maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [SFOS] [Announce] tIDE - transportable IDE (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=98593)

eekkelund 2016-12-21 15:06

[Announce] tIDE - transportable IDE

3 Attachment(s)
https://github.com/eekkelund/harbour...e.png?raw=truehttps://github.com/eekkelund/harbour...t.png?raw=true

tIDE, transportable IDE, is an application for SailfishOS to create new applications on the go! You can use it as pocket sized QtCreator or just normal text editor.

Includes new keyboard(With text prediction) and root mode! Now also for tablets!

This is my first 'big' app, so I would like to hear all the feedback and suggestions you might have :)

PORTS MAY HAVE BUGS. USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!

This will be my entry for the Maemo Coding Competition :)

Features

(New features in bold)

Basic IDE features such as:
  • Syntax highlighting ( QML, JS & Python)
  • Project template creation for SailfishOS
  • Autocomplete (Installs new keyboard)
  • Running your application
  • Application output & debug log
  • Building a RPM (experimental)
  • Predictive text (QML, JS & Python)
  • Installing built RPM

Normal text editor features including:
  • Line numbers (experimental)
  • Autosave
  • Themes
  • Font settings
  • Indentation
  • Redo/Undo
  • Search
  • Launch from terminal (harbour-tide /path/to/file.txt)
  • Change files on the fly
  • Split view. And possibility to move separator

Root mode features:
  • Edit UI, application or system files. You name it!
  • Possibility to run applications in /usr/share

Keyboard:
  • Predictive text depending on what file opened
    • .qml = QML, properties, JS and common keywords
    • .js = JS and common keywords
    • .py = Pythons and common keywords
    • .* = Common keywords
  • Tabulator button on Sym view
  • Arrow keys
    • On shift latched possibility to jump words
    • On shift down copying
  • Basic hardware support including common shortcuts
    • CTRL+Z, CTRL+F, CTRL+S, CTRL combinations
    • SHIFT combinations
    • etc. etc.

Instructions:

New keyboard is activated from: Settings - Text input - Keyboards - Develop

Built RPM's are located at: /home/nemo/rpmbuild/RPMS/*architecture*/

Projects are located at: /home/nemo/tIDE/Projects/

If you have problem when installing try pkcon refresh and then try to install again.

Source: Github

License : GPLv3

RPM: Openrepos

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...c3fbb066a8.png
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...30cea85d68.png
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...bc6aa4f333.png
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...cc0689d669.png
https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/...0151fc3222.png

taixzo 2016-12-21 16:52

Re: [Announce] tIDE - transportable IDE

Would it be possible to add arrow keys to the keyboard?

elros34 2016-12-21 17:19

Finally usable text editor (even more) on Sailfish. Thank you very much. Please add ctrl+s (save) and ctrl+f (search) features for hw keyboard so there will be fast option to save source file.

anig 2016-12-22 06:34

Thanks for making this. A couple of issues:
I can't figure out how to navigate to the sd card since the start location is always nemo.
The line numbers don't allow for text over run. So you get text on a different line number if you change between portrait and landscape view.

theonelaw 2016-12-22 07:45

SFOS will become open source someday?

(from http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-m...-05-09.00.html :

Quote:

Open sourcing is one big item that we hope we can proceed in steps during next year (2017) (Jaymzz, 09:21:07)

tmi 2016-12-23 01:10

tIDE seems really interesting!
Unfortunately, I'm not able to install it and get the following errors in Warehouse

Jolla 1:
Code:

Transaction /47039_aacaaeee
File './qt/armv7hl/qt5-default-5.2.1+git35-1.29.1.armv7hl.rpm' not found on medium 'https://releases.jolla.com/2.0.5.6/jolla/armv7hl/'

Jolla C:
Code:

Transaction /637_eaddabea
Extra details:
harbour-tide-0.1-1.armv7hl requires qt5-qtdeclarative-qmlscene, but this requirement cannot be provided

Both are on SFOS 2.0.5.6.
Based on the error messages the problems seem to be Qt5 related but other than that basically beyond me...

r0kk3rz 2016-12-23 08:49

it works on my tablet well, although perhaps a more tablet friendly UI would be nice

Merienth 2016-12-23 10:18

same qt5 dependency missing for mee as well at Jollla1.

eekkelund 2016-12-23 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1520877)
Would it be possible to add arrow keys to the keyboard?

