your way :)

raandoom 2015-03-25 12:29

coderus, README on GitHub says that Qt4 port are welcome and I am edit some code and successfully compile libwa with Qt4.
But i comment out exeptions and add QJson library :) Do you need it?

coderus 2015-03-25 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by raandoom (Post 1464906)
coderus, README on GitHub says that Qt4 port are welcome and I am edit some code and successfully compile libwa with Qt4.
But i comment out exeptions and add QJson library :) Do you need it?

sure, send push request, i will review your changes. but it should be done in defines way, not commenting out old code :)

raandoom 2015-03-25 21:06

coderus, done! Pull request created.

meet.vino 2015-03-28 03:27

Hello Coderus, thank you for the work you do. I am still using Mitakuuluu 2, will I be able to upgrade to the new version once all this is done? Or will I have to uninstall the old one and install the new one?

coderus 2015-03-28 08:32

You will need to uninstall old one and install new :)

coderus 2015-03-28 12:06

Last news

WhatsApp now sending personal Cease and Desist and Demand letters via lawyers to developers. I didn't received it myself, but some other developers, who have public projects using whatsapp, received it, answered with simple answers, now waiting to know what real actions whatsapp can do against developers. If youre lawyer or personally know any lawyer who can help, i can send you original email document privately.

So, the news are: application and library will be available without any license, application details information including author name,contact information, personal thanks to any contributors (you should understand that), and will be available for free usage for everyone. It will be also uploaded anonymously, and probably will be removed by whatsapp lawyers and reuploaded to somewhere else many times.

And remember: i'm not a developer of mitakuuluu application and libwa, i only know some peoples who contacted with some other peoples, who know some independent developer living in far russian village, feeding bears, playing on balalaika, drinking vodka and coding random stuff for cakes (pryanicks).

kimmoli 2015-03-28 12:57

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H.../wuppissaa.jpg

AxMi-24 2015-03-28 16:19

Would you be interested in working on textsecure / red phone/ signal instead?
I've always felt that it's a waste of your skill to do WhatsApp. I can't help with code but would gladly donate more € to help.

coderus 2015-03-28 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AxMi-24 (Post 1465182)
Would you be interested in working on textsecure / red phone/ signal instead?
I've always felt that it's a waste of your skill to do WhatsApp. I can't help with code but would gladly donate more € to help.

I'm not asked about any other protocols here, thanks :)

milad ghusn 2015-03-28 18:07

is there version for harmattan too ??

coderus 2015-03-28 18:16

you not hapy with whatsup?

milad ghusn 2015-03-28 18:27

i tryd Mitakuuluu , it best than whatsup,
whatsup has bugs not fixed yet and also reported to cepi,
if u have large number of pictures in gallery whatsup take big time to view it when send multiple pics or when change profile picture and other bugs and crash , Mitakuuluu is stable more

coderus 2015-03-28 18:31

i have problems with gallery on N9 also, big time for loading pictures or crashing :)

vistaus 2015-03-28 19:49

If there's any protocol I'm interested in seeing in the form of a native app (WhatsApp would be nice to have again but I'm getting fed up with them at this point) it's BBM's one. A native BBM client would be great to have :)

coderus 2015-03-28 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1465215)
If there's any protocol I'm interested in seeing in the form of a native app (WhatsApp would be nice to have again but I'm getting fed up with them at this point) it's BBM's one. A native BBM client would be great to have :)

I'm not asked about any other protocols here, thanks :)

vakkov 2015-03-28 20:08

They can't do **** to you in Russia :D No one from the Western world (where whatsapp's guys operate) is going to even try to pursue someone in our corrupted countries :D it's just absurd

coderus 2015-03-28 20:17

I hope so :)

Jordi 2015-04-03 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by coderus (Post 1465168)
Last news

And remember: i'm not a developer of mitakuuluu application and libwa, i only know some peoples who contacted with some other peoples, who know some independent developer living in far russian village, feeding bears, playing on balalaika, drinking vodka and coding random stuff for cakes (pryanicks).