Yeah, keyboard already has arrow keys!:) They are visible when the keyboard is not predicting the text.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elros34 (Post 1520880)
Finally usable text editor (even more) on Sailfish. Thank you very much. Please add ctrl+s (save) and ctrl+f (search) features for hw keyboard so there will be fast option to save source file.

Haha thank you!:) Yes I have to add hwd keyboard to TODO list. I'll be back home from vacation on January. So development will continue on January:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anig (Post 1520899)
Thanks for making this. A couple of issues:
I can't figure out how to navigate to the sd card since the start location is always nemo.
The line numbers don't allow for text over run. So you get text on a different line number if you change between portrait and landscape view.

Thank you for testing/reporting!:)
Line numbering has problems, it is experimental.. I will try to fix this. SD card issue will be fixed after I get back home to my computer on January :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmi (Post 1520953)
tIDE seems really interesting!
Unfortunately, I'm not able to install it and get the following errors in Warehouse

Jolla 1:
Code:

Transaction /47039_aacaaeee
File './qt/armv7hl/qt5-default-5.2.1+git35-1.29.1.armv7hl.rpm' not found on medium 'https://releases.jolla.com/2.0.5.6/jolla/armv7hl/'

Jolla C:
Code:

Transaction /637_eaddabea
Extra details:
harbour-tide-0.1-1.armv7hl requires qt5-qtdeclarative-qmlscene, but this requirement cannot be provided

Both are on SFOS 2.0.5.6.
Based on the error messages the problems seem to be Qt5 related but other than that basically beyond me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merienth (Post 1520966)
same qt5 dependency missing for mee as well at Jollla1.

Hmmm... Try 'pkcon refresh' in terminal and after that try to install again:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz (Post 1520962)
it works on my tablet well, although perhaps a more tablet friendly UI would be nice

Yeah good, thanks for testing!:)
I will make slightly different UI for tablet, this first release was focused to smaller screens. I also quickly tried it on my tablet, and I agree, it works but could be more friendly.

velox 2016-12-23 12:11

Looks really great!
Installed neatly on Jolla1 and C for me, haven't tried on tablet (looking forward to it, though).

The Keyboard took a reboot but afterwards it worked well.
Would it be possible to add text selection/copy (with shift modifier; maybe even 'jump to word ending' when it's in caps lock mode) to the arrow keys?

robthebold 2016-12-23 14:20

Great! Love having this handy ap. I'm eager to try this out with a little Python project I want to adapt to SFOS.

What's the maximum text file size that can be opened? I tried opening a giant (500k) hosts file, but the OS kept wanting to kill tIDE for not responding.

BTW, I'm testing on my OnePlus One running ported Fiskarsörangescissors or however one spells that if their memory is working properly ;)

tmi 2016-12-23 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1520967)
Try 'pkcon refresh' in terminal and after that try to install again:)

That seemed to do it. Thank you!

otsaloma 2016-12-23 17:46

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but I keep running into "pkcon refresh" being the magical command to solve all installation problems. Does anyone happen to know why it needs to be done? Doesn't the OS upgrade run that? Or do the repo contents change after a stable OS release?

eekkelund 2016-12-23 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by velox (Post 1520970)
Looks really great!
Installed neatly on Jolla1 and C for me, haven't tried on tablet (looking forward to it, though).

The Keyboard took a reboot but afterwards it worked well.
Would it be possible to add text selection/copy (with shift modifier; maybe even 'jump to word ending' when it's in caps lock mode) to the arrow keys?