A donation is underway, not because you are working on a new WA client (I have no information that you have coding skills) but because I know you feed bears (which is costly) and you like pryaniks. :D

raandoom 2015-04-03 21:12

coderus, what happened with 'libwa' repo? It is gone...

R1v3r 2015-04-09 09:56

Hello coderus,

It seems that cepi has released this whatsup.

Just for the question, are you going to develope still mitakuuluu? Or some other WA software?

The reason for this is tha tI like your codings, and won´t take this whatsup, if you will make some other magics ;) With the bears etc.

ejjoman 2015-04-09 10:08

I think he must first ask his friend, which asks his friend again to ask the actual developer, if he is not out in the wild to feed some bears :)

coderus 2015-04-09 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by raandoom (Post 1465731)
coderus, what happened with 'libwa' repo? It is gone...

It is moved to private bitbucket due to aggressive whatsapp activities against developers

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1v3r (Post 1466159)
Hello coderus,

Just for the question, are you going to develope still mitakuuluu? Or some other WA software?

The reason for this is tha tI like your codings, and won´t take this whatsup, if you will make some other magics ;) With the bears etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejjoman (Post 1466161)
I think he must first ask his friend, which asks his friend again to ask the actual developer, if he is not out in the wild to feed some bears :)

Just asked. Mitakuuluu is under developing. Implementing features stage: http://i.imgur.com/U1iaIlb.png

Leinad 2015-04-09 12:08

Just out of interest: is there any chance of getting the web client working in combination with a non-official client?
you know, this scanning of QR-code...

coderus 2015-04-09 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leinad (Post 1466179)
Just out of interest: is there any chance of getting the web client working in combination with a non-official client?
you know, this scanning of QR-code...

yes, we're working on it :)

vistaus 2015-04-09 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1v3r (Post 1466159)
Hello coderus,

He has released Whatsup fot SailfishOS? I don't see any release...

coderus 2015-04-09 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1466188)
He has released Whatsup fot SailfishOS? I don't see any release...

check right panel of this forum

vistaus 2015-04-09 12:58

Found it, thanks :)

itdoesntmatt 2015-04-10 23:27

i have always known that you are not the really developer, you are only the medium between users and real developers...you are just a newbie developer, you can just code hello world. nothing more of that...

however, i have to say you thanks for asking our question to this rude russian savages/developers, and please don't forget to feed even others species of animals, because in the wild is so hard to find something to eat daily. :)

I want to know if you can ask to them (someone told me that they are called/nicknamed something like develsavages or wildcoders can you confirm?) at what point is the development of the app.
And a suggest..your indiegogo page can be misunderstood, it seems you are the real developer of mitakuluu, but i don't think this respect the work of develsavages/wildcoders...you had better to clarify because they can be hurt by such a stupid behaviour from a newbie of coding like you are. :p sorry i don't want to offend u but just to say what i think about it :D:D

coderus 2015-04-11 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt (Post 1466350)
i have always known that you are not the really developer, you are only the medium between users and real developers...you are just a newbie developer, you can just code hello world. nothing more of that...

however, i have to say you thanks for asking our question to this rude russian savages/developers, and please don't forget to feed even others species of animals, because in the wild is so hard to find something to eat daily. :)

I want to know if you can ask to them (someone told me that they are called/nicknamed something like develsavages or wildcoders can you confirm?) at what point is the development of the app.
And a suggest..your indiegogo page can be misunderstood, it seems you are the real developer of mitakuluu, but i don't think this respect the work of develsavages/wildcoders...you had better to clarify because they can be hurt by such a stupid behaviour from a newbie of coding like you are. :p sorry i don't want to offend u but just to say what i think about it :D:D

i also like deers and squirrels. and about indiegogo - it's the only income developers have, so please respect it. without your donations it's not possible to develop more applications and patches.