Thanks for testing and suggestion!:) I will add this to TODO list (but I must warn that it is not on the top of it, yet..) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by robthebold (Post 1520976)
Great! Love having this handy ap. I'm eager to try this out with a little Python project I want to adapt to SFOS.

What's the maximum text file size that can be opened? I tried opening a giant (500k) hosts file, but the OS kept wanting to kill tIDE for not responding.

BTW, I'm testing on my OnePlus One running ported Fiskarsörangescissors or however one spells that if their memory is working properly ;)

There is no maximum but it can take some time(if you don't kill the app). ATM file r/w is made with Python because when I started to create this application I didn't have C++ knowledge that much.. File r/w is planned to be rewritten in C++.. :)

Ooh, I heard that on ported Moto G tIDE had some problems. Great that it works on OnePlus One :)

robthebold 2016-12-24 01:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1520999)
There is no maximum but it can take some time(if you don't kill the app). ATM file r/w is made with Python because when I started to create this application I didn't have C++ knowledge that much.. File r/w is planned to be rewritten in C++.. :)

Ooh, I heard that on ported Moto G tIDE had some problems. Great that it works on OnePlus One :)

Some time, indeed. Granted, this is an exceptionally long text file, but I have to admit I killed the process after about 10 minutes. I didn't really need to edit it after all, just wanted to see what would happen with such a huge input.

[But the OS does get kind of impatient, doesn't it? And it keeps trying to convince me to stop the app every few seconds. Many, many, years (decades?) ago, when I still toiled on MS Windows GUI software, it was always a struggle to break down tightly looping operations enough to sneak a call to "ProcessMessages" from the OS just to keep Windows from trying to seduce the user into killing our application. It was still working, but if it didn't check in with the GUI every so often to see if it needed to move the window around the screen or get hidden by something else, etc., it got put on the hit list. Our motto was: "if it looks crashed, it is", because the user would probably kill it at that point.]

Anyway. I'll let you know what happens on OnePlus X "soon". JK, I'll actually report on this in a day or two ;)

And thanks again for this useful program!

ed:
Tried it on the "new" OnePlus X, and haven't found any glitches, bugs, etc. yet.

velox 2016-12-27 23:10

I've tried it on the tablet. Looks really nice as well, but it has one down side: That many pixels really make me wish for fancy stuff like editing two files next to each other.

eekkelund 2016-12-28 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by robthebold (Post 1521002)
Some time, indeed. Granted, this is an exceptionally long text file, but I have to admit I killed the process after about 10 minutes. I didn't really need to edit it after all, just wanted to see what would happen with such a huge input.

Oh okay, that is quite long. I didn't expect it to take so long..:D

Quote:

[But the OS does get kind of impatient, doesn't it? And it keeps trying to convince me to stop the app every few seconds. Many, many, years (decades?) ago, when I still toiled on MS Windows GUI software, it was always a struggle to break down tightly looping operations enough to sneak a call to "ProcessMessages" from the OS just to keep Windows from trying to seduce the user into killing our application. It was still working, but if it didn't check in with the GUI every so often to see if it needed to move the window around the screen or get hidden by something else, etc., it got put on the hit list. Our motto was: "if it looks crashed, it is", because the user would probably kill it at that point.]

Yes, there is place to improve. Opening the file takes really long time and makes it look like crashed.. Thanks for the feedback!:)

Quote:

Anyway. I'll let you know what happens on OnePlus X "soon". JK, I'll actually report on this in a day or two ;)

And thanks again for this useful program!

ed:
Tried it on the "new" OnePlus X, and haven't found any glitches, bugs, etc. yet.

Oooh awesome! So far only Moto G has had problems, thank you for testing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by velox (Post 1521133)
I've tried it on the tablet. Looks really nice as well, but it has one down side: That many pixels really make me wish for fancy stuff like editing two files next to each other.

...You kinda guessed coming tablet UI improvements..( Don't tell anyone ;) )

taixzo 2017-01-02 11:10

It seems like the keyboard is missing the comma - or is it just hidden somewhere that I can't find?

eekkelund 2017-01-02 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1521313)
It seems like the keyboard is missing the comma - or is it just hidden somewhere that I can't find?

Woah! Yeah, I think you are right..:D Funny that I didn't notice.

Do you @taixzo or anyone have suggestions for keyboard layout? Or more functionalities? I got request for tabulator button so that will be added(maybe long press for 'Enter' button?). :)

Merienth 2017-01-02 14:12

yes, tabulator would be welcomed. :)

taixzo 2017-01-02 23:36

For suggestions, I might suggest moving the { and } keys to the first symbols page, perhaps swapping them with the & and @ keys (both of which are rarely used in QML, and & is rarely used in Python)?

Also, I don't know if this is something you can fix, but I've noticed that often when I hit shift, it shifts and then unshifts immediately causing the next letter to be lowercase - perhaps it needs some sort of debouncing logic?

eekkelund 2017-01-03 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1521345)
For suggestions, I might suggest moving the { and } keys to the first symbols page, perhaps swapping them with the & and @ keys (both of which are rarely used in QML, and & is rarely used in Python)?

Thanks for these:) Will be changed in next release!

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1521345)
Also, I don't know if this is something you can fix, but I've noticed that often when I hit shift, it shifts and then unshifts immediately causing the next letter to be lowercase - perhaps it needs some sort of debouncing logic?

Yes I can fix it. I can fix all (I think?) issues regarding the keyboard that comes with tIDE.(If I have skills..) This shift issue is now fixed, thank you !:)

Edit: Btw added this one also:

Quote:

Originally Posted by velox (Post 1520970)

:)

eekkelund 2017-01-18 12:29

4 Attachment(s)
v0.2 first Tablet & root mode release!

https://github.com/eekkelund/harbour...t.png?raw=true

First post updated with all the new features!

Grab it from openrepos!

Changelog
  • Added tabulator key, visible on Sym view
  • Added selecting and jumping words to cursor keys
  • Show notification on Python error
  • Possibility to navigate to SD Card-Root-usr/share
  • Adding files in FileManagerPage possible
  • Improved search function
  • Improved spec files
  • Fixed ShiftKey bug
  • Updated keyboard layoyt
  • Added support for hw keyboard. CTRL+F and CTRL+S
  • Fixed keyboard prediction suggestions bug
  • Split view for tablet, quick file change inside editor and scrollable topbar
  • Key shortcuts & predicting support for split view
  • Fixed bug if building not example project
  • Root mode support and renamed directories
  • If build has been successfull possibility to install app
  • Possibility to change splitter position in split view
  • Possibility to delete projects. In CreatorHome via the long-tap-menu in the ListItems, and the pull down menu in ProjectHome. RemorseItem and RemorsePopup in use.(wellef)
  • Add support for wrap mode setting for the editor. As a result the editors textarea is now able to flick in both directions when needed.(wellef)

pichlo 2017-01-18 14:37

2 Attachment(s)
I had tIDE installed since day 1 but only now did I have the time to have a little play with it.
I love it but, like others, would like to suggest small improvements ;)
  • The line numbers feature is very experimental indeed! ;) The line numbers do not line up with the actual lines (at least at certain font settings) and can confused by text wrapping (see screenshots).
  • It would be nice to have the Settings menu available at all times, not only in the welcome screen.
  • I see references to the developer's keyboard in this thread and in the help, but there is no Text Input in my Settings page. What am I missing?

eekkelund 2017-01-18 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1522187)
I had tIDE installed since day 1 but only now did I have the time to have a little play with it.
I love it but, like others, would like to suggest small improvements ;)

Yayy! Suggestions and improvements always more than welcome!:)

Quote:

• The line numbers feature is very experimental indeed! ;) The line numbers do not line up with the actual lines (at least at certain font settings) and can confused by text wrapping (see screenshots).

Oh, yes true.. First one is bug and will be fixed to next release(or bug fix release). Text wrapping is issue, I have to think a way how lines could be calculated if TextArea wraps them middle of real line and how then empty space would be added to lineCount array.:) Hopefully fixed in next release!

Quote:

• It would be nice to have the Settings menu available at all times, not only in the welcome screen.

Okay, will add this to next release. Top bar button or swipe to right to open settings page? Or do you(or anybody) have idea how it should be done? :)

Quote:

• I see references to the developer's keyboard in this thread and in the help, but there is no Text Input in my Settings page. What am I missing?

Ahh, sorry. I mean your phone's Settings. Not the app's settings. Try from there and report back? :)

I updated first post with all the new features!

pichlo 2017-01-18 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1522189)
Text wrapping is issue, I have to think a way how lines could be calculated if TextArea wraps them middle of real line and how then empty space would be added to lineCount array.:) Hopefully fixed in next release!

How about the naive way of counting line end characters? Or am I being completely naive?

Quote:

Okay, will add this to next release. Top bar button or swipe to right to open settings page? Or do you(or anybody) have idea how it should be done? :)
I think that a normal pulley would work the best. You already have an anchor, the top bar. Pull by that to open the pulley menu.

Quote:

Ahh, sorry. I mean your phone's Settings. Not the app's settings. Try from there and report back? :)
Silly me! ;) Of course! That works, thanks!

eekkelund 2017-01-18 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1522193)
How about the naive way of counting line end characters? Or am I being completely naive?

That could one way: each time when new line appears each character of document should be checked(or at least last cursor position-new cursor position) and if unwrapped lineCount is different than lineCount counting line end chars, empty space should be appended to lineCount array. And it becames harder if line is added or deleted middle of document.

I hope and I think that there might be easyer way..:) Any help is appreciated !

Quote:

I think that a normal pulley would work the best. You already have an anchor, the top bar. Pull by that to open the pulley menu.
Yea, I have been trying to avoid pulleymenu in editor page, but settings could be added there. I will see which would be the 'coolest' way:)

Quote:

Silly me! ;) Of course! That works, thanks!
Awesome!:)

elros34 2017-01-18 17:26

Word prediction is only available with virtual keyboard?
Do I need some special package for it? For now I have blank bar above virtual keyboard.
Rebot fixed it

- Tab key could insert 4 spaces like in qtcreator.
- It's impossible to open file directly from terminal using harbour-tide-root.
This one works for me
Code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        if (setuid(0)) {
                perror("setuid");
                return 1;
        }
            argv[0] = "/usr/bin/harbour-tide";
            execv(argv[0], argv);

return 0;
}

eekkelund 2017-01-18 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by elros34 (Post 1522202)
Word prediction is only available with virtual keyboard?
Do I need some special package for it? For now I have blank bar above virtual keyboard.
Rebot fixed it

Okay good to hear it started working :)

Quote:

- Tab key could insert 4 spaces like in qtcreator.

Hmm, okay:) What others think? Now it behaves like normal tab button.

Quote:

- It's impossible to open file directly from terminal using harbour-tide-root.
This one works for me
Code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        if (setuid(0)) {
                perror("setuid");
                return 1;
        }
            argv[0] = "/usr/bin/harbour-tide";
            execv(argv[0], argv);

return 0;
}

Ohh yea! Thank you! I forgot this one:) Will add to next release

pichlo 2017-01-19 06:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1522217)
What others think? Now it behaves like normal tab button.

Tab inserting spaces would be nice to have but I can live without it. I would prioritise line numbers over it ;)
It would be even nicer to have the number of spaces configurable but a hardcoded 4 would suffice.

taixzo 2017-01-19 15:41

On a mobile device especially, spaces are problematic because it takes so many presses of the backspace key to delete heavily-indented code. That's why I started using tabs. (This would be less of an issue if, when pressing backspace at the beginning of an indented line, it deleted to the beginning of the line, or at least to the next-highest indentation level.)

eekkelund 2017-01-19 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by taixzo (Post 1522238)
On a mobile device especially, spaces are problematic because it takes so many presses of the backspace key to delete heavily-indented code. That's why I started using tabs. (This would be less of an issue if, when pressing backspace at the beginning of an indented line, it deleted to the beginning of the line, or at least to the next-highest indentation level.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1522224)
Tab inserting spaces would be nice to have but I can live without it. I would prioritise line numbers over it ;)
It would be even nicer to have the number of spaces configurable but a hardcoded 4 would suffice.

Thanks for feed back!:) I will make tab button to have configurable spaces. e.g. "Real tab - two spaces - three -four - ...-eight"?

elros34 2017-01-19 16:53

So maybe tab width (settabstop) instead spaces?

eekkelund 2017-01-19 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by elros34 (Post 1522245)
So maybe tab width (settabstop) instead spaces?

Oh I didn't even know about this. :)

I already added tabulator settings.. (Real tab, 2 spaces, 3,..8) And also opening file from terminal in root mode (Thanks elros34) :)

https://github.com/eekkelund/harbour...e7b1a7ffa481da

eekkelund 2017-01-31 23:39

0.2.5 "Bugfix & suggestions" version released!
Last fixes for #mccXVI ;)

Grab it from openrepos!

Changelog:
  • Able to start from command line in rootmode.
  • Tabulator key settings, (Real tab - 8spaces)
  • Bugfix: Linecounting works now WOOoo:)
  • Swedish(eson57) and Dutch (d9h02f) translations
  • Bugfix: Respect system allowed orientations settings.(Issue#9)
  • Bugfix: Come back to right folder when returning from editor and indentation function improving
  • Slightly better highlighting time, which affects file opening time
  • Fix: Better tab setting, not final though
  • Settings page available from EditorPage!
  • Better higlighting time, not perfect yet. Multiline needs fix
  • Added enterkey icon for searchbar in editorpage(GoAlexander)

pichlo 2017-02-15 12:16

Not sure if this was mentioned before...

Having spent endless hours fighting with the tIDE UI where the text would happily scroll left and right but only sometimes up and down, and I could for the life of me figure out the pattern, I finally grokked it! It only scrolls up and down when you grab it by the line numbers.

Is that as intended?

eekkelund 2017-02-16 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1523505)
Not sure if this was mentioned before...

Having spent endless hours fighting with the tIDE UI where the text would happily scroll left and right but only sometimes up and down, and I could for the life of me figure out the pattern, I finally grokked it! It only scrolls up and down when you grab it by the line numbers.

Is that as intended?

I assume you are using "Wrap mode: No wrap"?:)
Thank you for this, I haven't noticed this myself. I will try to find solution for this but I am afraid that SilicaFlickable works this way, and I have to implement some workaround..

Ps. SFOS 2.1 update has broken App Output, I'm working on it.

pichlo 2017-02-16 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by eekkelund (Post 1523562)
I assume you are using "Wrap mode: No wrap"?:)

Of course! Is there any other (useable) way? ;)

(There was a 'not' missing in my report, but you figured out what I meant :))

taixzo 2019-01-22 22:19

Bug report: "Build the app" fails if I open tIDE by tapping on the app icon; it shows an error message consisting of "Return of PyObject call is null: Traceback (most recent call last):" and no traceback. However, if I launch it by running "harbour-tide" in a terminal, building the app proceeds without issue.

taixzo 2019-04-14 17:29

Is there a way to set environment variables for the app being run? I'm working on something with a Rust module and it requires RUST_BACKTRACE=1 to be set as an environment variable to display debugging backtraces.